Stage48 member meet in Japan

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by sangackt, Nov 4, 2010.

1. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    It's a classic kissaten, so they have simple food there like omrice, curry rice, hamburg steak, sandwiches, pancakes and the like. At this time of day though, instead of a cafe you might consider going for an izakaya or dining bar. The Tanima won't be open after eight. It's a coffee place after all.

On Chuo-doori and on both sides of the station you'll find enough izakaya and the usual suspect big-chain places like Uotami, Doma Doma, Kin no Kura, Watamin, etc. Considering its a Thursday there'll be enough places you'll be able to get in without a reservation.

2. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Kenkyuusei

If it's not open past 8 then that won't work for me. I can't be there that early.

3. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    I won't fly into Japan until the 23rd, so I might/might not be able to meet you guys that day, depending on how tired I am too from the flight.

In addition to that, I threw this idea out earlier in the Acchan Graduation thread, but how about all of us trying to meet up at one of the Acchan breakfast buffet things (details here: viewtopic.php?p=589898#p589898) since we're all AKB fans and it'd be more fun for all of us to go together anyways to see that "unaired footage"?

And also possible meetup for all of us to gain good spots to see Acchan as she goes around on the car in Akihabara on the 27th?

4. naruse

naruse Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    naruse48
    I'm free to meet up anytime before 27th. So I will just go whenever you guys decide on something.

5. mr_m

mr_m Kenkyuusei

Ok the meeting location is in front of tanima at 7PM the 23rd on Thursday.

I'll wait outside as we gather. Eventually we'll send a pair of us to scout an in izakaya for the rest of us. By that time we'll have A nice group. I'm aware that some of us will be available later. I'll personally go back to Tanima to see if there are other members arriving. Probably in increments of every 15-30 minutes but I'll stop if the other members express I stop or I think I have everyone. I'll say something like stage48.

Let us know if you're going. For my sake lol.
    I'll check this forum that night so I'll know who said they'll go.

6. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
  7. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Kenkyuusei

Sounds like we're gonna attempt to get into the AKB Cafe for the Maeda Buffet that night, though it seems unlikely that we will be able to get in. If that is the case, then we'll probably head down the street to meet up with the rest of you.

8. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

9. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    I won't arrive until most likely 7:15 pm that night (23rd) so including customs, baggage claim, and all that so I won't be able to meet you guys.

But if you're all down for getting good spots to see Acchan off on the 27th as she rides around in a car, I'll meet you guys then!

10. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Kenkyuusei

11. violetbutterfly

violetbutterfly Kenkyuusei

I'll try my best to be there but I can't make any promises...hopefully Micky will whisk me away and I can live in the Disney castle forever :^O^:

12. naruse

naruse Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    naruse48
    An Karaoke session could work after dinner.

13. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

If you are planning on it being a late one with possible Karaoke i'll come meet you after i'm finished up. Not sure what time that might be though, possibly 9pm. I have a few peoples' contact details so will be in touch.

I think if you don't have a pia account you may be out of luck for this... Unless you are already in Japan and able to go to the counter at the Cafe/Shop, but even then it may not be possible.

14. shadowgram

shadowgram Kenkyuusei

I will not be available until 9PM if there is karaoke involve after dinner let me know. Is there a twitter account that we can follow to get the latest information with S48er in Tokyo?

15. mr_m

mr_m Kenkyuusei

I'll ask another member about it while I'm there. If there is none available then I, or another member, will update this thread accordingly.

16. ithebigc

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    We can also make a Facebook group, that's easy enough. We did it for Washington DC and it worked great, and we still chat about AKB there to this day since we became good friends. And they're easy to follow too since all the threads remain there. As long as you have some Wi-Fi device (iPod touch, iPhone, Android, tablet) in Japan they should be easy to check anywhere that has free Wi-Fi, which I hope Japan has plenty of

17. violetbutterfly

violetbutterfly Kenkyuusei

Lol free wifi in Japan. A girl can only dream

18. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

Yeah, seriously, there's no free wifi, not even in places like Starbucks tbh LOL

19. Pollinic

Pollinic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    You'll be disappointed then. There are indeed plenty of Wi-Fi spots, but 99% of them require login/membership. I think only Starbucks has free Wi-Fi, but sure if you get like a login code with your recipt when you buy somthing or if you can just stand outside and leech.

Anyway, I'll be in Akiba from 10am and onwards. Not sure how long I'll stay. I don't mind a small meet up, but I'm too tired and too poor for anything big and definitely can't go karaoke. I want to rest up before Tokyo Dome!

A friend said that he just noticed Starbucks has free Wi-Fi. But I don't know any details.

20. mr_m

mr_m Kenkyuusei

I've written the usernames of all the likely people to show up.

LIKELY
    ME @ 7
    Petelechem @ 8
    Shadowgram @9
    Jul3 ARRIVED

MAYBE
    Ultidarktiablo w/friend @ buffet?
    Naruse
    Panda_dash
    Ricshos
    Pollinic

Unlikely