Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Elementaljyt

Elementaljyt Kenkyuusei

@ithebigc, @Cristafari, @ForrestFuller

This suggestion is two folds. I can understand the creation of new threads are important for the immediate discussions, but too often I haven seen them opened without a proper OP. This isn't a problem for single's threads but for new members or events threads this is really bare boned and uninformative. Most importantly please keep them updated.

example:
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/akb48-45th-single-senbatsu-sousenkyo-16-6-18.14617/
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/tsukiashi-amane-amane.15956/

For threads I think these should be the templates:
    For Event threads: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/41st-single-senbatsu-sousenkyo-june-6-2015.9068/
    For new member threads: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/nojima-kano-kanochan.16253/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For official announcement post, can we mandate that names to be written as family Name first then their individual name. AKB48G entertainment is predominately shown in Japanese where naming conventions are the opposite of that of the west. For those who are veteran watchers, I think using the individual name first creates a rather immersion breaking dissanounce. For new fans, they have to turn the names back in order to figure which member was being refering to. It would be easier for new fans to learn these names if we can make the learning smoother by matching their romanized names with the way their names are read on televsion. But most importantly, it would be respectful if we can at least observe the most basic of Japanse customs.

2. rka

rka Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Matsumoto Chikako
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    Before you start new threads, i was thinking if you should use different names than used for the deleted ones; just in case database entries could be overwritten.

3. Silenka

Silenka Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name) Retired Staff

Gotta agree here, this should be a standard. For people who are used to seeing Japanese names it's incredibly weird to see them the wrong way around. Flipping them to match Western convention happens somewhat often here on the forum and I don't understand why people feel the need to do so. It is a really small thing but despite that it's always an "um...woah, what" moment when I come across it.

4. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    @ithebigc Woow so that is what happened, is very strange indeed. I can´t believe some people can be so mean and delete threads.
    Is really sad for the fans who worked for the threads. Not sure exactly about which threads were deleted, but in Jurina´s case is really sad if all is lost, because she joined when she was 11 years old and her thread had so many pages. Hopefully, you will be able to resolve this. Cheer up!!!.

5. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    @Elementaljyt

I pretty much agree with everything you said, which is why I actually made it a rule when we revised the rules last year
    It's also why I said I'll personally restart the threads myself, because I wanted it done "right," even if it does take more time than just slapping the members' pictures on and calling it a day. People can look at the examples by staff and model their own OPs after them. The Kanochan one I created and you linked is a good example of a member thread OP, here's an example of a single thread OP: http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/single-hkt48-2nd-melon-juice-2013-09-04.6430/. Depending on who starts the thread, I'm sure there will be several small differences, but ideally it should contain all the pertinent information in a format pleasing to the eye.

That said, this is a hard rule to enforce. We're certainly not going to punish anyone that creates a bare-bones OP, unless they do it on a consistent basis. The best solution I can think of now is having members either post in the thread themselves and tagging the OP creator, or simply PMing them asking them to add so and so if they think the OP is lacking some necessary information. As far as keeping them updated pass the initial smattering of news, that's harder and will also rely on the help of the community. It's like how the staff relies on everyone to remind us to move graduated members' threads; we simply can't keep track of everyone graduating, and the people starting threads probably can't keep track of every new update for every thread they created either, even if it is needed.

@Silenka

As far as naming convention, yeah, it should always be last name first. When talking about Japanese idols, seeing their first name and then their last is really weird, because literally no one refers to them that way. It's usually their last name alone, their first name alone, their nickname, or their full name w/ last name first. That is also something I hope the community can help with, because I don't really want people reporting every post that gets the order wrong, unless it's a consistent problem with that user. Just politely ask that user to flip the order back to the "right" way.

This should be fine, the thread URLs actually have unique numbers added after them, I don't think it'll cause any problems if we're able to restore the old threads later.

6. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Future Girls

I mostly just put the important info (Name, Birthday, Birthplace, Height, Bloodtype) since it is the important stuff, Never really put any of them other stuff (Like you see in the Nojima Kano) since I didn't feel it was important tbh. But will go back an edit my members threads I created and edit them (mostly the Last to First name on them, but will put the other stuff as well). Would like to see all of the other members threads OP being updated as well, I know alot of those people aren't here anymore, so that would have to be a mod/admin thing (Wonder if @ithebigc @Cristafari @rust @MurasakiSora would want to do that) I mean it would help some of the newbies here.

7. MurasakiSora

MurasakiSora Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I can start slowly sifting through all the threads in my free time when I'm online but it'll probably take awhile from the sheer amount of member threads there are so you guys will have to bear with me and my turtle speeds on this matter. :^^;:

8. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Kenkyuusei

I agree with the naming, its always really weird and really off-putting seeing the names flipped in english.

9. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    so sad about the Team S missing threads, the thought of loosing my favorite members threads makes me panic, this place is like a time machine!!!!
    is there a way u can save a whole thread for offline viewing, like a backup? is that even legal??

10. rka

rka Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Matsumoto Chikako
    Twitter:
    rka_01
  11. wlerin

wlerin Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    A lot. Any time I want to look up old events or refresh my memory. Granted I never searched any of these specific threads, but I doubt they're any different.

• Like Like x 1
  12. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    Toughen up your passwords, folks, especially if you have moderation / administrative privileges!!!

13. ABF48

ABF48 Kenkyuusei

so.. how the update mods ?? its been another week anyway.. :whistle:

14. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

I personally think all member threads should be made by mods or admin. Can get too messy to let random people make them. Member threads are to stay for a long time anyways.

15. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    All the attempts at the reformation of the girls thread over the years had led me disillusioned to its possibility. It would require something catastrophic to spur action into it. Times have changed, though. The OP has been supplanted by the wiki48 profile pages in terms of search ranking and relevance. Rather than pour resources and effort in its updates and conversion to a single format, I suggest we just fix what is broken and remove the unnecessary and annoying parts added. It does have some worth untouched, if properly made.
    HRP made himself the de facto thread maker for sometime and it somehow work. We should just add this to the rule and empower some non staff members with good track record with the right to make those threads to stave off irresponsible members from starting a girls thread.

PS. As I am responsible to half of the first generation of Nogizaka46's girls thread you can complain to me why its not updated. The reason is that rather I'm busy and its tedious work to post a link to the singles thread every time that certain girl is included in the line up. The singles they appeared are already being displayed in their wiki48 pages. So, I'm rather reluctant to its update. However, considering its only been 13 months since its last update, compare that to the other threads, I'm actually doing great at it.:lol:

16. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    @Silenka I think the threads are important because they can be helpful to new fans who want to know about members who have been in 48 groups since ages ago, like Jurina, and for that people who want to know about new members.
    Is really sad if all the work in Jurina´s thread is gone, there is a lot of information and links that dissapeared.
    I´m saying about Jurina because I´m not sure which other threads are missing.

• Like Like x 1
  17. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I'll help with the listing on missing team S thread(and the current sitrep):
    -Matsui Jurina (Purposely not replaced)
    -Nojima Kano (Replaced)
    -Miyamae Ami (Replaced)
    -Kitagawa Ryoha (Replaced)
    -Oya Masana (Not replaced yet)
    -Sugiyama Aika (Replaced)
    -Tsuzuki Rika (Replaced)
    -Takeuchi Mai (Not replaced yet)

I think that's all.

18. gocchisama

gocchisama Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    head banner need to be updated.

We are past tsubasa wa iranai and 74 okubun no kimi e, etc, since a long time ago

19. waipa

waipa Kenkyuusei

What do you mean purposely no replaced for Jurina's thread?

20. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

As you can see @waipa, the current solution for the missing thread is replacing them with the new one.
    I would like to put Jurina thread as (Not replaced yet) category, but I believe mods and admin has better idea in mind.