Single Nogizaka46 34th Single [Monopoly] (2023.12.06)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Generic_User, Oct 30, 2023.

1. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Under Song MV. "Omoide ga Tomaranakunaru"

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 4
  2. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

Great mv with good color work, simple is good too.
    The song is okay, its a very akip generic idol songs style. The members voice are a bit too blended together for my taste but I like the bridge part. Overall, I prefer Fundeshimatta better but it's a good genre change especially for Aruno.

3. Rawerontek

Rawerontek Kenkyuusei

Love the MV all look bright and clean with same costume, so i can enjoy the dance choreography.

4. Gingko_Balboa

Gingko_Balboa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    山崎怜奈 - 石森 璃花 - 松田好花
    With that kinda blue, the MV has a Hinatazaka's vibe a bit [hehe].

• Like Like x 1
  5. tormeidopunch

tormeidopunch Kenkyuusei

Doesn't feel like your typical under song where it contrasts the main song, it's a nice change. An especially fitting change for Aruno too. The vocal mixing is a bit weird though, it feels muffled to the ear?

6. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    as quite some ppl expected, it's an Aruno center, albeit an Under song this time. nice to see Runa and Hina back as well, reinforcing the unders.
    Like the MV , and the song centers on Aruno but doesn't overly focus on her neither , along with cute costumes and dance to give it a nice feel of a cute idol song, nice change from the recent under song 'cool' trend . this time feels like a nice balanced opposite to the main song Monopoly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Look, as I see it (I may as well be wrong), her comeback is made sloooooowly and tactfully. Judging on the acceptance (and so far Aruno is gaining in popularity fastly - quite rightly if you ask me), she will be among the stars again! One thing is for sure: Besides Kakki and Sakura, Nagi, Aruno, Mao and the flankers Terepan, Nao, Aya and Miku, center positions will be a happy headache for Nogizaka LLC...

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Something simple and bright. Nice MV. It's been a while since last time I enjoy listening to an Under song, even though it's just your typical idol song.
    Welcome back Aruno (to you know where). Nagi x Satsuki? Nah! Nagi x Sakura? Nope. It's Aruno x Nagi. Future W-center :D
    This is probably the last MV since it's only 2 days away before the release.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. ijkm

ijkm Kenkyuusei

I think this is pretty much the confirmation that Aruno will be in the senbatsu next single.

10. ric_cr

ric_cr Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Uemu - Kyoko - Aruno oshi
    I said it a few months ago, the push they are giving to Aruno is very obvious, no one in the 5ki except Miku with "the time" has regular programs outside the group, Aruno already has 2, the route that I think and hope is fulfilled is this, 34th: under center-->35th: senbatsu-->36th: fukujin-->37th w-center with nagi, sony is giving a w-center to a couple from each gen, we already had kubo-zukki for 3ki, now kaki-ensaku for 4ki, it is likely that they will do the same with the 5ki, and that couple would be :worthy: aruno-nagi and it would be exactly 1 year from now, i think.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

It would be hilarious if she's not called on the next Senbatsu announcement. She has weathered the storm. It was a rough start for her. I'm glad they gave her this bright idol song to center, like finally the sun is shining bright on her. This might end up as my favorite song from this single. Some may not like it but if there's gonna be a future W-center from 5th gen, I don't see any reason why it's not Nagi x Aruno. Look, I'm not even an Aruno fan. But I won't ignore the fact she has a lot to offer now and in the future. Good for her and good for the group.

• Like Like x 5
  12. clafelallerizu

clafelallerizu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    so.. now all songs have come out...
    i have to say this single is quite boring.. don't get me wrong.. the songs are good.. but.. its boring...

also 5th gen song got MV and its on regular.. but units don't get any MV.. man..

13. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Prediction time. I’m going with 415k first day and 510k week. This is way lower from what I predicted last single. I’m not too confident with sales this time around.

14. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    396k first day
    480k week

I’m pessimistic on sales. Hopefully, I’m wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rawerontek

Rawerontek Kenkyuusei

412K first day
    520K week

Decline japan economic will had an impact but Nogi had a stable Fans so the singles sales will not change too much.

16. minto

minto Kenkyuusei

4ki could probably be as strong as 5ki right now if not for COVID. There's also the domino effect after Sayaka's accident. That's minus Sayaka and Seira.

I don't see 5ki losing steam anytime soon. They debut 6 singles after 4ki debut but it's probably too early for a 6ki in 35th.

17. minto

minto Kenkyuusei

Can you elaborate on this? How can anyone grow if they get less exposure by being relegated to unders?

Imo she's like Mayumura, being a management favorite. Not a top but still decently popular.

What's is unfair and should be changed is having a charity spot which is almost always the case in every single.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. dusty

dusty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawaki sakura
    well, while i agree with the part where they are both a management favourite, they're still in very different places i would say...

while mayumura, or we call her sayuringo, before her drop she was named the "gosanke", or in chinese/japanese 御三家, alongside maiyan and nanamin.
    on the other hand, ayame was just the management push from the start, which i would describe her more to be like yodachan.

ayame never had any scandel or "bad draumatic things" throughout her career (unless there was something that i wasn't aware of) and her drop was literally because she just "wasn't it" (to put it badly)... she had the jobs outside nogi, the push she needed, the beauty that is one of the best in nogi, yet shes now nowhere on par with sakukaki compared to debut period

sayuringo, altho with her scandal, she went back up. when she graduted she had at least the same popularity as some of the first line members.

so idk, im chinese so i can read weibo and bilibili comments too, where most people actually think ayame should just go under and stay with sei... soooo (feel free to tell me im wrong though, im still a newbie in forums)

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. minto

minto Kenkyuusei

Yoda is still top though probably 2nd only to mizuki right now.
    Idk what to say... If nothing goes wrong( health or decline), isn't she along with kaki, saku and mayu on their way to hs exemption after 36th single?
    Is there ever an under member who are exempt from hs?

20. dusty

dusty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawaki sakura
    not at the moment

i like ayame personally, since i got a look at her during the 10th year birthday live. but i feel like she needs to push herself maybe a bit further? idk how to describe it. its like hori moving to unders and being centre for two singles (13 and 14) and moving back into senbatsu (15) and fukujin the next single. (16). its hard to say at this point and i think personally though management really wouldnt bother putting her in unders either way

in terms of popularity outside nogi, yes i agree
    inside? not so.. i would even dare say from management point of view shori or even nagi is on top of her. look at her standings and positions... its bizarre ngl. in this recent single, yoda doesnt even par with renka, nagi does (and yoda just gets a tiny line right behind and in between nagi and renka) she really doesnt have any push inside nogi atm....

not sure, im dont really keep up the date with hs, sorry

• Like Like x 2