TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    exactly.
    And from what i gatheed here or there (OH), some of the latest Mnet survival show did not met the expected success.
    So they are now throwing all they have to target the highest possible rating. and without some big guns it's somewhat difficult.
    + You don't sign a several million of yens contract with AKS if it's to welcome a bunch of random theater girls no one cares about.

From this, I find Honda Hitomi questionable
    She started a weekly radio show last wednesday. 2nd show is supposed to air tomorrow night.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
  3. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    it does, but an acting trainee made it in the first produce show. and ayanan is a lot more attractive compared to sohye too

• Like Like x 2
  4. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    hmmm......
    she did her showroom very early today and she said that she wont be able to do one at night,

and manami was also in her showroom, who is also on the list

but still....if it requires singing.....maybe she is there just for promoting the show

5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Don't forget one of the purpose of the show is to have them undergo high dancing and singing training.

6. trxsh

trxsh Member

Can we stop being in denial saying they're just there for promotions? The article specifically says they're starting training camp for the show.

• Agree x 14
    • Like x 4
    • Winner x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  7. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori

considering most of this name's are senbatsu members, as well as, mayuyu and sashi not participating in this year's election, "IF, and only IF" this will coincide with the election, we will be seeing new members on senbatsu this year.
    but considering korean shows are, "most of the time" a recording, with this 1 month of "training" and "shooting", hope it won't affect their senbatsu promotions, especially Jurina and Sakura, i'm excited to see them compete for top.

8. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I don't think the management would be stupid enough to let go of the RIVALRY SEASON 3.
    JuriSaku is too strong to ignore, so they will of course be promoted in the SSK. I wouldn't be surprised if they were promoted the way Yuko and Mayu were for the 2013 SSK.
    And Miru, one of the strongest candidates, is there too, so it's unlikely that this will affect their SSK promotions. I really don't think they need promotions that much though, since people who will vote for them probably are planning that since last month, if not last year.
    Of course there still is the probability that they gave up on the SSK and let the NGT babies have it (jk)

• Like Like x 2
  9. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    this show would have to be a huge commitment for me to imagine sakura, jurina, juri, and miru lose their spots in senbatsu. they knew about the show before registering for the election so im sure theyd also know if being on the show would stop them from participating in SSK.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    please enlighten me, can't think of a reason why they need to do this collaboration, a part of me accept this program, but most part of me reject this :lol::lol:

well, but with what i search about produce101, guess 1 month of training, for few winners from 101 trainees, so what about p48?

and yeah, after sashi announced that she will not participate, most fan are now excited to see the 3rd rivalry, and i think, that will be more beneficial of the mngt. (that is of course my opinion w/o knowing the purpose of p48)

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  11. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    1. It's not just a korean show, these survival shows have become an international phenomenon, China is starting to come out with several and personally so many of my friends, hardcore and casual fans of kpop alike, have bought into the survival show hype. participating in this show will mean they have a headstart in developing an international fanbase should 48G start to expand
    2. From what I understand while there are people working with the idols on dance choreography and singing they don't actually get any training. Mion said recently that she is going on her own to get a vocal coach to improve her singing. on these shows they bring in not only veteran idols but also have a team of people who are legitimate vocal and dance trainers
    3. if anything its a nice experience to get to go experience a different country
    I dont think they absolutely needed to do this collaboration but there's probably some goals of a more korean or international fanbase that they're working towards

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. lunakitten

lunakitten Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Isn't the final group going to be promoting for a few years? Is that's true then maybe some members want the challenge of being in another group and starting from the beginning again.

Also with the scheduling, during the Unit, some members had schedules in Japan and they just missed a day or two while rehearsing and caught up with their teams when they came back. I don't see why P48 couldn't do that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    sooo after gathering some thought about what happened in the last days, and trying to take some steps back.

Prepare yourself ladies and gentlemen, some may not agree.

The bads :
    It appears there were some bad preparation here and there, with Mnet throwing a 1st shedule without taking the SSK into acount.
    Hence all the questions that surfaced regarding the 2 events.
    In the end both are going to happen and the girls will be able to do both, but not in the way i envisaged.
    Am I the only one who think the reason given to push the airing to june due to too many aplications is just an excuse to not say that the negociations with the japanese crew to acomodate the shedules and the top girls participations were much harder than expected ?
    It is clear that AKS wasn't willing to leave anything that could go against the most biggest idol event in Japan the world
    Hence this 1st fail which is the show postponing. Hopefully it is the last one.
    2 fails on 2 international events in less than a week for AKS is allready too much. (too few oversea members joining the SSK is their 1st)
    Who to blame ? both sides maybe.

So many top girls .......... isn't it unfair allready for the lesser known ones and even the korean ones ?
    It sounds clear too that the staff will have to find a different voting method than a classic "I vote for my favorite and that's all". And I seriously hope it won't turn into a popularity contest like we are too often used to see when it's about fans voting, resulting in predictable results from the start (NHK SSK I am looking at you !)

Sasshi wisely said Produce48 is a good opportunity for lesser known girls, what can the top ones gain from this ?
    It's not as if they are in lack of jobs in Japan.
    Oh yeah, it is also "for the show ratings" I said it allready.

The average :
    IMHO, the resulting group looks more like a sub-unit than a sister group now.
    Kennins between 2 groups in japan never worked too well and ended being unpopular. And kennins with oversea groups were horrible, even in JKT.
    So what now ?
    The sub-unit formula sounds the most appropriate for releases and promotion.

The goods :
    AKS went all serious, the girls aren't in Korea to have fun. Sudenly AKB48 groups shines again.
    Girls out of their comfort zones.
    Heavy dance and vocal training.
    All lthese can bring them to another level.
    Shedule conflicts are "magically" solved since the postponing. So:
    06/16 SSK ==> 53rd single songs and shooting during the following week ===> 1st episode airs live 06/22 (friday) or 06/23 (saturday) ?
    And the final air right before the 53rd promo. (I suppose mid to end of august)
    Are there more Japanese contestant who are not from 48 groups ?
    Let a good show begin !!! good luck to all of them.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    If anybody's interested in which names came up today:
    Were at the airport: Miyawaki Sakura, Matsui Jurina, Shiroma Miru, Nakano Ikumi, Nagano Serika, Hasegawa Rena, Asai Nanami, Asai Yuuka, Kato Yuuka, Takahashi Juri, Kojima Mako, Kashiwagi Yuki, Goto Moe.
    Said on SNS they won't be able to use their accounts for a while: Tanaka Miku, Chiba Erii, Sato Minami.

Also, giving myself a shout-out, if you're interested in following a Twitter account for updates (photos, news, translations), feel free to follow produce48data

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    would be interesting if Chiba joins, I love her a lot and she definitely has top member potential in a few years but is too young to do well on a show like this at the moment. continued appearances on akbingo are more key for her developing a fanbase in my opinon

• Like Like x 2
  16. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Thrilled to see so many big names in as I had expected.

IMO, I think popular girls have much to gain from this show too. Some girls always get criticised for ranking high cause of one rich fan; this show can really help them become more known since getting on this show exposes them to a completely different audience.

Why would they get a practically unknown girl to promote a show? Deal with it, she's in!

Lol what fail has happened? There is literally no evidence that this has affected Sousenkyo. In fact, getting on this show is promotion for Sousenkyo too. It's not like the girls stop everything they're doing every March to campaign for the Sousenkyo. You think they're politicians? Going around the streets in lorries to talk to the locals?

17. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Out of all those girls who were spotted at the airport, did some of them also said they won't be able to use their SNS accounts for a while too?

Yes I'm still in denial mode

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Rena said on SHOWROOM a couple of days ago she won't be able to use her social media, and Sakura wrote "I'll do my best" on 7gogo.

19. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

there’s like dozens of pics out on the internet of other 48g members in korea. go to onehallyu

• Like Like x 2
  20. Momogu9

Momogu9 Member

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Sakura did just upload a new vid on her youtube though? Or maybe someone else is doing it for her? Unless they're less strict on the dorm rules this season...