Takahashi Juri (Juri) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Those of us who’s been on this thread recently saw signs that she was strongly interested in signing with a Korean agency so it’s not a total surprise. But to see her pull the trigger on this huge career decision is still mind blowing.

This is so much more risky compared to the Japanese IZ*ONE members. She’s essentially giving up a solid career and her salary in Japan, as well as her place in AKB, to start all over as a trainee. She’s not going to be like Sakura, Nako, and Hiichan where they’ll be coming back to 48g after two years, but the rest of her career will be devoted to making it as a Kpop idol.

Most importantly, this is what she really wants. She’s answered interviews that being in Kpop is the pinnacle for her personal career. I’m just so unbelievably proud for her and it’s making me into a bigger fan for this jump.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  2. warubii

warubii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    warubii666
    Ugh saviour of kpop the house down BOOTS mawma
    Show em how its done miss juri!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

The usual way to read sales is: physical copies = comes from core fans, digital sales = define how popular you are among general audience. Lovelyz digital sales I think are pretty low and there's a huge gap with Sistar at their peak. That being said (and maybe I'm wrong since I don't follow kpop since long ago) looks like they are somehow similar to what apink and her loyal fanbase was back in the past, with a similar concept and stuff.

About that new group from Woollim( the supposed one Juri is joining ), they have many trainees: Kim Suyoon (2001), Kim Sohee (2003), Kwon Eunbi (1995)(IZONE), Kim Chaewon (2000)/IZONE ...and some others that I can't confirm if they are still part of the company or not.
    Check them here: https://twitter.com/Woollim_rookies

People is wondering if they are going to add to the group the ones from IZONE after their 2.5 year contract ends (2020?).

Some Kpop idols are also known for being trainees for many years before being able to debut (like 3, 4 or even more years; it's more about timming and when the compnay is ready to debut them)...according to Juri words Woollim is going to debut this group "soon".

There are young boys and girls debuting in new groups everyday, I'm sure all of them think their group is going to do well and all of them knows there are groups who fails miserably but even though they try. We can't predict the future and none of us (not even juri) knows if this group is going to be a success or not, that's why I see this as a gamble.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    Woollim might have a few hidden trainees aswell, there usually are a few.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. XuZe

XuZe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Can't believe I created a profile just to comment on this.:^^;:
    Personally, i have mixed emotions with her graduating to join a k-pop group since she was one of the reasons i still stuck around AKB after Mayuyu's graduation. I'm glad she found something that she really wants to do, but I still can't help but feel heartbroken that one of my oshi is graduating(maybe since i've been a fan since she was a kenkyuusei).
    All i can do now is support her decision to graduate and wish her the best in her future group:oops:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Biometrics

Biometrics Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kumi
    I couldn't care less. She's washed up anyway.

• Dislike x 27
    • Like x 3
    • Disagree x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
  7. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    If she’s happy joining the Kpop scene, then she is entitled to do so.

She straight up said on Produce 48 that her dream is to become a world artist. Jpop won’t get to that, Kpop will.

She already was part of the biggest girl group in Japan & had much success within it, so the next step for her is to become an idol that could hit big worldwide.

Now whether she’ll actually reach that goal can go either or, but I’m sure it’s worth it to her either way.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    she really improved a lot in Produce48 and you could tell she was giving it all she had... I wish her all the best in following her dream!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. warubii

warubii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    warubii666
    On a serious note, woolim aren't one of the best companies so I really hope they won't pull some kind of stunt. I really hope the debut is soon.

10. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    Woollim are definetly on the better side of the scale when it comes to kpop companies. Woollim has it's problems but so does every single company. They are no TS ent. Pledis or SM.

11. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I wouldn't group SM with TS and Pledis lol. SM actually produces consistent results.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    True dat, SM can make and keep a group!

The only group Pledis knows how to manage is Seventeen and that is because they do most of the job themselves!

• Like Like x 4
  13. xinon04

xinon04 Kenkyuusei

But honestly, since mion was announced as new GM a lot of people were already prepared for her to graduate. She is team B captain, a high ranking member, but she cannot really become any more popular than she currently is. At least she is debuting in another group and not stopping her career as an idol.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Either Megu or Seina-chan will be my bet

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    Korean Netizen's reaction to Juri signing with Woollim.

1. [+348, -25] She's the most likable out of all the Japanese members. She has a lot of interest in Korea and works hard~ If she's under Woollim now, she'll probably debut with Chaewon and Eunbi ㅎㅎ

2. [+281, -19] I was always sad that Juri never got picked ㅜㅜ this is great!!

3. [+223, -21] The way she talks is addictive

4. [+36, -1] I remember her being in the top 10 out of the hundreds of AKB members ㅋㅋ It's like the main member of a top girl group leaving to debut as a rookie in another country ㅋㅋ That takes a lot of bravery

5. [+26, -2] She'll probably debut with Eunbi and Chaewon once IZ*ONE promos are over

6. [+26, -2] She's good at Korean, has a positive personality... wishing her luck in Korea

7. [+23, -2] Juri has talent and good visuals too

8. [+22, -2] Wait, Takahashi Juri? She's a super popular member in AKB, though... more popular than Yabuki Nako;;;; why would she quit all that to debut in Korea? That's daebak... she must really want to be in a K-Pop group.

9. [+21, -2] I wish her the best~ she seems like a kind person

10. [+11, -3] Wow, daebak, totally daebak ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I hope Miho can debut in Korea too!!!!!!!

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2019/03/produce-48-takahashi-juri-signs-with.html

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Ophelia

Ophelia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kitahara Rie
    Good for her. If her group gets big then she'll make a lot more money than she ever did with AKB. Also a lot more international recognition. And no handshake events which can be a blessing as well. That said, K-pop groups fail all the time so it's also a gamble.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. razgriz1011

razgriz1011 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    rezkywirantidhike
    Twitter:
    razgriz2520
    I was having a mix of feelings between sad, surprised, and excited about both the announcements. :^^;:
    I really do hope for the best for her and definitely will follow her journey in Korea. She took a big gamble and hopefully it will all works out well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Orangerafi

Orangerafi Member

Oshimen:
    SeichanKomiharuMiionMacharin
    Next in line will be Megutan and Seichan. Or maybe Sahoo? Those 3 are my bets.

Or maybe Yukirin can be an interim captain until they finally decide who will replace Juri

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    Someone I know once told me "It's important in life to take risks. It might be hard, but it's worth trying". That's exactly what Juri is doing. And I'm so proud of her.

She's been into Kpop for awhile and she knows a bit of the language. I think she will do fine.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Nighthawk141

Nighthawk141 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Twitter:
    mraiman_
    She's gambling her career since she got a solid position in AKB48, she's one of the top member in AKB48.
    The risk is higher because unlike Miyu, she's much more popular in Japan, I will wait how the Japanese fans think about this

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1