MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angelkinetic

angelkinetic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    I am also not fan of Eunice as the center.... maybe because of their performance where it feels like other girls become her back up dancers... when she is the center its like "eunice and the other girls" group... (I hope this is not what HHE wants...)

but yes eunice totally has talent and attitude... but being the center of the group.... maybe no... maybe general manager yes(but I want Ash for general manager :cute:)

2. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Individually, maybe, probably Eunice in talent is in a different level.

I still believe Eunice needs a rival.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  3. angelkinetic

angelkinetic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    What I think of eunice or when I see her as the center....She is like Okabe Ai in akb49 manga...:D

4. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

Ain't that the truth.

The results of the voting is in no way indicative of how HHE will choose its front girls. Obviously being the lead vote getter means something. But even if a girl succeeds being number one and gets to be the groups's first center, that's not the end of it especially when handshake numbers and merchandise sales come into the equation. Being an idol isn't just about the songs, after all.

The 48 Group is full of "next generation aces" and "second comings" and "post-Maeda or post-Yuko (or post-this or that)" that went nowhere.

5. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

I really have to google who she is. hahaha!!

6. xdrawrxd

xdrawrxd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Was she the one who single handedly dominated theater stage performances while the 2 protagonists were performing with other sister groups?

Other/most people in fb, who are just starting to support MNL/48G, don't know much yet which is why there is so much chaos over there. It is also not helping that Eunice seems to be backed by mgmt. This info seems to irritate others more than normal.

I don't care much about any of the aspirants for now (aside from Aria since I know her personally). I want them to properly debut before I pick an oshimen haha. But I do love the drama between the fans. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2018
  7. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

I don't know. Maybe Sheki or Abby? Or even Sayaka?

Division of MNL48 stans are evident as well. The knowledgeable (a bit) WOTAs or Weebs vs the normie fans with no clear knowledge about 48G.

8. dunkindonato

I wouldn't call Eunice the favorite of the management because ABS-CBN isn't MNL48's management. That would be HHE. She's the favorite of ABS-CBN who is currently running the audition for HHE.

To be honest, I have a feeling that the audition is starting to de-emphasize the Top 10 because it's basically the same faces every week. Being part of that group means immunity though, so it's important in that way. Right now, the Top 10 is still announced but it's the highlighted girls who gets to perform. The Top 10 wasn't even announced last week and I hope it stays that way because there isn't really any change in who is there.

The whole gamut of human emotions: joy, sadness, fear, anger, outrage, misery, hopelessness, optimism.

9. xdrawrxd

xdrawrxd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Ohhhhhh I see. Though in terms of height difference, Sheki vs Eunice is kinda... Hmm... I dunno how to describe it.

Even wotas and weebs are divided, but normies do have a common tendency which is to go for the pretty faces, or the ones they know personally, or the closest one to a finished product a.k.a. Eunice. Again, Filipinos love the idea of perfection so seeing a performance anything less than perfect is cringey (unless of course they gave others a chance, then that is a different scenario).

10. dunkindonato

You also have to consider that many of the wotas have personal connections with the candidates (both current and former), and their elimination (or disqualification) likely hurt a lot of feelings. The local fandom isn't really a big community and a lot of them are members of multiple fan groups making it really difficult to gauge their actual numbers. That's why with the negative comments, you either see the usual names or the username has Japanese elements in it.

11. xdrawrxd

xdrawrxd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Well, true. Which is why I hate the audition process that we currently have because it is making people attached to girls who will eventually not make it into the group, which leads to hate coming from the fans of said girls.
    If our audition process was the same with any other SG, we will not have this much chaos, I think. The girls will have been selected already and be presented to us as the 1st gen. But no, the mgmt trolls us instead with this ridiculous and lengthy joke they call an audition.

12. dunkindonato

If the audition was done the same way as the others, no one would have taken notice and the girls would be performing to half-empty venues. With all the might and reach of ABS-CBN, this still hasn't hit main-stream. Imagine if HHE just went ahead with the low-key selection. They would be known to us....but just us. They appeal to us because we know the culture, we know the background and we already follow all things 48/46, but they will remain unknown to most people.

But trying to reach out to as many people as you can opens up a lot of opportunities for this program. Even though people won't quickly warm up to the idea, the important thing is that you throw the concept out into the sea so that somehow, someday, people will check it out.

This audition is a lot more complex than just "management wants to troll us". There are things that happened behind the scenes that are known only to a select few, and fewer still actually know what's going on. Why did HHE release the app in December of 2016? Why is the audition now being said to have started just last year? Why did HHE choose to appeal to the wider audience instead of pleasing an established fan-base? And, most importantly, why did AKS agree to all these changes to the format that the fans seem to hold sacred?

The management does have a lot of areas for improvement. But I don't believe trolling us is one of them. They were just forced into a position that we didn't agree with and have to work with the situation they found themselves in.

13. angelkinetic

angelkinetic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    yeah. this is also true. this is also what I wished for. I think the said theatre also has a weight for the reason of the lengthy audition. I just read in a magazine given to me in a japanese restaurant that the group is said to perform weekly in a place that is being built in makati

14. dunkindonato

MNL48 is set to perform on three sites. Their main theater, the Vertis North venue (Japan Town), and Glorietta (something like Japan Town but I'm not sure of the name).

15. angelkinetic

angelkinetic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    yeah the one in glorietta was the one that i've read.

16. xdrawrxd

xdrawrxd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Ooooh I never thought of it that way. Thank you for this insight! I guess I got impatient coz I want a final 1st gen already hahaha. Again, thank you for this insight. :chuffed:

But why does it say "Eton Centris" in MNL48's S48 page?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2018
  17. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Is this one of the reason 1st gen have a lot of members because they'll perform in 3 sites?

18. robinrider

robinrider Kenkyuusei

Team MII, Team NIV, Team L with different theaters?

19. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    ^
    I dont think so i bet they'll perform in rotation, and any other akb stages.

20. lizpie014

lizpie014 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kaede Ishiyama
    Twitter:
    lizzyneechan14
    Maybe the Eton Centris will be the location of the MNL48 Theater. :chuffed:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.