Kasai Tomomi (Tomo~mi) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Mana

Mana Under Girls

The TomoTomo photo posted above is so sweet and adorable and it makes me happy ;_; Love them <3

and @noisyrequiem thanks for the update! Tomomi looks so good with her new hairstyle <3 a natural hairstyle LOL long black straight hair with bangs! This is just like the old days! and she basically looks the same as she did during her debuts, amazing :O She looks so pretty and cute. I love it! I really miss her T_T

2. noisyrequiem

noisyrequiem Kenkyuusei

Finally! According to official fanclub sources, Tomomi announced her debut album during the Thursday's mini-live at Otodama Sea Studio. The album is due out later this year but the exact release date is yet to be announced.
    During the concert, Tomomi performed one of the songs from an upcoming LP, called (working title) "Joshuseki Rain". Pre-recording version from a November's session with Yoshimasa Inoue (the composer of the song, BTW) is available here (starting at 3:28).

if the video does not show watch the video here

Glad to see Kasai being active both as a solo singer and a musical actress. She's good at singing and she should stick to it - I don't think she ever looked comfortable doing other idol activities such as gravure and variety shows.

Her new-old image is also quite refreshing.

[​IMG]

Though it's very unlikely that the album will be a commercial success, at least both her goals as an artist (starring in musical and recording an album) are now to be achieved. Congratulations!

3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@noisyrequiem OMG YES!!! FINALLY!!! :cute:

I almost lost hope about Tomomi having new music... I'm SO happy she will release new music, and an album? I hope this means a lot of new songs! right now I don't worry about commercial success, I'm just so happy to have new music from her <3 but of course, I wish her success, because I want her career as singer to continue... I hope she will get to appear on some music shows to promote!

also the new photo, Tomomi looks so pretty. I don't mind if she keep this hairstyle for her new album LOL it really suits her, natural and pretty.

To celebrate this, I'm going to post one of my favorite song & performance by Tomomi:

:cute:

4. LNK_Tomu

LNK_Tomu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

5. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I'll get the album, but I'll wait for more details of which type the event ticket will be included and the song list.

6. LNK_Tomu

LNK_Tomu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

7. noisyrequiem

noisyrequiem Kenkyuusei

Music video for a new song "STAR-T" apperared on King Records YT account

Nice catchy song, quite similar to "Mine". Neverertheless, a little too 'idolish' for my taste. I prefer more mature Kasai from her last two singles.

8. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Cute and sexy as ever. The song sounds like an NMB song to me, for some reason.

9. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I confess that kind of songs sound a bit 'all the same' to me but they always brighten my mood. :) I'm a bit surprised, though. I guess it's because I haven't seen her for some time, but she looks very different in that PV, she looks more mature...sometimes it was even a bit hard for me to recognize her...:^^;:

10. Ezia

Ezia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    I was pleasantly surprised by her new song. I haven't been following her much since her graduation so I didn't expect the vocal improvement! I see now from reading the last few pages of this thread that she undertook some vocal training, and it sounds to me like that was a good move. Her voice has more clarity and power now and I like how her voice is deeper now (though still pretty high, obviously). I'm happy that she looks like she's having fun in the video and hope her album sees some success. I might buy it if finances allow!

11. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Story about times in AKB48 and her thoughts about Mayuyu's graduation.

"He said that he wanted to do something he could not do in a group and started soloing but he realized that there was something that only groups could do.

" What I think about Mayuyu is "Good work." I think that anxiety after graduation is also a lie, I think that I feel extra because it is a strong responsible feeling, but I graduated after I graduated and it is a lot of fun .Welcome to this world." [google version]

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20171111-00010014-nshaberu-ent

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    I agree fully.

13. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Article about the release of the new album, Star-T. A possible explanation of the title (google version):

20171114-00000009-tospoweb-000-view.jpg

"I did not release it for the last three years, but there are opportunities to sing in live, event, musical etc, and song power has been attached in 3 years. I think that it is becoming a deep album even in the meaning of starting again with a positive feeling again. Starting new things from my age, courage to jump in and so on. It gets harder as I get older, but there are things I can start."

"At the beginning I wrote a theme with unrequited love as a theme, but I had never made unrequited love .... I am not going to blame AKB, but since I entered the entertainment world since I was 14 years old, I have not been doing ordinary romance, so the romance deviation value is lower than a person."

[I don't get the google version of the final part: 恋愛偏差値が人よりも低い, but I think she is saying her lack of experience delayed her understanding of love.]

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/entame/entertainment/826564/

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Thanks for sharing! That explanation was very interesting and deep.

15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Finally Tomomi's new song is released! I really enjoyed the Pv and song, STAR-T sounds really idol-ish and her voice sounds so nice, I agree that we can hear that she improved in singing (she was already good before but even better now). I can't wait to hear more songs from her! <3

16. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Listening to her new songs has made me realise how much I missed her singing <3
    Really like the new songs, especially Joshi Seki RAIN, and the fact that there are so many different sounds she has gone for :)

17. noisyrequiem

noisyrequiem Kenkyuusei

"STAR-T" debuted at #25 on the Oricon Weekly Album Chart with estimated 1st week sales of 2,719 copies. As expected, the numbers are not impressive (keep in mind that a lot of fans bought several copies as the album was released in two versions), but still not so low comparing with the recent sales of the far more popular AKB graduates.

A video including short teasers of Tomomi's six new songs (the remaining 6 songs on the album are from her previous singles) was posted on King Records YT channel.

Overall, the album is quite a mess stylistically, from idol/anime-like songs to pop, R'n'B, tear-jerking ballads and even a heavy rock. On the other hand, such musical diversity allowed Kasai to show her full vocal range, which indeed improved a lot since the solo debut. Her singing voice in both Yoshimasa Inoue's compositions ("Joshuseki RAIN" and "No return") is the highlight of the album.

If Tomomi intends to pursue her career as a singer, she'll probably have to distance herself from her idol past and decide on one genre (R'n'B-like J-pop seems best suited to her voice and expression). She doesn't look and sing like an idol anymore, and being dependent on a sparse group of loyal fans from AKB era isn't profitable in the long term. I hope that Kasai's next releases will be much more consistent, as she has potential to become a successful solo artist.

18. Ezia

Ezia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    http://sailormoon-official.com/stage/news/superlive_0629.php

Tomomi will be playing Sailor Moon in a live stage show that will debut in Tokyo and will be performed at Japonisme 2018 in Paris later in the year.

It looks like it might be a rotating cast so it's not clear if Tomomi will be going to Paris with the show. Exciting for her either way.

Edit:
    She confirmed it on her Instagram as well and mentions going overseas. She seems extremely excited and says she's worried she's going to wake up and find it's all a dream: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bkl8-mCgGM7/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1d7qc4fveoy5z

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Off topic---------AND she's still sexy as hell.:cute:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    You can still get tickets for Peter Pan, in which she plays Wendy.

Tomomi Kawsai (role of Wendy)

[​IMG]

Every summer I was looking forward to seeing this work from the customers' point of view. For years, I have been watching like every year so I always wanted to say "Wendy, I want to do it" to the office person, I finally got a story this year and wearing a Wendy costume and wigs I hope you made it to me, I let you go up to the stage with all such lovely casts, and I feel like I've finally come to realize.

I was always excited when I was watching, I got a lot of happy, so this year I want to deliver it to customers.

I thought by looking at the mirror today (laugh) I forgot such a mental in a month too ... I guess everyone is very encouraging, but it is painful to the contrary (laugh) ), I would like to do my best including that, so thank you.

http://hpot.jp/peterpan2018_report01/

Tokyo Performance】
    July 21 (Sat) - August 1 (Wed), 2018
    Venue: Tokyo International Forum Hall C
    http://hpot.jp/stage/peterpan

• Like Like x 2