1. Results for our 11th Annual Stage48 Member Ranking are being revealed! Click here to see it and check how your oshimen did! Updated daily.

The 2017 Stage48 Member Ranking Results (All Rankings Revealed!)

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by ithebigc, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Mana

Mana Kenkyuusei

@minaeshi Your thought makes sense too. Honestly I think it's a mix of both (my thought & your thought) because clearly it's a win-win situation for all, new gens getting fans and being more responsible for sales (they're the future of Nogi), old gens getting more time for more solo jobs (before they graduate), it's really a win for all. and I definitely don't think it's the girls' own decisions, I think the fact that the ones who stop doing HS are the best sellers, 1st gens, and older in age, it says a lot. I think management decide for them to stop doing it and their logic is probably similar to what you & I are thinking.

in the end it's a good decision. and yes my point is that these girls really can't (and shouldn't) be blamed for this, it's a good thing for the group. it definitely doesn't mean they don't care for the group anymore and they definitely don't have the power to decide to stop HS by themselves too. so yeah ^^;

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Reveen

Reveen Upcoming Girls

@Mana - Nice theory and full points for delineating it but I just don't agree with it, I think it's too convoluted and a little bit naive tbh. In most circumstances I subscribe to the adage "The most likelly explanation is usually the simplest one".

I see the conversations with Maiyan/Nanase going something like this

Maiyan/Nanase: I'm seriously considering graduation
    Management: Wha? Why would you do that?
    Maiyan/Nanase: I want more time for outside work, I'm physically and mentally exhausted, especially with handshakes
    Management: You are important to our public image plus you make us a lot of money from CMs and other things, if we excuse you from handshakes will you stay?
    Maiyan/Nanase: I can stay longer if I don't have to hs any more.

I think these members can be criticized, they're getting the benefits of staying in the group without doing the thing that is now a central part of the "idols you can meet" concept. Maiyan and Nanase win because they don't have to shake "sweaty wota" hands any more and they have more time to do outside work, management get to keep their golden gooses a bit longer but it's the fans that lose out because they can't meet their oshimen in IHS any more. If a fan is ok with that then fair dues to them but it would definitely turn me off them.

@minaeshi: personally I didn't downvote either Maiyan/Nanase as there were others more deserving of my downvotes but I can understand why they would annoy people and to me it's justified based on what I said but that's just my opinion at the end of the day.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 7
  3. Mana

Mana Kenkyuusei

@Reveen

But technically, girls like Sasshi, Sayanee or Miichan have probably a lot more influence on what they can do or not and yet they still all do HS. the only other girls who don't do HS right now are Annin and Techi (who both experienced HS incidents and went on breaks, which is understandable). if your theory is really how it happened then, how to explain that Manatsu, Misa and a few others are also not doing HS right now... I really don't think Nogi management allows all these girls to decide it, I also don't think all of these girls want to leave and are tired of Nogi, there's no way. what they all have in common is 1) they're 1st gens, 2) they're older in age, 3) they're top HS sellers for years. So management most likely made them stop, either to help the new gens, or because they just think the new gens doing HS is enough to keep the sales.

Another thing is about the "idol you can meet" concept, I know this is AKB's concept, but was it ever Nogi's concept? I don't remember them ever saying it. of course they do HS events for the sales like every other 48/46 groups, but unlike AKB, they don't have theater, they also don't have 2-shot? So they aren't the same as AKB when it comes to the "idol you can meet" concept, it's much more limited. in fact this is probably why they don't make Keyaki appear in Nogi senbatsu or make them do HS for Nogi like how it works in AKB. They're not as focused on HS as 48G which just makes it even more understandable that they would allow the older girls from older gens who have sold out HS for years to stop doing HS now, and it's not just Maiyan or Nanase right now.

I mean these top members did all the work for years to make Nogi the top group, they had sold out HS for years and shake hands with fans a million times, they did the most for Nogi and made Nogi what it is today and their presence in the group itself is already the biggest contribution right now. New gens are now more responsible for sales which is good so they can feel the importance of carrying the group in the future. and at least they can't ride on Nogi's past success and old gen members hardwork forever. I honestly think it's very fair and AKB should have done this back when they were at the top, but yes AKB is really "idol you can meet" and they care for sales a lot more so they definitely won't let anyone stop HS before and much less now.

4. tiktok

tiktok Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shida Manaka
    Just adding, very first Sakamichi girl who absent from HS was Ikuchan during 17th single to 3rd album release. She really want to participated in HS event. She ask and consult to management to let her in. She talk about it on her Showroom with Himetan around June 2017. But then she never included on 3rd album HS, which can be mean management did not allow her.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mana

Mana Kenkyuusei

@tiktok Thanks, this is a very interesting information! So Ikuchan really wanted to do the HS, but management didn't allow her and it must be because they knew she had too much schedules and did it for her own good... I really do think Nogi doesn't take the "idol you can meet" concept as far as AKB, they aren't strict with HS as much as AKB is... I mean I still think one of the reasons Kawaei graduated is because she felt guilty not to be able to meet fans again. it's a really important part of 48G, but not the same for Nogi, their management are very different. I'm pretty sure management is making all the decisions, if even Sasshi can't avoid HS, it's not girls like Maiyan or Nanase who will avoid it. it's very obvious that they hold no power as members. they can't even open social media accounts LOL

anyway I find it very interesting how Nogi works and the fact that there are more 1st gen members now who don't do HS. I like that it pushes the new gen members to work harder at HS to keep the sales high. it forces them not to take things for granted and that's how it should be for the group to last longer.

6. Reveen

Reveen Upcoming Girls

Sasshi and Sayanee actually seem to like doing HS (or at the very least don't mind it) whereas I can't see Maiyan and Nanase being the types to enjoy hs. I don't think Miichan does full amount of slots so it doesn't affect her too much.

The group is 7 years old and those girls are all at graduation age, hell there's been constant rumours of Misa announcing for a while. Nogizaka management still haven't fully exploited the "golden generation" of Nogizaka, for instance they still haven't done a dome tour. Also as other people have said 2nd generation were a busted flush and 3rd gen still have a while to go before they get known by the public so they keep as many first gens as possible till 3rd gen are fully ready.

Yes, it absolutely is. The main differences between AKB and NGZK are no theater, boring gravure and more conservative seifuku, pretty much everything else was copied from AKB. Without HS Nogizaka never would have taken off.

You can guarantee that when Nogizaka's sales start slipping (and they will, there's a natural curve to every groups interest and sales, Nogizaka is at the top of their curve right now) that they will start doing two-shots and any other gimmick that they need to in order to maintain sales.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    That's not what concept means though, and it's not even just about HS. Yes, Nogizaka absolutely relies on HS just as much as AKB (average. Depends on era) but Nogi's concept is not "idols you can meet". Even now you still occasionally hear that phrase used for AKB but it's never been used for Nogi or Keyaki. Even if you leave out the use/non-use of the phrase, idols doing HS is the standard now and while virtually every idol group relies on HS for their success not every idol group has the same concept.

Looking at FortuneMusic for other groups that do HS: =Love, EbiChu, Team Shachihoko, Kobushi+Tsubaki Factories, 22/7, Shinozaki Ai, K-pop boy group Choushinsei. They're not idols you can meet, either, as far as I know.

Nogi's original concept was the elite "French" schoolgirl with current concept being all about stylish/working in fashion. As of earlier this week they now have 12 members contracted to fashion magazines, only one model shy of 1-in-3 members. As for something else they do that AKB don't, musicals. As a group they do at least one season a year, though the famous members usually aren't involved (that aspect might be copied from AKB)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Reveen

Reveen Upcoming Girls

It doesn't matter whether they SAY they are idols you can meet, they ARE idols you can meet.

That's just what's on the marketing brochure. You could just as easily call AKB, "Those girls you knew from the normal high school that you actually went to". Nogizaka is a variation on a theme, rather than a whole new theme.

Huh? 48 group have done musicals, Majisuka Gakuen, AKB49, Hakataza not to mention all the musicals individual members have done.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Sure, you can meet them. But their concept isn't idols you can meet. It's not attached to their image. A significant distinction.

That is part of AKB's image. Your concept/image is what makes you stand out from other idol groups. And obviously "similarities to AKB" isn't where you go looking for things that make you stand out.

I know (sorry for the poor wording), but Nogi do a lot more. Individually but also, most importantly, as a group.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. goratnik

goratnik Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    goratnik
    A technicality, but you should've given the points to the management, not the girl.

I'm serious, maybe we should include managers on the list?

11. Nory

Nory Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Crown_21st
    I'm super late to the party but here's my ranking:
    1. 160. (174) [2|0] Tsuzuki Rika {+16,0}, 16
    2. 131. (161) [3|0] Takeuchi Mai {+20,0}, 20
    3. 160. (168) [2|0] Yakata Miki {+16,0}, 16
    4. 194. (268) [2|0] Kamimura Ayuka {+11,0}, 11
    5. 194. (318) [2|0] Machi Otoha {+11,0}, 11
    6. 265. (318) [1|0] Uchiyama Mikoto {+6,0}, 6
    7. 2. (2) [34|1] Yamamoto Sayaka {+251,-3}, 248
    8. 280. (254) [1|0] Mizusawa Ayaka {+5,0}, 5
    9. 248. (---) [2|0] Inuzuka Asana {+7,0}, 7
    10. 294. (282) [1|0] Sakai Mei {+4,0}, 4
    11. 294. (364) [1|0] Takagi Yumana {+4,0}, 4
    12. 280. (364) [2|0] Aikawa Honoka {+5,0}, 5
    13. 316. (364) [1|0] Takatsuka Natsuki {+3,0}, 3
    14. 92. (34) [7|1] Kinoshita Momoka {+34,-3}, 31
    15. 338. (305) [1|0] Aoki Shiori {+2,0}, 2
    16. 146. (95) [4|0] Inoue Yuriya {+18,0}, 18
    17. 194. (133) [3|0] Jo Eriko {+11,0}, 11
    18. 359. (345) [1|0] Fukushi Nao {+1,0}, 1
    19. 38. (6) [14|1] Kodama Haruka {+60,-1}, 59
    20. 194. (74) [5|0] Shimada Haruka {+11,0}, 1
    Only 3/20 girls I voted for are in top 100 :( and i was the only 1 to vote for 7 girls. Not going to lie and say that i'm surprised no one voted for them since it's more of a personal taste rather than media exposure but I expected at least another person to vote for Uchiyama Mikoto and Takagi Yumana.

If I knew Sakura fans will be so salty over Jurina.....I swear I would've give Sakura -5 and Jurina will be for sure high in my next rank. Not because of the backlash but because I paid a lot more attention to her past activities after I watched p48.

Is anyone interested to see members sorted by their group and team?

12. wlerin

wlerin Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Oshimen:
    Mutou Tomu
    There is more to being "idols you can meet" than doing handshake events. The theater + high touch is one of them. Cafe events, etc. Nogizaka & co. may do handshake events but they aren't even close to being as accessible as 48G idols.

Granted the distance between them closed after the saw attack, and AKB's lack of smaller performances/zenkoku-type tour concerts hasn't helped either, but 48G emphasizes connections between idols and fans (even if illusory) more than Sakamichi does. Just compare how the two groups use Showroom and social media.

"Idols you can meet" absolutely is not Nogi's concept, and never has been.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Miyazato Rira
    So, the 2018 version will be held in early 2019, like February or March?

14. hjr1891

hjr1891 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Theoretically, yes.

Maybe June for the next. Following the trend of these rankings coming later in subsequent years.

15. Dyeymiiiiiii

Dyeymiiiiiii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saito Shiori
    Twitter:
    JJJJJJJ46
    True. Remember when AkiP himself said that Nogi's concept is "No Concept" when the group was made.

• Old Old x 2
  16. wlerin

wlerin Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Oshimen:
    Mutou Tomu
    He definitely succeeded on that front.

• Like Like x 1