Seeing AKB48 Shows (TOC at first post)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Youkokurama, Nov 16, 2010.

1. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

Cancel Machi GET!!!

I'll be watching the KKS [RESET] performance on the 20th

2. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

Congrats :) Those are the only ones I haven't been applying for LOL I should probably include those too.

Which one are you going to? The afternoon or the evening show?

3. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

the 1800 show, at first I was very reluctant of applying for team 4 and kks shows but now I'll apply for whatever show they have.

4. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

Ah cool, I don't mind applying for the KKS it's just I find reset a bit meh and if I had to watch it would prefer it was team K esp. If miichan was there :) really want to go to team 4 though :) hoping to get a ticket when it's a full team show.

Do you live in Japan then? I just moved here a week ago on a working holiday visa from the uk :) living in Tokyo :)

5. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

yes I currently reside here in Tokyo, well like 45 mins away by JR

6. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    FYI - there's been significant changes to the Ticket Center UI and entry process. Among other things, you must now enter name, gender, and birthdate for guests attending with you.

The guide is probably in need of an update, and I'm happy to assist if Youko doesn't have the bandwidth.

7. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

yeah it's been like that like 3 updates ago iirc but since I'm usually just applying for myself It didn't really affect me much.

oh Team 4 show is a must see!!!!!

8. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

I recently changed my address and it also changed so that rather than the login name I was using before, my userID is now my email address. Guess they've been making a few changes.

Unfortunately doesn't mean you can win tickets any better LOL Just passed 3 week in Japan and applied for every show except 3/4 (birthday month show, enpou only etc) and still not won a ticket to the theatre :(

9. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

don't sweat it too much, got here thanksgiving, and I've been applying for shows but it wasn't til April that I won a show...

10. Kirra

Kirra Kenkyuusei

ah... i'm new in here....
    just wondering do theaters show queued up pretty bad on weekdays? planning my trip to japan on sept, and i want to see akb :D,

or... can someone accompany me? :p

11. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Welcome to Stage!

You will have to apply for the tickets in advance. Please read the first post.
    I'm sure you'll be able to find someone accompanying you to the theater with a notice this much in advance. ;)

12. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

any help to update the guide would be very much appreciated. the main reason i'm not updating the guide anymore is that i really don't have a clue as to what is happening in the theater these days.

if anybody wants to update a certain portion of the guide, just pm me the updated text/pictures and i'll be happy to replace the ones in the guide and give you full credit.

(and the second reason why i'm not updating the guide is because of the insanely small probability that people will be seeing theater shows these days. if its down to 3 cancel machi's per year for a japanese guy who applies for theater tickets EVERYDAY, i really just don't know what to expect anymore...)

13. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Anytime. I'll take a closer look at it and see to what needs updating. We need to update a whole number of our sticky threads.

Is that your own recent experience or something you heard? No doubt it's gotten more difficult to win tickets these days, but that example is extreme. :lame: It really shouldn't be that bad.

14. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

i'm willing to assist in updating this guide. I'll just send a PM to the appropriate members to update it after i'm done revising/updating the current guide.

15. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    I'll get some new Akihabara pictures next week, and I've got current ticket stubs too.

But yeah - between the complete lack of Theater Super Enpou, and the odds of winning a show when you only have a week or so try, it's becoming harder and harder. I think my next long trip I'm going to base out of Osaka and try to apply for all 4 theaters at once [hehe]

16. Kirra

Kirra Kenkyuusei

ah... thank you
    anyway, can someone provide me some information about shows on weekdays, is it possible for me to just go and get tickets? will it be crowded? :D i don't quite understand the situation yet lol

17. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

it's impossible to just go to the theater and get tickets without a lottery win number or cancel machi number... you still need to apply via ticket center to enter their ticket lottery.

18. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    Hi,

As Memory mentioned, there is a very set process to getting tickets and the odds are very low. It's a 240 seat theater and current understanding is that there are 20k to 30k ticket requests per show. Weekdays are sometimes the hardest to win because there is only a single show each night, as opposed to the 2-3 shows you would get on a weekend day.

The best suggestion is to read through the first page of this thread, it will tell you everything you need to do in order to apply using Super Enpou and how to setup a Ticket Center account to apply for tickets that way as well. Then you can apply for whatever shows you can attend and hope for good luck.

BTW - shows are not announced until about 7 days before the performance. So you have plenty of time before you will need to apply.

19. ckeegan

ckeegan Kenkyuusei

I have a question regarding handshake event and would appreciate any advice.

I am planning to go to the saitama AKB handshake event next weekend,
    but the problem is that one of my handshake ticket is number (1) [red] and number (2) [blue] (<-- from the limited edition of manatsu no sounds good), and it seems that ticket (1) can only be used on Saturday and ticket (2) can only be used on Sunday. Do you guys by any chance have any past experience whether or not there will be people willing to trade their tickets at the place that holds the handshake event?
    (I am fine with either going on Saturday or Sunday, but seems like going on Saturday is the best bet in the mean time)

Thanks in advance for the kind help =)

20. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

no you can't trade handshake tickets as you need your receipt(CharaAni) to show to the staff that YOU won that specific handshake ticket.