Oshima Yuko (Yuko) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by kaito, Jun 5, 2007.

1. takin

takin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
  2. elbaf89

elbaf89 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
  3. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    just like what I said before on the 32nd Single Sousenkyo forum.
    it's sad that majority thinks that Yuko should participate in the upcoming election not for her to win but to be a big test and obstacle for Mayuyu to overcome.
    since my Old Gen oshimen is Yuko and my New Gen oshimen is Mayuyu though many contradict the idea that Mayuyu is New Gen because since almost from the start she'e been there along with Acchan and the rest. the fact that Mayuyu said that she's just been following her senior along these past seven years is for me true. I'm happy that last year they rank 1 and rank 2. but this time is different.
    and last year I actually all-out voted for Yuko. since Yuko said that she will take this opportunity to be center like this is her last senbatsu election. I don't actually like the idea of Yuko just handing it out to Mayuyu but I want Yuko to battle this election more than she battle it out with Acchan just like what Mariko said the on the last election
    "Members that need me to step aside for them to move up won't be successful in this group. Come at me if you want to beat me. I'm right here waiting."

if Mayuyu could overcome Yuko then surely this will open a new path for the newer generation but If Yuko win this election then Mayuyu might not be fully accepted by the fans and not ready yet to be the new face and queen to sit on the throne that Acchan and Yuko fighted for the past election.
    i want Yuko to officially addressed Mayuyu to come and try to crush her.

4. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Damn it~ I need that Avocado performance~ Yuko and Tomu together <3
    Is that from Team K Zenkoku concert?

5. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka

I dont think most of the fans want Yuko to win just to dont let Mayuyu win the election. Most of Yuko fans want her to win because Yuko´s chance for center now is only the election and she doesnt have much time in AKB as other members like Mayuyu. So fans want her to gift Yuko with a a winning like this one where she can take center in another song, is not because Yuko fans wants to destroy Mayuyu or anything. +
    Regardless if fans want Yuko to graduate or not...if Yuko wins another election it will be a good present for her

6. cakama

cakama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    Well technically for the past 7yrs, Yuko's chance at center have and always been election. Before there is Acchan, now there is Mayuyu. There is no chance of her performing as solo center, even W center is like a backup plan.

Yuko is always in the role of "the person beside the center", so close yet so far. Sousenkyo 2010 is like the first time she live and breath as the top AKB48 member.

If Heavy Rotation never comes about, Yuko's idol life may not be the same as now.

Thats why she treat Sousenkyo as the most impossible event in her AKB48 career. Like many others, its their own chance to be selected into a single even if its Future girls. Like Sayaka and Umechan, election is the only chance they will appear on a single nowadays.

Sousenkyo's meaning to Mayuyu is just whether her popularity can top Yuko, thats all. Even if she can't, there is no impact to her future as AKB48's ultimate ace.

For Yuko, its like her last and only chance to perform as the center. Every different kind of situations to both of them, one (Mayu) have nothing to lose, the other (Yuko) have it all to win.

7. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

More business in the morning. So no translations tonight.

Maybe tomorrow.

Peace.

8. dylan41

dylan41 Kenkyuusei

IMO, this is highly impossible. It is quite clear that Mayu is not on the same level as Acchan and Yuko. So for her to battle Mayu more than she battles Acchan is just impossible. We all know that if Yuko participates, she will easily win the top spot over Mayu but I do hope Yuko feels competition from her this time. But that, I think, doesn't mean that Mayu will not be accepted by fans or her readiness to be center / ace is doubted. I'm sure after Yuko graduates, she will shine easily as center / ace.

9. Taker

Taker Kenkyuusei

We don't know that, one of the topic on Japanese recently is how there is a Mayu's supporter whose family own hospital openly saying he is power-voting her to #1 no matter the cost.

Now we all know power-voting (and I define that as throwing 100+ votes) exist, but rarely do they going public. (last time the alleged report was from Yuko) But that comment creates quite a stir that some Mayuyu supporter is claiming to drop votes while some think this will only fire up the Power-Voters on Yuko and other tops' side. So we'll see how this plays out.

10. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I don't thin that Mayuyu could not miraculously pull a 100k+ votes for her this time.since a year has past since last election. and since then also many things had happen.
    and looking back at the 2010 election to 2012 election result of Mayuyu
    Watanabe Mayu - Team B- 20088 votes
    Watanabe Mayu – Team B – 59118 Votes
    Watanabe Mayu – Team B– 75574 Votes

many fans said that Mayuyu can't beat Yuko might be underestimating Mayuyu's wota that much.
    but either way I will still support both of them since I like Yuko much i like Mayuyu but since it's Mayuyu's time now to be the face of AKB48 I will support Mayuyu as center but I will support Yuko on her career outside of AKB48 where Yuko's long-dreamed to be an actress who would represent Japan will be fulfilled.

11. takin

takin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Yuko's votes:

31448 - 2010
    122,843 votes - 2011
    108,837 - 2012

I think that Yuko already reached her peak. Whether she will gain or lose votes, I do not know. But Mayu will surely gain with the push she's getting so I believe that there is a fair possibility that Mayu will grab the #1 spot. With that realization, Yuko will be my #1 priority this year.

12. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

13. takin

takin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    ^Thank you so much for the work. I'm so happy that I get updated with Yuko's blog through your translations. :)

Yuko really loves Team K. <3 My former favorite team was Team A but after the shuffle, I'm with Team K.

14. leoASH

leoASH Kenkyuusei

how hell yeah yuko thread at 2nd page.. :hmm:

but i'm agreeing with people that yuko smiles nowadays was still the best but not brightly during her rivalry with acchan...they both posses some aura but yuko for me is the win & 2nd acchan..(bias of coz)
    she in akb now just wait for someone to surpass her & find her next gen girl that she can depend on..
    when i look the picture of her accept awards from acchan..i'm find my old yuko smiles & energy..
    that's the part of her that i miss..

it seems that people now quite bother with the next gen..i'm sure after yuko graduate this thread was not updated like acchan thread :^^;:

actually i have a question since i'm fan of akb in 2010
    i see many people says that yuko have to work hard to claim top spot in senbatsu..is it she not being push by management? is it yuko underdog?

15. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    [​IMG]

I was about to go to bed, and randomly decided to check out the page and...

!!!!
    :inlove: [party]

What makes it more amusing is that she's the only one right now on the page and the one I least expected.

16. erinachu

erinachu Kenkyuusei

Yeah me too! I was so shocked that I had tears in my eyes :D I was already prepared to see news like "Yuko withdraw from the election"

17. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka

Yuko has been promoted well, but before Acchan was AKB center and Yuko has been always there at 2cd place, competing with Acchan for center position, when she won the election for Heavy Rotation, it was unexpected it and now that Acchan graduated, management is promoting the younger generation because top members are starting to graduate. Yuko isnt considered AKB ace in the eyes of management despite her being number one, so without the elections Yuko wouldnt have a chance to be center of a song, other center candidates will be in the center spots in the other pvs.. Promoting new generation isnt wrong, it will help AKB in long term but for Yuko wotas is important to vote for her for elections and show her that she is important. Even if some fans want her to graduate, for sure Yuko is someone that doesnt like to lose and it will be a big present for her before she follows her own path <3

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG YESSSS, SHE APPLIED!!!!! Queen Yuko, reclaim your throne!!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
    haha that people that wanted Yuko not to take part in this election must be so pissed off now, Yuko wotas better to support Yuko for this, even tough she probably wants to graduate,is really doubtful she wants to lose in the election since is her only time to get center for a song

18. takin

takin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    FINALLY!!! I'm so happy. I was kind of expecting her to file her candidacy (but there were some doubts) so now, I can sleep tightly. :)

19. YO_OY

YO_OY Member

I guess seeing this will put everyone's doubt about her entering the election to rest [rock] . Now, whether or not she can retain the #1 spot again will be interesting to see.

To me, Yuko has to work hard to get to the top in the senbatsu because she isn't a favorite by management but with for her to win with a lot of fans votes, it's kind of sending a message that Yuko should be the center despite her age. It seems like Yuko appears as an underdog to management but a champion when she wins the elections. Besides, as it's been mentioned in this thread, this is her only opportunity to be center for a single because next thing you know, she's be relegated to the back in favor of the young members in the front for other singles. I wish it didn't have to be this way, but that's how I see it.

20. alizlovescherry

alizlovescherry Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    alizlovescherry
    I'm soo happy Yuko sign up for sousenkyou. It really shows that Yuko doesn't give up so easily to her junior.
    Mariko-sama is so right about this, junior should take the place from older gen if they can.. [clap]