So Nyuh Shi Dae/SNSD/Girls' Generation

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by Aigon, Mar 2, 2008.

1. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    So they said she could do it...then got her stuck in a position where she would be forced out? So many reasons for why management and the members changed their mind, but they botched this regardless. It's not like AKB where you can just substitute a member, so I can see how complicated it would be to just promote an album without her (and she gets a lot of lines too). Seems striking out on your own and being in a Kpop group isn't so easy.

2. omw9

omw9 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    It's either Jessica must have done something terribly wrong or the other side was being a bish & couldn't put up with her any longer OR there really was a miscommunication b/w everyone. Idk, but if we go by what's been said then Jessica's initial plan was to start her business next year (and possibly get married?). Everyone agreed that this would happen only AFTER the group's concert in Tokyo Dome and the girls' last album for the fans. They were cool with it until, for some inexplicable reason, Jessica decided to rush with her plans and conflict arose. I mean for all I know Jessica could be playing the victim's card here. Just look at her official statement (written by her PR agency). It states that she never thought of leaving the group but then in another interview she said she's thought of it multiple times a day. I mean it just doesn't make sense to kick one of your most popular talents out of the group if there wasn't a 'justifiable' reason to do so. No one except SM and the girls know what really went on BTS. All I'm doing is speculating and I could be wrong so lol

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  3. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Dispatch - oh that most annoying of sites - has released a Q&A with some people close to Jessica (apparently). Clears a couple of questions up for me, see what you think:

http://blog.koreaboo.com/post/98854586408/breaking-dispatch-releases-18-q-a-report-with-those

Questions and answers are below in case the link doesn't work:

Dispatch’s new report comes after the media company spoke to 3 close friends of Girls’ Generation, one being extremely close to Jessica.
    The notes by Dispatch read as follows, below:

Q1: The most important, was it “Leaving” or “Leave.”
    "I’m Leaving". This is what Jessica said, revealing she wanted to leave repeatedly both in January and July of 2014. The members didn’t tell her to leave, they asked to choose between [her business] or [Girls’ Generation].
    Q2: Lets check by comparing Jessica in January and July, what did Jessica say?
    Last January, Jessica revealed she wanted to get married. In July, after Girls’ Generation concert in Japan, Jessica revealed she wanted to stop promotions. She revealed she “could not go on any longer” and needed to find her own life.
    Q3: She wants her own life? Is it marriage to Tyler Kwon?
    Witnesses revealed that she did not have determination to be in Girls’ Generation activities. She repeatedly said she wished to study overseas next year, that she was looking into attending school, creating a fashion business, and that, “If I quit Girls’ Generation, I will become a designer.”
    Q4: How did other members take in Jessica’s story?
    Girls’ Generation members just wished Jessica would give her best in the last album, if she was going to get married and start a fashion business.
    Q5: So did Jessica do her best in order to be part of Girls’ Generation?
    So was she doing her best as a Girls’ Generation member during their activities? She didn’t have time. She was extremely busy with Tyler Kwon and concentrated on the Blanc fashion brand.
    Q6: In this incident, leaving Tyler Kwon out of the pictures seems inevitable?
    Jessica had a Tiffany&Co engagement ring, and told members she would be getting married next September in Hong Kong. Tyler Kwon was with her at every schedule she attended.
    Q7: During this crisis, had the brand BLANC has already launched?
    No member disagreed that she could start a fashion business. But, no one thought it would be this quick and they believed it would be after she was married. Members asked her one thing, “Don’t let the business become your priority, and try to work hard on Girls’ Generation activities.”
    Q8: Did SM Entertainment give permission to Jessica to start her business?
    SM Entertainment did not block her business, and her contract did not say she cannot have personal businesses so they were forced to approve it.
    Q9: The conflict got worse after launching of ‘BLANC’
    She had already planned out her life after getting out of Girls’ Generation, to create a portfolio (as to not take the SATs) and was focused on launching her brand fast in order to do this.
    Q10: It seems that Jessica talked of leaving in the beginning?
    Jessica said she would do one last album and focus on her “dream” later. She was more focused on personal activities, so members pleaded with her to focus on Girls’ Generation activities, at least until the last album.
    Q11: It was heard that Jessica had a sudden change in mind?
    Dispatch received information on September 15th that after some discussion, Jessica said she would want to continue to be in Girls’ Generation after getting married.
    Q12: She wanted to do both? (Korean idiom: Catching the rabbit)
    Jessica did not want to let go of her business or Girls’ Generation. She invested too much money into her business, and the other 8 members wanted her to wait until after their promotions as a courtesy to fans.
    Q13: We heard there was a sudden meeting in September?
    In September, it was decided it would be difficult for Jessica to participate fully in fan tours or the last album, so they hosted a meeting to discuss and asked for a final decision.
    Q14: What was the result of the meetings?
    The group had 2 - 3 meetings, and then Jessica left to New York thinking there was no need to talk further. She returned one day before the fan meeting, but the members felt that for too long, Girls’ Generation had become her 2nd job, and not her priority.
    Q15: What is Tyler Kwon’s involvement in BLANC?
    Jessica put more of her money into BLANC than Tyler Kwon did. His job was to launch it in China, helping her get the sunglasses into Chinese and Hong Kong department stores.
    Q16: What is BLANC’s position in China?
    In China, BLANC is really popular as it is by “Girls’ Generation” Jessica. They were looking into Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Shanghai and other countries for expansion.
    Q17: It seems that there could be conflict within the members?
    Jessica is not interested in making money with ‘BLANC.’ This is about her ability to succeed. We could also assume the effects of her marriage rumors in this situation as well.
    Q18: Could Jessica re-join Girls’ Generation?
    The chances of Jessica returning to Girls’ Generation is less than 10%. If anything, for her to come back, she has to make the first move. But, it may be too late now, especially with Tyler Kwon involved.

Below, Jessica supposedly with an engagement ring... and for those who do not know what he looks like, Tyler Kwon.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
  5. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    They've been together so long that I'm starting to wonder how long each of them plans to keep going with the group. Seeing the video made me realize just how long ago Gee was already, it's amazing Jessica has been with them this far.

SNSD really had a strong bond for so many years. In the world of Kpop, that's a difficult achievement.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  6. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Yuri said some months ago that she doesn't know how long SNSD can last.
    They had all just signed contracts with SM for another 3 years when Jessica got the boot, so we at least have that long.
    However, she wanted to leave after doing one last album with the group, which present the possibility that it could have been their last.

I watched part of their debut performance last night, and beforehand Jessica was basically having a panic attack, she was so nervous.
    So I agree with you, it is amazing that she has stayed with them so long.

I also watched Gee last night, which was released 5 years ago.
    They debuted 7 years ago... and then you look at them now. What stunning ladies they've become.

Probably asked before but who is everyone's bias here?
    I have been a Hyoyeon bias from the start. <3

7. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    I've always had a hard time choosing a favorite member, but I guess I would have to say Sunny when I think about it. She was always kinda the fun one to me.

8. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

My bias has always been Sooyoung, I've always thought she's stunning, and I love her hilarious personality. It's a shame they don't go to varieties all that often anymore, and whenever they go, it's the vocal line, god bless them, but they bore me to literal tears. Yuri/Yoona/Soo/Hyo/Sunny are where it's at for the ridiculousness and fun. About the Jessica thing, I can see both sides of the picture, and maybe having been into J-pop and more specifically idol J-pop for so long I tend to lean more towards GG's side of the argument? I mean, Jessica wanted out for so long, she was even criticized because she didn't even do the headbang thing in IGAB and her dancing and lipsynching got increasingly sloppier all the time. I don't think she wanted to leech off GG's fame to launch her brand, I just think she wanted too many things at the same time, and while GG was probably her priority (I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, even though she's not one of my faves, I like all of them. Taeyeon a bit less after being brainwashed by a million gifs of her being bitchy oh well), in a business as insanely demanding and taxing as the idol world, trying to juggle being a performer with launching an entire fashion brand was going to be way too hard.

From what I understand, she attended all of their schedules, but sometimes she wouldn't make it to the rehearsal, just the performance itself. While I understand that she was planning ahead etc I think it probably got to a point where her groupmates just thought it was disrespectful. Sure thing, Jessica would still perform with them, but she hadn't showed up for rehearsals, was probably tired and thus delivered an ultimately lackluster performance a lot of the times. I did notice how much Jessica's solo lines decreased after she was the lead for THE BOYS, and I wondered why, but I think maybe she was just burnt out from trying to do so many things at the same time. And well, I also think it's a bit of eastern vs. western mentality, what with Jessica being raised in America and stuff. She doesn't think it's wrong to find her own path and plan for her own life, while doing some GG on the side, because I'm sure she wanted to stay in the group because she loved it. But for the korean members, it was disrespectful that she didn't think all GG all the time, and wasn't 100% there, and already talking about future plans. Idk, I think it's hilarious how american netizens are all #teamjessica and "you go girl" "break free" and whatever, and Korean fans are all "she's a shameless greed monster" and "she wasn't truly committed to the group"

Or maybe Jess is right and they all ganged up on her and kicked her out because Taeyeon was the mean Queen Bee and was jealous of her mojo.

I've obviously given this scandal way too much thought, but it breaks my heart. And Jess was not even in my top 5. But still. They meant so much to me ;_; I mean, as a fan I knew right during Mr.Mr promotions that most of them had already mentally checked out from the group and didn't care anymore, and then the half assed japanese 3rd album, and the half assed concert tour performances (because the girls were damn tired, I get it, but they were on a whole 'nother "I don't care" level compared with former performances, when they were even busier). I just think I was in denial and thought that SNSD would truly be forever, and that they would truly support each other even after they got married and would be cutely talking about their kids on TV or whatever. Idk, this is too much for me to handle.

And f(x) which was another of my faves also imploded this year :( and I think FIESTAR too. Not to mention, my actual favorite members from Ladies Code passed away... I just chose a terrible year to focus on K-pop basically.

9. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    My bias has been Hyoyeon since I discovered the group nearly three ago. She was the only blonde one, she had so much swag and genuine appeal.
    I later discovered that she is most popular among Europeans and was a little crushed, but I have never once thought about switching from her.
    To me, she is a little like my f(x) and forever ultimate bias Amber, a bit tomboyish and very funny.

@True_Beginner - I love Sunny. She is the hidden gem of SNSD, with that stunning under-used voice and her charming sex appeal.

@garnetjester - Sooyoung has taken a long time to grow on me, and now I really like her. I watched her on a recent variety show when - get this - ALL of SNSD were present. Might have been the last one Jessica appeared on before she left. Was Chinese :) anyway, Sooyoung was very fun. She also seemed the most fun on Hello Baby too.

I also agree that some of the Mr Mr promotions were a little... flat.

The problem with SM is they are not open enough. Also that there are too many voices trying to be heard in this situation, as with some of the other SM problems right now.

2014 has been dubbed the K-pop-ocalypse because of all the bad things that have happened.
    For a full list... see below. And we still have two months of the year to go D=

[​IMG]

10. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

And that's leaving out Jan 1, when Yoona and Sooyoung were revealed to be dating, IIRC. Yeah, it's been a hell of a year.

11. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    SNSD are currently recording a new album!

Tiffany has released sneaky pictures of her in the studio, and Yuri and Sooyoung have asked us to look forward to it :)

8 Member SNSD will soon be upon us!

Meanwhile ex-member Jessica has said she would like to form a unit with her sister Krystal in f(x), something that has seriously annoyed netizens.
    I am with them in that Jessica should leave Krystal to have her own career.

Will add more details as they emerge!

12. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Still no date as to when they return as 8 members...

Meanwhile Jessica is being extremely active!

She has released pictures from within a recording studio in New York, fuelling the rumours that she will debut as a solo artist and very possibly in Japan.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/02/jessica-spotted-in-the-recording-studio-in-nyc

Former AKB member Tomochin has also helped this along by stating at a recent fan-meet to look out for her friend Jessica.
    Jessica has also been promoting the new spring range for Blanc and Eclare, modelling sunglasses!

I will try to upload pics and links to all of this later :)

EDIT:

As promised, some more stuff related to the above.

Jessica and Blanc:

[​IMG]

She is also apparently promoting for:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  13. airi

airi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Have any of you seen Hyoyeon's hair? It's...blue/green. And Yuri's is blondeish. I believe this is in prep for their new Japanese single that they just went to Japan to work on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Oooooh I had not seen that and now I wish I hadn't.
    As my bias, I feel that is not a good look for her.
    Hyoyeon = blonde. For life.

Going along with the single prep, looks like Yoona is back with a new look too:

[​IMG]

Further recent news:

TaeTiSeo promoting bags.
    Very well.

[​IMG]

A couple of the stunning images from Yoona in Elle Magazine. So much wow for her.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. haruka is harugon

haruka is harugon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakagawaharuka
    i'm newbie for 48 things here, i started to like 48 family just because of Haruka Nakagawa, the new star in my country because of her hilarious personality and of course her story too. but i'm originally die hard fans of SNSD or Girls' Generations. Seeing the thread about the girls here, it amused me. i tought that j pop fans do not like the k pop and vice versa. but the reality is not that. hehe. anyway, my bias is Yoona.

And the girls is about to release their comeback. i'm so exciting, even though they just 8 now. bit sad, but that's the truth. i just bought JKT48 CD and now my savings is likely to go to another CD and of course it will be GG. GG fighting!! AKB48 and JKT48 too. :)

16. airi

airi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    ok yoona looks flawless with blue eyeliner.

also hi, newbie!!! SNSD are my ultimate group too! I'm OT9 (well, SNSD + Jessica)/Sooyoung biased. I love them all so much aha.

And. Yuri is doing things! She's looking great. She cameod in a k-drama and she had a photoshoot recently!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Are 2015 Better korean music??
    Kmusic needs Something wery new?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  18. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    @harugon is harugon
    Hi! :) I actually love Korean music as much as Japanese, so I focus equally on both :)

New SNSD release!
    'Catch Me If You Can'!

if the video does not show watch the video here

It received 5.5 million views in the first 3 days of its release!
    What does everyone think of it?
    A Japanese release will also be forthcoming.

A friend and I have been discussing this new direction for the eight members.
    This is more of a dance/performance focused song, and it's great to see them really pushing their dance. Sunny and Yoona seem to be getting more lines which is always good.

The B side to this, 'Girls', also deserves a big mention:

if the video does not show watch the video here

If you look at the lyrics and the general feeling around this song, it sounds like it is directed at and meant for Jessica.
    The whole song is very emotional and has quickly become a favourite!

A few of the members have confirmed that they are working on a comeback, so looking forward to it!

They also recently released THE BEST Live at TOKYO DOME, which I saw part of while in Japan and actually seemed to do really well! It is their live DVD of their special concert held in December last year.

Meanwhile in Jessica Land...

She turns 27 on Saturday! She signed 700 personalised polaroids for fans at her birthday fan meet a week before her birthday:

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/192391/20150414/jessica-jun-birthday-polaroid.htm

She is also rumoured to be joining a Chinese show with ex-EXO members Wu YiFan and Lu Han.

19. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

7 439 763 views[​IMG], 202 k likes 23k unlikes

20. Yukitie

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    CONFIRMED

Yuri is in a relationship with a baseball player.

EDIT with further info:

SM have confirmed that Yuri is in a relationship with baseball player Oh Seung Hwan.

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015...lationship-with-baseball-player-oh-seung-hwan

There are also pictures of them on dates!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015...-oh-seung-hwan-pictures-of-their-date-surface

Yuri looks very happy and is laughing in most of the pictures.
    Apparently they met at the end of last month and are getting to know each other.

This means that Hyoyeon, Sunny and Seohyun are the last 'single ladies' of SNSD.
    Anyone else think they should start a Beyonce tribute act?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015