TV / Radio OUT OF 48 (2023/04/20 - 2024/03/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 24, 2023.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 3
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Are we even surprised? Yuiyui was probably there to attract fans. Kuranoo narumi is the only popular girl there? Which one is the general public?

At least chen sha sha isnt there. Just pointing out things can get worse

5. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Oh man, why didn't I think of that first? Imagine the money I would make.

Eeeeeeh? What about the most famous Shinkansen in Japan?

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

if the video does not show watch the video here

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I just watched the final episode. Honestly, I was so surprised with the line-up o_o Naru is the only member with a long career and experience. Yuiyui, Zukkii, Miu didn't make it (I thought they would be in, at least 2 of them), also no 17th gen. But there are 3 18th gens, and 2 non-AKB (I thought it would be one non-AKB). Sadly Rei didn't make it ;_; I'm sad about that... I wonder if they waited until now to decide the final line-up, maybe they would have picked Rei? She did so well in these last episodes (in terms of being noticed online etc.) but the line-up was already decided by the time it aired. That's sad, I really think she would have done well... and the biggest surprise for me is Yuiyui. As her fan, I didn't especially want her in. She has AKB right now and so many other activities. but it's kinda weird that they made the whole show about skills, praised her so much, and then didn't pick her XD I mean, we already knew it, this was never about skills, ever since the first eliminations lol. I think it's a bit insulting how they made her do all this but anyway, she has AKB! I'm mostly dissapointed for Rei ._.

Now for the good news: Hiyuka made it!!! :omg: There are 3 members that I really wanted in, and it was Hiyuka, Yuichi and Rei. but especially Hiyuka because I really want her to get more activities... Sadly she doesn't do too much with AKB, mostly due to being busy with school, so I thought with one more group, it means more songs, MVs, shows, and content in general! I will follow and support this group because of her! I'm so happy she made it <3<3<3 and then another good news is Yuichi, I'm so glad that she made it. She's so cute ;w;

However, I'm not sure about the group's name :^^;: UNLAME is a bit... :fear: I guess... it's just a name in the end... what matters is their activities... lol. I'll wait for them to have their own thread before I comment on their news as a group but, they were looking nice in the interview part. Hiyuka's hair and outfit were the cutest <3 and I liked the MV preview! Hina looks so good there. I think I have my top 3 for this group lol Hiyuka, Yuichi and Hina. ^^

• Like Like x 3
  7. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
  8. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
  10. Doraleous

Doraleous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Motomura Aoi
    I wasn't expecting Zukkicks to cry of all people, her and the short-haired girl seemed the most openly affected by the disappointment.

Well, Unlame, name's lame, I wonder where they'll be performing. Is the theater for them as well?

11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    So the audition program is over but not the show, it looks like they are starting their own TV show right away from next week.

The final line up has some expected and surprises.
    Naru was no questions for me, she was put in the light from the begining. And her selection could only mean the elimination of Yuiyui (and vice versa). Not like they are rival, but 2 girls with the most popularity and an allready super busy schedule might be too much to handle for a company who isn't used to work with AKB48. I'd add that the current DH staff might not even work as good as the AKS one who managed AKB48 in pre and peak days.

Hiyuka is a semi surpprise, mainly because she's not the best at everything, but her daring strategy, and maybe her personnality paid off. It's a good thing for her, more work, more exposure never hurts. I hope the schedule won't clash too much with her school duties.

After, Ichinomiya called 3 of the best remaining singers. (Sae, Suzuka, Yuuka). And here is where I began to raise an eyebrow. This set of girls doesn't seem to match with he initial ambition of a "Girly pop x dance number". I feel that the producer switched partialy his mind from the initial plan. (assuming he is 100% in controle).
    (And looking back again at the concept above, a fashion media who reported almost all episodes makes sense.)

The episode left me again with the questionable "group image and potential" criterias, which are the most obscure ones.
    In the early episodes they gave the impression that they would keep the very best of them, with those difficult dance / singing exams.
    Just at each cut off, they removed some very capable girls and kept some who didn't perform as good as the eliminated.
    Also, had they not record so much in advance, they could have had a look at SNS and take those into consideration. It might have been a plus to select 1 or 2 who had a good reception with fans (helps sales)
    Among the bad surprise, Rei being out is definetly one, and if she wants to attemp again a 48 groups auditon, it looks closed for quite some time now. AKB48 at least won't recruit in the upcoming 1 or 2 years, unless they pull a Mariko.
    Yuichi's group name suggestion was sweet, and would have feel less weird. Japan and foreign languages have a kind of habit of resulting in a strange mixture

I kept bringing a theory that 18th gen girls were hired especially for this show / group, the final line up just solidifies this idea, since 3 out of 8 ends up being selected. Also this final selction, cements for me a theory that they didn't want to keep among the outsiders some girls with the potential to outshine AKB48 members (specially Naru in the current situation)
    Sadly I'm not surprised with Aichan and Sorara's failure (so no 17ki), their last auditons weren't very good.

More in the press:

• Informative Informative x 3
  12. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    @lionel90 and @Mana explanations made sense.

Looking at the promos, it seems the selected member also have a certain type of visual.

I dont know how to describe but they are all in the same category. Edgy?

13. rmn89

rmn89 Member

now that the final line up is revealed. is there any chance the non akb members can audition for 19th generation?

14. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Producers probably took those finalist photos in July and then prepared this sham contest to create a vehicle for narunaru to stop her from spilling tea on yuiyui /jk

why They dress our girl zucky like a child for the finals ?

[​IMG]

15. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    For pure live singing, They've done a hell of a good job!

16. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

DH staffs told fallen audition girls that 19th gen audition would come very soon and convinced them to audition again. So I expect that they will announce it in October concerts. :^^;:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    I don't get it. DH got rid of half of its roster to replace them with almost the same number of members, with most of them selling "as much" in the future as the ones who got fired? Was it a purge?

18. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    At this point, I have lost all confidence in what DH can declare for their future plans.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modelpress article about the "initiates" role through the show.

(if I get it right)
    Serika says that no one knew her role. She helped providing some choregraphy videos.
    Then Zunchan who was eliminated before the general applicants introduction, says that she never met with any of them, and didn't do anything o_O :confused: (DH at work here)
    https://mdpr.jp/music/detail/3928247

19. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@FlowingColors

Answering to your question on the UNLAME thread here!

I don't have a specific performance of Rei to share, I started to like her because she is cute and looks good [hehe]
    But I saw that she did good in the final performance, that's when I thought she should really be in the group...

20. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    They are singing on top of prerecorded singing voice....

That ey oh ey oh. It would be better if they dont sing it live it pierced my ears

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1