Shiraishi Mai (Maiyan) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by kimunlimited, Feb 19, 2012.

1. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    A lot of Nogi's members got bullied when they were young. Nanase, Ikoma for examples. This problem is pretty bad in Japan, but of course, they (the Government and the medias) are doing really good to hide the bad sides of their society.

2. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

I think the way Ikoma accept the bullying is much worse. Even her parent knows about it from her teacher. She hide her feeling even from her mom :cold:

3. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Someone that calls Maiyan "busu" is a complete idiot to begin with.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    How the fuck they can call her busu? I mean look at this latest Maquillage CM.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Lmao, ima try so hard to make fun of this to sound tabloid like columnist
    ------------------------------------
    A Truly Breaking News: The Queen Shiraishi Mai was (another) Bullied Victim? - Big Question for Japan Educational System has Raised!!

[​IMG]

Thing is not new actually as she had implied it in the past occasion but refuse herself to talk and sell the story more.
    Only this occasion, seems the well-known, gratuitous tabloid bunshun so fired up to dig some real sh1t in her hometown but instead got more sympathetic details to sell from current most beloved idol in japan, and yeah seems her schooltime back then was indeed pretty nasty.
    Adding more,
    idk but now im straightly feel that showbiz anywhere might attract that sort of traumatize people. Maybe like to change, self-prove, or put an actual meaning in their life, whether they were or were not aware by that nature, or just simply, act out of despair.
    Also Im not that expecting this stuff will be that showy in mainstream idol, not like lot of chika(underground) idols which is by the impression, is like filled more by social reject, bullied victims and even broken home. And don't talk about gravure or even AV actress.

Jap gov, educational board and media -like elsewhere- i believe already put some effort against these bad side of their society -in this case their prevalent bullying culture- tho' i do feel, there still some contradictory nature. I suppose thing already progress well but it doesn't completely fix, yet.

What make thing harder is, it already long evolved into another form. from direct, physical and verbal shape of bullying into more -hard to solve- indirect, passive, legit psychological ways. Like group of friends/classmate can just stop talk to and ignore the targeted person for some -what could be- irrational reasons which thing often end up as tricky discrimination and isolation school politic, where the poor person couldn't make any friend at all. before the person finally end up on his/her hermit, recluse phase, this case was often lose from teacher and parent eyes.

thing sound scarier also, talk their society in general. the high tendency to group themselves, strict social hierarchy, burdening social construct, and less of valuing individuality make bullying not only youth problem but also adult themselves can suffer the same fate -like workplace bullying for example-
    Few occasions i saw them depicted the so honourable job-like teacher that supposedly educating , somehow also bullying their "unfitted" colleague. In some sense, that's the best irony one can get. yet we talk the stereotype salaryman here. Ppl in my country also has these sort of thing, actually. And i believe many asian countries - the holy eastern culture in general - also have this tendency. But i guess none like japan. I heard S. Korean is pretty nasty too in that regard. Not that im fully support western values to takeover as neither side is perfect nor will work in same way.

Unfortunately these maiyan's story will just end up as another sensationalised-sympathy-jerking, hypocritically the moment it's craved, rather than become inspirational in a way add more breath of consciousness for their sociocultural.
    As human get short term memory, thing pretty unlikely. Just like another dozen, forgotten stories.

~ writer is hori miona oshi but end up messing with maiyan thread.
    love exploring japanese pop culture and exaggerating their social, non political issue. currently get a lot free time "deconstructing" English language and mimicking clickbait article.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    All this talk of bullying reminds me, did you see Nanase’s kojin PV from 22nd single? Also, BabyMetal’s song?

It’s amazing at where she is now. Justice is served.

7. Toffee

Toffee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    Doiya_no_Oshi
    I know about Maiyan being bullied. But when did they mentioned about Naachan and Ikoma being bullied?

8. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Kanashimi no Wasurekata?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    And that bully story might also the reason why she didn't become an ambassador of her hometown.

10. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    5th Year Birthday Live = Hashimoto Nanami's Graduation Concert
    7th Year Birthday Live = Nishino Nanase's Graduation Concert
    ??? Year Birthday Live = Shiraishi Mai's Graduation Concert

I think if she wants to be forever Nogizaka it would be cool of her to make sure her graduation is going to be on the one guaranteed Nogizaka concert BluRay, their Birthday Lives...

11. Toffee

Toffee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    Doiya_no_Oshi
    5, 7,... and 9? But I'm kind of worried it would be 8.

12. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    my thoughts exactly, well the you know past is past but the experience is still there.
    b-but... i'm not ready yet, i know a lot of people expecting her to graduate anytime now but i feel like i couldn't take it for now. and honestly speaking i can't imagine if ikuchan announce her graduation on the same year where maiyan decided to graduate too.... (i'm being selfish and i know it, i'm really sorry for this)

13. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Either 8, 9, or any one in between. She's as ready as anyone.

It comes for all idols. Don't be afraid for her. Just support her now and forever.

If Nogi is down to one ace, I'm glad it's Maiyan. Of course, I'm not saying Nogi is lacking, but like Nanase said, I'm glad Maiyan is a Nogizaka Queen.

• Like Like x 2
  14. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    Cm

15. Apple

Apple Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    if we talk about Maiyan graduation. I think she's ready from far away. maybe even before nishino announc her graduation. it's just that there must be one thing or another so she can't carry it out. I think she will announce her graduation when 4th generation debuts. we have to get ready for the bomb announcement.

16. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

As someone mentioned before, in Nogi she find someone to love and someone who really love her like Matsumura, Ikuta, etc. While before join Nogi, her mom even labelled her as 'the girl who build the wall'. She dind't trust other people. Maybe because the bullying she get.
    So it's save to say that Nogi is her comfort zone.
    Also i don't think 4th gens coming will affect anything to her. Management surely will hold her at least untill whoever called next face/ace of Nogi establish their image on Public. Maintain Nogi's popularity after 2 of their most popular member graduated this year.

But i agree with you that she's ready from far away.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    • Winner Winner x 4
  18. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Photobook queen last year. CM queen and face of the year this year. So proud of Maiyan's achievement.:1st:
    Of course another achievement for me is another solo center after 5 years and not graduating this year. :hehe:

19. mousou

mousou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    you definitely forget synchronicity's solo center :lol::lol:

20. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Yes, synchronicity is what I meant by "another solo center after 5 years", 5 years after Girls Rule.

• Like Like x 1