Tomonaga Mio (Mio) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. tumblewush

tumblewush Kenkyuusei

Re: KKS - Tomonaga Mio

@Reveen - Yeah, that's what I think so too. I just got confused with what gocchi was referring to, that's all.. I have yet to see the LoD but based on what I've read I think she just basically filled up the designated KKS position rather than being someone's under, really.

@Pebbles - Wow, 9 years? Then she has to be one hell of a swimmer then. Went through the same thing as a kid, too, because my dad's an avid swimmer and he didn't want me to "not know" how to swim. But I guess she doesn't do it now since she's describing it in past tense..

2. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

cashew nuts eyes will bring peace to the world.

Mio is in the third back of the group during the performance, so i guess she is not under of anyone.
    So to speak, she is only here to practice for the TDC.

But i found it strange Meru is not performing for TDC. The revival stage is a important step for HKT, does she have something bigger to attend?

3. valenoff

valenoff Kenkyuusei

Meru's at the HandShake event with AKB48 member. :)

4. odagiri_juno

odagiri_juno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Twitter:
    bizarre_juno

she does,cmiiw today meru is on AKB HS event and even perform as center with other KKS from different sister group.idk why whe was there,kinda weird if she was just attended HS event since meru is the only hkt member there.maybe meru was promoting that KKS only concert,and also big hint that she would be center of that concert.. :D
    another reason i guess because revival concert is a team performance and not hkt as general.there is only 1 vacant spot in TeamH and mio is the wise choose since is very unlikely to put center of hkt in back position.plus it would be disaster to just plucked official member of team H or kick haruppi out of center position.. [speechless]
    a rapper named TOSI made a song about mio,dont understand most of it but is nice i guess..
    enjoy TOSI - Angel Bird.. :)
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9cIqgy4vr8[/yt]

5. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

yeah that makes sense. I can't see meru in row back, and as you said there were only one spot to fill.

So meru is promoting the next budokan KKS performance.

By the way, i'm still searching for UTB photoshoot of Mio, and looking for the BOMB photoshoot. I hope someone kind hearted could upload it [angel]

6. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

Yeah, 9 years is a long time. Considering she's 14, she must have started when she was 3 or 4. It's a good thing she didn't get that swimmer's body with shoulders larger than hips. That wouldn't be so cute...

@odagiri_juno: Thanks for the video! That song is strangely catchy. It's nice that people are using their creativity to show their support for Mio. :)

I've watched a few clips of Mio on Aru YY too. Like I told you I can't understand spoken Japanese very well, but to me it seemed like the other people were constantly making fun of Mio, which put me off of trying to watch more of the show. Maybe I just got the wrong impression though. What do you think?

7. tumblewush

tumblewush Kenkyuusei

Ahaha, well, they were making fun of her, particularly because of the way that she tried to make people laugh. So yeah, you try to do something funny, but then you just end up looking cute doing it, so there's that air-headedness that becomes a constant subject for picking.. XD Which seriously worked in her favor, in my opinion. And now that you've reminded me about that, I think I'm going to scour through AruYY and watch more of it now.. XD And with that swimming thing, I agree about her not getting the swimmer's body.. She's perfect the way she is now.. XD

8. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

That issue of UTB actually arrived in the post a couple of days ago. I don't have a scanner anymore so I just took some pictures with my camera phone which is why the quality is so awful. I've put the pictures under the spoiler tag instead of uploading them to the gallery because the quality is not good enough for the gallery.

9. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

Oh, you know it's a show, they need to be funny to entertain people and keep them from watching. i'm absolutely sure they don't want to be mean to mio at all, just using her natural airhead nature to make fun of the situation. In my opinion it's like in Geinin when the host hit the nmb members with a fan because they fail at making laugh people, and that's what is funny?

Personally i'm watching AruAru because it showcase natural talk of Mio. And if you search carefully, i think there's a segment when she laugh...and damn this is the cutest thing ever. I think it's the one :

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvV1nDoPcHk[/yt]

10. odagiri_juno

odagiri_juno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Twitter:
    bizarre_juno

wow..the UTB shoot is more epic than i anticipated,@reveen if its not troubling you,could you please share the better pic of the interview part to see if there is something interesting in it and maybe mio cat pic while you're in it :D :gavel:

yeah,its just like tumblewush&gocchisama said,the MC is comedian from yoshimoto and its just their usual routine.it might be a bit off for us who didnt familiar with it.the show is a bit better now,back then they often slapped the girl and even made the girl wear a stoking in the head at the end of the show..
    its actually more interesting if the comedian did a boke and tsukomi routine thing.if they get too serious the show end up pretty boring cuz unlike geinin or hyakatten,in aruaru yy there is no cutting/editing.they just shown the whole of it with no break in the middle of the show.there is not much script and few people involved that make a guarantee good screentime and chance to know the girl better..

11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Sure no probs. Again sorry about the poor quality, hopefully some proper scans will show up soon. I just took the text part of the pictures.

12. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

^ Thanks a lot, Reveen! I've translated the interview. Let me know if you guys find any errors.

Interviewer: It's been about half a year since the 2nd generation was introduced. Sashihara-san, from the very beginning Tashima (Meru) got noticed because she was often in the newspapers, but when did you first notice Tomonaga-san?

Sashihara: I met the second generation when I went to their introduction event, but I really took notice of her at the time of the rehearsals for Hatsukoi Butterfly. People were saying that there was this girl who looked like Acchan (Maeda Atsuko).

Interviewer: Is that so?

Sashihara: Because she looked like Acchan in the official pictures. But when we first met I didn't see the resemblance. At the time of the rehearsals for Hatsukoi Butterfly... she kept crying a lot.

Tomonaga: I always cry during dance rehearsals...

Interviewer: Why is that?

Tomonaga: It's frustrating because I can't dance.

Interviewer: Dancing isn't really your strong point, is it?

Tomonaga: No, I'm really bad at it (in a voice that seems to vanish).

Sashihara: It's odd, the way she dances. But it's cute! She's the cutest one now. She's my favorite!

Interviewer: You're speaking very enthusiastically (laughs).

Sashihara: I really came to like her, that's why she seems so cute to me. Isn't that right, Mioten?

Interviewer: Mioten?

Sashihara: Mio-chan is an angel, that's why "Mioten". [Note: The Japanese word for "angel" is tenshi]

Interviewer: You're really in love huh? To think you've come to like her so much!

Sashihara: That's right. I'm already pushing her a lot!

Interviewer: Then don't say something like that! (laughs) There's a rumor that wherever the 48 group gathers together, you parade Tomonaga-san around and show her off to the AKB48 members. Is that true?

Sashihara: It's true! Mioten is already very famous. It seems she's Milky's favorite now. She's always saying "She's really cool. She's the cutest."

Interviewer: Tomonaga-san, what do you think when you are paraded around like that by Sashihara-san?

Tomonaga: "I must have done something very bad."

Interviewer: Hahahaha!

Sashihara: Mioten! You're still very cute!

Interviewer: What kind of person is Tomonaga-san?

Sashihara: She's a very steady person. An excellent student!

Interviewer: Is that so? Even though she has a soft image?

Sashihara: When Meru or someone else starts making noise, she asks them to be quiet. She's like Sakura. And in hotels she prefers to be in a single room by herself, right?

Interviewer: Don't you feel lonely?

Tomonaga: No, not at all.

Sashihara: She's being surprisingly steady. However... her singing is kind of bad!

Tomonaga: Don't say that!

Sashihara: Her voice is too delicate, so we can't understand what she's saying.

Tomonaga: I try singing, but all that comes out is a monotone recitation... People say that my voice is like a dust cloth being squeezed, or that it vanishes like a candle blowing out.

Interviewer: How can they say that? (tears)

Sashihara: But that's cute!

Interviewer: That's all you say! (laughs) You were chosen for the senbatsu of the debut single. How does it feel to be noticed after such a short time?

Tomonaga: I feel happy, and it's a big chance, so I want to give my best!

Interviewer: What are your plans for the future?

Tomonaga: I still don't really have a dream for the future... So now I want to turn HKT into a worldwide group.

Interviewer: You're talking very big! Sashihara-san, how would you like her to grow up?

Sashihara: I'm fine with the way things are.

Interviewer: No, give her some advice. On how to improve her singing or her dancing or something like that.

Sashihara: It's cute when she cries during the lessons, so I'm fine with that!

Tomonaga: Eeeee.... (half crying)

13. tumblewush

tumblewush Kenkyuusei

@DreamingPebbles - Whoah, thanks for the translation. ^.^ It's really nice to see Sasshi's thoughts on our little airhead. I just find the whole thing cute you know, how she comments on Mio crying during the lessons and all that, really just goes to show that Mio's got great senpais and friends looking out for her in the group. ^.^

14. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

@tumblewash: I know right? Poor Mio being dragged around by Sasshi and introduced to all AKB48 members... :lol: Mio seems worried about her dancing skills. She brings it up everytime. And it's interesting that she likes to have a room for herself when staying at hotels. Maybe she's just too shy to share a room with someone?

About Aru YY: Yeah, maybe I'm being oversensitive. It's just that I hate seeing shy people being picked on. But if she's fine with it, I should be fine with it too. As the song says, "repeat to yourself: It's just a show, I should really just relax." :)

I finally watched the LOD of Mio performing with Team H. I don't understand why she sounded apologetical about the performance on her Google+. I mean, I could notice she was very nervous, but I don't think she put up a bad performance. Obviously if she keeps practicing and gets the chance to perform with Team H again she'll end up doing better. As Sasshi said, she's a good student. One good thing is that the audience seemed very supportive of her. When Tengoku Yarou ended she was the only one who had her name shouted.

Also, anyone else got the feeling that Wakatabe Haruka was, like, everywhere?

15. milkyuko

milkyuko Kenkyuusei

where can i find vid of mio in team H perf?? thank you,.. :p i'm kinda interested in her now.. it seems she has succeded in fishing the fisher.. :p

16. Minoru

Minoru Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ryoojane
  17. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

i'm quite surprised to share the same feeling of Sasshi toward mio : Insanely cute, but acknowledge the fact that she sings and dance really bad! Lol. But she precises that it's exactly why Mio is cute.

I lol'ed so hard in this one. Mio can be funny as well!

However, when Sasshi wish to stay the way it is, i personally want Mio to improve her dance and singing, at least to meru level. She is conscious that she has to try hard so this is the most important thing for the moment.

@dreamingpebbles : yeah wakatabe was EVERY-WHERE. But her cheers wasn't as loud as sakura or Aoi, unfortunately. I don't know if her appearance during Hakata legend stage is the same in general.

18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I think Mio might be over-critical of herself, I hope she improves too, just as long as she doesn't push herself too hard and burn out. You have to wonder just how much management advises them, if Mio got formal dance and singing lessons outside of learning HKT stages then she might improve faster but already the time pressure on her must be pretty harsh.

Me too lol. I was watching day 3 of request hour 2013 yesterday and when Sasshi introduced Mio onstage there was a shot of the crowd and Nishishi of SKE was going absolutely gaga for Mio :lol:

And Kobayashi Kana was going "QWTF?" ...but thats just Kana for you :lol:

I mentioned this on the HKT thread, a lot of team H members were away for that show and kenkyuuseis Mio/Mai/Harutan/Iichan/Kyouka/Manamin were in. Mio did pretty well and wasn't the most nervous there by any means, I think poor Harutan forgot her name during the self intros at one stage.

Regarding Wakaharu I think she probably filled in for so many unit songs because she was able to learn the choreography quicker than anyone else and she's a pretty versatile singer and dancer. Perhaps when more of the kenkyuuseis are trained in the Hakata legend stage she'll be needed for less when the more prominent members are away more on other jobs.

Popularity is a weird thing, those that are normally in the background are usually just less popular than those picked to be at the front even though they might be pretty and good performers like Wakaharu. If you're normally at the back then you don't get as much chance to shine as you would if you were picked at the front, its just the way it is. Mio is lucky in that she's unbelievably cute and adorable which gives her a huge advantage but she seems to realise that it takes more than this to continue on in a 48 group. When girls hit 18 or 19 that cute vibe wears off and they have to appeal in other ways.

@tumblewush - Sasshi loves crybaby's, just look at how she goes after Aoi all the time :lol:

@dreamingpebbles - Hey your welcome, glad to be of assistance. Thanks for the translation, its both funny and interesting, Mio is really amusing and it shows just how awesome Sasshi is with the members.

19. tumblewush

tumblewush Kenkyuusei

@Reveen Yeah, and I'm glad to see that being the somewhat overly self-critical psych works for Mio.. I mean, it's not something for everyone, I can tell you that.. Overall, really just looking forward to seeing Mio improve all the more.. XD

20. Jeffsquall

Jeffsquall Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

mio improve will be with time

for me she really resemble acchan in first akb years, like she can't dance well and sing well

but she is irresistible cute, and she really know she have to get better and better

---aside this discussion--

mio owned in sakura crawl... i think management is slowly turning mio in one of the front hkt girls...