IZONE News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 31, 2018.

1. erukruu

erukruu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Sorry for a sudden reply (just lurkin around and got an urge to comment) OP2-Keyaki/Nogi videos are just a sample videos that Japanese idol fandom also do stage mixes / (but more like best shots versions) like what you have shared. It was just a quite bad example because you were pointing about costumes while maybe OP2 thought it's all about stage mixes (but hoping you get the point). (cant blame jpop* they usually limit idols costumes for at least 2 sets lol + special music shows costumes *edited)

2. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    It looks like you missed the other point of a portion of fans going into an insane competition.

3. mittens_220

mittens_220 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Maybe it's good that the members get expensive gifts, but in the end, it is the company who spends money on the dorms, the food, the promotions and so on. It would be rather unbalanced if it ends up that the members gets all the money, but the company has no profits to spend on actually running the idol group?

4. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I did not (read below)
    “Only in Kpop” Well, clearly, I linked two videos where there are compilations of different performances with different outfits (except Keyaki hence why I said it’s not the best example). It is literally the same thing as the one you linked. So, no. I did not get your point right :rolleyes:

FYI, at one point like 1 or 2 years ago, AKB also had videos exactly like the one you linked but AKS is ass

Just because you’re ignorant doesn’t mean you can say something is Kpop only.

Edit; I would appreciate it if you would not just leave a dislike and instead address it. Should I quote what mods say?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Izone in nonno.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Tv amigo preview

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 4
  6. Chloe

Chloe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    chibaerii

The figure you gave is highly optimistic I think. That 10% your referring to usually comes after they pay off their training debt, but let's ignore that since the AKB girls don't have that. First of all from what I know, they use the money from the sales to pay off the production costs before they get their earning. Whatever they have left belongs to them, that is if they even have anything bc most of the time, they don't make enough to pay off the production costs. Literally you need to sell a LOT of albums, somewhere in the hundreds of thousands to even make money. And then they have to split the money between them which makes their earnings even lower. The only way idols make that kind of money is from concert and such bc albums are actually just money loss. If they are somehow making money, I think it's a much smaller amount.

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

7. welp

welp Next Girls

Completely wrong. All the expense is levied on the members. The cost of dorm, food, all fancy costumes and stage props, album recording etc, will be deducted from their paychecks. Members will get paid only if there is profit. This is how many K-pop idols have zero saving after working hard for years, an ugly side of K-pop industry.

No they're apparently different. Stop being salty. J-pop is not always better than K-pop (or Sakura have not been a big K-pop fan and undergone a survival show to be a K-pop idol). I have seen few stage mix videos of AKB but they always wore similar costumes. Nor each of those videos edited from all music show stages but from concerts+music shows thus, the transition was not as smooth as music shows had similar camerawork and lighting. Such video isn't available anymore anyway. (Whether this is really better is subjective. I myself find it quite a waste, 4-5 sets of costumes should be enough.)

I miss the repeated limited costume Sakura but it is what it is. (Costumes K-pop idols wear to variety shows or airports may be sponsored too.)

Even the number I gave (9,000$ per album) is not a pleasing number. Usually, a K-pop idol releases 2 album yearly meaning they will earn 18,000$ yearly in very costly living Korea. I don't think that is above minimum wage rate.

Yes, biggest income source of K-pop idols is concert, especially oversea ones (Japan ones counted as oversea). A popular K-pop idol like Twice or Black Pink surely earn over 150,000$ from a day of oversea concert performance.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  8. mittens_220

mittens_220 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Oh is that how k-pop industry is like? Like all k-pop companies are like that? So do the k-pop idols even get an option of selling off fan gifts if they need money?

9. welp

welp Next Girls

Yes, all K-pop agencies pay their idols this way. I find it very unfair that the employees must shoulder the investment. What if your boss says "I won't pay you because the company is in red this year."? That's illegal in most parts of the world but not in K-pop industry.

Luckily, Aijeu has snatched few endorsement deals and that should guarantee they will get paid decently for this promotion.

The problem is K-netz are scary online detective and if they catch the idol selling fan gifts (or simply give them away to their kins or friends), the idol is doomed. They may forgive her if she's seriously financially struggling.

10. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Most of the profit of idols come from their concerts, not from selling CD. YG is the best example for this. Their artists hardly have any comeback, and their hiatus last for years, yet the artists themselves can buy house, cars, expansive clothes like nothing.

That's why gifting idols expensive gifts will not make the company go bankrupt.

11. mittens_220

mittens_220 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Hmm, if that's the case, wouldn't it be more beneficial to the idol if the fans just gave them cash directly? Instant financial help after all.

• Winner Winner x 3
  12. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Not to forget everyone but Yuri belongs to other companies that obviously gets a share of their idols’ profits as well

13. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Like Like x 2
  14. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Nobody is arguing which is better though.

The trigger from your post is the phrasing of "only in Kpop". Sure your point is from the perspective that from such video, the kpop gets to show their different costumes because they wear different ones every time they perform (or more than 2 sets). But the video itself is an all stages mix video of La Vie en Rose performances, and despite it saying all stages mix, unless Izone has declared they have finished performing La Vie en Rose forever (or let's say, at least on TV shows where the camerawork makes for good mixing because they are smooth and similar or smth), the video is essentially just a mix video. So the video being as it is, it is not only in kpop, well unless the uploader/video maker meant to showcase the different costumes specifically. It is technically a mix video and that's where @Matsui Hikari comes in, saying that such videos are not only in kpop and that jpop also has such mix videos, just that in 48G and 46G, it was named as best shot version while in kpop as all stages mix. Unless the uploader/video maker for jpop specifically did the mix video for just one set of costumes and ignored the other performances because other costumes were worn, it is also just a mix video. Whether the group wear different costumes each time, or have 2 or other certain amount of costumes set, or just one set of costumes every time, both kpop and jpop has mix videos which in nature would show different costumes if the group do wear different costumes. The difference is just that kpop one meant to showcase all stages, while the jpop one meant to showcase the best shots from media performances, which the former can't forever be true unless izone has performed La Vie en Rose for the last time and then all stages were included in the mix and the latter being best shots are done subjectively from the video maker's point of view of what would make a shot best so it only holds true as far as the video maker perceive it to be, so anyway both types are technically just mix videos and not exclusive to only either one of them.

Tl;dr : it is not only in kpop where there is a mix video for those who enjoy seeing different costumes worn in music shows for a specific song, be it two or infinite amount of costumes set. Both kpop and jpop has mix videos, the izone has the one dubbed as "all stages mix" while 48g/46g has "best shot version", but both are essentially just mix videos all the same technically.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    I swear you’re all very fascinating & entertaining to watch, who even in the world gets triggered over something like that ?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I must be one of the few who find these essays interesting.

Not the best argued, but still a great economic read.

17. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Don't forget Miyawaki Sakura!

sakuaegyo.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    IZ*ONE X EATING SHOW

Ahhh their mogu mogu show was fun to watch :drool: ( made me hungry and crave for korean food too lol )

• Like Like x 2
  19. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Baratheon

Baratheon Kenkyuusei

Whoa I wish I have that skills to write those long essays for my school assignment. I couldnt even write 500 words easily 5555.
    I like Sakura - Yena - Nako combi.
    Anyway, watching IzoneChu and their videos, it seems Sakura and esp Nako acquire Korean faster compared to Hiichan. And they're already making funny scenes with those broken language lol.

Sent from my SCV36 using Tapatalk