Tashima Meru (Meru) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. IXA

IXA Member

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Twitter:
    Ixatsu
    Ah glad to know that meru won't leave hkt :XD:

2. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

Yeah does anyone know what's going on with Meru these days in terms of publicity? I mean has high school girls police been taking up all her time or something? She hasn't been on Odekake, Korekara, Duomo, Akbingo or anything much. I know Half said she would be on another show but I didn't think it would take up all of her time. Haven't seen her on any magazines (from hello online) recently either. I thought she might be busy with school or something, but I saw Mio on Odekake etc so the girls her age are still doing the shows. Wonder what happened. Poor Kid. I think she will retain center. She is too fit and sprite and genki and cute to lose to someone else. Especially to a vertically challenged elementary school kid.

3. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles
    I agree 100% with this. Fixed centers are boring, regardless of who it is. But that said, I'm not so sure that Mio is replacing Meru as center. I need more evidence before I'm convinced. :XD:

As for the absence of kennin, maybe her age had a part in it? She's only 14 after all. Maybe they needed permission from her parents but they refused it.

4. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

Well Sakuruppi's kennin could've been out of sympathy, to give them a shot somewhere else. But out of the MioMeru pair the only reason to give the already established centers a kennin is out of favouritism. Now I'm kinda wondering if Mio really is surpassing Meru in the duo.

However, I don't have the slightest doubt this will not affect Meru's position in HKT, whatever it is, Aki-p's favorite kids always bounce back one way or another and honestly Meru's doing great now. imo if the next single still has her somewhere as center, then even the system I suggested about rotating centers won't be true anymore and her fans can rest assured that she'll be center for the very far future (she's 14 after all). Even though with so many girls HKT wants to push and center of the group in HKT doesn't' even give you a granted senbatsu spot in AKB, I'm not sure if center is something to aim for anymore :^^;:

nuff said.

5. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    ^That's very true. At least with SKE and NMB, centreship comes with the "reward" of being granted more exposure as part of AKB but with HKT, it's really more of an "internal" benefit. The HKT members that have been in senbatsu weren't even originally members nor have been center. :D All the girls can do at this point is keeping building up their own popularity and hopefully be given the opportunity.... which is quite a refreshing change from the way it's usually done.

I called Mio getting a B concurrency eons ago.... just seemed like something that was totally gonna happen like Paruru going to A. Sakura's A concurrency and Haruppi not only keeping hers but going to K were tons more surprising to me but I dig it. Really too bad Meru couldn't get a concurrency with 4 because that seriously would have been bucket loads of awesome to have each of them on a AKB team. I was getting a little afraid that she got transferred instead. :^^;: I didn't really consider her age but that might have been a factor in her having no major changes since all the other 48 "centers" were either shuffled or have a concurrency so it's weird she was left alone. :wtf:

Things are noticeably quiet with her lately but this is where Meru's age becomes an asset. Girls like Paruru and Ricchan didn't really come into bloom until they hit the 18+ club and Jurina continues to rise even as she closes in on the 7th year mark with the group. Meru has plenty of time to bloom and maybe even become a force to be reckoned with in 48G someday. For now, I'm mainly concerned with Merusaurus improving her performances (particularly her singing) and working on her "fishing". [hehe]

6. the_kaizar

the_kaizar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tashimatenchou
    i just though that meru hasn't a concurrency because she will become "only" HKT trademark member or something like that. she can focus on HKT and build a strong fandom in her hometown and keep promoting HKT just like why milky was a concurrent while sayanee hadn't before. and i just won't she ended like jurina when she has concurrency. tbh, i am really happy that meru hasn't concurrent yet.

7. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I agree. My point is that with Haruppi, Sakura and Mio walking the path of Kennin, Meru position as HKT center has been strenghten because she can solely focus on the group of Hakata.

But there's something strange : NakoMiku early promotion.

I don't know how much Meru weigh compared to Nakomiku going full powerpush. That may be just a problem of scale, and they are keeping her as HKT center.

But you know, nothing is sure. What an irony if Meru is being demoted by Nakomiku.

8. Kiriharu

Kiriharu Kenkyuusei

I would believe in the "sole center theory" if Sayanee and Rena were not moved around. The only reasonable explanation is according to her own will (or personal situation/condition) that she cannot move to Tokyo. Nevertheless, Meru wants to sing and dance in her hometown.

In the mean time, I don't worry about her position. Second Jurina cannot be shafted that soon :D

9. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I think she's too young and that's it. I'm sure she would've been given a concurrent position otherwise.

10. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    @gocchisama:

Very ironic indeed.

Honestly though if NakoMiku were really going to take center position, I think they would have done it already in the 3rd single. Mgmt didn't waste any time with Meru and then Mio not only joined in the election single but also joined center position the very next single. The rumored 36th single line up only has Nako as a possibility and not Miku. Were either of them even in the Mae Shika b-sides? It seems odd they would be a bit more conservative with the midgets if their intentions were to put them in the alleged "centership" race. Not saying it still couldn't happen because I'd like to think anything is possible with this group but I think it's safe to assume for now that Haruppi and Meru are still "higher up the food chain" and will lead H much like Sakura and Mio will definitely lead KIV.

Which brings me back to my confusion as to why they're in H. The team was hardly in need of "powerful" members and it's not like being a KKS makes a difference to who gets in senbatsu/exposure/opportunites/etc. They could have easily just continued to push NakoMiku while saving them for T. Now when it's time to form T they're going to have to super push yet more girls. [speechless]

11. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Team H will get an original stage, that could be one of the reasons. Also keeping them close to Sasshi will make it easier for her to promote them.

12. the_kaizar

the_kaizar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    tashimatenchou
    sayanee and rena moved after jurina and milky was moved a long time ago, they keep become NMB and SKE only center and improving with the groups. Sayanee has in situation while she can't improve in NMB so it's a great chance for her to have kennin position in team K which need her power too. Rena really has different image with SKE whole image, so be in different enviroment will be a great chance. i think Meru still young and can improve more in HKT so that's why she hasn't kennin position yet.

13. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    I don't think Meru's age played a part in not getting a Kennin. Boss is a little younger, and still got a Kennin with SKE. I think two things may have kept a kennin from Meru. 1. Her parents refused. or 2. There are plans for Meru by HKT management that would have conflicted with any Kennin spot. Judging by the shuffle and past kennins, I think 1 is most likely.

Either way I think it is a shame. She could really have done magically in SKE. That I would give good money to see. [nod]

14. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    For what it's worth - I'm glad Meru stayed in HKT48 only - now we'll always know where she is. She's my HKT rock now!

15. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i don't mind at all Meru to be an HKT48 only. If she was kennin, our front row line up would have looked like shadows...

Also considering her push since Suki Suki skip! i don't think she is in a position to be envious of everyone else kennin position. She has her path to follow, and they have theirs. They all lead to the same place.

16. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

I'm happy about her staying in HKT full time. People might disagree BUT all the girls that do the "transfer" which isn't scandal forced, I really don't see them nearly as much as prior to their transfer. I haven't noticed an uptick in appearances for Haruppi or Jurina or anything. I guess I could be wrong but, I dunno, I guess their theatre fans may increase, but I'm not sure if its a major major benefit.

I guess there is pros and cons to both, but I'd rather Meru be front and center in HKT versus being in the 3rd row in AKB's Team Y3 or whatever the hell number/name they are up to now.

17. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

Um, I am not digging her current new hairdo (pictured in the gold/white uniform photo). It looks too much like Umeda Ayaka. Yech....

Though I love her hair out of her forehead like in the other picture where she is wearing black and white. This looks great. Sometimes I see pic's of meru with her hair to the side or something and it looks great.

But these stupid hairstylists they hire give them some ridiculous hairstyles that don't fit them (mayu with that bush of bangs for instance!!) Blech!

Anyways I know they try new stuff out but c'mon it clearly doesn't fit her. I mean Umeda is like 25 or 27 or something and was wearing this hairstyle like 5 years ago. I just don't get it hah!

Attached Files:

18. Time007

Time007 Kenkyuusei

<crickets>

I was actually a long time reader/lurker before I started my profile on this site. I feel like there are less posts than there were in previous years. Is this downturn in traffic and posting a sign about people's interest in Meru, or less interest about AKB48 in general or just the site? I wonder, I think its more to say about AKB48 getting more boring (some might say the more famous members graduating etc adds to this). Well maybe as stage48 goes, so goes akb48's popularity then. Maybe its an early warning sign? (I find myself bored of the lack of tv time of mayu, rena, and meru. and when I do see mayu and rena, its on something boring.) at least meru does some interesting funny shows every so often.

well back to silence...

<crickets>....

19. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Well there's not much to say, so...

But as i say in Tomonaga Mio thread, as long as there still news, the thread will not die.

And you know, Meru got 120 pages, it's the triple of Yamamoto Sayaka. I don't think we are behind anyone in terms of being an active fandom

20. Neve

Neve Kenkyuusei