Takahashi Juri (Juri) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Every members get a send off, unless they personnaly request none.
    Most of the time, a theater performance which is likely here since the last details are still not decided.
    It doesn't have to be a concert. Anyway based on last year shedule there might be only 1 opportunity, during april, but this look far allready. The next concert will be the SSK one in june and no member ever anounce graduation during this. Nor is it purposed to serve as graduation performance. No need to say it is even more later.

With the tons of side jobs she got, and her popularity (IE Handshake and goods sales), she surely has confortable incomes. far from a theater girl.
    Anyway it's too short sighted to reduce her decision to a question of money.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. Zuu Ryuzuma 48

Zuu Ryuzuma 48 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. shinra94

shinra94 Kenkyuusei

No need for this. She's entitled to chase her dreams while she's young. She's gave AKB a good 8 or so years and probably feels that it's gone a bit stale compared to what the Korean experience was like.

Good luck to the girl. What's a life without taking some risk?:banana:

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    The fact that she even states her debut has already been decided is really good. I was wondering if they were gonna wait awhile, but it seems things are already in motion and she might debut soon. Her whole speech is really nice actually. She really acknowledges how this is completely new and isn't sure what's to come, but is hopeful. I really commend her for this. Even tho I was never the biggest fan of Juri - even at one point I disliked her lol - she's really matured imo.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    She is 21, the fact that they are already decided to debut soon probably what made her mind up

• Like Like x 3
  6. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    But things in Korea are usually 10 times the JPY anyway so it is just like you moved one decimal place to the right.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. DX|Takamina

DX|Takamina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Twitter:
    DXTakamina
    being the representative for 48TALK now.
    Juri, please do your best in Korea and for the KPOP fans.
    Please take care of our Tamago Rapper

• Like Like x 3
  8. Kami

Kami Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberisa
    As a Kpop fan, I can imagine how happy Juri might have been when she recived woolim's offer to debut with them, and I'm glad she decided to follow her dream. As a Jpop and Akb fan, I'm sad I won't be able to support her as a part of it, but still I don't want our selfishness to prevent her from going ahead in her career. She's gifted 8 years of her life to Akb and has done amazing, now I can only support her as a Kpop artist.

Anyway Woolim is a very good agency, they have talented artists who debuted, like Lovelyz and Infinite, which had success, and are right now considered to be 9th korean enttertainment company in terms of sales, so I see no problem in taking the risk.

I really wish her the best and I will continue supporting her in korea

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Maruif

Maruif Member

Oshimen:
    Kokko
    I know this is a joke, but Dispatch won't expose gay couples! The straight up said a while back that they won't expose gay couples, and I am sure they know about quite a few.

10. Orangerafi

Orangerafi Member

Oshimen:
    SeichanKomiharuMiionMacharin
    I admire Juri for taking a BIG gamble. It's no just a gamble, it's BIG as the risks are high on this. If I were on her age and given the same circumstances and opportunity, I don't think I could make the same decision she made (I'm not a big risk taker). She is one of the big guns of AKB, a Team B captain and former Team 4 captain, a regular senbatsu member, ranks on the top 16 of general election for three consecutive years (I say 4th year if she did not announce her graduation and still participate this year). She has an established career in AKB. And she's throwing all of that away and taking the risk to pursue her kpop dream and have a fresh start.

That for me is admirable and also why it was a bittersweet feeling for me when she announced her graduation.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. darlingmysugar

darlingmysugar Kenkyuusei

I know it’s childish but I can’t help the feeling of betrayal, esp as someone who dropped kpop for akb48 some time back idk I should probably get it together

Don’t see this debut going well either. Idk why people see kpop as this immediate way to success when in reality most of its acts fail just as hard as in any other entertainment industry

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  12. eko p

eko p Kenkyuusei

It is the Korean goal to get in to Japanese music market as Japan is the biggest physical music market in the world worth 1.9638 billion US dollar in 2017 (compared to South Korea 182.928 million and US 887.415 million)
    After izone, the Korean saw how easy they can get in to Japanese market especially to wotas wallet by inserting a couple of Japanese idols
    I bet there are others 48 group member or other idols who receive offer from the Korean Agency now

Lots of people especially KPOP fans think this is KPOP "helping" to popularize JPOP
    No, it's the other way around
    For example we know izone number from Oricon which measure Japan physical music sales, did any one know how much is izone number from Korea??
    I know produce101 best single only sold 807,282 "download" according to Korean Gaon chart

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. TNAmarkFromIndia

TNAmarkFromIndia Kenkyuusei

Wow. I don't follow AKB48 regularly but last year I had gotten into watching a lot of AKBingos for a while and watched a few clips of Produce48. I even followed a few of the girls on SHOWROOM.

It's pretty sad that she's graduating considering Juri seemed to have been one of the most popular members in the group but I guess Juri was a big K-Pop fan and after 8 years in AKB48 she wanted to challenge herself to do something new. It's crazy when you think about how much experience she has performing for someone as young as she is. Wish her nothing but success.

14. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

Pardon me, we're in Takahashi Juri's thread.
    What does Japan and Korea's music sales got anything to do with Juri's dream to perform in Korea?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    instead of being happy to see Juri is going forward towards her dream, some people are still on Japan vs Korea thing smh

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. eko p

eko p Kenkyuusei

This is Juri thread and that's real Korean strategy
    Unless you can't see beyond that

She's move on, GOOD!!!
    I'm not ok if she's being used, are you ok with that??
    "Look at Sakura, we Korean pay her US$ 4million... AKB won't get you nowhere, we'll take care of you better..." said the agency which probably already counting potential profit with Juri in
    * 4 million is number the Korean or KPOP fans said, which I think is an impossible number

Aki-P is all about the money, fanboy reply "NO!!!", I say yes he is
    NGT management suck, fanboy reply "you're anti's...", I say yes they are
    No 48 overseas group have their own song, fanboy reply "Aki-P is to busy...", I say overseas group don't pay Aki-P to make new song
    It's not about Japan vs Korea, it just I'm not being a fanboy

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. welp

welp Next Girls

Many of you talked about risk. Yes, it's extremely risky for a popular J-pop idol to start over in a different country with extremely competitive and oversaturated idol market and a hugely different environment. Yet, this is why K-netizens have been very supportive to her. She will lose so much to go to Korea. How can the Korean not appreciate her dedication?

Why won't she do her best? She definitely didn't leave her comfortable position in AKB to half-ass in this new risky journey.

To think about it. I'm curious if the group will have a rapper. Although it is a trend, not every groups have rappers neither Woollim has said about rapper. It said the group would have vocal, visual, dance and charisma but nothing about rap. As, per usual, it is only 1 rapper in a group, rapper is a very outstanding position.

By the way, you will need to call her "gyeran" (egg in Korean).

Because her new agency is a better one, her chance to succeed is higher and she has star quality. Should not you see the full line-up and concept first before saying if she can or cannot succeed?

Lovelyz has had Japanese promotion? I didn't know that. Woollim's reps in IZ*One, Eunbi and Chaewon, are so un-intellectual in Japanese showing how much Woollim focuses on Japanese market.
    Wotas' wallets? Have you followed IZ*One at all? Do you aware that 70% of IZ*One's Japanese fans are girls, mostly K-pop fans? IZ*One is riding on K-pop boom in Japan more than wotas.

Because K-pop needs yens to fuel, it doesn't mean J-pop doesn't need K-pop to go beyond Japan. It can be a 2 way street.

IZ*One's Korean album has been sole for nearly 200k copies according to GAON. But, album is not the main source of income for K-pop idols anyway. It's endorsement and concert/fanmeet.

This is business. She will be used by the company to generate highest profit. As long as she is not physically and mentally abused, nothing goes beyond her moral line, it's OK. That profit will be alloted to her also.

Why impossible? 1 individual fan gifted Wonyoung 5,000 USD in a fansign event. 4 millions = Sakura has 20,000 fans willing to spend on her 200 USD each. That sounds like a possible number. Not like Korea is a poor country.

You may be not a fanboy but you're a weeb. Your J-pop horse is high.
    (Mod edit: Ahh Welp, you still wondered what we were speaking of when we talked about not framing responses with condescending insults? This is another example) .

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  18. eko p

eko p Kenkyuusei

Try to compare it to first produce girls group popularity and sales, try to guess what's the difference now
    Better music??
    Better dance??
    Or it's simply because there are well known Japanese idols there??

Well that's new theory I've never heard of before, so celebrities in Korea can get million of dollar and get rich via fans gift??

When Korean or KPOP fans said that Sakura got 4 million per year in Korea I'm sure they're talking about izone
    Impossible because Korean physical music market only worth 182.928 million and top at 494.4 million if you count everything from there (IFPI 2017 data)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_music_industry_market_share_data

Since izone many people including in this forum talk about how the sun shine bright, rabbits jumping around happily, winter turn to spring when talk about member who jump ship to Korea
    The truth is their make or break will always be measure by Yen

As for Juri, what do you think they'll make out of her??
    Big actress in Korea?
    Famous singer in Korea?
    Or come back to Japan with some collaboration project like izone?

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. Nighthawk141

Nighthawk141 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Twitter:
    mraiman_
    Well, It matter when thing doesn't go as expected in Korea.
    Whether her fanbase would accept her or not

20. Sheiladesu

Sheiladesu Kenkyuusei

This was from December. Hmm