TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    But then Yukirin has been in the idol scene longer than your precious SNSD and are as old as her, so participating as a trainee just doesn't make sense (and would probably spark some controversies from both sides). While I don't see any fatal damage could be done by JuriSaku, I can see Yukirin's participation bringing controversies regarding her seniority and the fact that she's famous in Japan already. Sure, not Sayanee level, let alone Sasshi. But her name is out there. (idk abt JuriSaku tho it seems like their name isn't as big as Yuki)

I'm calling it. Yukirin would probably be a guest judge or some sort (and no, it wouldn't be as awkward as the thought Xuan Yi & Mei Qi in PD101China while Chang Xiao is a mentor somewhere else, since Yukirin is a great, ancient senior to all the 48G girls participating)

2. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    While Jurina is just 21, she has been active in the entertainment industry for almost ten years. That's not your typical trainee either.

3. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Jurina’s no youngling either debuting in 2008. Plus consider that she’s actually the most prolific A-side center in 48G history (18 SKE, 5 AKB), even more than Acchan (22 AKB A-sides). It’s baffling that the absolute ace with a decade of center experience is supposed to duke it out with trainees. Yukirin’s got the seniority factor and J’s got the career accomplishments so I’m still struggling to see how they would be contestants. One could make a vague argument for Sakura trying to prove herself as her record is not nearly as impressive as the other two.

4. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    But then it's no secret Jurina's a sore loser and VERY competitive. She might wanna prove something? She won at RH, Janken, and soon she's gonna get the SSK trophy. Maybe she also wants PD48 trophy?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Maybe I'm just not seeing it but is confirmed only 48G girls going to go as the Japanese representatives for PD48? Haven't heard of anyone else sending members or trainees.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Maybe other Japanese trainees too unknown to be spotted at the airport? To be honest I'm not sure what other agencies or labels have trainees instead of debuting immediately

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

7. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I think H!P has a trainee system, but I think their trainee system is more similar to 48G than to KPop (similar to SMRookies, myb?)

Twice's Sana was also an EXILE(I think? The one with E-Girls) trainee before going in to JYP

I'm guessing Idol Street also has a trainee system? Idk tho

8. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I agree that she’s competitive and in any other year she’d be one of the first to sign up for the challenge.

But this year is the best chance she’s ever had at winning SSK and given how much she wants the #1 crown it’s kinda weird she would risk it all with a venture to Korea. Even if she is the heavy favourite to win I’d say there’s enough uncertainty from where all the Sasshi/Mayu voters go + NGT billionaire shenanigans that it would be a lot safer for her to stay in Japan and rally her base. Yes the P48 trophy would be great but compared to the SSK throne? Not so much.

Sakura is the one I would understand risking it all with a Produce venture, her votes are fairly stagnant in growth unlike OgiYuka’s and it is an uphill battle for her to catch up to J so P48 could be the X-factor to help her overcome the 30k+ gap

9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I don't think there are that many risks or else these girls wouldn't be registered for both events.
    I don't think AKS is crazy enough to risk a fan exodus from the sousenkyo either.

As for voting I've been told before the thread was locked that it was free (though IP restricted) in the previous seasons.

10. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I just hope the girls are able to get some free time to participate in both events(ssk and p48 voting), if Jurina wins both P48 and SSK then that's double the media exposure(although it might be tough physically for her but seeing how SKE trained I have hopes for her)

11. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    There’s never been any collab on this scale before, it’s very hard to say whether or not fans may not like the idea of their oshis appearing on this show, especially as hardcore j-pop and k-pop fans aren’t exactly on the best of terms.

I would love Jurina to go down in history as the first double crown holder in 48G but even her iron will might crack under the workload. IOI and Wanna One were pretty heavily worked and it would be insane if J has to balance that with the duties of SSK winner at least for the next few months after election where she’d have the most media presence. We’ve seen her health deteriorate during her kennin phase before when she had to juggle centering both SKE and being a prominent member of team K/AKB senbatsu.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  12. lolipopo

lolipopo Kenkyuusei

if the video does not show watch the video here

It's airing at June 15th

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. jheadz

jheadz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    wait whos the last Japanese trainees speaking in Korean, cant Identify her

14. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    My friend got some list from twitter and Tomu is in(?)

15. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

cool trailer. i thought the last segment with girls in the white room were 48g girls speaking korean at first but i think they were the korean trainees.

16. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    IMG-20180411-WA0000.jpg
    Anyone can read hangeul?

Idk if it's legit but it's from twitter (my friend who's into kpop sent me)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  17. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Many korean girls
    Asai Yuka SKE48
    Umeyama Kokona NMB48
    Shiroma Miru NMB48
    Murase Saya NMB48
    Kurihara Saya HKT48
    Miyawako Sakura HKT48
    Takahashi Juri AKB48
    Mogi Shinobu AKB48
    Kojima Mako AKB48
    Honda Hitomi AKB48
    Chiba Eiri AKB48
    Muto Tomu AKB48
    Nakano Ikumi AKB48
    Kashiwagi Yuki AKB48
    Nakano Serika AKB48

18. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I am glad this thread is open again. And I am so glad my girl Ikumin is participating! I may not know where I'll be able to watch it, but, I am hoping I can watch it on a website I was gifted to by a K-Pop MV reactor youtuber. :D

19. LOP

LOP Kenkyuusei

Too much Kang Daniel lol half of the teaser is about him

And they could have added i.o.i since this season is girls ver. Anyway

• Like Like x 12
  20. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

i think myao tweeted she’s taking a break from her radio show today and her fans replied with good luck in korea

• Like Like x 3