Ozono Momoko / 3rd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by kanjo, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I am shocked... Why? It's so soon...:cry:

My eyes were blessed with the sight of this beauty, for the first time, when I was searching Youtube for videos of my oshi, Kazumin... When I first saw this scared kitten, in that awesome black kendo dress, with an amazingly elegant profile, a killer smile and a face that haunts any male eyes and brain...

Momoko had a skyrocketing start that unfortunately slowed-down in the process. Although as an idol she was top-class, I do not follow Nogizaka so closely as I do with the kouhai Sakamichi groups to feel any negative vibes, so I wonder, why this sweet and promising girl decided to stop her idol career so early. At least, from the rest of the 3rd gen she was one of the least probable to end this journey...

Why?

2. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I think she realised she never really wanted to be an idol and work on this industry since she's ever retiring from the showbiz like it happened to Nanamin.
    Which I think is fine. I respect that. What I didn't like about all that , I expressed it on the concert post, but here it is to make things more clear:

And here's the difference of maturity from a woman like Nanamin and a spoiled child like Momoko. Like most of these new girls. Nanamin had to struggle much more, starting by the fact that she started when Nogizaka and the 46 group/ sakamichi concept was still nothing. She often had health problems and caused trouble to staff and other members because of that. She realised this world is not for her but we never ONCE heard her saying something against the group or the staff but always showed respect and thankful feelings cause she knew how lucky she was working there and what it means struggling to have a salary and the notion to working for a living.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 20
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Not everyone is meant to be an idol and Momoko is one of them. Not only she quit being an idol, but also retire from entertainment industry. That's not an easy decision to make. But that just means that she is firm about what she wants to become in life. Definitely not the celebrity or idol Momoko that everyone can admire. She probably has other plans in life.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  4. air_guchi

air_guchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    So... this day has finally arrived. This was a tough day, my brothers/sisters. Never been more devastated by a grad than this and it's not even close.

I've never been in more of a denial of a member's graduation till now. I've actively avoided any news/pics/vids about her grad as I'm still in disbelief and having a hard time accepting it. I truly wished Momoko would stay in Nogizaka for a few more years. But alas, this was nothing more than a selfish wish that I'm sure I shared with many of her fans. As baymon up there has said, Momoko was not really meant for the idol life and that she has other goals/dreams that are not in the entertainment industry. And that gives me something to be cheerful about as this girl is now pursing her own dreams, away from the fame and the cameras and the scrutiny of the public.

Momoko has been an incredible addition to Nogizaka imo, despite her ups and downs. She was an absolute breath of fresh air and despite her early immaturity and lack of experience (only idol to really give me anxiety whenever I saw her on other TV shows with other celebs haha), she stuck with the lifestyle and grew up. She faced her fears and challenges head-on and, with her fellow members supporting her, pushed through them all. She might not have become the ace that management tried to make her out to be but she became something even better: herself. She grew to accept who she was and what her role was in the group. She became more comfortable and found her own happiness within the group. She was a flower that was not like the other aces but just as, if not more, beautiful. She blossomed in her own way and we were all fortunate enough to receive the joy she radiated. She will be missed greatly, not just by her fans but also her fellow members, especially the 3ki.

Just like with Hashimoto, I truly wish this girl can live the rest of her life in peace and happiness. May her dreams and wishes all come true and may she stay safe and healthy through it all. Thank you for the wonderful memories and for showing us such courage, Momoko. And thank you for sharing that warm, beautiful smile with the world! I'm going to miss those little half-moon eyes haha. Congratulations on an incredible run as an idol! Thank you, Momoko!

Now... off to silently sob in the corner as I listen to her last Rajira haha.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    SteCola has been banned from this thread. We have always defended users' rights to have a contrary opinion on this forum, but there is a fine line between having that kind of opinion and intentionally trying to cause friction.

So there is no reason for any further argument.

• Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 14
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

@Cristafari Thank you!

Anyways, Momoko's official last date with the group is the 4th of September (due to the remaining meguri obligations). Not sure if I should expect anything else... I was hoping for a Graduation Commemoration book, but at this point I think that we won't be getting anything. She was busy with touring for the last month with the group, and I'm glad she was able to have a proper send off with fans.

I was also meaning to post my final exchange with her during meguri a few weeks ago... I'll be sure to post my account later!

• Like Like x 1
  7. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

Admin can i marry you :worthy::worthy::worthy:

8. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

The clearest single thing she said was in the last Nogi documentary, where she basically said she’s always her honest self, which means whenever she was criticized or came short, it felt like it was truly her being hurt, not a character. I wrote a post about Momoko’s problems a while ago in response to an interview (linked further up on that page). The problems are endemic to how the 46/48 idol industry is structured, so it’s not really a Nogi-specific issue. Also, while her reasons are almost definitely in that general area, it’s worth noting that I don’t think she’s ever explicitly said, “I’m graduating from the industry because X.”

In a recent official Youtube video, she got very absorbed in arranging flowers and went quiet for a long time, which meant dead air and the manager had to prompt her to talk and “entertain” again. It’s probably also little things like this that made her feel unsuited to the industry, she naturally just wants to enjoy stuff and she doesn’t want to have to think about how it plays on camera.

I usually don’t like using these words, but Momoko was really the most pure and innocent idol in Nogi, if not Sakamichi or even ever(?). She came from a sheltered country life and was very unprepared for showbiz shenanigans. This industry structurally forces everyone to lie, but I believe Momoko to tell the truth more than any other member (besides maybe, like, Ranze, depending on context). And because of that, for me, the last gift she gave was saying that management and members really are nice people.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Thank you all for the replies. I've just seen a short video on Youtube with Asuka's farewell and from the few Japanese I can manage I understand the intensity of the emotions. However, I'm completely unable to grasp the "nuances" or any hidden implications (if any). However, I can't imagine that this innocent girl would convey even the slightest bitterness, no matter of the idol industry has been kind to her or not.
    Anyway, stay calm all of you. We share the same love for Sakamichi...
    And for Momoko: Have a happy life, child, for ever smiling!

• Like Like x 1
  10. baotrantrnn

baotrantrnn Member

Just watched yesterday's concert again. It was a beautiful concert. I saw some tweets in Twitter said that they dont satisfied with the setlist, but for me, i think it makes perfect sense. Momoko will never want something that put too much highlight on her. And again, you can see how good, kind, natural Momoko is by looking at other members' feelings all through the concert. Its been a long time since i've chance to watch such a tearful, touching concert. Sayonara Momoko!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Happy graduation Momo-chan. I hope you can find happines in your next chapter of your life. And please keep your instagram, instagram isn't just for showbiz people :cry:

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Joe Yeung Chung

Joe Yeung Chung Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    the exchange with Asuka, where Momo grab Asuka's hand and ask her to confirm that Asuka does like Momoko.
    That was one of my favorite moment of the concert.....
    Asuka can't help toying with Momo and Momo falling for it......just so cute.....

We only have a couple more days with Momoko...... still don't want to face the fact that I'm never going to see her again....

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  13. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    Sanbanme no kaze will forever be one of the best nogi song and momoko has the honour to centre that song.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    ^ Agreed. The performance during her graduation ceremony has become one of my favorites. Full version is the best. They started out rough because they were all crying, but reigned it in to give a good performance. Finally, it will be the last that we'll ever get Momoko shooting hearts in perhaps the best maneuver of the song. It's not going to be the same...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

The setlist is fine

The songs in the encore represents her as a person

Momoko choosin to wear the same outfit as everyone would also mean she wants to be treated as a Nogi Member (rather than an outgoing one ) throughout the Encore

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. baotrantrnn

baotrantrnn Member

Only thing make me regret that: Momoko have centered Shiawase only one time :( The setlist in concert not has Shiawase

17. Jerome Phoenix Wilson

Jerome Phoenix Wilson Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nibu Akari and Watanabe Miho
    I shed a tear when Asuka had slight regrets that she couldn't truly prove to Momoko that Nogizaka was indeed a good place to be, but I loved that hug that they both shared on stage. Asuka was a great senpai for Momo-chan until the end.

Momoko really did what the average female idol could not do: stuck to being an idol despite not having a strong desire to be one and shining ever so brilliantly with her charming, winning smile and her wonderful voice. She made mistakes, fumbled in song and dance and was even a crybaby, but I saw where all of her actions were genuine and pure. She was real in everything and steady with her pace and I believe that's what being an idol is all about. She was just as amazing as Himetan.

We'll never have another like her. farewell and may the greatest of success be with you, Momo-chan.

• Like Like x 9
  18. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

And 3ki decided to vacant the center for 3banme and Omoide 1st .

For Nigemizu ; I guess they cant decide on that alone since Its a Senbatsu A side.

Either it will Be Yoda Solo or W center with Zukki or Ayame

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  19. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Just released!

• Like Like x 9
  20. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Meguri reports are sayin Momoko will stay In Tokyo after Retirement (probably COVID preventin her from goin back home )

Maybe she found something she wants to do after all
    Heres whats interest her in the last 2 yrs :
    - Playin Guitar
    - havin pets

Hoping she kept her IG and open up YT channel

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1