When is AKB48 no longer AKB48?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by vikacong, Jun 5, 2009.

1. vikacong

vikacong Kenkyuusei

And so I was wondering. I just realize the fact that each member can decide when they will graduate and how fans are still attached to the graduated members. I like it this way.

But what happen when all of the original members have left and replaced with a new one? Quoting from Ship of Theseus paradox, can they still be called AKB48 with all of your favorite and original members missing?

It is not like I want this to happen but I just want to hear all of your thoughts.

Thanks and I apologize in advance if I said something demeaning.

2. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    Well, if the trademark continues, it's still AKB. Even though the original members are gone.

Maybe people who knew AKB from the start won't consider AKB as AKB anymore once people like Acchan or Takamina are gone. But the ones who became fans because of Team B probably won't care about these leaving and AKB will be AKB as long as Team B is alive. Dunno, that's my thought.

It's like what happened to Morning Musume, it's still MM coz it keeps running but for people who followed from the beginning... Let's no deny it. That thing we see now is not MM.

Perhaps the feeling will be similar in AKB.

3. champloo26

champloo26 Kenkyuusei

no, you didnt say something bad but there is something called kenklyussei i know yyou know that also akb48 will be like MM i guess like geneartions

but i also feel bad when my fav members graduate so i hope the new girls always do their best

4. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

When Sae graduates. At least for me. :p

5. tholin

tholin Kenkyuusei

Morning Musume stopped being Morning Musume when Yossi graduated. IMHO she was the last of the real MM. I'm not sure when that day will come for AKB but all the founding members must graduate before that.

6. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I think that AKB48 already hit the end of it's life as just pure AKB48. Now it's always evolving. I think this began with H2 and B3.

The example I always go back to is how they perform during daily shows.

Then - Now
    Few costume changes - Layered costumes
    Running, jumping, clapping, dancing - Complex choreography
    Instrumental always dictating singing - Making and using different beats to sing
    Chorus-style singing - multi-part songs
    Informal idol concerts - Theatrical performance of songs

I don't know, I just feel that that AKB48 is evolving every Stage and concert they have. They're becoming much more similar to Morning Musume in their performances, which I think is the only way to become better in the music industry, as that's closer to actual artists than they have been.

7. Jin

Jin Kenkyuusei

All the original members will be gone,thats just a matter of time,
    they just doing what MM,hp did before,try to get over it.

btw,Next year is their 5th anniversary,right?

8. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

akb48 stopped being THE akb48 when the line outside of donki disappeared. the existing akb48 is only a mere shadow of what it used to be. though it has become a lot more famous and almost every aspect of the group "levelled-up", what was taken away could never be replaced.

9. strongwindp

strongwindp Kenkyuusei

AKB48 is no longer AKB48 when they can not make you crazy or pay all of your money to buy their stuffs like now.But if the " New AKB48" can do everything like " Original AKB48", they're still AKB48

10. yobanaide

yobanaide Kenkyuusei

AKB48 Is still akb48,however,they are becoming too popular & are slowly becoming something that they aren't,But AKB48 Will no longer be akb48 when they decide to close the theatre or if nyan/maachan/erepyon graduate.

11. minna no uta

minna no uta Kenkyuusei

Well, the group works in a unique way compared to others. Their motto is "Idols you can meet", so in order to keep being AKB48, they must stick to that I believe. Also, the fact that they can remember you and even sometimes know your name is very important. If they start forgetting about their fans, not only the ones who supported them from the very beginning, but also the new ones, then that will be the end of AKB, even if no one graduates.

I don't mind to the new 'additions' done to the stages, as long as the musical quality keeps improving. And as I said the way the group works is very different to others, so comparing it to Morning Musume is a little bit off. To me, the issue with MM is not that there isn't any original member left, but that the new girls have almost no talent at all. That's the main reason to me, and also they don't seem to care about what it really means to be a member of MM. The Berlin Philharmonic lost all of its original members like a century ago :lol:, but they still are the same orchestra they were when founded, right?

12. dracomalfoy

dracomalfoy Member

Since it was originally designed for 3 teams, if we use the term 'generation' then those who performed B1 are the last of the first batch.

It will only end if the mastermind dies.

13. vikacong

vikacong Kenkyuusei

You mean, Akimoto-san decided that he should end AKB48 and start a new idol group with previous member of AKB48?

14. dracomalfoy

dracomalfoy Member

No, I meant it will die along with Akimoto(or he has no more interests to carry it on). That is, if he leave no successor(s).
    Unlike conventional bands, AKB is like a firm. When the big man gone, less likely it will continue.

15. berlaberla

berlaberla Kenkyuusei

Im guessing when most of the original members graduate. Looking at their popularity right now, it's all the original members who are more popular. It leave a bigger impact than an 'insignificant' member graduating. Sorry I have to use insignificant can't think of a better word right now.

Team A used to be considered as the best team, withpopular members such as Acchan, Takamina, Haruna, Maimai, Nozofisu, Mariko. Now that Maimai and Nozofizu is gone, mariko is not getting much screentime and being a frontgirl. It's left with Acchan, Takamina and Haruna.

Team K, which in my opinion is the 2nd best, can also be on par with Team A. The team is already very good with the presence of Sae, Sayaka and Yuko. And a very good singer Yuka. Meetan is also pretty much well known for her sexiness.

Team B, I can't say much about them cause although I've been here for half a year already, I barely know the members other than Mayuyu. But with their song ranking topping the 1st place in AX2009, I believe their supporters are quite alot as well, although not more than the other teams.

So my opinion is that if a few more orginal members from team A and team K graduates, AKB is no longer AKB.

16. ryo48

ryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I think that AKB48 should be viewed as a football team. The players can and will change over time, but fans are supposed to be loyal to the team. I too will be upset when Takamina or Erepyon graduates, but as long as the newer members are interesting I will continue to be a fan.

17. champloo26

champloo26 Kenkyuusei

wow i have never seen it like that, thats a good point but even in a football team when you favorite player goest to another team you will be sad
    the same is with AKB48 but yeah i will be loyal to akb48 as long as their mangement dont mess the stuff up

18. vikacong

vikacong Kenkyuusei

You've got a good view ryo48

I hope I can still see the original members performing the moment I have gotten my own income :cry: :cry: :cry:

The thoughts of graduation is killing me.

19. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

I think once all the stuff that makes AKB AKB ends, the image will kinda fade. Like if they were to completely abandon their theatre in Akihabara or w/e.

One nice thing is that even graduated members come back like Rinatin and Hiichan for the AX100, which is something you rarely see in H!P (i can only think of KonKon wishing country musume members good luck at their graduation before she rejoined H!P)

20. champloo26

champloo26 Kenkyuusei

rinatin came back? which song and which disc? i didnt see that