1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Oshima Yuko (Yuko) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by kaito, Jun 5, 2007.

1. cabowabobobbo

cabowabobobbo Kenkyuusei

Re: Oshima Yuko / Team K

i cringed when she said sendai,,that place is totalled

:(

2. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

You're welcome, people. :)

So yeah...UPDATES!!! ^_^

From Yuko's public blog:

1.) 確認の場に。 ("A Place To Confirm."; 2011-03-13 21:36:57): "All you guys who still haven't been able to confirm the welfare of your relatives and friends, please use this blog to post your comments.

I, too, have family Sendai, and I had a very hard time getting in touch with them, and I was really anxious over that, but indirectly I was able to confirm their safety, and later on I got word from the actual people.

Let's all work to help and protect the people around us.

And even if it's indirect, by all means use this blog to confirm people's safety." (This post scored over over 4800 comments at the time of this update - dang...)

2.) 停電のお知らせ ("Notice Of Blackouts"; 2011-03-14 07:38:50): "I came back to Japan.

So starting today, rotating blackouts will begin starting today, so I'll fill you guys in on the details of the of blackouts. But it looks like the information will be updated at any time, so please continue to check this blog, aight?

Group 1
    6:20~10:00
    16:50~20:30

Group 2
    9:30~13:00
    18:20~22:00

Group 3
    12:20~16:00

Group 4
    13:50~17:30

Group 5
    15:20~19:00

http://google.com/gwt/x?u=http%3A%2F%2F ... e2011.html

I think it'll be hard for the people of each region to go without power, but everyone let's all work together." (This post scored just under 2700 comments at the time of this update - werd...)

3.) それでも。 ("Nevertheless."; 2011-03-14 11:03:03): "As per Tokyo Electric Power Company's blackout plan, it appears that Groups 1 and 2 as of now are out power.

However, everyone, let's all work together try not to use electricity, too.

Usually, the amount of electricity consumed in the districts is huge, but if each person is mindful of their own use, we should be able to make a big difference.

So let's all try to restrain our usage as best as we can.

We can't take for granted the fact that we've lived such normal lives before all of this." (This post scored well over 1600 comments at the time of this update - rock...)

And that's that! Clever idea to have people communicate indirectly via comments on her blog. (I was able to get in touch with people overseas via Facebook.) Werd to rolling blackouts. I heard about them while streaming one of the Japanese news broadcasts. Definitely makes sense to me, but at the same time goes to show how bad the situation's become over there. And I think it's a good idea for everyone to limit their own power consumption if at all possible. I'd be cool with sharing some of my electricity, but...yeah, not like I'm actually able to. (And seriously...I'm feeling really moved by how Yuko's being so...diplomatic(?) through this whole ordeal by posting updates and letting others use her blog to get in touch with each other.)

As usual, you guys are welcome to post your questions, comments, and concerns. Also if you're up to it, you guys can try posting comments directly onto Yuko's blog. (I know I do. )

Until next time...G'NIGHT!!! ^_^ (Yay, Yuko! )

P.S. - If at all possible, try do something to help out with the recovery. I donated some money yesterday, and I plan on continuing my communications with Yuko via blog comments and mail. (Because words of consolation can be helpful, right?) And also, sorry if I screwed up any of my translations.

3. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Thank you very much for the translations! I work at the Colombian Red Cross, so I'll try to find out if there's a way to donate from here. I'm so so moved by Yuko's will to help everyone through her blog. It just brings me to tears to see all the kindness even in the middle of the chaos. I'm praying for everyone to be safe and for things to improve ASAP.

4. Micchipyon

Micchipyon Kenkyuusei

Good to hear that Yuko's family is in safe.. [whew]

5. gideon123

You're welcome. :)

So yeah...UPDATES!!! ^_^

From Yuko's public blog:

1.) 節電方法 ("How To Conserve Electricity"; 2011-03-14 17:35:33):

"I don't know how to go about conserving electricity, so what should I do?

Well, I was shown a few methods, so I'm giving 'em a try.

And like before, please let's all work together.

TV
    When I'm not watching TV, I turn off the main power source. Also, I turn down the image dynamic setting to the standard level.

Toilet
    I don't use the electronic bidet functions.

Lighting
    I unfasten the light bulbs and fluorescent lamps that require a switch to use except for the ones I really need. Also, I don't use the automatic outdoor entrance lights.

Heating
    I layer up my clothes inside the house, and I avoid using the heater as much as possible. Also, if I do have to use it, I lower the thermostat.

Other
    As much as possible, I have everyone in my family gather inside one room, and limit the number or rooms that require electrical use. Also, I unplug the electrical appliances I don't need.

Important Points
    You may be thinking about using candles in place of electrical lighting, but there's a likelihood that a fire may go off. In the event that you have to use an open fire, please put out the fire in the event of even an aftershock. And just to be safe, it'd be a good idea to have water nearby to put out the fire.

And also, an AKB48 donation project has started!! I'll post the details for it later on, but all you guys who're working together, please check out the AKB Official Blog, aight?" (This post scored well over 3800 comments at the time of this update - werd...)

2.) 横浜アリーナ ("Yokohama Arena"; 2011-03-14 21:50:06):

"The performance at Yokohama Arena, 'Takamina Ni Tsuite Ikimasu,' set for March 25-27 has been suspended.

Please understand that it's all meant to conserve energy and maximize everyone's safety.

Now, as an individual human being, I wanna work with everyone weather this difficult situation.

And when the time comes to actually do the performance, as Oshima Yuko of AKB48, I wanna work to cheer everyone up with my song, dance, and performance!!

Well, the aftershocks are still coming around, so please be careful." (This post scored exactly 5900 comments at the time of this update - dang...)

3.) AKB48義援金プロジェクト ("AKB48 Donation Project"; 2011-03-15 08:18:59):

"★AKB48 Donation Project★

In response to the current situation, we members of AKB48 were thinking, 'Isn't there anything that we can do?'

And everyone was thinking, but we felt so frustrated at how little we could do, ya know?

But there's something that we can do as AKB48.

We've consulted with the Japanese Red Cross, set up a donation forwarding counter, and all the AKB and staff members were able to work together to donate money!

And there were a lot of inquiries about it from everyone, too, so if you guys have the go-ahead to contribute to the cause, I'll appreciate any donations you guys can send over to the counter!

We're thinking of other things we can do for the AKB project, and I'd really like us to move forward with whatever we can do in our own way.

And when we do move ahead with more ideas, it'd be nice if everyone can work together with us...

So yeah, there was a lot of damage that came up because of the earthquake, but let's help each other out with 'hearts that help and support each other.'

Such that both our feelings and all the fan's thoughts reach out to everyone else.

And there's an AKB48 Kenkyuusei member from Sendai who's suffering right now. She's been able to confirm the safety of her loved ones, but even now they're staying in a shelter.

Everyone in AKB will be praying for the people in the disaster-stricken areas to go back to their calm way of living from before.

<Donation Reception Account 1>
    Resona Bank (Bank Code 0010)
    Shibuya Branch Office (Branch Number 473)
    Ordinary Bank Account: 2871105
    Account Name: AKB48プロジェクト義援金(エーケービー48プロジェクトギエンキン)

<Donation Reception Account 2>
    Mitsubishi Tokyo UFJ Bank (Bank Code 0005)
    Gotanda Branch Office (Branch Number 537)
    Ordinary Bank Account: 0167382
    Account Name: AKB48プロジェクト義援金(エーケービー48プロジェクトギエンキン)

<Notice>
    *Please pay for bank deposit transfer charge
    *Please send all inquiries regarding the donation to the following address: gienkin@aks48.com

Heisei 23, March 14
    All members of AKB48, SKE48, NMB48, SDN48
    All AKB48 Project Staff" (This post scored over 1700 comments at the time of this update - rock...)

And that's that! Werd to Yuko's pointers. I'm not really suffering from a power shortage over by me, but nevertheless those are really good conservation ideas in general. Werd to suspending the concert for the sake of recovering from the disaster. I'm pretty sure it'll save a lot of energy that could've been used for not only running the concert but also transporting people, equipment, and food. And werd to the AKB48 Project. Glad to hear that all the members and staff are working together to contribute to the recovery. I actually donated to the Japanese Red Cross earlier, but if I can later on I'll donate again. (And seriously...Yuko is damn awesome to be communicating with people through her blog like this.)

As usual, you guys are welcome to post your questions, comments, and concerns. Also if you're up to it, you guys can try posting comments directly onto Yuko's blog. (I know I do. )

Until next time...G'NIGHT!!! ^_^ (Yay, Yuko! )

P.S. - Some of the lines Yuko posted were tricky to translate, so if I screwed anything up, I am REALLY sorry.

6. Kanki

Kanki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Twitter:
    imnikky

This breaks my heart, I wonder who it is T___T My thoughts go out to her~

7. Micchipyon

Micchipyon Kenkyuusei

Thanks giddy for the translations!

Yuko is seriously such a sweet and kind person. ♥
    She really wants to help (with other AKB girls) the people who have lost their family or are suffering now.
    The AKB48 donation project seems to be a good idea. :3
    Let's hope that they will get lots of money ~

I wonder too that who is the Kenkyuusei in Sendai. ;__;
    That sounds horrible.. It breaks my heart too. ;__; Even i don't know who she might be, it sounds so sad.

8. oddball

oddball Member

I think it's one of the new 12th gen members but I'm not sure, as you said our prayes go out to her and all those who have suffered in the region. It was very kind of Yuko to mention her.

9. mizu_chan

mizu_chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Twitter:
    mizu_chann

Yuko how the kind.. i hope they can successfully ''AKB48 Donation Project''

10. Coffeecaramel

Coffeecaramel Kenkyuusei

I really feel heart broken about the situation in Japan atm :cry:
    The ideas that yuko gave out to conserve electricity are pretty brilliant
    as I already applied some to my daily life,even though im not in Japan
    i think maybe doing this would somehow help =]
    and it's so thoughtful of AKB48 to do the donation project
    I myself have donated,I really hope Everything goes back to normal as soon as possible!

11. mako_chan

mako_chan Kenkyuusei

Hontoni Sugoii Yuko, I Respect you now *Take a Bow*

12. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

Yuko is such a sweet girl. I feel warmness in my heart, whenever I her blog posts.

13. gideon123

You're welcome. :)

So yeah...UPDATES!!! ^_^

From Yuko's public blog:

1.) 大きな力 ("A Great Strength"; 2011-03-15 22:04:42):

All you guys who took part in the donation, thank you very much.

I'm thinking, 'Maybe I should make this a blog that'll cheer people up,' but I have no idea what to say in light of the grief of the victims stricken by the disaster.

And all the many people's support activities, like offering relief, sending in materials, and operating in medial teams - really touch my heart.

I can only watch the news to get an idea of what's going on, but I think that what happens in real life so goes beyond what I imagine the situation and your activities to be.

Well, the situation still continues be a shaky one, so everyone, let's all be careful." (This post scored over 4600 comments at the time of this update - dang...)

And that's that! Werd to all the people working to help the people out in Japan. I've seen pictures and followed the news of the events unfolding over there, and a lot of the stuff I've seen people do was just amazing. And I think I can relate to Yuko - since the disaster broke out last Friday, I've been trying figure out the right words to say. Like, how do I say something without coming off as insensitive to the situation, ya know? Anyway, best of luck of to Yuko and the others with their recovery. I'll try to think of ways to help out, too.

As usual, you guys are welcome to post your questions, comments, and concerns. Also if you're up to it, you guys can try posting comments directly onto Yuko's blog. (I know I do. :))

Until next time...G'NIGHT!!! ^_^ (Yay, Yuko! :approve:)

P.S. - Once again, sorry if I've screwed anything up. I'm sure some of you guys are really relying on my translations for information on the situation in Japan, and I'm doing my best to keep them as accurate as possible.

14. Micchipyon

Micchipyon Kenkyuusei

I kinda understand Yuko..

I wouldn't know either what to say in my blog to cheer people up when there's a chaotic situtation in Japan..
    And I wish that the afterquakes would just stop. That they could start fixing places up again.

15. Jac

Jac Kenkyuusei

This is making me depressed. I wonder when will things go back to normal. I miss Yuko's happy blog. This whole situation in Japan makes me sad.

16. oddball

oddball Member

I miss Yuko's usual blog posts too, some like Yuko being so serious is yet another indication of how bad the sitution is out there......

17. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

It's so heartbreaking to see all the Idols I love talk about being so helpless with the disaster. Though, I feel the same way as well.......

Kay

18. Azunyan

Azunyan Kenkyuusei

It's really heart warming when girls like Yuko blog about these, she really is a very sweet girl ;~ ; breaks my heart to think that many people in japan where the disasters had happen are hurt

19. cabowabobobbo

cabowabobobbo Kenkyuusei

yikes,,it would take a lot of togetherness to huddle everyone in the family in one room to conserve energy these days

[nerd] [nerd] [nerd]

20. gideon123

So yeah...UPDATE!!! ^_^

From Yuko's public blog:

1.) 3月16日 ("March 16"; 2011-03-16 23:50:00):

"People commented about this already, but today Not yet debuted."

[​IMG]

"This is all due to everyone's support. Thank you guys so much.

Well, this is actually a small bit of information, but I think it'd be all right if everyone cheered up a bit..."

(This post scored well over 6400 comments at the time of this update - dang...LOL.)

And that's that! Werd to Not yet's debut. A shame that the doom and gloom of the disaster in Japan is still in the air, but a little bit of happy news is welcome, eh? Because sometimes...a good smile or two can work wonders, na mean? (And I'm smiling for Yuko and the others.)

As usual, you guys are welcome to post your questions, comments, and concerns. Also if you're up to it, you guys can try posting comments directly onto Yuko's blog. (I know I do. :))

Until next time...G'NIGHT!!! ^_^ (Yay, Yuko! :approve:)

P.S. - I took some liberties with the translation. Hope y'all don't mind.