Itano Tomomi 8th [HIDE & SEEK] (2016/04/20)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by JadeFlower, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Yea, so I was right about this being Itano's worst selling single. Apparently she only sold 9000-ish copies, but the number could be off by a couple. So give or take she sold 9-11k.

2. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Hide and Seek sold 9,019 copies in the weekly Oricon Chart which ranked 11th place.

3. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    Which still isn't that bad by today's standards but still not very good, hopefully her sales don't keep on decreasing more and more until they reach the triple digits.

4. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    My first package arrived (Amazon shipped it in two packages somehow)
    [​IMG]
    This is real key made of from rather heavy metal. Same key which is featured in MV.
    While packaging presentation has very premium feel DVD content was disappointing - only MV without making of...

btw. that "Hide & Seek" muffler towel did not came with single. lol
    It's from her Osaka single release event I attended couple of weeks ago.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  5. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

2nd week sales was 917 which ranked 65th on Oricon weekly chart (total is 9,936)

6. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I feel as though her sales are declining, much as is the quality of her releases. I know it's not her fault at all..

But I strongly believe that Dear J, Fui ni, 1% were all KILLER singles. It was so up the alley that we've come to know with her.. but once she started to experiment a bit, write some lyrics, do some ballads, etc., the well kinda dried up :-/ I just didn't like Little AT ALL.. and Gimme Luv and Come Party were just fluff.

1% and Dear J just had these HUGE auras about them, which made them stand out and command the stage. These recent songs just haven't done that :-/ It saddens me.

7. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    3rd week:

sold: 381
    total: 10 317

8. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    'little' is actually my favorite single, it's dark and it showed a different side of her - then after that, she began to experiment more and more, and hasn't found a trademark sound to say 'Hey, this is Itano Tomomi for sure!' like Dear J did back then.

I'm still butthurt that 'BRIGHTER' was only a b-side

I think 'Hide & Seek' had potential, especially with the dark MV and the chorus was catchy, but the rest of the song...a bit forgettable.

9. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    it will be interesting to see where her career goes from here. if she will kind of phase out the music releases and do the one-digital-single-a-year-and-then-5-best-albums that most flops do, or if she'll continue with regular releases. (not saying she's a flop, but when some artists sales start to decrease a lot they fade into oblivion then just start releasing digital singles and they get stuck in career limbo.)

10. vutt

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    She's with very powerful agency - Horipro. I'm sure they will think of something.
    However they still need to make profit with her.

11. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

^Agreed. H&S is the only weak release from her in my opinion, I have loved everything else completely.

12. JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    I have to say I loved this release because just like little I love the dark sound of Tomomi! I am a little worried about the low sales though, her sales keep declining with each release. I love her music and it would be sad if she faded away :(