Single Nogizaka46 20th (Synchronicity) (18/04/25)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 22, 2018.

1. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    I just hope after this single, members will have new profile photos.

2. Apple

Apple Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    And now 5 m viewers.

3. Apple

Apple Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    Yes me too. Last update when influencer.

4. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    They started updating the profile photos only once a year since 2016, right? I'm afraid they will keep doing that :(

EDIT: But I hope this years' profiles are in this single's timespan.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  5. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I listened to the single a lot this week, so it's time for a proper review of its musical contents. The 19th single set the bar very, very high. Actually, it was one of the very few releases in the past 15 years with not a single bad song. For me, that's rare, and I do listen to a lot of music. Does this mean the 20th single is doomed to be a disappointment? Let's find out!

Synchronicity
    Definitely one of the better a-sides. Still a bit on the safe side, but very enjoyable nonetheless. The song is very dynamic due to the difference between the chorus and the verses. The chorus has a very nice, driving beat and the bass adds a warmth that makes it all the more uplifting. Vocal lines, superb as well. Adventurous without losing control. I also like how they change the instrumentation later on in the song, where they perform the chorus with just some claps and an acoustic guitar. Keeps it fresh.

Against
    One of the best songs in the history of Nogi, if you ask me. This song is fantastic. I stopped counting the layers of synth, but each one adds so much richness to the song! Subtle electronics, tension building chords, solid drums... they leave no room for a breather and that's exactly how I want it! The electric guitar that pops up every now and then is a winner as well. All combined, they create a song with a sense of urgency. I am a fan of songs with a sense of urgency. This song is fantastic.

Kumo ni Nareba ii
    This song is not for me. The instrumentals are mostly supporting the vocals, so there is not much to discover in that department. And the vocals are well done, but fail to ignite a spark within me. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a well crafted song, it's just not my taste.

Atarashii Sekai
    A song with a very distinctive mood, almost movie soundtrack like. The drums are very creative, in both sound and rhythm. It makes me think of latin percussion. I also love the buildup to the chorus with the dramatic strings. Although some parts are repeated a but too much, I think the song is good overall.

Scoutman
    This song is so cool. Filthy synths, chiptune sounds, distorted vocals and unearthly drum sounds, all mixed together to create a unique soundtrack with a delicious groove. And that drop near the end is sooo sick! Love love love. Just remember to play this one with the volume to the max.

Tokitoki Mekimeki
    This one feels a bit uninspired to me. The beat stays the same for most of the song, and the same could be said about the leads and vocals as well. It makes the song repetitive, and for me, only the first part of the song (until the chorus) is somewhat interesting.

Kotodamahou
    Yeah! Great song! It has many different parts, which keeps the song interesting the whole time. I love the plinky plonky synths and chugging guitars during the verses and the chorus brightens my mood immediately. The melody of the vocals and keys are great! And I love the parts where Momoko's soft voice contrasts the slamming of the snare drum at the end of the chorus. I think this song is the most interesting vocal wise. And the bridge! Wow! The synths, bass, and vocals... and there is that guitar again, building up to the last chorus during which I can throw my fist in the air again one more time. Truly a great song.

Conclusion
    This single turned out to be great. Although it is practically impossible to beat the 19th single, I am by no means disappointed. With Against, there is one again song that will make it to my top 10, and also Kotodamahou is a song I will enjoy for a very long time. The single is well balanced and has a lot of different styles, and I think many people can find one or more songs that fit their taste.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Atarashii Sekai N46 and Asian Kung fu generation... Lyrics different...

Anyway...

7. Jedrien

Jedrien Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    blocked :(

anyways, some online shops already have the 20th available today :)

Attached Files:

9. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    The trio sing so well, but I'm most mesmerized by Misa's voice. She really should sing more solo parts.

Synchronicity with live band sounds good. The performance is also livelier than before, more smiles. Although I kinda wish they change their outfit, it has been 3 lives with the same outfit.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  10. mousou

mousou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    kubo chan!! i am proud of you ! :omfg:
    i've never seen her singing solo line before, then suddenly she sing with her senpais, i like kubo already
    and misa senpai's voice is sooooo goooddd. i even download her last showroom lol

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  11. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    I'm enjoying Utacon performance even though the camera work is a little bit mess. I always appreciate their effort with live singing. The live band is also pretty good.
    Kubo, Iku, Misa is really good. Mgmt please make a unit song with this trio!

Here some videos about unboxing CD on YouTube. I really like this kind of video. I always watch it before my CD arrives. :D

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    If ever anyone wants to know which member(s) sung which line(s), you can refer to these videos. These are for Kumo ni nareba ii and Against, I haven't found others though.

(Kumo ni nareba ii)

(Against)

13. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Ikuchan, Senpai, Captain, now insert Kubochan instead :blush: too much!!! More of this please...
    Awesome suggestion. :1st:

14. Edward900

Edward900 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    Did anyone hear some male vocals in the Utacon Synchronicity performance??
    I thought I heard some, just want to check with you all.

15. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    so far watched 2.5 /7 旅する3人 feature and it's quite refreshing seeing them in this somewhat "free, semi-scripted/controlled" recording, i like this type 'coz you get to see their personalities

WakaMaiRingo trio - the adults with high tension, i always enjoy seeing this high-tension maiyan :D
    had to stop watching this halfway though, just too shaky (intentionally and unintentionally ) recording

[​IMG]

NanaReiMacchun - somewhat subdued adult trio but still fun to watch

IkuIkoHoshi - young adults with high tension in Kyoto due to bad weather in Hakodate , when there's Iku, there's karaoke and meat LOL

16. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Release day news on Mezamashi. Gonna pick up my copies later today.

17. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. saprowling

saprowling Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    1st day sales

Attached Files:

19. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    WOW! 1st 1mln in one week may be? :^O^:

20. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Wow, already surpass ItsuDeki 1st week sales!! Way to go Nogi!!