Single NMB48 16th [Boku Igai no Dareka] (2016/12/28)

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Mey

Mey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibuyanagisa
    I don't know but when I watched the mv it's like sayanee was searching for someone that can hold her mic

2. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

Here I am the only one who doesn't see any references of graduation :p

3. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    The idea that this single could even be Sayaka's graduation single didn't even came to mind once lol. Just couple months ago she said she honestly hasn't been thinking about graduation during her solo album release. Also knowing Sayaka, I think she knows this is not the right timing to leave although 2017 will prolli be her last yr as a NMB member. Also without watching the mv I thought the lyrics and the single title were already obvious enough in talking about finding someone else to hold the reins. I mean come on, if you think about how the center of this single was even picked loll.

As for the single itself, I personally would love to see a dance ver just for the choreo. I hated the rap part in the beginning to be honest, even now after multiple hears I still don't like it. Rapping in Japanese is already kind of weird from how their language pronunciation works, let alone the fact that most of these girls can't rap. I feel like half the reason y ppl think the rap part is very bland is mostly because the girls just mumble through the words. The text font they used for the single title is pretty decent this time, so I'm hoping they pump out some decent covers unlike the ones we been getting this year - -''

4. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    The lyric could be related with the PV as well.. (Although I haven't read carefully what it says in a big picture :p )

To me, it's another Sayaka-fest. Why you made such PV, management? I don't hate her (of course)..

I hope this is the way management says: "If you want to make NMB success without Sayanee, work harder! If not, you'll see 100 more PVs like this!"
    *signaling the concert back then, when Sayanee decided to be the center*

5. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    This is NMB's Manatsu no Sounds Good!

Yoshimoto didn't have the guts to make Aayan's the center.

6. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    I'm really still not big on the song though I do like the visuals of the PV *_*
    Sayaka is totally slaying it <3 <3

But what amuses me is that management basically just have this PV accentuating why Sayaka is leagues above the rest in presence, star power and skills XD

I mean I understand the message of the song about finding a person or people Sayaka can pass the baton to, but I am not sure if this kind of PV would help with the process at all. I don't mean to put down the other girls, but at this rate at the moment, I don't think any of them can match Sayaka in terms of being the all rounder performer she is.

It's like the message of the song is there, but the PV itself seems to be creating an opposite effect. It feels kinda ironic tbh.

What I think they should be doing is focusing more on the strengths of the other members individually rather than always drawing back on all the things Sayaka is good at if that makes sense. I know it's easier said than done, and I know people have said it time and again, but NMB has gone down the road too long on having singles revolving on what Sayaka can do. It was great initially because Sayaka's very versatile; and they could do a variety of things with her as the center, but let's be real. Not everyone can do what Sayaka does.

It's about time they changed to cater to the talents and skillsets of other members. For example, with NMB's current pool of young, fresh members and also naturally cute members (Nagisa, Shu, Miru, Aayan etc), I would have expected them to pull off a cute, fresh song (NMB hasn't had one this year after all) rather than this super try-hard badass song.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    The rapping is ridiculous, I'm not sure how to even justify it. Even as odd as Japanese sounds with rapping, there's enough Japanese hip hop out there that's more than listenable to really good to know that this is just silly. It's a pretty decent song even with that though, but what can you do.

However, what's truly important at this point is getting the full version so we can see more of Rinacchi:cute:!!

8. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Yeh the rap is bad and they have to make it worse using a really low key

9. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    I'm definitely not getting grad vibes from the video, and considering the circumstances surrounding this single (would've been centered by a new-gen if tickets sold out) it seems even less likely that Sayanee graduation is imminent (we probably have a solid year until she announces grad.)
    Or maybe I'm way off and she'll grad soon. lol

I divided the MV into groups:

Group 1 (left to right):
    Jo Eriko (N), Uemura Azusa (M), Kawakami Chihiro (BII), Yamamoto Ayaka (KKS), Naiki Kokoro (BII), Sutou Ririka (N), Ota Yuuri (N)
    Group 2:
    Tanigawa Airi (M), Yoshida Akari (N), Kushiro Rina (M), Okita Ayaka (M), Murase Sae (M), Fujie Reina (M), Jonishi Kei (N)
    Group 3 (order unknown, the three girls dancing in the water)
    Shiroma Miru (M), Yagura Fuuko (M)
    The third person in the water could be Uuka, because she's not in any other group. My guess is that its Sayanee. It could even be Ayaka tho...

Probably Group 4:
    Shibuya Nagisa (BII), Yabushita Shu (BII), Kato Yuuka (N)
    Obviously if Uuka was the third girl in group three, she wouldn't be in this group

10. Anni48

Anni48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    If you look at the video Shu posted on her instagram I'm pretty sure it's Miru, Uuka, Nagisa, Shu and Fuuko. They're all in one group I guess
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BNlkGx0hr3N/

11. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Not liking the rap either, and it looks to much like a cage fight in the short ver.

To much negative for me, I prefer positive energie... no sale.

12. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    @oji-sama You know u guys can just watch the full version from LOD recordings? lol. It's not good quality, but you see what the whole mv was about lol. No need to speculate

13. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    That ending seems like Sayaka is passing the reign on to another girl by having them all do a dance battle against her and now a singing battle(microphone).

14. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Yamamoto Ayaka...that girl definitely has a future~
    As for the MV it's meh overall...didn't hate it or loved it.

15. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    Haha my bad. Didn't even bother to do that before I wrote my post lol

That makes much more sense than Shu/Nagisa/Uuka having their own group. I was surprised when [I thought that] they did.

16. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    the song is just meh. definitely nowhere near the badass concept such as must be now, don't look back, and punkish.
    but sayanee is cool as usual, I'd take that at least lol

17. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I like the song. BUT I believe the song was given to the wrong group/senbatsu selection members. This song would be much better if it was sung by older members or groups like E-Girls (more mature)

18. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    Older members? Half the senbatsu is 19+ years old and all the other NMB members who are older never make senbatsu anyways.

I don't think the song is great, but I find it enjoyable. I really like the way the MV was shot and can't wait to see the dance and other version that was filmed.

19. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
    ^
    ^

But NMB is the best group at dance and the most matured group in 48G now right. [hehe]

20. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    the fixed camera viewpoint looks pretty cool and i can't wait to get hype to this song at a concert

if the video does not show watch the video here

i don't think the rap is that bad, but that's because the first time i heard it it reminded me of persona 3/4 and i thought the rapping in those games was nonsensical and awful but then i started to like it