LE SSERAFIM

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by bonjourmarlene, Apr 23, 2022.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    US YouTuber HJ Evelyn who interviewed the group in New York City was invited to the HYBE Building in Seoul to meet them there and talk about Coachella among other things:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  2. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    More Coachella stuff:

Live performance of "Stupid in Love:"

• Like Like x 2
  3. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Just finished watching their Coachella set, they did really well. Will be tuning in again next week.

4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    • Like Like x 2
  5. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 3
  6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Not everyone liked their live singing.

Following LE SSERAFIM‘s “Coachella 2024” performance, there has been—inevitably—a lot of talk among K-Pop fans in and outside Korea about the girl group’s live vocals.

Amid the divided reactions between those praising LE SSERAFIM members for “proving” the haters wrong vs. those expressing disappointment once again, one tweet has gone viral for attacking Chaewon‘s slip-up in the middle of her “Fire In The Belly” performance.

Overnight, the tweet has garnered over 3.4M views: The X (former Twitter) user called out LE SSERAFIM as a whole for subpar singing skills, but the video focused on Chaewon falling out of pitch while belting a high-range note.

"So you’re telling me this isn’t a video of me and my friends at karaoke night? This is LE SSERAFIM at Coachella?"

While some remained adamant that the girl group didn’t impress, most pulled together for Chaewon and said, “It was a minor hiccup that should be overlooked.”

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/koreans-defend-le-sserafim-chaewon-viral-tweet-coachella-mistake/

7. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Unfortunately I also agree that their live singing wasn't great. I started watching the performance with my boyfriend in the room - he didn't see what I was watching and said "that doesn't sound very nice." I think they improved throughout the performance and I really enjoyed the last song (Fire in the belly), Yunjin's vocals became really strong. I think maybe they were just really nervous, but this isn't the first time now that this has happened so I hope HYBE can focus on vocal coaching, especially combined with intense dance moves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

There was a lot of LE SSERAFIM articles left and right about their Coachella performance.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. budokanlife014

budokanlife014 Kenkyuusei

Sakura put up a weverse post regarding the performance and the controversy swirling around the group:

https://weverse.io/lesserafim/artist/3-160522862

Reddit translation (credit to u/FerhatB):

"I learned a lot from the preparation of Coachella to the day of the performance.

What does it mean to be on stage? Is it about showing the perfect side? Is it about entertaining the audience? Or is it about performing a stage without being allowed to make a single mistake?

Different people have different standards.

It depends on what kind of performance it is. I'm going to perform on this stage For those who don't know us and those who are new to the song, it was just fun!I wanted to make this performance so that you can feel that today was an unforgettable and wonderful day.

and I am sure that his determination was conveyed, I think we did the best performance. It's been less than two years since we debuted, and we've only done one tour, so we've put all our heart and soul into this stage with a stage called Coachella.

That alone made me feel that it was life and LE SSERAFIM. FEARNOTs will face many difficulties in her life and encounter many unreasonable things. But I'm the only one who knows for sure what I've done. I really prepared for this performance, suffered in it, and enjoyed it, and I was able to show all of it on the day of the actual performance. may be immature in someone's eyes But no one is perfect It's an unwavering fact that it was the best performance we've ever shown. So, I was really looking forward to being a better team in the future, and it was a performance that made me really want to work harder.

I think everything is different between what you get compared to someone else and what you get compared to what I did in the past. Even if you live normally, please find what you really like in a difficult world, and look only at what you like and what you like. Seeing only good things is not spoiled or anything. It's my life, so I can live the way I want to live.

When I was walking in Coachella Square today, some people "Yesterday's performance was awesome!" he said to me. That alone left me feeling overwhelmed. It is my best memory to share such a wonderful space with the audience who can see me from the stage, enjoying me to the end, humming along with me. No matter what anyone thinks, I believe what I feel. That's why I've come all the way here. I will not betray me, and I will continue to believe in me. I am very grateful to all the staff, dancers, and bands who helped me make this performance. And thank you very much to FEARNOTs for running to the scene and to FEARNOTs for watching us on the broadcast. FEARNOTs were there, so I was able to do it with pride. Thank you very much.

Also, I will continue to do my best to show you unimaginable scenery, so please continue to support me Thank you so much Coachella!!! I'll do my best next week too!!!"

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Mimikkyu

Mimikkyu Member

Oshimen:
    48G itself.
    In Vietnamese fandom, HYBE has been accused of abusing copyright claims to cover up LE SSERAFIM's Coachella performance.
    In Korean social network sites, many trending videos about LE SSERAFIM's Coachella performance were removed for "copyright reason".

437783174_465998402530154_5681456854331996712_n.jpg 437790060_465998435863484_368013518907255967_n.jpg

(Bottom text: This media has been disabled due to a report from the copyright holder.)

Some people jokingly commented that these copyright claims are to protect the ears of netizens .

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I know and predict this will happen.

Out of all the JP produce48 participants, they chose Sakura (and her rigged "A")? Even her dancing is also emotionless. She won't even get an A if the exam was conducted in 48G Japan, unless she is rigged. Her attitude has always been the problem

Well now the world is out to get her. And Jurina warned us before yet Jurina is the one being dragged even if she spoke the truth

"try harder sakura if not lesserafim is going to face the end" .

=======

I hate how because of her people are now looking down to japanese female idols. While japanese artists are actually growing... It isn't because of japanese mentality but because of sakura's lack of attitude!!!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    You can say all that and hate Sakura, but the truth is that she's one of the most recognised faces out of all Japanese idols, and even now amongst the top idols in South Korea. LE SSERAFIM isn't doomed because of this. People still ferociously love and support Sakura.

Personally, I didn't get the hype around Sakura during HKT48, Produce 48 or even IZ*ONE. I also didn't get why she was so popular. But now in LE SSERAFIM, I can finally see her potential and I admire her. She is a good idol through her experience and she fights for what she believes in. I think LE SSERAFIM will improve and come out stronger of this. People accused JENNIE of BLACKPINK of dancing lazily and what happened? Nothing. Years later, JENNIE and BLACKPINK are still known amongst the most popular idols/idol groups.

It's 2024, both Sakura and Jurina are graduated and people are still pitting them against each other. They're both passionate about their own stuff. Jurina fans always supported Jurina snapping at that fateful sousenkyo, while Sakura fans hated her for it. It's still the same now. As a supporter of both of them, I think sousenkyo was incredibly stressful and mentally taxing on all the girls. Jurina snapped at her in a heated moment, the world goes on. Maybe the words made an impression on Sakura to do better, maybe they didn't. In the end, Sakura is the one stood on a world wide stage. I wish all the best to both of them.

• Like Like x 2
  13. budokanlife014

budokanlife014 Kenkyuusei

What's funny is that Jurina has likely moved on. She's doing her thing after her hiatus and that's good. She still has her life ahead of her and I wish her success in that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. watash.Iwa

watash.Iwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    小林由依
    Now seeing the repercussion, i´m convinced that Sakura should have released a good old generic apology. A lot of people are accusing her of admiting she´s lazy.

Your classic "I´m sorry i didn´t fullfill your expectations. I´m gonna train ever harder to improve and give fearnots a better performance"

And i gotta admit i agree with some points people mentioned on twitter(despite thinking she was the most stable during the concert), the "different people have different standarts" line was a huge mistake.

15. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    @bonjourmarlene

Noone is denying that she is popular. But at what cost?
    Do we need another Yoko Ono?

More people had the misconception that sakura's latest message is a true depiction of "japanese mentality" or the true reflection of Japanese idol.

The thing is her latest message will cause even greater uproar, even if she is still being a Japanese idol. Humility is one of the biggest values upheld in Japan. Times and times have showcased that humility and modesty can benefit one's career in Japan, even in 48G (think of how Sasshi reacted to her scandal, how her 1st and 3rd SSK wins speech still carry a lot of the humility aspect, winning the hearts of many doubtful fans; remember Acchan's "even if u hate me, don't hate AKB"). On the contrary, being not sufficiently humble can incur greater cost even if one is "arguably" doing the right thing. (Remember: yuko's reaction to riripon scandal, jurina's sousenkyo speech, etc). Humility and modesty are one of the important tatemae in Japan, yet now the opposite is seen globally thanks to Sakura's rather unwise post.

I don't think Jennie's situation is remotely comparable. The thing is: Jennie can dance, but she has this SWAG and happy-go-attitude. And she can cover it because it is easier to cover lack of interest in dance. (AKB has at least three popular members with this trait, and one of them was the iconic Tomochin during her peak popular days.)

I don't think Sakura can sing. She has visible improved but she can't sing. (She did perform better than EunChae). BUT the worst thing is her response: "(i know i can't sing) but different people have different standards". What does it imply, anyway? It is such an ambiguous statement and it might as well be interpreted in the worst way possible. Sakura has never been good with words (regardless of her fans might say. Her fans might naively thought her 48G blog posts were well written), but if she wanted to thank the fans (which i suspect what she wanted to convey), she should omit the parts where she sounds like she is boasting herself and giving excuses, patting herself on the back. Not sending any message would possibly be a less riskier move because... why add fuel to the flame?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2024
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

The AKB (or Japanese) style of "as long as we did out best" works in Japan but not with Korean entertainment.
    There's a saying "When in Rome, Do as the Romans Do".

My hot take, don't sue me.
    Sakura has more than a decade of idol experience and debuted three times. There's no more potential. This is her limit, her threshold.
    She did improve her dancing skills tenfold but her voice is fixed liked that.

LE should level up their game and not be satisfied being on the top of girl groups.
    They're good dancers but they should be selling their voices as singers too.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Nowadays Korea is prioritizing plastic visual + "buccal fat removed" face (including yours truly sakura) so... singing is no longer their priority anyway. Many of those Mr removed or even "live singing" is actually backtrack.

The problem is they go to coachella (and went to encore). Even BP performs with loud backtrack at Coachella but idk why Lesserafim performed only with loud backtrack in two songs but not the rest...

18. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    It means exactly this ^

People care about different things. Like you said, while there are plenty of people who care about singing, there are also many whose priority isn't singing. For some it's visuals. For some it's stage presence. For some it's dance skill. For some it's personality. For me it's work ethic and attitude.

• Like Like x 3
  19. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    [EPISODE] ‘EASY’ MUSIC SHOW BEHIND #2:

• Like Like x 2
  20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator