MNL48 (MaNiLa48) rumours discussion

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by YJSN_ParuYuko, Sep 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zweimac

zweimac Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    Zweimac
    I think those two were Kawaii5 and Alodia Gosiengfiao.

I got this from Yamada Nanami's thread, good read!! http://wen48.tokyo/post/132669744951/team-8-ph-day-1
    Basically it's @tkmnwen encounter with team 8. She mentioned that the cameras were indeed for akbingo and there's a chance she might be shown in the episode.

2. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Quoting myself,
    I actually did it. However, its a regret I did not receive their flyer. I may have looked suspicious! :lol:

There was a CD signing event later on but I splurge on books earlier so it was a no go. They were interesting except for their blunders in the introduction in which its noticeable they write it down on their hands and still fumble on it.

Anyway, if Halo halo do proceed with MNL48 and the Cool Japan Mall, I hope they would also build a store to sell merchandise from other idol group. Japan is not all about AKB48.

3. EiserneJungfrau

EiserneJungfrau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    The performance was actually good. However, the show's really ruined with that f'd host who is a noob in Jap. She seriously sounded like an h*ntai vice actress to be honest. She sound so annoying, seriously. But still, I never had that much fun before, Nanamin and Odaeri noticed me, lol. I was screaming their names to look at me. LOL. Btw, I have videos of the performances in the first day. You can check it on my FB Page (link's on my sig.) THAT F'N HOST IS STILL ANNOYING. I have the Introduction Video, Iiwake Maybe and PonyShushu perf, Seifuku no Hane and KFC perf. I don't have the Aitakatta and Kibouteki perf 'cuz I was taking pics. :v I only attended the first day tho.

In their "It's Showtime" live, I figured out that this will be the easiest way for me to see them, 'cuz I have friends who have connections on the said network, but I can't just stop worrying about them as I, my sis and her friend is on the way to Trinoma because of some things that happened to my class when we watched live on their studio. One of the hosts of the program had his/her(because he's gay, I don't know how I'll address him) hair messed by my classmate and one of the show's staffs taught that my classmate gave the host a strong tap on the head, so then he began cussing me and my seatmates, even my classmates. He absolutely got a bad attitude, and he's also gay. So I was worrying that the "It's Showtime" Staff may bad mouth or even talk sh*t about them, or even hurt them. Y'know, he might get enraged since the girls aren't used to the staffs in the Philippines.

I'm still in awe with Anne Curtis(the host who had a handshake session with them during the interview part), the girls where like being ignored that time and there she is, greeting each member "Ohayo Gozaimasu" with handshakes, tho she's obviously wrong with the greeting since it's afternoon already.

Anyways, the team 8's "It's Showtime" performance dragged a little trouble by the way. Bandwagon fans all over, someone calling them fake members(this girl's obviously google searching, and only found out about the popular mems) and also saying that they're only doing dance covers, someone calling them and the team 4 "lowest" or "unpopular" while saying that teams A and K are the only ones who participate in international tours, and the management only selecting the popular members, and people saying that the team 8 is not a part of AKB and addresses them as "SKE48", lastly, people making their own theories about AKB and stuff, like saying China's SNH48 and Indonesia's JKT48 only copied AKB( I lol'd at this, really).

:v it's too long. LOL.

4. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    soul.assassin
    my friend said those local group was cringe-worthy LOL!!!

zweimac
    thanks for the info! I can't wait to watch whatever recordings AKS will broadcast for the Team 8 PH visit.

EiserneJungfrau
    I've watched their Showtime performance. oh, wow. that didn't really look good. I actually thought the girls would cry or trying hard not to cry. good thing, the filipino fans have redeemed the AKB48 PH fandom on the Cool Japan Festival. AKS should be more cautious on noontime tv appearances. the girls have positive feedback on the pinoy fans on their 7gogo accounts :D

hopefully, the Pinoy fans could get a shoutout from Team 8 and the whole 48G if possible.

5. vi1123

vi1123 Kenkyuusei

I think this is possible! I would love to see new overseas girgroup Back then, indonesia also get the kpop virus when jkt48 formed but it turned out pretty well!! So I hope everything will be successful (if) MNL48 formed

Sent from my SM-E500H using Tapatalk

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Not related to AKB but...

This must be one of the most ignorant/disrespectful things I've read here. :fp:

7. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    From everyone's reaction here about the local group, I could only say that I now have strong doubts about a localized MNL48 from ever happening here.

I appreciate that Team 8 has come here and while some may show some displeasure to the local group, they still need our support. I hope that the tradespeople, if some of them are observing people as well for some market observation, would think long and hard in their decisions.

(I personality find their routines as trying too hard but overall, the local group isn't all that bad. I just hope they pick their media execs and handlers carefully in the future.)

@Trinu, the show that Team 8 performed into is headlined by a famous LGBT personality who is known for bringing in stand-up comedy only routines to a live noontime TV show, much to the chagrin of some people who find that kind of comedy unpleasant (though it raked in the ratings, not until a couple from a rival station gave them a run for their money.) Also, some people here perceive gays to be bombastic, which while it's their way of showing warmth, friendliness and camaraderie, might be thought of as callous and insensitive to some people, especially for some who value their private space.

8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

@ooioo it has nothing to do with that.
    My comment was towards the "he's gay, so I don't know how to refer to him" bit.
    Being gay doesn't equal being less masculine, so there's no reason why you/he can't refer to him as he/his.

Again, nothing to do with AKB, but c'mon... it's 2015.

9. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    I lost my voice on two days. Definitly had fun. I think I was the only stage48 guy. All others are from mocchi... But I'm glad I'm in the 2nd row for two days. Also net aoiki!!! Lol.. Got a new oshimen..
    Shiori and pena...

10. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Someone commented earlier that a better gauge if MNL48 will do well in the Philippines is to look at Kawaii5 than Team 8, both guests in the event. With this, it's obvious that the people who went to the event were there for Team8, though to be fair, casuals/passersby/mall goers seemed to be ok and enjoyed kawaii5 a bit. When I think about it, MNL48 has a chance to be sustainable, specially if subsidized by the supposed mall earnings. Although, it is likely that the would-be fans of MNL48 will NOT be current AKB48 fans. So pretty much like what I heard about JKT fans being not necessarily AKB fans, and Indonesia AKB fans not automatically being JKT fans.

On a side-note and OT, Alodia may not be liked by SOME members of the local cosplay community (understandable considering she's the FIRST cosplay celebrity in the country, so it goes to say having haters), she's a good "ambassador" of anime, cosplay, and generally "geeky" stuff to the non-geek general public.

11. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

OT: I don't mind the host, as long as she got herself briefed on the basics, including an understanding on Japanese sensibilities, although at one point she kind of disallowed Riona from speaking.

Ontopic:

Well, by the time they go home tomorrow and the staff to report back to AKS top brass on Tuesday, I think we actually generated a great impression on Team 8 and the staff.

Think of greater possibilities.

I think we're ready for more.

12. fundamental

fundamental Kenkyuusei

On this thread alone you can easily spot an AKB48 Philippino fan that isn't the fan of MNL48.

13. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

Anne's greeting isn't entirely incorrect. In formal occasions or in some situations you can greet Ohayo Gozaimasu even if it is late in the afternoon.

Anyway, about your last paragraph, that's so typical of so many of our countrymen who like to comment on stuff they barely even know. Obviously, they did not know how the whole group is structured, and that they don't really send a specific team out on overseas events. They won't know that Team 8 is built upon the concept of idols coming to meet their fans and they, out of all the 48 Groups, would know how to handle relatively small events since they do it pretty regularly.

Poker-faced is more like it. Except maybe Riona who understood at least some of what was being said. I'd like to think that the Showtime gig was done at the last minute and the staff - who likely did not know how the show's host actually do their thing - obliged. But hey, I'm sure whatever negative feelings they may have felt, the fans took it away with those cheers.

It's not just him. I'd estimate that the feeling is 60-40 or even 70-30 against MNL48 among the local fans. But again, that's to be expected. And besides, there wasn't any mention of MNL48 at all in the festival. It was probably in the flyers that the theater is even mentioned, but no announcement means nothing is forthcoming at least until the end of the year.

14. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    I was talking with a friend yesterday during the performance.. We thought that a kenninship might help the local group grow. But I'm more concerned that the kenin will be absorbed to the bad culture she'll have to endure.

15. zweimac

zweimac Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    Zweimac
    To be honest, a lot of people weren't informed that they would be performing in It's Show Time plus the fact that everyone was heading for the cool japan event, so obviously the only ones who were in the audience in that noontime show were clueless non-fans.
    Still for me, it was so cringe-worthy seeing that none of the audience were doing the mix and responding to the members' call cause they either didn't know anything about audience participation and couldn't understand japanese.

16. dunkindonato

^
    It's actually both. We can't expect ordinary folks to be knowledgeable enough about Japanese idol culture to know there's actually audience participation involved.

• Like Like x 1
  17. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Judging from my observations in the two days during the event, I can't name names, but I'm suspecting that a television station (which is part of a massive family-owned corporation) has its CEO letting out feelers that they're entertaining the idea of setting up a franchise.

Which seems why there's no mention of MNL48 in the event, except for some published materials, and the whole scheme is still up in the air, ready for grabs.

18. dunkindonato

^ Interesting. I don't know how I should feel about this. I guess it depends on how they will market, what their track record is in marketing, and if they're willing to keep the "Japanese" feel of it.

19. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Me, they can't simply set up the franchise and throw money at it without first studying the system carefully and getting proper input from those in the know; the mini-concerts were a litmus test to see if the "idol magic" would work in a local setting, as they're stepping into uncharted territory.

20. EiserneJungfrau

EiserneJungfrau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    off topic: @Trinu sorry for being a bit rude on my comment. I apologize. Well, I got my reasons why I don't know how to address them, and those are confidential. Sorry, I won't do it again.

Back to the main topic, the notice about them going to perform in showtime was kinda late, and the venue, Trinoma is abit afar from the tv station, and because it's the Philippines, heavy traffic is expected, and because a kpop artist's concert is also due that day, November 7, so heavy traffic there is. I was actually planning to go since the tv station's only a few rides from my school, and watching It's Showtime is free as long as you are from the studio tours. Since the other people would want to watch all of their performance, they chose to go to the Cool Japan Fest rather than watching their perf. on showtime, since the other fans would be recording it anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.