MNL48 (MaNiLa48) rumours discussion

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by YJSN_ParuYuko, Sep 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

I roll my eyes and figure that some people are getting their prescient information from 2ch.

2. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    It's actually quite crazy tbh.

When JKT was first mentioned, I thought "No way a group can be successful in Indonesia, the culture is too different there, bad idea!!!"
    When SNH was first mentioned, I thought "No way a group can be successful in China, there's bad blood between the two nations!!!"

And then... SNH is picking up steam everyday, and JKT is by far, the biggest girl pop group in Indonesia.

Maybe... Just maybe... The marketer actually know more about this than we do?

Quite frankly, if the 3 group propolsal were presented in front of me before the creation of any of them... I would've bet money on Manila having the best chance to succeed.

3. Javen

Javen Kenkyuusei

ummm there was already a huge built in jpop fanbase in Indonesia....Indonesia is really crazy for Japan even before JKT48

SNH is gonna profit even if most of china dont like them....just capturing 1% of chinese interest is money in the bank

Philippines has somewhat a history with Japan....so its not like filipinos dont know anything about Japan
    Alot of negative and positive things tie up with Japan for most filipinos...while in Indonesia everything about Japan was positive for them
    Its just that AKB style does not fit well with most filipinos.
    Filipinos love the polished, proffesional singer....if you cant sing good...nobody is going to pay attention to you
    Filipinos can deal with the cute...but only in small moderation like in Kpop

4. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I agree with @Javen. filipinos love the western culture and it seems kpop is the only asian culture that really trends in there. I know they love anime and such. but when it comes to music. not so much. like I've said before. I think it's best to introduce the main group first. before making their own group in the PH. imo, if they debuted in the PH. it will be like they debuted on America. because their taste on pretty much everything is the same.

5. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Hold on, you're telling me Filipinos also loves Justin Bieber, One Direction, Taylor Swift, Kardashians and such?

• Like Like x 1
  6. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Yes. And Air Supply.

My tastes, however, run to 90s rock.

7. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Yes.

In some ways, you can say that we're one of the "least Asian" Asians; we're heavily influenced by the west.

8. Yukirin9

Yukirin9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Seeing the live at the CoolJapanFestival, has anybody changed their opinion?
    The fans were really warm, caring and fun while non-fans were also drawn in by the atmosphere alone.
    Of course there were some negatives as well.
    What do you guys think?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    I was there front seat. But was alone. Met someone so we enjoyed. Noticed that there was a group. Hoping to join with them tomorrow. Also met someone who looks like yagami kumi.. Will ask her out tomorrow.

10. luccivalez

luccivalez Kenkyuusei

You're so lucky guys. Btw how many songs did they perform and what are those songs?

11. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    4. Aitakatta
    kibouteku refrain
    Iiwake maybe
    Their own song
    Koi suru fortune cookie

12. Yukirin9

Yukirin9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    You forgot Ponytail to Shushu

Setlist
    01 Aitakatta
    02 Kibouteki Refrain
    MC1
    03 Iiwake Maybe
    04 Ponytail to Shushu
    MC2
    05 Seifuku no Hane
    06 KFC
    END

13. luccivalez

luccivalez Kenkyuusei

^nice setlist! Hopefully they'll perform another songs for tommorow. How was the festival? Was it jampack? And do you think team 8 enjoyed their stay here?

14. celyn

celyn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miichan
    AKB48 Team 8 was in Showtime earlier:

if the video does not show watch the video here

15. Wasute

Wasute Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    yeah this is right.
    I've watched it. I've been watching it not in the front seat but on the second floor for me to watch the movement of people going into the mall.
    when the local idol kawaii5 sing their songs and do their gags, there are fans for them calling and cheering for them, especially calling themselves the ambassadors for "Amachan" drama. next is with the new idol group from japan "Akashibu project" which became a backup singer and dancer for alodia(this sucks and totally harsh) even people doesn't care enough.

The when team 8 was announced people where intrigued and watched. many people starting to get interest and stop by the activity center. When KFC was sang, It'e like poeple walking there stopped look for a second, a minute and even the activity in the second floor by a mineral water was stopped and team 8 was being watched by the people going. When the song ended, people started to move again. If that is the "aura" they always saying in their documentary, that really is fascinating. But if it just a part, that's exciting.

Since I'm also a filipino, filipinos were somewhat a judgemental people in some ways(even we cant sing properly we tend to criticize people who sing). And I also think you are right, but isn't it the concept "idols that you can meet everyday" was somewhat a non mainstream? which I think the non-mainstream is somewhat what the filipinos wanted to see.

This is somewhat a test I believe that If team 8 would let akb48 gain more filipino fans, I think the theatre in the philippines would be awesome.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  16. mincl17

mincl17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Nope, it was not Ponytail, its Everyday Kachusa...

In was not really jampack because the guards are controlling the people who can enter the area, although when it was Team 8s turn, lots of people watched from the different floors of the malls for a while. Team 8 seems to enjoy their stay since they saw how warm they are welcomed by the filipino fans. I thought i was the only one who knows akb in my city, i guess i was wrong... :^^;:

17. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    I seriously wanna cry for not attending the festival... :(:(

18. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    They did not perform 47 no suteki no machi ne :( awww

19. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I am less than 15 minutes away from the venue by bus so I find it difficult not to attend.[hehe]

I arrived at around 11 AM witnessing some of the formal programs with the what seems to be executives or managers of Cool Japan or HaloHalo Inc taking their turns with speeches and presentations. Well, I am obliged to wander around than burn myself at this mundane program.

By 12:30 PM I decided to wait in the 2nd floor overlooking the stage with the lighting obscuring the upper corner of the screen. The program starts at 2 PM with Hello Kitty inviting viewers for selfies. It was followed by Tokoro Taiku on drums. Then, Kawaii5 was called on stage and performed the tagalized version of Koyomi no Ue dewa December. However, I am uncertain if it really was as I did not listen closely. There was another song I cannot recall. They also did Janken AKBingo style with helmet and hammer, I have no idea what they called that.

Then we got Akishibu Project singing Eternal Blue ~Kimi to Boku to Sora to Umi~. They look great in their light blue uniform but they cut it short in the MC program with the girls only able to introduce themselves nothing much. Alodia Gosiengfiao was called next dressed in Hatsune Miku cosplay, which I would argue to be Little Red Riding Hood, and Akishibu Project stepping back. Alodia then perform her song KAWAII GIRL with Akishibu Project performing as backup dancer. Then, a short break, around 15 minutes maybe.

Team 8 then appeared with a loud crowd cheering and they performed the setlist above. There was not much MC and the translator was almost decorative. Hamamatsu Riona did awesome with straight English to the delight of the crowd and our Nihongo-witless MC, she earlier greet with Ni Hao, and my eyebrows almost connect. The MC was short with introduction and some Q & A with questions like what place in the Philippines do they like to visit and foods they like to try etc; they answered Boracay and Halo Halo, respectively. The program ended past 3:30 then I hurried to SM North to watch Spectre. It was overwhelmingly unexciting!

When I got out of the cinema by past 6 PM and arrived at the Trinoma Activity Center Team 8 was already performing Koisuru Fortune Cookie. I misjudged the start of the afternoon program thinking it will begin by 6 PM. I was dismayed by the mistake and the film I watched.:fp:

I should be able to attend tomorrow. Akishibu Project did a handshake at the end of the noon program but the line was long and discouraging. I am unsure as to what indeed transpire as I watched three lines back but I could see their faces. Maybe, I should try lining up tomorrow for a change.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  20. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    The setlist was right. One the first parr. Don't know about the 2nd part. I was not thee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.