Tomonaga Mio (Mio) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Re: KKS - Tomonaga Mio

And there's proof, GIF are already circulating :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It is safe to say she got more screentime than 2/3 of the girls. I don't know what management got in mind, but i won't complain lol.

I'm just a little worried that this push is faster than the progress of Mio dancing and singing wise..i want her to take her time to improve and not feel pressured from that much push.

2. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

I agree. But there's also another problem here. All this positive feedback Mio gets for being the clumsy but cute type (while girls with good dancing and singing skills like Serina don't even make it to senbatsu) might actually discourage Mio from improving her skills. What's the point of trying to dance or sing better if she's already in the management's good graces? From what little I know about her, she doesn't seem to think like this and seems determined to improve. But will that determination hold on along the years? Or will she rather pull a Fresh Lemon and stick to this persona regardless of age?

Anyway, I'm donwloadind the PV now and looking forward to watching Mioten. :XD:

3. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

Looking at her G+ update she is definitively not the type who stay on her assets. In my country we call it : "dormir sur ses lauriers" (sleep on his laurels)

the way you say "not trying to dance better having already management good grace", are you actually targeting Paruru? Lol. IMO she is the greatest example of your sentence. Her performance of RIVER in the 7 anniversary of AKB theater left me a taste of bittersweetness.

I want to have faith on Mio progression. After all, it is what AKB48 is all about. To follow our girl's growth and support them as much as they support us.

4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

LMAO Aoi will be getting jealous

Hopefully they will have learned from the Eriko Jo fiasco. Also unlike Jo, Mio's push was originally driven by the fans and her stellar handshake results, its easier to sustain a push if there is already a fanbase for the member.

@dreamingpebbles - Fresh lemon's shtick became less than fresh a long time ago so hopefully Mio won't go that route. There is no question that Mio will need to improve, cuteness will only get you so far, just look at what's happened to Lovetan since the cuteness wore off. I don't think we need worry about Mio though, she seems like she's intelligent enough to understand what she needs to do.

5. Jeffsquall

Jeffsquall Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

^this

but if you think about joe, theres a big difference

joe was in nmb and even in first dances she already gave up on getting better. The more she tried more she self crushed

but with mio seem different, mio usually write in g+ about get better. And aside the troll mode, sasshi and the other hkt girls are helping her (mioten in HLegend with the variety trio was epic)

and mio has a huuuuuuuge amount of fans, (joe was overshadowed by milky already in the start of nmb)

6. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

Lol I wasn't thinking of anyone in particular actually. :)

I just watched the PV. So... many... colors... :blink:

I'm surprised with the amount of screentime Mio got. Seriously, wasn't expecting this much. It seems she got more screentime than some media senbatsu members (like Ricchan). And whoever directed this decided to not show Mio dancing and instead just showed her being cute. By the way, that picture I posted earlier of Mio eating with Sasshi, WMatsui, Yukirin and Mariko was probably taken when they were shooting that scene where Sasshi makes Mio drink tea. That explains why Mio was there among them.

7. tumblewush

tumblewush Kenkyuusei

I seriously slept through when the PV came out.. Augh, and now that I've seen it, I'm just absolutely stunned. ^.^ Lots of screentime in it for cashew eyes, so you've got no compliants here. Wow, I seriously need to stop sleeping and not slack off.. XD

8. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

[​IMG]

you think you can translate the little bit of text ?

PS : she got a whole page while Sakura and haruppi got only an half page....Management, what do you got in mind????

9. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

Translation for the small text:

Tomonaga Mio's power to make you want to protect her

The sweetness that flows from her whole body makes fans and members want to protect her. "I wanted to improve my self-confidence, so I went to the HKT auditions" says Mio, who had no previous experience dancing or singing, but knocked on the 48 Group's door because she wanted to be like Shinoda Mariko. She has a speech impediment and often gets lost in her own thoughts, but she feverishly harbors a secret idea: "I want to make HKT48 popular in the whole world". Won't you watch over her with great care as she grows up?

They're playing heavy on the defenseless little sister archetype.

I was surprised too! I had to check all the pages three times to make sure I wasn't missing something. I really think Haruppi and Sakura deserved more attention than this.

10. odagiri_juno

odagiri_juno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Twitter:
    bizarre_juno

adding fuel to fire..
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    god that smile..

didnt see this coming,seeing the teaser of sayonara crawl mv i thought mio wouldnt even get 1sec screentime.idk if this because management push,sasshi love for mio,or the director ninagawa fall for mio cuteness who causing this.nevertheless im so happy for mio tho suck for me its still fail to make me love the song..
    well one thing for sure i think mngmnt have learned from ske and nmb mistake,they're not just raised one or two ace and simply giving all the spotlight to them,now they know how to balance the power in smart way then just desperately do some shuffling team in the end..
    as for mio this sure give more weight of expectation to her shoulder..
    too fast?maybe but i think she still on the right balance,plus i get the feeling that mio progressing so much as she given more chance maybe its just me..

11. milkyuko

milkyuko Kenkyuusei

she's sashi's oshi.. and sashi is aki-p's oshi ya know.. do the math.. [hehe]
    but seriously.. i have no complaints that mio is getting more screen time.. more than my oshi really.. i think its because they are pushing her to rank.. any rank.. sakura.. haruppi.. meru.. they've got all pushes and attentions all through out and i'm pretty sure they will rank somehow.. plus this shows that they are really considering mio's strong power among the wotas. management wont give 20 slots to a kks of a youngest group if they dont aknowledge her potential.. plus she's really cute on the screen.. editors cant help it.. [hehe]

12. Jeffsquall

Jeffsquall Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

[​IMG]

people simply can't resist...

13. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina

Mio has officially become my 2nd-oshi. One thing I noticed is that normally when a new girl is pushed, she usually has to receive a lot of negative reactions and hate from fans but Mio seems to be an exception. Probably because people would feel guilty to hate such an angel like Mio :inlove:. Seriously, her cuteness level is way over 9000. She is cutest when she acts naturally like in gocchisama's avatar.
    Now, I feel really bad because I can't order more CDs to give her at least 1 vote. I can only hope that her wotas have enough power to push her to rank in next girl. I would definitely vote for Mio next year :inlove:

14. tumblewush

tumblewush Kenkyuusei

@JeffSquall - You just have to admit, the short cut really does work in her favor. I can't see Mio any other way now. And yes, how could anybody who appreciates beauty and cuteness ever resist something like that?

@kobwad Mio's got this charm around her that really just captures your eye without you really knowing it. Which is why you just can't "do her any wrong" in any way whatsoever. Though she's still got a lot more to
    work on, in terms of skill that is, I think that the pressure of the push will be a stimulus for her to better herself. Welcome to the thread, and keep up the support for the Mioten. ^.^

15. odagiri_juno

odagiri_juno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Twitter:
    bizarre_juno

welcome to mio thread kobwad,hope you can spend more time here.. [hi]
    true,her lovely chara is one of the reason mio didnt have many negative comment.i guess sooner or later mio will have one especially since she has many flaw.i think the other reason why the hate toward her is keep to minimum is because her push isnt significant enough.its big but not make enough impact as mio didnt overtake any higher up position,kinda like ricchan push i'll say..
    if mio for example kick sakuratan and make 2nd gen dominating front member of hkt with meru or even overtake meru herself,the hate would come..
    today is the last day of 14years old mio.. [hehe]

16. tumblewush

tumblewush Kenkyuusei

Just wanted to head this off because it's only a matter of time now anyways.. Just wanted to wish our Mioten a happy, happy birthday. みおてん、お誕生日おめでとうございます^。^There's nothing I would want more than for her to have herself a great year this year.

She's still got a long way to go, we all know that. And now that she's a year older, it's really just nice to see her with that kind of mindset of wanting to just improve herself all the more. And for sure, we as fans are all going to be here to support her all the way. It's always been a pleasure translating her G+ posts. ^.^

And once again, a happy, happy birthday to our Tomonaga Mio. <3 [clap]

17. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

It's been a while since i watched a Party ga hajimaru yo! performance, it's gonna be a great opportunity to watch it again on Mio Seitensai!

It's gonna be a close-up matsuri! And GIF matsuri! :awesome:

18. DreamingPebbles

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

Looking forward to her birthday performance! Cashew nut power go! :XD:

@tumblewush: I like your new avatar!

19. Aaron69

Aaron69 Kenkyuusei