The Keyakizaka Conspiracy Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by Urabe, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Urabe

Urabe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzukiayane
    @Atreyu more or less this is how I had hoped the conversation would progress.

2. megawotaku

megawotaku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Since I focus a lot on vocals and mixing myself, I'd say that Nogi probably wouldn't be able to give SaiMajo/KataMira/Otona the justice those songs deserve. Don't get me wrong, I love Nogi. But I don't think their overall vocals have ever been strong enough to pull off the intensity of said songs. Sekai de Ichiban is one of my favorite Nogi songs but time and time again whenever I listen to it, I always feel like its just a little away from how I wish it would be. I need those vocals to pack a punch especially for a song like Sekai de. The same goes for SeiManne and Poppipa (well, Poppipa is just a bunch of autotune so it doesnt apply as much here).
    Though I do think that Nogi vocals have improved, maybe if they could redo SeiManne and Sekai de.. But after all, I think Nogi's singing is pretty and suited to the sort of songs they do.

• Like Like x 1
  3. KazuminTechi

KazuminTechi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    yveeeeeshere
    That...got me thinking real hard

Sent from my A33w using Tapatalk

4. KazuminTechi

KazuminTechi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    yveeeeeshere
    But none of those were actually "rebellious-like?" songs. But they got the same beat and stuff.

Sent from my A33w using Tapatalk

5. Urabe

Urabe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzukiayane
    Yeah, I feel like to begin with Nogi and Keya have different aesthetics and goals as set out by management. Perhaps we can think of it as a business model scale-up operation where they are testing different products. To make an (terrible) analogy we can look at google.
    Google has a search engine (akb) it knows a lot and doesn't really creep people out, it moves slowly and invades the life of everyone.
    Then google expands their reach into voice recognition and robotics; a little unsettling but it's new and interesting and gets people interested. Eventually they become used to it. (that's nogizaka)
    But then google makes Google Glass; it creeps everyone out and everyone rejects it, it's too far ahead of it's time. (this is what Keya could have been)
    However, because of changing political and social environment people start to adopt google glass "like" objects such as wearable computers (watches and the like) that are more socially acceptable but yet still ground breaking and people become very obsessed with them. (this is perhaps Keya now.)
    This business model is not sustainable in the tech industry since it requires very high capital investments and suffers patent issues etc.
    Fortunately the idol industry is different, it allows for a wide range of exploration with low risk because as the age old saying goes "sex sells."

Regardless; Keya and Nogi serve different purposes for management. However, both of them are setting new standards or "norms" which is extremely valuable for the growth of not only the industry but the careers of all involved. The idol industry may be the most complex, beautiful and fascinating "pimping" business model to date. (and I don't mean that in an offensive way, but more out of admiration.)

6. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    yep. most of nogi's songs are all about love, that's the differ factor from nogi and keyaki I guess. Keya more rebellious, nogi more reserved. Funny thing is, silent majority made hit in public because of this, so many japanese people relate with silent majority's lyrics, that's why it hyped and get 46 million something views on youtube now lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

If I were Japanese, I would definitely relate. At this point, even the extreme conformity that has been typical in Japan doesn't guarantee a safe future, so the discontent can be even greater. Aki-P has his finger on the pulse of the country, lol. This approach appeals definitely to younger people, but adults in society also feel the frustration and insecurity.

I also want to add, though, that I don't think the success of SaiMajo was entirely due to the lyrics. I think the slight awkwardness of the members, Techi's brilliant intensity, the voices, the song and the mixing all contributed to its success. I have often wondered why they used those slightly ugly photos of each member at first; why in the MV they photographed the line looking so much less pretty than the members actually are; why they left in that instant when Ozeki looks awkwardly at the camera.... I think all of this contributes to a raw feeling that gives the song, and the group, more push.

8. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    It's all part of Aki-P's master plan which is to get one of his groups into the 2020 Olympic opening ceremonies. The 48's are out, there would be too much of a hue and cry from the broader public. Nogi is out for both being too similar to the 48's musically and their big dogs are likely gone by 2020 and who knows what position that'll leave the group in. Keya should keep most of it's key members and the face and perma-center will only be 19.

Make songs that are more appealing both musically and lyrically to the general population. Give the group a stand-offish, but still kawaii enough image that will draw the wotas without turning off the rest and them getting an opening ceremony spot gets a lot easier. The rise of BABYMETAL in the west and alt-idols in Japan isn't lost on Aki-P. I expect Keya to be by far the most experimental of the 48/46's especially on B-sides, but even on the A-sides. The biggest question is will they perform SaiMajo at the opening ceremony or will it be something else?

9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

This all makes sense to me. The master plan is why I expect a patriotic "beautiful Japan, wonderful Japanese people" song sometime soon. The crafty Neru, who I think understands the Plan, dropped another line to please Aki-P in her blog recently: "Japan is amazing!" (said about areas in Tokyo that seem to come from the future). I expect a strong but less rebellious song for the Olympics. They have three years to make a hit that dwarfs Silent Majority.

10. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I kind of think the "Think for yourself" theme is exactly something the Tokyo Olympic committee would want to put out there.

11. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    A few members also really like to promote their hometown, like Neru, Nijika and Oda with her endless endorsement of Mikkabi oranges.

12. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    o god you no idea how much I want this master plan to be real. aki-p admitting this will be amazing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Good point: "...want to put out there." Good image for Japan and the Olympics.

As an aside: I love this group and admire Aki-P, but it has always been ironic that K46 was directed by adults to sing a song about not being directed by adults.

EDIT: It appears the Plan is proceeding well. I'm just reading a matome page saying that an NHK show about lowering the voting age to 18 featured cartoon images that looked a bit like the front 3 in the current front line (Hirate, Mii-chan, Aoi), wearing SaiMajo uniforms, as Otona wa Shinjite Kurenai ("Adults Don't Believe Me") played in the background. K46 as serious representatives of the ambitions of youth.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  14. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    if this is goin to spark a revolution, can we at least put berika in front.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Hirate Yurina will be playing the part of
    [​IMG]

16. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    ^ Someone also edited a pic of Yuuka as Napoleon before :lol:

Kimi no hatoo ni....?

• Like Like x 1
  17. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    It's no big secret as he is currently one of the members in Japan olympic comittee. But prob I say by that time there will be another new 48G instead of Keya who is the newest addition to the the scene...JPN48

https://allthingsjpop.wordpress.com...sibilities-of-48group-in-tokyo-2020-olympics/

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...-produce-2020-tokyo-olympics-opening-ceremony

Plus the song will 100% original and to be Olympic related...Saimajo and all songs currently made and future to be made for 48/46 out

18. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I didn't think it was a secret, his being on the committee is why I think this.
    I explained why I think it won't be a 48 group, that goes for any new one. I don't see Keya singing whatever the official Olympic song is. I'm only talking about them getting a short performance during the opening ceremony.

19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I didn't imply you didn't know it was a secret (?) It is just a statement.

I'm just saying the possibility of JPN48 performing is much higher than any other group. Prob all top 48/46 members of each group will be in this group is my best guess.

So not a chance for individual groups whatsoever whether it is 48/46 to even perform a cheer team half-time show.

20. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    JPN48 would have 2 problems one is the backlash because it's a 48 group and a similar problem to Nogi if it takes the top members from the 48/46 groups how many of them will still be there in 3 1/2 years? Keya should still have most of it's key members. I'd put money on Momoclo performing, there will be both solo and group musical artists performing during the opening ceremonies there always are.