Single NMB48 26th single [Koi to Ai to Sono Aida ni wa] - (2022/02/23)

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Izzi46

Izzi46 Kenkyuusei

I'm new to this but why are some people against double center?
    I've seen complaints about it here and on Twitter from International and Japanese fans alike.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  2. Matto

Matto Member

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    It's seen as too "safe." We're in a brave new world with no more first gens to hold back the group's progress, so management should embrace the ace they got and give her the full push and support she needs to move the group forward. Also it seems like a rehash of Datte Datte Datte which was also intended to kick off the new era of NMB with double centers.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    Except Nagisa, who is more popular nowadays in the public eyes more than 557? Depending on SNS followers, Rei? (she's also double center), Mikanyan? (too risk, what if Bunshun catch her again), Yuzu? (Our new gravure queen but it's her 1st time and her handshake is out of top 20 but yeah maybe she can rise as strong as Sumire did but that is for the future)
    557 is the best handshake seller in NMB48 now (consider the sold out slot in the 1st round), 48group centers are all about handshake sales, not SNS followers. Talking about handshake (thanks to @sc89 data), the one who closest to Rei, 557, Nagi, Cap is new team N captain Sadano Haruka but she is not very popular with public eyes so why should they choose her instead of the one who is considered upcoming ACE for 2 years.

Because it's too safe and bland at least for me. I'm expecting Cocona solo center or if they want a WCenter then my pick is Keito & Cocona. I know Rei has tried really hard last year especially after Aayan's graduation and she deserve this spot but for me her image is somewhat similar with 557. Keito is very young (16 years old), dance sharply, good handshake result, lots of energy onstage and new to the public. She sometimes reminds me of Aayan onstage. UmeYamamoto was the best combination in 48group New gen in my opinion, sadly Aayan graduated too soon. NMB48 now after all 1st gen graduated, new gen ACE graduated needs something "boom" that can raise public's interest to start their new era.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Oh I was actually excited for a Nagisa center A-side, but yea seems like that song was a B-side. Weird they promoted it like that, but whatever.

I do agree W-center is too safe for what NMB and overall what 48-group needs. But it is what it is. I look forward to the song though and hope NMB brings a banger. I like Cocona though so I'm happy to see her center something lol.

5. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

I really wanted the song to be Nagisa's

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    Hell yeah I'm still waiting for a Cocona only center single.

And as for Nagisa, I think she will definitely get one for her graduation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. worminglads

worminglads Kenkyuusei Studio48 Contributor

Happy for Rei's first center position! And I guess Minami Haasa isn't as safe as a regular senbatsu member yet :^^;:

Though 15 members? That's an unusual number.

---
    I hope that she'll get one before her graduation one.

8. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    5-5-7 read co-co-na + keito would have been nice double. but rei is a legacy member thanks to less-big sis kei.

mikana not a serious center candidate. she a legendary beauty (watch all the 8th gens head follow mikana as she walks to the stage to join her new team) but her onstage performance is locked at the Kato and Iriyama level of 40-60% effort. mikana also lacks the "gravure" body.

a bombshell double-double would have been hongo/ Abe
    hongo is a real idol talent with voice, body, guitar threat just needs the comedic timing of sayanee (sayanee also dance senbatsu. what a legend, but it's not about finding the next sayanee, so sorry for the comparison) . I don't know if hongo wants to be a comedian, but her draftee video shows how creative she is. has a draftee ever been a serious A-side center candidate?

Yes. to answer my own question
    yahagi moeka AKB48 -quit
    sutou ririka NMB48 -married
    Matsuoka Hana HKT48 -little idol that could
    Ogino Yuka NGT48 -supernova that went black hole
    Fujisaki Miyu NGT48 -who? I bought this single but couldn't participate in online handshake because the LINE live room for meetings was region-locked and needed japanese phone number to register. iirc

why does it still seem like a long shot? tho imo nishikawa Rei is a would have been a strong center candidate for akb48 future single (if they were to release more than 1 per year)

1 more question, how does everyone feel about buying compact discs (introduced 40 yrs ago in Japan and the pinnacle of 1991 technology) in the year 2022?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  9. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    I think you never watched NMB concerts or stages. :whistle: She is not sporty but she is a good perfomer and ger acting is also great, well she isn't good always especialy with cute concept [hehe]. Her theme is being sassy! :inlove: (Tokunoma seiza - YES, Warukii - NO!). Unlike Annin and Katorena she really try to be more emotional and expressive (in real life she isn't), while the main problem of Annin and Katorena they do not try anything on stage.

10. Izzy Trinh

Oshimen:
    After the hiatus I thought staff've dropped her? It's been 2 years since Datte datte datte.

Staff do push her so much as Yamamoto the Fourth, beside Sumire. 2020 Jisedai concert, her position was higher than both Rei and Keito, although at that time her performances weren't good. With NMB48's circumstances now, if Mikanyan hadn't related to Johnny's boys, she could have been a big candidate for center position.

Totally agree. Her performance especially from Nambattle is so actractive. She centered lots of song in WIN-C performace, at that time I thought she would be the candidate for the position Aayan left back but yeah everybody knows what happened next.
    If anyone doesn't believe, watch this 11th anniversary concert highlight (from 8:53) Mikanyan centering Tokunoma seiza musume. She's also on the thumbnail, gorgeous lady.

11. ColorfulMonsters48

ColorfulMonsters48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Now we have Cocona graduation... I really hate it. New centers graduate so fast...

12. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    :wall: Again... another Sotsugyo-single.... it's quitly annoying... :gavel:

as I see even NMB wotas are annoyed

13. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

If it continuous like this, singles from NMB will become the pendant to PBs from Nogi members.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. worminglads

worminglads Kenkyuusei Studio48 Contributor

Oh yeah you're right, I thought I saw her name on last single's senbatsu :fp: I think I mistook her name for Momone's.

---

And now that Cocona's graduating I wonder how the single would be...

15. sc89

sc89 Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Ayaka
    Me too. I even wonder whether the centre decision was made before or after she notified management. Is it a graduation single or ... ? Usually if management in 48/46 groups want to honour a graduating member with something, depending on that member's prominence they either give a sole centre or a better-than-usual-but-not-centre position in senbatsu (+ other things like grad song, grad con). They did give one of the quadruple centre positions to Tomochin when she was going to graduate but honestly that single was just Mayuyu-Paruru double centre in disguise, so in my mind it was still just a better-than-usual position. If management knew of 557's graduation beforehand, it would be the first time they gave half a centre to a graduate and I'm curious how it's going to be like.

Unless they're actually giving an entire centre to graduates... but even that (W graduation centres) would be a first in 48/46 groups iirc?? :fear:

Though, if they're really treating this like Sayonara Crawl, I guess nothing special would happen to the A-side lol Maybe a 557 grad song and/or grad con?

16. Izzy Trinh

Oshimen:
    Cocona said that she and the management have been talking about the graduation for a while. So....... maybe management thought that if they give Cocona center position she may change her mind. Just like AKB management did with Moeka case (and both end up with graduation). 557 also said on her showroom that she didn't tell any members before today announcement.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Repeat:
    It seems to me that people clearly overestimate Cocona. She isn't that big. With 8gen NMB won't even feel her leaving.

Do not think to much.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    No, we are not overestimating her, we just love her. I know she's not as big as Sayanee (perhaps won't be) or even Mirurun (yet, since she's still so young and has a lot of potential), but she's good (and cute), management sees her as the next ace, so do I and some others here too. She's definitely one of the top NMB members right now. Her leaving is surely a blow for the group's future.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    or even Nagisa or even Uuka or even Rei or even Mikana or even Kojirin or even Yuzu or even Chihi... :chuffed: but yes mngmnt definitely love her.
    I don't hate her, I like her. She is my second favorite girl in 5gen. But I absolutely don't understand all this hysteria about her leaving, as if the NMB will disappear after she leaves, and sales will fall below 10K :yikes:

20. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    This actually shows how much you underestimate her. Yes, Nagisa is still the bigger name, Kojirin I understand her important role too, but the likes of Mikana? Yuzu? No way. I know you're Mikana oshi, thus her name comes out, and Yuzuha has never been in senbatsu until this release.