Tashima Meru (Meru) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. merumirun

merumirun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aramakimisaki
    thanks, glad you help me.
    i'll look for that odekake eps. Thanks

Meru is really funny, my first oshimen is Murashige on HKT since she was funny too. But since the scandal i think (?) i rarely see her. A while back, i just watched HKT48 variety again, and found that Meru was really fun, but after read this thread i realized that Meru has a bad year (or no?) can you tell me what happen to her?

^ I'm sorry i'm new to this forum, is it okay to ask some question like this ^

2. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    The melon juice episode was the 33 but like you said I think there was two episode so the other one the 32!The was scary/funny moment on ep 33 and in somewhat related to that,episode 126 was nice!Don't trust Meru with sharp things!:p

@merumirun pretty much any episodes of odekake she was in could be nice to watch(can't be really precis) or any shows really!but on top of my head I would also say maybe episode 77 and 88 of Goboten!

Edit: I meant episode 70 of Goboten and not 77!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  3. SaiDo

SaiDo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Anyone watched last night's AKBingo? Meru's name hasn't shown up. I hope she do get lucky this year!

4. Lisa

Lisa Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    @merumirun It's fine to ask! It seems over the years management's push regarding Meru wasn't really giving the results they expected. When she joined HKT48 as 2nd generation, she got a major push and got to center HKT48's first coupling song Hatsukoi Butterfly and also their first single Suki! Suki! Skip! Evidently a lot of the fans got upset because they had their own opinions about who should get to center, namely Kodama Haruka, or at least some first gen and not some newly arrived kenkyusei... but management seemed to have great plans for Meru and they even called her the "new Jurina", showing how highly they thought of Meru. Times passed, however, and despite ranking on her first ssk and the following ones, her rank never rose past under girls. Other members, like her fellow generation member Tomonaga Mio, showed a much bigger rank rise through the years for example, so it seemes that Meru has stagnated somehow. Kodama Haruka centered Hikaeme I Love You, which was something a lot of fans awaited for a long time, and Meru started to be slowly pushed aside, as management focused on other potential members. Since then Meru has been having a hard time with screen time in pvs, show appearances, and more... when she finally reached the age to start doing gravure work, her body had been changing greatly, probably due to puberty but maybe also as the result of some form of overcompensating her personal struggles. She became less prominent and started to draw back from her friends in the group. During her past seitansai she gave a moving speech talking about how much she had been trying to keep to herself her feelings and how much she disliked herself that year... it has been hard for her specially due to her dropping from rank 32 (undergirls) to rank 43, in the ssk 2016. She has been getting back row positions for the latest singles and pv, hardly getting any work outside HKT48.

Sadly, a lot has been discussed about her weight, even being said that she had gotten fat, and a joke that was seen under a bad light was retweeted by Miyawaki Sakura at some point, though she claimed her twitter was malfunctioning...

2016 was indeed a bad year for Meru, specially emotionally because she may have been feeling like she isn't able to climb higher and achieve more. She has been getting back up on her feet again, and started being more friendly towards other members, opening up a bit more and sharing her feelings of frustration and also happiness. She managed to be selected for the NHK Kouhaku, which was a big deal for her, so hopefully she can start finding ways to improve herself and reach her life goals, whatever those may be, even if unrelated to akb.

That's mostly what I can think of, and, of course, a lot of it is my interpretation and even speculation regarding her current situation.

Ps: sorry for this long post!

5. Kudostar

Kudostar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    @merumirun and don't forget to check any episode who has meru ume on the set [hehe][hehe][hehe]

6. merumirun

merumirun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aramakimisaki
    @Lisa Wow that's really long but well explanation. Thanks
    I understand the situation now, i feel bad for Meru i hope he has a good year now and everything will be better for her

@Kudostar sorry, what's Meru ume?

7. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    @merumirun Umemoto Izumi was an HKT48 member, now graduated. Meru claimed she had a crush on Ume (that's her nickname), they were cute together!

8. Kudostar

Kudostar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
  9. merumirun

merumirun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aramakimisaki
    @Lisa Oh okaay. I've watched that odekake special episodes too, really funny :)
    And i just remember the moment when Meru was crying because she's too happy when she saw Ume act as a boy, so cute
    thanks

10. merumirun

merumirun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aramakimisaki
    @Kudostar thanks :) I've already watched that episodes. Yeah so fun

Actually i've followed 48 group since 2011 (JKT48 first then HKT48), and due to some reason i quit. Last holiday, i found hakata hyakkaten season 3 shows and watched it, it was really fun especially Meru and Mirun, since then i started to watch HKT show again, but it's pretty hard to find HKT48 show with english sub

Edit : double post, sorry

11. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
  12. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Well, that ^ was something! [hehe]

13. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

I think the funniest Meru moment was with Cap when she tried to get to first base with her.[hehe] but I don't blame Meru, Cap looked hot in that dress, I'd do the same if I was standing that close to Cap.:p

14. merumirun

merumirun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aramakimisaki
  15. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Meru posted about her seitansai, here is a translation:

Source: https://jaimelameru.tumblr.com/post/155837827430/meru-e-13012017

Meru+E 13/01/2017

こんばんは☆

Good evening☆

先ほど、公式ブログの方で生誕祭の日時が発表されました

The date of Seitansai (birthday party) is just announced on the official blog

1月19日です٩(๑>∀<๑)۶

It’s on 19 January٩(๑>∀<๑)۶

いつになるか全くわからなかったので、皆さんもドキドキしてましたよね!
私もでした
無事に一月中にできて、良かったです。
平日だから、なかなか難しいかもしれないですが
是非来てくださると嬉しいです
生誕Tシャツの発売がまだなのは、私も気になっているのですが…
待っててくださると嬉しいです!!

You were curious about it weren’t you?
 Me too
. It’s great to be able to do it in January.
 It might be difficult for you to come because it’s week-day
. But I’d be happy if you come
. I’d like to know when T-shirt is on sale…
 Please wait for it!!

今日は一日お仕事でした(´-`).。oO

I worked all day today(´-`).。oO

朝とーっても早起きして東京に来ましたよ!!
福岡空港からだと間に合わないから北九州からヽ(;▽;)ノ
なんだか、朝の記憶がなくていつの間にか東京でしたよ笑

I got up very early to come to Tokyo!!
From Kitakyushu because it was impossible to arrive in time from the airport of Fukuokaヽ(;▽;)ノ
 I don’t remember this morning and I was just in Tokyo when I noticed it lol

その分、たっぷり寝ます(o゚∀゚o)ノ

So, I’ll sleep a lot(o゚∀゚o)ノ

皆さん、いい夢を

Sweet dream everyone

https://plus.google.com/101107068827865810697/posts/arTzoPRr5u8?sfc=true

---------

Also, I came across a photo of Mio wearing clothes that look the same/similar to Meru's clothes, so I was wondering if they borrow each other's clothes, or bought them together? For a while I had the feeling that MeruMio was actually over, because they seemed to distant and different than they were when they were both KKS... but who knows...

Here is Mio:
    IMG_8087.PNG

And here is Meru using a similar blouse:

IMG_8089.PNG

And the skirt:

IMG_8095.PNG

So what do you guys think?

16. merumirun

merumirun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aramakimisaki
    That's exactly same clothes. Well, glad that they're still close

17. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    So, I came across this clip on a Facebook fanpage, and since we recently talked here about how Meru had an injury a long time ago, I decided to post it here:

http://www.bilibili.com/mobile/video/av6962755.html

The clip shows Meru on stage and when she bows, suddenly, her ankle seems to bend and she falls forward. I hadn't watched any stages for a long time, so when I saw that she fell on stage and how her ankle seemed weak, it made me wonder if her ankle bending like that was maybe still a result of that injury she had! Does anybody know anything else about it, or if the incident was commented?

I got so worried about her health!

18. Mayoi

Mayoi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

It looks like she was dragging her foot back and then it was slippery, not like her ankle gave way in my opinion. I would hope that it's true because otherwise that's pretty bad!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

19. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    The way I see it, I'm pretty sure her ankle faltered first and then her foot slid back, which made her lose balance! @TakayaAbe

I've watched it several times and it made me pretty worried... perhaps somebody has watched that performance and can say if she was fine during the rest of it, or if she seemed to be struggling with her foot?

20. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

More like ankle fall from a tiredness rather than a long-term injury. The good is she doesn't scream in pain at the moment, so unless she is using painkiller, all is well.