Shiraishi Mai (Maiyan) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by kimunlimited, Feb 19, 2012.

1. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I don't think Maiyan still being in the group has anything to do with the 26th single.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    It's a limbonic situation for her. If she really wants to ends her nogi career with a full blown gradcon, she needs to wait until this covid-mess is more or less gone but with the current "2nd waves" going on in the world (I'm not aware of the current situation in Japan), this could be a while.

3. muhyoujou

muhyoujou Kenkyuusei

How can there be a 26th single if they haven't even started the 25th single's handshake events

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

I think she should graduate without any concert at this time. Perhaps she may hang around until her birthday next month. I doubt there will be any improvement with COVID anytime soon here in Japan. When we finally defeat COVID then maybe have a "special/honorary" graduation concert if she still wants one. It would be nice for the fans but I'm sure everyone will understand if she doesn't want one later on in the future.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Yeah the thing barring Nogi's 26th single is Maiyan and not the current pandemic lol??? Do I need to link an article with the spike in cases for Tokyo? The number of celebrities contracting COVID?

We haven't even gotten the full MV for Route 246 yet! Yet you are acting like the group has been stagnant for like 2 years... Also highly doubt that they will release a full single if they can't do handshake events. They will probably continue doing smaller digital releases like Route 246, same with Keyaki and probably with Hinata.

• Winner Winner x 3
  6. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Other 48/46 are releasing new singles during these months so it can't be all due to the pandemic the reason.

I bet we're not gonna have a 26th single until she officially graduates. Since 25th is her last one and 26th should be post-Maiyan (maybe that's why "route 246" is not their 26th one but juat a stand-alone single).
    But 26th single or not, the more the months go by, the more I think she should graduate for good, cause I don't like this stagnant situation.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

46 hours and 2 songs at this f*cking time but it's stagnant. Okay.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Things are much slower, but I wouldn't call it stagnant. And I hope they will keep it slow if that means they will stay healthy.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. muhyoujou

muhyoujou Kenkyuusei

Other 48/46 groups are not releasing new singles, other groups that either don't have pending handshake events or have moved them to an online meeting format are releasing new singles
    Keyakizaka is releasing their new song digitally and I presume the new Hinata song for the CM campaign will also follow that format since they also have backed-up handshakes
    Nogi has digitally released 2 songs to date since the 25th single
    Don't be so vocal when you have so little knowledge on what you're saying, it looks poorly on you

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Japan is getting 1,000 new cases daily now. Of course there are plenty of places in worse conditions but what's jarring is to see the entertainment industry try to continue on, leading to all these celebs contracting the virus. Actor Yokohama Ryusei got it while working on a stage play and I believe the 48G members (AKB48 Kayoko Takita and NGT48 Seiji Reina) probably got it while doing theater stuff.

Celebs aren't immune to it. I would much rather wait until next year for a regular release then force something and risk one of the members getting infected.

Additionally, I have to mention that if one member does happen to get infected... they will probably be ostracized for it and receive tons of hate from online. In my family's prefecture someone's house literally got stoned and vandalized when their neighbors found out that they tested positive. Also arson threats, and being called a murderer for just testing positive is a thing too. Sadly, It's not merely getting sick that's the issue.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    stagnant situation for Maiyan's graduation, not for the group. I mean, it's a bit stagnant for the group too but for obvious reasons.

12. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I don't think Maiyan would back off her words, that would reflect poorly on her. I also don't think there will be grad concert until vaccine is available which will be next year. By that time I think any grad concert would be fine for her and the fans, there is no need to aim for Tokyo dome.
    In the mean time, Maiyan can stay around but focusing more on individual job while occassionally appearing for Nogi.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    I just realized after catching up on NogiDoko and Nogizaka Koujichuu that there will be several singles that need Maiyan replacement since she was the center. Who will probably replace her spot when she officially graduated? I think Kodoku Kyoudai will be gone forever

14. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    No songs will be gone forever just because all the members graduate, they will just find a replacement members. Maiyan has tons of B-sides duets and small units. Asuka would probably take Synchronicity since I've seen her centering that song before.

15. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Maichun and Umemayo can do it. The only song I can think of atm that is gone forever is Marika's 17.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    we all just gonna miss the original unit, songs are still there but i think it will be play seldom

17. Kazeka

Kazeka Kenkyuusei

The only songs that will be "gone" are probably the generational songs. Especially if they have strong ties to a certain generation (like Sanbanme and Yonbanme).

18. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Against, Scoutman, Live Kami, and Border won't gone. It is still performable.

19. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

How a unit song will be gone forever when a solo song has been sung by another member or unit before?

20. Edward900

Edward900 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    How about Kokoro no Monologue? The Maiyan-Nanase duet...