Sasaki Kotoko (Kotoko) / 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by caramujo, May 14, 2013.

1. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    • Like Like x 2
  2. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Amazing!

3. Sno

Sno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
  5. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    • Like Like x 1
  6. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    She's getting used to have lots of solo works :1st: Recently she has started to dress up nicely too :oops: Now I know what idol hell is. It's so fun to watch someone you support grows. I used to get frustrated over her.

7. Sno

Sno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    @vshav you're welcome!

Kotoko is really beautiful in NHK Gundam today. She always smiling and it was nice to see that!

Kotoko really did her best after 46 hours. Many people said she was good too in Ikoma concert and mini live :D
    The only problem is still her handshake. Many still said she alwasy gave salty respond, but i think rather than salty, Kotoko is too serious and doesnt mean to be salty.
    Actually if you can bring an interesting converstation, Kotoko will be more responsive. Like there are report that Kotoko is allergic to apple or Kotoko laughed when someone said he skipped exam just for meet her. So it depends on how the fans bring the converstation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Yeah that sounds like her. I don't think she's salty, at least not in purpose, it just seems like it's hard for her to carry a conversation, so it may be easier if the other person starts it (I can relate to it a lot, lol). Not all girls are the same and KTK is one of a kind, for the good and the bad, so let's hope people will continue to give her chances to grow. It makes me very happy to see her doing more solo stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  9. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    I agree. I don't think she's salty. Instead, she is very very polite and her manner of speech is so respectful. It takes effort to make words come out of her. She understands that she isn't good at talking even though she aims for jobs that require voice. I think people that are her fans can relate about her a lot (as so do I)! I am happy she got people like Karin, Matsumura and Nakada that hang out with her. For the good and for the bad, as among them she tends to just let them carry the conversation.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sno

Sno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Yes! Yes! I am really agree with you all! :D

Sadly not so many people can understand this. Its really sad if i open 2ch forum and found a thread just for mocking Kotoko, They are really can't understand and respect girl :mad:

Btw Kotoko will appear 3 more in Hiroshima radio. I hope she will be more confidience and can improve her communicating skill :D

11. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Wow, really?? Thanks for the info!

I am so happy her thread is livelier nowadays! Let's keep this thread busy haha

Do you guys have any favourite pictures of Kotoko? I've been collecting some of them.

12. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    I personally like this pic a lot hahaha
    https://i1.wp.com/wowpagos.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/27588180_477x636.jpeg?resize=477,460

Here is a translation of her blog on May 5th. Conjyak is updating the website, so we will post it on the website at a later date, but for now i'll post it here.
    Sasaki Kotoko: Announcement

Source Official Blog: http://blog.nogizaka46.com/kotoko.sasaki/2018/05/044747.php
    2018/05/05 11:36

Today, I'll appear on 「Happyō! Zen Gundam Dai Tōhyō」 at 21:00 on NHK BS Premium!
    I casted a vote for the program before I found out that I'd be appearing on it,
    so I was very suprised when I found out that I would appear on it.
    I'm nervous!
    But I'm looking forward to it!

Also,
    I appeared on 「Ramen Walker TV2」!
    I'm sorry that I didn't announced it beforehand...
    The ramen was good!
    Also, it was the first time in my life that I was complimented for how well I slurp noodles.
    Please check out Ramen Walker-san's Official YouTube page to watch an unaired scene!

<pic1>

*Ōkubo Shigeki no 9 Jiraji (radio)
    We did a live public recording of this.
    May 14th at 20:00~
    *JP Standard
    May 26th at 20:00~
    *MUSIC VOICE
    June 13th at 19:55~20:00
    All aired on Hiroshima FM!
    On May 1st, I went to Hiroshima with Kana-san and Maaya-san for the recording.
    By all means, please check it out!

13. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Sasaki Kotoko - 全ガンダム大投票

if the video does not show watch the video here

14. yonsei55

yonsei55 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    omg goddess kotoko!

15. mrhuy0111

mrhuy0111 Kenkyuusei

She has a pretty face but somehow i think she has problem with how to show it to everyone else :(. It's such a waste :(, anw, still love her. PS: can i have some kawaii pic of her?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Sno

Sno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I personally like Kotoko being paired with Ayane or Iori :inlove:

213937698_624.jpg images.jpg
    Sorry i can't find better image quality.

Recently i have researched about her since she joined first time and i found some interesting facts. My conclusion is maybe the current Kotoko is really frustating cause she can't achieve her dream and maybe she also was betrayed by management (??). I will post my research in the next post and it maybe will be long lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    It's the "Nogi 2nd gen syndrome" basically

18. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    She's literally an unpolished diamond kept in a drawer.

If public interaction is the problem, there are countless public relations workshops out there that can help socially awkward people. It's just that management is stingy. Or having the bad luck of being assigned to an unskilled talent manager.

One of the downside of being in a massive idol group I guess. T_T

19. Sno

Sno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I will tell my research about Kotoko! (since i just started following N46 in 2018 so maybe there are info that i am mistaken or missing ^ ^")

- Let's start from when Kotoko still research student :

Its said that Kotoko like sleeping because in the dream she can do something that can't be done in reality. She started to like anime because of influence of her brother. One of the reason she joined N46 because anime Magi's theme song and said if she only live in normal life it is same as she doesn't live so she want to challenge soemthing to prove that she is living.

Since Kotoko didn't have dancing and singing skill, she became struggle at dancing. It was said that she cried everyday because of that, but she didn't give up and said she would not graduate soon. She got advice fom Karin, Nakada and Himeka, and Nakada said that Kotoko is a hard worker. Kotoko was still training until last minute before under live (Dec 2014). She was become center in Girl's Rule and her performance was praised a lot.
    (Kotoko is a hardworker was also proved in Ranze's blog when she was still research student. Ranze said she was also troubled in dance but Kotoko always support her and Ranze got motivated by Kotoko's hard work. She said Kotoko still training when everyone were rest. Someone in twitter said that in Ikoma's graduate concert, Ikoma said the same thing with Ranze. But i can't confirm this is true or not)
    (At this curent time, the latest Kotoko's handshake sold out was 1, and before it was always 0)

In January 2015, when *Inochi wa Utsukushii* was introduced, Iori suddenly was promoted and enter the selection. According to Karin, Kotoko said that she was regret and envy but she still want to improve more. She also frustated cause after 2 years she wasn't promoted yet. But finally she was and other rest member were promoted in Feb 2015, and they were sent to Hiroshima bookstore (Futaba) for interviewing. There were times when Kotoko help Ayane and Miria, cause both of them sometimes struggling to answer the question.

In next single, "Taiyou Knock", Maichun enter the selection instead of Kotoko. Kotoko, Ranze and Maichun's handshake sold out were same (5), but Kotoko and Ranze (par) can sold out faster than Maichun. And Ranze become center for "Border". Maybe this is when Kotoko start become more frustating.
    (In next singles, Kotoko's handshake become 0 or 1 again)

I don't know a lot about Nagashima Seira and her relationship with Kotoko, i only know that she was the cap of under members. I think Kotoko was only really crying on Seira's graduate but not in other member's graduate (or maybe Kotoko doesn't want to show her crying face anymore?)

In middle 2016, there were a report that some fans (around 10 people) made a mess in handshake event, in Kotoko's, Nishino's, Misa's and i forgot the other one's lane. I don't understand the detail but that members were crying and since that time Kotoko smile and response in handshake start to change.

In april 2017, Under National Tour, Kotoko declared while crying that she want to change to become better. There were reposrts since that time Kotoko become more reactive again and using both of hand for first time in handshake. I think that was the reason her handshake become popular again. I don't know what exact time Kotoko become unreactive and using only 1 hand again in handshake. Maybe the cause of Momoko and Yuki enter the selection make Kotoko frustating again. And maybe the song "Under" (I think this is the cruelest song and MV, same as Scoutman beside the MV) made an effect too.

Anyone know that has Kotoko ever being in first or second row in under? Despite her hard work (even when her sould out was increase a lot), but she never move from third row (Correct me if i am wrong ^ ^)

- Some changes year after year that i noticed :

- 2013-2014
    - She was still really cheerful (from her photo in blog).
    - A lot of time she tell about handshake and she was really exited about that

- I don't know she was still talking about handshake or not.
    - Her sad/poker face was shown first time in Dec 2015 - Jan 2016
    2015.jpg
    You can see the difference of her facial change (Before Dec 2015 and after Jan 2016) here :
    http://www.suzukazedayori.com/?mode=cate&cbid=1939271&csid=31&sort=n&page=10

and then this : https://www.facebook.com/nogizaka46...41979.176212752560677/487920681389881/?type=3

I think it is really weird in idol industry to show sad/expresionless idol to public. If Kotoko has a problem at that time, it's better the management ask Kotoko to hiatus instead purposely post her sad face to public. Is this the character that made up by management? Maybe the management want to sell her poker face personality.

- Her handshake report was still good until Dec, some people said she was different in Dec.

- Maybe there were a lot worry and complain, Kotoko back to cheerful again in Feb, but i guess that Kotoko became the recent Kotoko.
    - There was accident in handshake event. Handshake report said that Kotoko's smile start to dissapear and mostly answer with only yes/no.
    - One more time Management purposely show her poker face personality (at 0:27) :

I think this is really bad for Kotoko's reputation since most of fans will be stigmatized that Kotoko is salty and no motivation.

- In start of 2017, Kotoko never post a photo with other member in her blog.
    - Still always talk about N46 activity (song, concert, variety, etc except handshake)
    - Her handshake report become good again.
    - Another one management show her poker face personality in Individual PV. (At 1:40)

Actually tha Poker face is one of her charm but not many people can accept that.

- In start of 2018, Kotoko almost never talk about N46 (variety, song, etc). She only talk about Nogi gaku (Feb) and 46 hours TV when she made a graffity in her own picture (I think she didn't intend to talk about 46 hours content)
    - Most of her handshake report are bad.

- Some strange things happened
    - Dec 2016 Under Xmas show, Kotoko dissapeared in some songs (I don't know why)
    - Feb 2018 Nogiten 2 Cat part, Kotoko show no motivation and dissapeared in second half (I think maybe she was not feeling well or in girl's period?)
    - Atarashii no Sekai MV, Kotoko dissapeared in last dance scene (Maybe Kotoko is not feeling well since most of under members said it was very cold there)
    There is always no explanation from management and that make Kotoko is always judged she has no motivation.

So, from one of the reason why she joined N46 and her obsession from anime, i think she have a bit "chuunibyou" personality.
    Kotoko 2.jpg Beside her usual W-pose, sometimes she poses like this LOL (But i think this is her charm point)

I think she want to be the "protagonist" but sadly all her efforts are fruitless. Maybe the current Kotoko doesnt' so interested in N46 anymore. There is recent handshake report that said "What is the interesting thing being an idol" and Kotoko replied with " Nothing particular" :^^;:.

Actually i have crazy theory (LOL). If Kotoko really "chuunibyou" she may imitating characters from Idolmaster: Cinderella Girl (one of her favourite anime and her favourite characters are : Shiki, Anzu, and Fumika). Shiki is a girl that only motivated by something she interested in. Anzu is a lazy girl. And Fumika is a very shy, dislike to talking to people and anxious easily. They are really fit to Kotoko (Lol) but maybe its just coincidence. Don't take it seriously :p

For me, Kotoko is really kind girl and care for other members. I guess she never absent from handshake event eventhough people said she doesnt interested in handshake. If she doesnt interested in handshake, she could use Gundam shooting until midnight as the reason to absent yesterday's handshake. But Kotoko participate until the event finished. So i think that proved that Kotoko is a hard worker ;). Maybe she have a bit trauma in handshake because that accident, so a bit aware to stranger fans now.

Btw, have anyone seen making of Nogibingo when Kotoko and Ayane being paired?

Both of them are lovely! :inlove:

Or if you see every making that involved Kotoko, you can see the True Kotoko that always smiling and laughing :inlove:

ko.jpg

- Last Side Story
    Actually Kotoko didn't like her name "Kotoko" cause that is old-fashioned name that sound strange in these days. Sometimes she hate herself because that name. But it was changed when she entered N46 cause many fans like her name. Now Kotoko is proud with her name and she have ever said that she want her name become "希望"(Hope) for everyone. I think its better fans to call Kotoko with "Kotoko" instead KTK, or any other nickname. Well, i hope Kotoko still believe that her name could become HOPE!

toko.jpg

Sorry if it was too long and my english are mess :XD:

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. mrhuy0111

mrhuy0111 Kenkyuusei

@Sno: Hopefully, she can join the fukujin soon or such a waste for her work :(