TV / Radio NMB48's Geinin!!!3 (07/05/2014 START)

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by Smilodon, Jun 21, 2014.

1. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

More jokes, more members, less scripted scenes = win. Too bad Maachun is no longer around.

2. tonylow

tonylow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    After watching the episode a few more times to see why it did not feel right to me, the result came out to be that there are too many girls on the set. They went from something like 8 to 20. This affects the number if girls they can show for the ad-lib sections since with this many girls it is just about impossible to show all the girls. For example, even though Shu is supposed to be a part of the main cast, she did not even say a word through out the first episode.

In the previous seasons every girl at least did something for the ad-lib section of the show which i liked. I know that there were a few times that it a girl was not shown doing something for the ad-lib section but at least they hit just about every girl.

With more girls it means a lot more failures or not amazing gags/whatever they are going to be doing and that could affect the quality of the show but since the guest are really good about the retort it makes it funny. I guess I am now more worried that the quality could be in jeopardy right now. By no means that I did not like or enjoy the episode but it made me have a lot of questions about what will happen next.

3. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Something was off about the pacing since they've gotten away more and more from the setup of season one of: story -> adlib based on story -> story -> manzai to season two: story -> adlib not really connected to story -> story -> some more adlib -> manzai to now basically being just adlib sections one after the other. Without the much maligned story portions there was nothing to tie the adlib sections together.

I'm sure we'll get used to it eventually but that was my observation.

4. Maji!?

Maji!? Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie
    I think the problem here is that in the first season they were stricter about picking members who were actually funny, and Milky. ( I think Nana is funny in a sort of meta way). Having said that, it seems like the girls who are actually funny are able to pick up the slack.

5. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I'm sure the editor and the director chooses the jokes that are actually funny (probably why Jo got chosen thrice and Shuu 0 times). Its kinda cruel but with so many girls competing for time, it was the only way.

6. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    It was like that for the prior seasons too (the editing for the improv comedy session was notoriously jarring). It's just that with less girls we would be guaranteed at least one joke with everyone.

7. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Watched ep1, didnt really liked it. Its wayy too crammed and there's very little scripted parts that actually link each corner.

8. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    I think if Gotou would be alongside the guests for the episode it'd be a lot smoother and enjoyable. The guests aren't familiar with the girls at all so it kinda ends up like the lesser fun episodes of Tonkotsu. If Gotou were there he'd be able to work alongside the guests (since there's no doubt he knows/works with all of them) and things would run smoother.

Fujiwara are hilarious but throwing them with strangers is probably not the best way to go about it too.

EDIT: Arai-P tweeted out some interesting tidbits, addressing some of the concerns of the show and whatnot. They're gonna stick with the guest corner he states, which is really fine by me if they can get good guests. So far they've filmed for Peace (in which they've shot 2 corners with them actually), Sandwichman, Jungle Pocket, BKB, Nippon Elekitel Rengo, Shison and Joyman. Not really looking forward to the latter two but the aforementioned four people should be fun people. I'm really excited for Peace though. Arai said we'd have some NaniNade like parts to the show, so I think they might've actually gone out of the studio with Peace. They're also done filming up until September and with the upcoming national tour and AKB's Tokyo Dome Concert, it'll be interesting how the rest of the year pans out.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  9. wasabi

wasabi Kenkyuusei

I'm looking forward to seeing them again with Peace. They've got good chemistry since the NaniNade days so it'd be nice to relive some of that vibe again. Probably asking for too much, but if any or all of the Docking trio guys could also guest that would be terrific.

10. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Joyman was probably brought in just for the "Nanananana nanana Yamada nana" joke.

11. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Second episode was a lot better than the first one. WRH had a lot better chemistry with the girls than Fujiwara did, probably because they've worked with a bunch of them during Aruaru YY days and knows many of them now. I like Fujiwara, but Muramoto definitely knew how to work with the girls coming in and it showed a lot during the short 8 minutes we got with him and Paradise. He's a meticulous planner, so his 8 minutes with the girls seemed funnier and fuller than Fujiwara's 10 or so. Mentioning Yuipon's G+ posts, being an Airi oshi, poking fun of Sayanee, it was all really good and knowing the girls definitely makes the show a lot better.

NanaJo manzai was definitely for the fans again. Jo's grown so tall. Arai said we'll begin seeing newer combis pop up so it'll be interesting who the show tries to push forward.

I'm surprised how Saepii/Yuipon really have come forward and said some good things to avoid being cut. It's good. They're both pretty funny outside of the show too so it's nice to see the girls be funny on TV as well.

Obligatory movie promo, but I freaked when I saw Football Hour and Ayabe together. That was really cool. Can't wait for Peace next week.

The pacing is something that everyone will probably have to get used to, but after watching the first episode again, it's not that bad and feels fine. I think it's just that everyone was used to the prior format since we've had it for 2 years.

12. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    man i miss nanajo so much. that first manzai in naniwa nadeshiko was golden.

gotou looks super worn out.

glad to see sae do some work. she's really funny but she doesn't get to show it that often.

13. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    My first impression was "wow Jo's really tall" the second was "omfgh92)(")(#Y)(DHHNDOIH!I its Nanajo!!!!"

14. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Jo got really funny. It looked really hard for Nana to not laugh, that bishibashi was too good.

15. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    Jo did get really funny. In Geinin 1, I think I only laughed at her jokes because of the way she always smiled after them. Now, I just find them genuinely funny. I still can't get over that "I'm Sorry" gag :lol:

16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Episode 2 btw :)

17. wasabi

wasabi Kenkyuusei

As everyone has noticed, Jo has gotten taller. She's also gotten better with the gags and schticks as well, and you can tell she's really had that talent all along. Just returning back to NMB and to the energy of the group I think really nurtured and honed her. And it's really nice to see NanaJo again. I can't help but remember the last episode of NaniNade at the mall with her getting MVP. I hope to see more of her with the NMB elder.

Speaking of NaniNade, it's Peace next week! Umechan seems to be there as well. It looks to be another fun episode. Can't wait.

18. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Does anyone know if this series will be subbed? It would be nice too understand the jokes so im not left hanging :^^;:

19. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

Check the subbed NMB videos thread :fear:

20. Matenrou47

Matenrou47 Kenkyuusei

anyone know sub for ep 02?

Hmm, personally I think when lot of girls joining the show doing jokes or gags, it feels like they are scripted. I still remember how marvelous first season regulars (Sayanee, Milky, Ainyan, Maachun, Jo, Nana). They are so funny, and yet they have own enthusiasm in comedy world like Ainyan (hiks, graduate). Lot of girls like that really looks annoying. But, anyway we have another season and Jo finally back. I want this series at least showing who are interested in comedy path future.

Ainyan (again), in tsukkomi test in season 1 she did her part very well. Well, i hope this series don't make us seeing 'pushed members' really much. And, i looking forward to another tsukkomi test! In other word, i want to see iwao-san's boke. He's hillarious