1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. masterliza94

masterliza94 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Are there any plans to create a separate lyrics site for non-Japanese 48 groups?

2. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Have we ever considered change the outdated #IRC channel to a better vocal chat software?

Making a stage48 Discord salon would help people interact more about 48news, and it's free.

3. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Are there a lot of reports typically? I'm trying to get all the spam but I can only report one per 30 seconds which is an annoying wait.

4. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Not really. In fact the 48 chat that is linked here has always at best only been peripherally associated with the forum.

Welcome to my nightmare...

And you are only seeing one-third of it. I don't know what happened, but since late last year our spam filter has become increasingly ineffective against spambots. We probably get 25-35 spambots per day trying to access this forum. In the old days the system would block like 90-95%. But nowadays it is more like 30-50%. And we still have to clean out the ones it blocks too.

The Admins have been notified, we will see if they are able to improve the situation.

5. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    There were 3/4 spam posts per page on the recent posts page. By careful extrapolation I was able to estimate a fuck tonne of spam is being posted to the site.

Would you be willing to try Google's reCaptcha instead of the current system (it's free anyway)

6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I want to know if it's possible to do something about the "Go to First Unread" feature, I don't know how to explain but I'll try. when we click on a thread, it goes automatically to the first "new" post since the last time we read. However, I noticed that if for example I read a thread (until the latest post), and then I don't check the thread for 2-3 weeks, then I click on the thread but it doesn't go to the first "new" post, it goes to the first page... and if I click myself on "Go to First Unread" after that, it goes to one of the latest pages/posts, but very often it's not the real "first unread post" (I go back to read the previous posts & I know for sure that I didn't read the previous posts either). It's a bit complicated but I hope my explanation is clear. I think this should be changed so that we always get re-directed to the first unread post (the real one and not just a random recent one) even if we don't check the thread for some months. I know some other forums where even if I don't go to a thread for 5 months, when I click on it, it will always go to the first unread post even if there have been 100 new pages.

This is important for me (and probably for some other users too) because there are some threads where I like to read all news, but when it doesn't direct me to the first unread post, I have to backtrack and find out myself where I stopped reading the last time, and it sometimes takes a while to find.

7. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I've noticed the "go to first unread" does this as well and I don't think it's specific to this forum. I don't know why the feature works like that, but it does the same on other forums I read.

8. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Always goes to the actual first unread post for me.

At least, I don't recall it doing as @Mana and @Silenka describe. And I have not encountered it since @Mana brought it up.

9. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Can we get more emoji's??

10. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    One of the admins was gonna look into that, back when the forum switch happened.

But a lot of things were gonna happen then, that never did. Such as an actual "like"system. (Not the Tapatalk exploit that some users take advantage of.)

11. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    A work around is still an exploit.

12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I hope we never get a "like" system. Some people use the tapatalk one but it's only some users, most users don't have it. If "likes" become official then it would discourage people from saying their opinions, like when users here have an argument (which happens everyday) there will always be one with tons of "likes" and other ones with nothing which makes them seem wrong when they might not be. This kind of things always happen in other forums so I rather not see it here.

But I agree for more emoticons! Please.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    ^ Liked for irony's sake. Actually, that has always been my concern about having a "like" system, since I believe it would be misused. The idea of a "like" system would be for people to get feedback for thoughtful and informative posts. However, in my experience they are usually used either to thank people for providing content (often pirated), or like @Mana says, to take sides in a fight. (In fact, I have seen it used in those ways on this forum via Tapatalk)

It's not that I am completely against it, those are just my main concerns, and why I haven't pushed the admins on it. On the other hand, it might curtail the amount of one-word or emoji-only posts I have been seeing lately. Personally, I have relaxed a little bit with regards to enforcing that particular rule, but keep in mind that posts should have a bit more meat than just one word or reaction.

Anyway, these days still busy fighting the endless spam attacks. We settled it down a little bit so not as many are breaking through as before, but it still needs more tweaking.

14. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    As a counterpoint I've received over 100 positive ratings and it's virtually always on things like translations and large projects (like my surveys) which I spent hours/sometimes days on and it feels nice to get that form of appreciation. Only a handful are short comments or posting videos and such.

15. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    likes help you being more respected too.

16. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@Cristafari I laughed when I saw that you gave a "like" to my post, the irony [hehe]

Actually I have received quite a lot of "likes" (via tapatalk) from users here and it's usually for my useful posts and I do find it very nice. but I still feel like if all the users can "like" anyone and anytime, it will end up being mis-used. Maybe the solution would be to only allow "likes" in official members threads since fans aren't fighting there and it's usually where users share useful informations/translations etc. the main forums discussions (like the News & Release or General Discussion sections) is where it's often a mess. Like I can already imagine (for example) people giving tons of "likes" to posts that are bashing Yuria, Renacchi, Annin, Sakura etc. (the same old) and that would just make this forum more toxic, imo. idk if it's possible but the best thing would be to only have "likes" in the official threads!

17. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    It would also be nice to use ratings as one way of ranking forum members as we're currently all Kenkyusei or staff.
    Unless you get rid of that feature altogether, one or the other.

I have to say I'm against the member threads idea.
    There are different orientations of people who submit valuable contributions.
    Some are the individual member type, and I can think of a handful of members whose threads are filled with great updates with translations and content-rich posts week in week out.
    But as someone whose community contributions mostly come via Release and General Discussions threads, rules like that would make me feel like my contributions are less valued/appreciated.

18. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Maybe I will just use Japanese kaomojis then (`・ω・´)

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

19. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Regarding the unread system, other users said it was 2-3 weeks of not checking the thread for s/he to be directed towards the first page instead the first unread post. I've noticed that it's a month. A month you don't check/read the thread, you lose track.

It would be useful if it could really direct towards the actual first unread post.

20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Sometimes when I am logged in and click on a link, I am told I need to be logged in to do that.
    "Stage48 - Error
    You must be logged-in to do that.

The particular page I was trying to reach today was
    http://www.stage48.net/forum/index.php?attachments/paruru-grad-jpg.86795/

I was logged in as on other tabs on my browser I could get alerts, see new posts, etc.

When I logged in again at the error message, I got to the page.