Tomonaga Mio (Mio) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Re: KKS - Tomonaga Mio

Snap, I just had the same thought. I was just watching Saturday Night Child Machine and Mio would be great on this. Mio is just so lovable that she'll go down a story anywhere she goes.

Some screencaps from the last Odekake

Attached Files:

2. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR

^While I agree she will be a hit in what ever show she goes on, SNCM is Team B's show that they earned for winning the So Long drama competition, so I don't think that's show we will ever see her on, and rightfully so.

However, now that you got mind working. Team B, Mioten, hmm [think] . What about a kennin for this little angel. Not anytime soon mind you. Maybe next year or so, after she has a chance to solidfy her place among HKT48 after getting promoted to full member. I would definitely welcome her with open arms to my beloved Team B [clap] .

And yes, management should give some serious thought to really pushing for some variety shows for her :).

3. odagiri_juno

odagiri_juno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Twitter:
    bizarre_juno

@Sukipo Thanks for the link,i finally able to watched it. somehow mio is more energetic than the usual and again did some cosplaying.lol so much when mio become the banana auction dealer..

@Kobwad now that you mention it,this eps did have the same feeling with that old shuukan akb..

@DreamingPebbles i think meru is the one who wrote it as she mentioned in her G+..
    ito raira also share the same feeling as manami,i guess.. :^^;:
    ・゚☆Happy(美´ω`桜)Birthday☆゚・

夏のレッスンのころ、
    ダンスが苦手な美桜は
    全然踊れなくて、
    私の家に泊まりに来て
    一緒に寝ないで練習したよね。

別の部屋でこっそり
    泣いてたのも知ってた。

『やめたい』って
    弱音吐いてたときもあったけど
    それを乗り越えたから
    今の美桜がいるんだと思う(`・ω・´)!

今は、美桜が
    遠く感じるときもあるけど
    美桜を見たら笑顔になれるし
    会った時にはすぐ、
    ぎゅーってして
    ちゅーってして
    独占出来るからいいもーん(。>ω<。)笑

でも私も
    美桜に負けないように
    頑張るからね♡!

本当におめでとうっ\(^^)/

今度また
    ご飯とタピオカ行こーね!*゜
    大好きーっ(っ´ω`c)♡

写真は、一時期
    私の待受にもなってたやつ♪

ほんと可愛いんだよなー///
    私の天使。笑

@hjr1891 welcome to mio land hjr.. [hi]

4. tumblewush

tumblewush Kenkyuusei

@hjr - Yesh indeed, welcome to land of the Mioten.. ^.^ In here you'll get to talk about and experience a whole new level of cuteness that is our Tomonaga Mio.. ^.^

@Pebbles - Loved that part about her drifting away and all that. I don't know, I guess I just don't see Mio as someone like that, drifting so far off as to forget about the friends she's been with since the beginning. It's that cuteness and down to earth level headedn-ess that absolutely gives her the +1 in my book.

5. odagiri_juno

odagiri_juno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Twitter:
    bizarre_juno

finally its here..
    LOD of mio birthday performance..
    [youku]http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTU5MDI3OTc2.html[/youku]

6. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

great performance, i noticed a slight improve in her vocals (especially in dear my teacher). It really wants me to watch the HKT budokan performance.

She was fatihful to her character, shy and embarassed to stand in front of the crowd, doing the "appeal time" thing. The tsundere thing was cute but acting is really not her thing. Special thumbs up for Marika being the Variety Queen. All the thing she talk about turns to be fun.

What was interesting was the talk before their sakura no hanabiratachi performance where they talk about some facts with Mio. She kept saying "stop! it's embarassing" all the time. That was too cute.

Finally, the seitensai wishes with Fuchigami Mai letter to Mio. I'm sure it was dealing with how they live the HKT experience together and how Mio is precious to them. Her, Mio and Meru were really emotional about it, even Mio starting tearing a little bit. You can feel how Meru is close to Mio, crying after Maichan letter's.

Sadly, not much GIF material, even though they were a lot of close up due to the seitensai video status.

7. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

One of the handy things about the 48-family is that there are certain songs that have been sung by nearly everybody. For example in Skirt Hirari, Mio has the same "hazumu iki ochiru ase zenryoku de" line that Paruru sings in 2nd day Tokyo Dome and while Mio's tone is pretty good, the main difference between them is power. Paruru just blasts through that line whereas Mio's voice sort of falls away halfway through the line.

I don't know if Mio is getting formal voice training or not but if she could work on her power and projection first, she could worry about tone and pitch later. You don't have to necessarily be great technically to be a popular singer, lots of performers cover up minor faults through sheer power.

I wish I understood more of what they were saying but you can kind of get the gist of things. Mio's embarrasment and shyness is adorable though.

Overall Team RS put on a fun show but they are pretty raw and uncoordinated compared to Team H. I'm not surprised that they've been putting more kenkyuusei's with Team H lately, sure they're covering for missing members but also they need to pick up their performance levels.

BTW
    Videos of the LOD have been put on youtube, grab them quick before the inevitable copyright takedown
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3HeEcKwris[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZXeUSAxL2g[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45XuDxBs5Xg[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVMV72SWOsc[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ssmXlZoF8k[/yt]

8. tumblewush

tumblewush Kenkyuusei

Mioten was in the Miyako area of Iwate today along with the AKB48 members for a revival cause. If you're not familiar with Miyako, that's the place that was hit with the huge tsunami back in 2011 as an aftermath of the Tohoku earthquake.. ^.^ Glad to see our little angel at work.

[​IMG]

9. sukipo

sukipo Kenkyuusei

Here is a short TV report
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWPPaOiCaoo[/yt]

I'm waiting for tumblewush's translation of Mio's G+ update about this visit ^^

10. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina

After watching the LOD and some of the TV shows, this is my feeling of Mio. She is adorable, probably has the cutest smile of all 48-group members. But at the moment, that is pretty much the only noticeable thing she can offer. Some of the areas that I think Mio will need to improve are :
    -Facial expression: Mio really smiles a lot. But I would love to see a Mio with wider range of facial expressions. I think if Mio can join muchaburi dodgeball or some exciting games in AKBingo, it can be a great opportunity to improve her expression.
    -Singing: Her voice is really weak. I could hardly hear singing when she sang a solo line. You really need to train your vocal, little girl :p .
    -Dancing: When she was dancing next to Meru, you could clearly see the difference in level. Well, Mio had no previous experience of dancing and she has only been in HKT for half a year, so it's expected. The good thing is she acknowledged this problem and is working her best to improve.
    -Variety skill: Don't be too shy Mio-chan. Sometimes you have to throw away your idol image and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm really glad that other girls in HKT are giving Mio chances to improve her variety skill. Even though they are all rivals, they are all willing to help each other. Kudos to HKT girls, they are really awesome :awesome: .

All of these are going to take a while to improve. I hope that the management won't push her too much that she can't handle the pressure. Just give Mio some times and with her serious mind set, I believe she will develope into a wonderful girl soon :) .

11. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

that's especially because of all of that flaws that i like her so much. I want to support her while she is growing up and improving. Just like Acchan's fans from 2005. Don't you know the feeling they had from her first appearance to her final tokyo dome? Undescriptable.

I want to have the same feelings with Mio. i want her to go very far, that's also why i will vote for her. Her bright smile illuminate the grey and monotone life i have....

12. odagiri_juno

odagiri_juno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Twitter:
    bizarre_juno
  13. sukipo

sukipo Kenkyuusei

Yes, she made an awkward-shy-cute entrance after a kid from the crowd win a janken battle.
    The prize was the members autographs and there was 7 signatures in the paper, but only 6 members on the stage. Then she performed Aitakatta and Gingham Check with them.

Here is a fancam

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hspL8efVdAA[/yt]

She was so nervous, poor kid [hehe]
    The other girls were so nice to her, I'm happy for our Mioten <3

14. odagiri_juno

odagiri_juno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Twitter:
    bizarre_juno

thanks for the vid..
    she was so awkward between akb member especially the gingham check performance.. :D
    it seems like the vote for the election is going to start tomorrow,i guess there will be preliminary result announce soon.i wonder if mio could make it..

15. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama

Mio's #51. Not bad, even though i wanted her to be a little bit up since she got a lot of hype with her Mixi growth, G+ followers and her Hanshake shakes.

But She has been beaten by Meru....still, the election voting period is not over yet! I want Mio to be the most popular KKS!!!

My vote will go for you, my beloved Mio. I want you to raise top40!!! At least like Sakuratan!

Feel the HKT rise!

16. odagiri_juno

odagiri_juno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Twitter:
    bizarre_juno

well well well..
    not a bad position to start this campaign..
    49-51 actually is the position i want mio to be which is front 3 of future girls/guaranteed good screentime..
    but well after all the fuss,now i want her to rank higher than any hkt girls except sasshi.. :p
    still just rank is already more than enough since mio basically is far from safe..
    just hope hkt wota didnt joined force to win sasshi and abandon their own oshi so that they have something to brag about to other sister group fan cuz that would be sad..

17. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

HKT wota haven't 'abandoned' their oshi. Japan has a "pro-group" mentality and last year, for HKT as a group to ONLY have their most popular girl ranked reflected not only as a failure on the group itself but on their fanbase. SKE fans have so many girls ranked for a reason. What looks better for the group: a couple of the most popular girls ranking very high with a few stragglers or a dozen girls with varying levels of popularity ranking all over the place? I guarantee not all of Mio's votes are coming from just her wota but HKT fans trying to get the girls with the most potential ranked. Same for Haruppi, Meru, Sasshi, etc. Naopon is admittedly a bit of a mystery though since based on popularity trends among the KKS, Marika and Mai had a better shot at ranking. Looks like she may have some overzealous wota on her side or some fans decided they want her to be one of the KIII frontgirls.

Anyway, Mio will be fine. I bet she'll finish somewhere in NG probably around where Meru is now although personally, I'd like for them both + Madoka to lead FG.

18. odagiri_juno

odagiri_juno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Twitter:
    bizarre_juno

kekeke..its just my wild thought,a worst case scenario..
    of course i would love to see many hkt member ranked instead just few member even if she ranked high.it would be great if HKT fans trying to get the girls with the most potential ranked but lets face it who would you rather vote,a potential member who impact nothing or be part of the sensational story of hetare girl win no.1 spot that could turn akb world upside down?i bet many were tempted by the 2nd choice because there is just so many reason why you should vote for sasshi like she has many haters,she's being treated unfairly,she has done so much for hkt,it would be damn interesting,etc..
    also hkt wota seems far from unity as many event separated them like center thing or rivalry between generation that makes vote to other member seem unlikely.plus this chance isnt coming very often and perfect way to shown hkt existence in 48 group.i mean why ske wota did a campaign to dominated sousenkyo with so many member in it?its none other than to shown their power/existence/what they capable of.so if something can beat that phenomenon,having a member win the sousenkyo must comes cross in mind.the news sasshi win the sousenkyo definitely gonna buried ske domination..
    especially with the preliminary result told its not impossible..
    if ponkotsu girls can win janken so why hetare girl couldnt..
    wait.. :wtf:
    back to mio,well nothing interesting this week..
    she did perform with hkt in some music tv program but i hardly spot her and still searching for bomb magazine that mio appeared solo in..

19. DreamingPebbles

DreamingPebbles Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uimashiro
    Twitter:
    dreamingpebbles

I feel the same way!

In the sosenkyo guidebook, Mio said that she wants to have the same rank that Sakura had last year, which is #47. I hope she gets it. I've bought some voting codes on ebay but I haven't received them yet. I'll give most of them to Mio.

And if you guys haven't seen it yet, Mio posted this short video on her G+ saying that she loves us. By the way, is there a way to link directly to the video instead of the post?

20. .SK.

.SK. Kenkyuusei

All I can think of is to just find the alternative link on YT itself.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMOkk1LJYa8[/yt]
    We love you too :inlove: