Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. celyn

celyn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miichan
    Miichan is in South Korea with Miki for vacation~
    They also indicated in the caption that a certain Kojima-san is with them. Is it Kojimako?
    If so, I'm weirded out how Miichan called Miki as Miki-chan, while the the Kojima has -san as the honorific. Plus, it's always Miichan and Miki in the pictures.

2. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    If it's Kojima-san I would guess it's Kojima Haruna a.k.a. nyan-nyan

Fun Fact: Kojima Mako once lost the right to her family name for a fortnight(?) to Kojima Haruna during a Janken tournament.

Miichan's twitter
    https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/991162847110447104
    ==============================
    初めて韓国に行ってきた!!!! みきちゃんと小嶋さんとの姉妹旅行☺︎☺︎☺︎韓国で流行ってるソフトクリーム屋さんに行きました。楽しく食べているところから、みきちゃんの髪の毛についちゃった瞬間までの表情の変化をお楽しみください...ずっと笑える また写真載せまーす。
    ------------------------------------------------------
    I went to Korea for the first time!!!! Sister travel with Miki and Kojima San ☺︎☺︎☺︎ I went to the ice cream shop that was popular in the Korea. Please enjoy the change of the expression until the moment when I got on Miki-chan's hair from the place where it is happily eating... It's a lot funnier to put photos.
    ------------------------------------------------------

DcFRWSdV4AAWXMT.jpg_large.jpeg DcFRWSfUwAAokiY.jpg_large.jpeg DcFRWShUQAEuR9w.jpg_large.jpeg DcFRWSjVAAEPBQJ.jpg_large.jpeg

If she went a bit earlier she could have claimed to bring peace to the peninsular ;)

Someone made a drawing of Miichan
    Miichan's instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BiHW7kYFryB/?taken-by=minegishi_31chan
    =================================
    センチメンタルで艶っぽい世界観が大好きな、イラストレーターのますだみくさんがなんと私のことを描いてくださいました...!きゃー!嬉しいー!
    「描きたい」とか「撮りたい」とかクリエイター心をくすぐるような人間になりたいものですねぇ。。頑張る☺︎
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    I love the sentimental and glossy worldview, Illustrator Mr. Miku draws me ... What a strange thing! Certainly! I'm happy!
    I'd like to become a human being who tickles "Creating" or "I want to draw" or "I want to shoot". . To do my best
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    (I guess she means she wants to trigger creativity in other people)
    30086597_1803284796646103_3282198730404528128_n.jpg Unknown-6.jpeg

She sure tends to move into the artsy, higher culture scene it seems

Miichan jokingly complained about never being featured in nyan-nyan's social media posts in an episode of Ariyoshi Akb Kyowakoku...
    and nyan-nyan eagerly admitted to that, because, as she explained, she was trying to create a presence in the fashion world apart from her work as idol.

if you search on 10 best AKB shows you can find a the video, the exchange starts at 08.02

edit: replaced the drawing with a larger version, I must have uploaded the thumbnail by mistake

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. celyn

celyn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miichan

OH! Thank you for the information. I never knew that.
    Come to think of it, Miichan celebrated Miki's and Nyan-nyan's birthdays together last April 9, based on her Twitter post.

Seeing Miki with THE Haruna Kojima in some pictures together outside work makes me appreciate Miichan's role in AKB. Despite Miki and Nyan-nyan have both graduate from AKB, the fact that she can bring two people with huge generation gap on private trips is already a huge accomplishment (and not many people can do).

I'm glad how she's a bridge to the old and new AKB.

4. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

5. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

That's a wonderful drawing, but doesn't the drawing look more like Sashihara Rino?

6. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I was unaware Miichan was so close with Miki tbh? There's quite an age gap so I guess I would never think Kojima, Miichan, and, Miki all hanging out together in a different country lol.

Unless that's not the Miki that graduated awhile ago? But it looks like her lol.

7. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Yeah, it is Nishino Miki. I think people really underestimate how much some of the younger girls appreciated Miichan as their team captain. If I remember the spring shuffle from 2015 right, there were a few girls that started crying really hard when Miichan was moved from Team 4 to Team K.

8. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    That's actually really interesting. It always seemed like the first 3-4gens were pretty tight/had a hard time really relating to 11thgen+ so to see Miichan be so close to someone like Miki is a little refreshing. It's like that joke about how Kojiharu knows no one except first gen girls + Sasshi lol. It's not true, but i actually imagine some of the women might be reluctant to actually get to know the newer girls.

9. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    It's obvious that Miichan's demotion to kenkyuusei has not been that bad in the long run, not for Miichan nor for AKB. She really bonded with Miki's and Kojimako's generation.
    If you have a chance you should watch the shuffle announcement segment in 'The time has come', Miichan being the rock on which Team 4 was founded, she and Kojimako in their senbatsu uniforms, the rest in their Team 4 kit, it kinda shows how she was 'living' in both spheres ... on the one hand the veteran top members and on the other the up and coming wild bunch that Team 4 was.

Miichan might probably have graduated 3 or 4 years ago if she didn't have Team 4 to nurture.

Btw Miki-chan sang Miichan's signature song 'Watashi wa watashi' together with Miichan in her graduation performance ... that's was pretty emotional, and I dare say special.
    I have no idea if anyone else has performed that besides Miichan

And another thing I might add: I think graduating was a good thing for Miki-chan, if you see how she looked when she graduated and how she looks now, she looks much, much better, happier too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I'll have to re-watch it I guess? I suppose I didn't take it to be that serious tbh. I clearly misunderstood the relationship she must have had with new-Team 4 at the time. I knew she was like a great senpai to them and all, but i didn't realize she got really close to be called a friend.

Also, really interesting tidbit about Miki singing Miichan's song. I didn't watch that stage so I missed it, but I might have to look for it now.

11. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    This is unrelated to the topic of Miki-chan, but I finally watched Tano Yuka's first lead-role movie today and her nickname in the movie was Miichan (Miyu), and she also centered Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru in that movie. Despite the fact that SgJwS doesn't have a Miichan center, I somehow always connect the song to her so both of those instances reminded me of Minami while watching the movie.

12. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, we have confirmation ... it is Kojima Haruna, as Celin said, THE Kojima or maybe better put, La Kojima ;)
    DcLkwMsVMAEvrtv.jpg

I found out yesterday that 'Watashi wa Watashi' was Miki-chan's favorite AKB 48 song.

it's kinda amazing it scored 16th place on the AKB48 Request Hour Setlist Best 1035 2015 (not that it featured in any other set list, but still)

p.s.. I checked out miki-chan's instagram .... that girls is seriously fond of food :) (but otoh, it seems Japanese people in general are seriously fond of food, judging by the amount of foodp*rn on Japanese tv :D )

As far as I can remember Miichan only centered one undergirls' B-side, the one with the laser lights and the plastic skirts, Densetsu no Sakana :/ ... ow wait, I just checked ... it's two, damn, now I have to look for the MV of Mata Anata no Koto wo Kangaeteta, if there was one
    :).

• Like Like x 1
  13. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I didn't know Miichan centered that song, but there isn't a MV for it because it's on the theatre edition. Those songs never get MV's, unfortunately :/ And the other one was fan-voted lol

That's probably kinda the reason why I like No3b so much, because Miichan has solo songs on their CDs/albums

14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I've seen the live 'a cappella' theatre version, it was amongst the videos in the Facebook group (of with most have disappeared unfortunately) it almost sounds as if it was especially written with her voice in mind

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Within the group (theater, b-sides), she has centered a whooping 3 songs in her entire career (Gyakuten Oujisama, Densetsu no Sakana, Mata Anata no Koto wo Kangaeteta). Shaku no Hoshii is a special case that never got released for real until no3b spared a place for it and I'm not even sure if thats a Miichan center. 3 solos in no3b, doe. Sayonara ni Kizuite, Hanbunk, Watashi wa Watashi. I still feel like it's such a small library to call hers... That's why fans have it easier to channel their efforts into just one lol orz

16. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    wow she really didn't center much in her career. I know Kojiharu waited forever to center an A-side, but like Miichan never got to even do that once lol. I guess after her scandal it was never gonna happen. I'm not even sure she will center her grad single tbh. I can see her not getting it, but a B-side-graduation song. A little unfortunate I totally thought she nailed Densetsu no Sakana as a center.

17. Santikun

Santikun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    [​IMG]

I could not see Mikichan's graduation concert, but I could download it.
    I uploaded it to google drive "Watashi wa Watashi" a duet with Miichan.
    I used the subtitles of this same site:
    http://stage48.net/studio48/watashiwawatashi.html
    and I also added another subtitle in Spanish.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q_kE_y_NpviJivHKvsYq1u5VIe9tOCh9/view

It was a very emotional moment, I miss Nishino a lot

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Bij re-reading the lyrics I realised that I can understand why Miki-chan could identify with Watashi wa Watashi, she must have keenly felt the pressure of her peers and friends moving forward (Okada Nana and Kojima Mako), the three of them being the designated aces for their generation, while she was flagging in the election.
    And Miichan of course had been through all that as well, being zo close to Kami-7 ... but on the other hand so far away.

It must be so hard to see others soar while you are trying your damnest.

like being picked last for dodgeball, only a hundred times worse :/
    (ok ... phys ed, yeah it's a childhood trauma of sorts :/ )

Frankly, I don't think her scandal has al that much to do with it, how ever much I like Miichan ... she never was top-tier, even before her scandal she just barely managed to stay in the senbatsu (not that isn't a accomplishment btw)
    If we look at the members who got a grandiose send of ... they were all top-7 level members ...

otoh - given the fact that she's the only first gen left standing and her contribution as Team 4 captain ... I think she has earned a good send off, if and when she decides to call it quits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Hard to say because the wiki doesn't offer much information about it. I doubt it's a Miichan center though... If they even had a center, I would think it was Takajo Aki as she was the most popular member out of that unit (at least according to SSK).

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    True. I guess we just never will know if she would have gotten more popular or maybe be in like Rie's position if the scandal never happened. She did drop out of senbatsu and got demoted and it was a big deal. I'm glad she's way better now and Team 4 really helped her, but I wonder if her idol life would have been more uphill if it never happened. I guess we'll never know lol. Sympathy didn't really seem to work to revitalize her rankings. Honestly it really only ever worked for Dasu. Akicha never got back into senbatsu (albeit, no scandal, but just lack of popularity).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1