Shimazaki Haruka (Paruru) / 9th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    i hope Paruru will get roles in Movie soon, from what i see Movie promotion really catch bigger attention than drama...even if you not the main lead

2. Merlin54

Merlin54 Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Cryptic Paru Tweet (deleted)

Paru tweet 7-9-17.jpg

Googles translates it as "I can not make it to words because I can not do it"
    Speculation is that she's referring to her haircut for the new drama (because of the scissors) but is not allowed to describe or show a picture yet. Although, hasn't she already said it will be 'brighter'?

http://paruru.2chblog.jp/archives/1067389592.html#more

In another short-lived deleted tweet. she said, "I am transforming from Yuka to Toch Otome".

3. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Ah, sorry for the confusion. What I meant was, since Paruru isn't the lead, maybe her fans wont bother to power vote for her for this pole since they won't really get anything from it even if her new show tops the voting.

Is chihayafuru any good? What show did she play the role of a hacker?

4. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

My bad as well.

Well, how much you like Chihayafuru may depend on if you liked the original manga and subsequent anime. I liked both so I liked the movies. May also depend on if you find competitive karuta entertaining. I found it interesting enough that I learned to rules (there aren't many) so things made more sense. Apparently the movies did well enough that they are filming a third. She played hacker Takasugi Mao in Kaito Yamaneko.

5. KuroBara

KuroBara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Ah... I was wondering if you were referring to Yamaneko. Here's to hoping Paruru will take a different route. Coz Hirose's characterization was kind of the one I immediately envisioned when I heard about the hacker girl role. I don't think I can stand melodramatic-Paruru though, the way Hirose did it.
    Then again, the motive for picking up hacking in Tochiotome's case is because she got dumped by her bf for being useless and no-good. So, am looking forward to seeing how she plays a woman scorned (I'm predicting a lot of humour because she seems to be making that her niche). But most of all, I just want Paruru to get away from tsundere roles.

6. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Ohhh... so she's that girl! I tend to not bother with the casts when watching series and movies. I watch, I enjoy, then I move on. If by chance I watch another series or movie with an actor or actress who i've already seen before, chances are, I wont recall unless he or she stood out for me. And even if they stood out, I've never once looked up an actor or actress to try and find more films on them. My reasoning is that, they're actors and actresses and there's no assurance that I'll like the other shows that they were in. But if I look for and watch series and movies base on what I like, then chances are high that I'll enjoy it regardless of who starts in it.. until Paruru that is. This girl, she's making me do things that I normally wouldn't do, like watching shows without subtitles. I mean, whats the point if I dont understand anything. But now, I could care less, as long as I see Paruru doing her thing. There's something about her that just draws me in.

Kaito Tantei Yamaneko started out good for me. But as it progressed, I started loosing interest. Luckily, I managed to finish the series. Its one of those shows thats good for a single pass through and then you forget all about it.. IMO of course. As for Hirose Suzu, I can't say her character was really that convincing. But I blame that on the script. Some actual geek talk would have done some good. Not just have someone pound on a keyboard and call it "hacking".

edit:
    I sure hope they don't make Paruru's hacking role like that. Pounding on a keyboard and calling it hacking is lame. Then again, thats how almost everyone try to portray it sooo...
    I dont know if its me or its because I watch with subtitles, but I didn't really find Hirose's acting memorable..

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  7. Merlin54

8. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Possible interpretations are
    1. She can't put into words or explain it because she's not allowed to or;
    2. She can't find the right words to express herself. Maybe its so funky that no words can describe it

Transforming from Yuka to Toch Otome... method acting? Paruru was able to give life to Yuka since she was able to relate to the character, now, she's "becoming Toch Otome".. starting with the hair I guess.. I wonder what parallels she'll use to relate to her new character..

I hope its not the "being dumped angle" as that would mean that she had a secret relationship and got dumped herself.. that would make me very sad.. well not really, I'd be happy for her finding someone as long as the dood is an "ikemen" haha.

9. Merlin54

If she wanted to tweet something about her new character but wasn't allowed to, then it's another episode in the 'I can't write what I want to write' rant that she had a few weeks back, lol

A couple of longer clips from recent episodes of Hiyokko:-

Ep #133
    http://www.bilibili.com/video/av14241964/?from=search&seid=4651186695686201180
    Ep #134
    http://www.bilibili.com/video/av14253396/?from=search&seid=4651186695686201180

Edit:

Is this the new hairstyle (but hiding the colour?)

5f604975-s.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYzrQvWgH1i/

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  10. KuroBara

KuroBara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^a japanese tweet i read predicted that actually that might be the colour. like, burn your eyes pink hair.
    definitely can't be that hairstyle because that is the furthest you can get from gyaru hair.

11. Merlin54

^ Ahh, so it's the colour (I'd call it magenta) of the image that's significant, not the hairstyle. According to this article , (old news but in English), she plays "Tochiotome who looks like any other young girl on the street"

Can't wait to see what this 'any other young girl' looks like in reality.

12. GATX105

GATX105 Member

The hacker in the drama crisis (araki yuko) would be better for paru than the one in kaito yamaneko but I think paru has a different vibe than either one.
    But it'll be more interesting to see if she can be a good compliment to takei emi. Paru's been real busy getting all these roles.

13. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I'm really curious as to what her hair will be. I've seen a lot of different hair styles on Paruru and I've liked every single one that I've seen so far. Maybe its because she's really fair skinned which lets her get away with a lot of hair styles and hair colors that would normally look not so good on someone with a darker skin shade.

14. Merlin54

15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I'm only watching the Paruru cuts of Hiyokko that get posted on this thread, so I don't understand the story or anything, but it looks like something changed in the drama? Paruru's hairstyle is suddenly different, her make-up too. maybe this is some years later (in the story)? anyway I really like her hair in this episode #140, this kind of hairstyle is my fav for Paruru! So pretty and cute <3

16. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    ^
    ^^
    Yeah she looks amazing.

17. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  18. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
  19. KuroBara

KuroBara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Looking great! but also looking different. Just as Mana said, don't know how the visuals for Yuka changed this drastically. But I guess since it's coming to a close, and whatever that was with her family got resolved, don't think we'll be seeing much of her after this on Hiyokko... or are we?

20. Merlin54

^ one or two more, I think. There aren't many episodes left.

Google Translation of that article posted by @sscrla. It almost makes sensible English.

Actress Shimazaki Haruka (23) visits the aquarium in Tokyo on holidays. I want to see is not a cute fish or a rare fish, but a flock of sardines."Sardine tornado" in which a large number of sardines move in one direction and become like a tornado. When you are staring at it, you feel the heart has been purified. Why can you be drawn so much .... There, what you are seeking as an actress is hidden. A giant aquarium that shines pale in a dimly-lit space of the aquarium. Among them, countless sardines are swimming in the same direction. While most people pass by in a short time, only one person stands fascinated. I notice it, more than an hour has passed. "I feel that time is stopping when I am watching. I concentrate and I can not hear the surrounding sound.If it is said that I can keep staying forever, I can watch it all day because my legs hurt, I would like to sit down on the chair if possible, "she laughs. I was interested in about a few years ago when I was still enrolled in AKB. When I visited the aquarium in Tokyo using vacation, my feet stopped in front of the aquarium, which was not particularly aimed. " Oh! Sardines are spinning, everyone is moving in the same direction.One occasionally I will move another, but I will return to original soon again. Human being like this movement I thought, "What do you believe in sardines are moving in one direction?" In the  AKB era, as response to fans was cold, it was said that "salt correspondence". I was not very good at socializing, and I did not fully blend into the group. It was clumsy and said "Ponkotsu". The sardine desperately swimming so as not to leave the flock is as if it were Shimazaki's own projection.
     "I never thought of myself wanting to enter the aquarium, it is difficult to put the feelings of watching sardines in words.I have a deep thing. When I see it I will make it suzy(?). But it is still difficult to express its charm. It is a feeling that I can not put it into words well ... It is not good that I can not explain with brief words. A reality that can not be conveyed by a simple expression. That is what is strongly demanded as an actress."

Edit: Weekly visit to that viewer ratings / poll site: (https://tvkansou.info/hiyokko/)

Average for Hiyokko week 23 was 21.8% and for the series; 20.21%

In the poll, Paruru is on 876 votes, 212 ahead of second place.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017