Single Nogizaka46 30th [Suki toiu no wa Rock daze!] (2022/08/31)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Takoyama, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Xena55

Xena55 Kenkyuusei

This being a super safe song was to be expected after Actually which scandal aside was very divisive and "out there" for Nogi.

I like it but I definitely wanted something more cheerful

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  2. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

AKB-ish it is. Right off the bat, Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby and Sukinanda comes to my mind (as these are the last few I remember)
    Although it's a little slower (?) and the beat does feel a bit bland. I mean I was waiting for that extra punch but it didn't come [hehe]
    Well, to me it's still ok. I actually miss those old AKB songs so it's kinda nice, I guess ;)
    I don't want to expect too much after they revealed the title :lol:
    Yeah, all have been safe so far. Senbatsu, center, song. Let's see what MV they have for this one.
    Waiting for the other units/songs

3. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    it's an idol song . I guess it suits the season and image of Kakki being the center and the occasion that it is an idol group milestone. instead of hearing many solo parts, its more like the girls are arms around each other's shoulders and singing along, so maybe it is an idea of the groups milestone single and 10th year anniversary as a group. the drumbeat and guitar in the background are mostly a one track beat , and anything that sounds rock in the background music.
    probably going to need to watch the MV

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Generic idol song. The drumbeat is annoying. I hope in the MV members wear the same outfit like the CD jacket. That way I can enjoy this song more.:D

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. clafelallerizu

clafelallerizu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    after hearing the leaks i was hoping there is still more to it but..
    its not bad song but.. its just kinda. eh.

guess i expected too much for 30th single. should have known better

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Hachikim

Hachikim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    inouesayuri
    Typical Nogi summer songs .It actually sounds much better with decent quality. It give off Jikochu de ikou vibe to me. But still not that impressive, I guess they prefer Kakki to center these kinds of songs while I'm dying to see her cool and powerful side with songs like Inochi wa itsukushi or seifuku no mannequin.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Shima-can

Shima-can Kenkyuusei

This song is built by three major instruments, electric guitar, electric bass, and drum. That's what I've heard.
    These three instruments are very identic with Rock Music.
    Also, there is a piano melody that very common in Rock music, and usually make it a leading instrument for the song. Such "Queen", "Richard Marx", or "Radwimps". Yet, not for this song. The piano melody sounds very simple.
    Also there is no solo guitar performance in this song. And the drumbeat is also too generic, too simple, maybe just consist 2-3 chords.

I think Rock music is not about ordinary, but about a fame, glory, and ambitiousness
    I mean, this song is about Rock and Summer that the composer/arranger can make it sounds more explode and make it extraordinary.

this song is too contrast than last single's song and too simple than other Nogi's summer song

I Don't know about the MV
    Hope the MV can helping to rebuild the emotion of the song

PS.
    For that 5.30, it is too common.
    I wonder that this song is more suitable for an album song, yet be released as a single

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I was hoping they would redeem themselves after the mess of 29th single. The senbatsu itself is great but why choose this song as A-side, it's worse than 26th - 28th single. I have listened to it twice so far and don't feel like want to listen anymore.
    Now just hoping the B-sides are all great...

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

Phew. I read some comments before listening and was really afraid it would sound like a generic AKB B-side. In this way I was pleasantly surprised ^^
    It's a nice song, certainly not a masterpiece, but it has such nice summerish nogi vibes, reminds me of Jikochuu. It should fit Kaki's smile really well. And it sounds like the MV could be a lot of fun! (I really hope they will keep that vibe and won't create something completely different...)

I definitely like the song more than Kimi ni Shikarareta, which wasn't my cup of tea. It makes me warm up to Kaki center much easier :flower:

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. maload

maload Kenkyuusei

i feel asuka s song here .
    i guess that this song was arrange for asuka or new centre .
    actually is too powerful at this moment so they step back a little bit .
    in fact nogis song dont change much but sony always put their song in type a , b ,c and d
    so for me , i will wait for the gen 5 and undersong again - -

11. mb1619

mb1619 Kenkyuusei

It's an alright song, not great. It's safe and very vintage AKB vibes.

Still waiting for an s-tier song, we really were spoiled from 2013-2018. It's the wrong time for the group to have a weaker single run, its difficult to retain popularity through the transition from og to ng at the best of times

• Agree Agree x 10
  12. Federico

Federico Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kaki Haruka
    I agree with most of you, and add my 2 cents.
    The part that I dislike is that it's a bit monotonous. The same melody goes on during the verse and the chorus, so the song is a bit flat.
    The part that I like is that I think it will be a good song for concerts. Possibly it can be played even by live instruments. Possibly by some members ;) even if it's unlikely.
    A normal studio version can be a great live version with some adjustment.

Edit. Another very cool thing for me it's the album covers. The members lay down in a circle shape, and to see everyone well you have to rotate 360 the cd. It's like a little game, simple but cool.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  13. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Listening to Denchannel radio show. She said that the chorus part(probably meant the performance) was pretty intense, everyone had to do their best.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Even though many fans here feel dissatisfied with this title song, I read many Japanese comments call Rock Daze a good song and even a Kami song. The only "negative" comments from them are this song feels like an AKB song and there is another Wow Wow Wow part. Other than that, Japanese fans are mostly satisfied.
    So, I think this single will do well when it is released. And, I believe it will have better 1st-day sales than Actually, because 5ki will also participate in the M&G since the beginning.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

I know you feel the need to say something controversial to stay relevant. But, are you lost?

16. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Not that I have any good track record following their summer songs but dang, the creative choices never fail to be uninspiring. Feels like not even a slight improvement from the previous single.

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    C'mon guys, it's not bad...!

I would say it's not bad at all. Of course it can't be compared with certain milestones of Nogizaka46 but it's adequately melodic and points back to a long series of 30 singles, I would say points directly to the "very roots". To me, it conveys a very strong "nostalgic" feeling. I'm sure that when the MV arrives, we would appreciate the song better. After all, it's Kakki there!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Xena55

Xena55 Kenkyuusei

I think that's a given. Between Kakki's rising popularity and it being 100% a Nogi song (even if it isnt S tier) it should be the first single that improves previous sales in forever. I mean if it doesn't then Nogi should go into full blown panic mode.

19. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Special site now open:

https://www.nogizaka46.com/s/n46/page/30th_single

Also tracklisting just announced; in addition to the A-side, here are the B-sides (two of which have been previously announced):
    • Under's Love (Under Members) - main B-side
    • Boku ga Te wo Tataku Kata e (「僕が手を叩く方へ」) (3rd Generation) - Type-A (newly announced)
    • Jumping Joker Flash (ジャンピングジョーカーフラッシュ) (4th Generation) - Type-B (newly announced)
    • Band-Aid Hagasu You na Wakarekata (「バンドエイド剥がすような別れ方」) (5th Generation) - Type-C
    • Type-D and Regular Edition B-side and Blu-ray details to be announced at a later date
    Source: https://www.nogizaka46.com/s/n46/news/detail/65705?ima=0000

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Joker + Jumping Jack Flash (by The Rolling Stones) = Jumping Joker Flash (by Nogizaka46 4ki).:D

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1