Yamashita Emiri (Emily)

Discussion in 'Team KIV' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Nov 2, 2013.

1. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Just watched some bits of Sashikita Gassen's Episode 2 and it's kind of amusing of how Emiri is open up being half-Filipino. The bit about her speaking Tagalog comes off a bit awkward and it seemed that all the girls don't have a clue of what it was, but I'm a bit pleased somehow.

She needs to be more assertive though but I'm thinking that the show justg gives equal opportunity.

Some screens:

2. Rainabow

Rainabow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    She can speak Tagalog? Holy crap! I have the need to watch this now!

3. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    She just said "No" in Tagalog, that was kinda it.
    However it did prove to be impressive enough, well, before she told what it meant lol.

She's still not at any basic lvl of it I think, or something must have drastically changed. Although she has moved up from the hardly comprehensible Tagalog intro read off from a piece of paper at the KKS stage lol. Maybe she studied some words to throw out at these occasions, because she indeed isn't shy about her shared heritage. Good that she uses it ofc.

What I also noticed is that she wasn't shy at all, in general. It used to be different but it seems like she now has a lot more confidence. (At least on stage, disregarding any moodiness after the fact lol)
    So I think she did well, for not having done anything spectacular. It's not like her to go around shouting anyway.

In other news, Emiri has joined Yuriya's Cat Room 755
    CYIwCJRWsAEoX6J.png CYIwCKCWwAAFvUa.png CYIwCQEWwAETEbv.png CYIwCrDWQAAZQRe.png

After which Yuriya edited the icon (it also showed up on the recent talks page):
    CYSSYJsW8AAidOm.png

She's also taking guitar lessons! A bit from 15 Jan. 2016 post:
    Today I had an off-day from work, so I went to school!
    The guitar lessons were fun!
    It's still work-in-progress but I did the intro of Spitz's "Cherry"!!!
    Glad that I succeeded at playing the chords (^O^)

Recently, she filmed an odekake episode (which is released at some faraway date in March or smt) and is in Tokyo for lessons/training, which I suspect is for the song & PV HKT has on the AKB 43rd (just my two cents tho)

4. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    I don't know if it's just me @DeJure but I kind of admire her opening up to the fact that she's half-Filipino.

And call me shallow but she mentioned Tagalog instead of Filipino, the language. Some people would just mention, Firipingo or Eigo or Kankokugo or (insert country here) + go, but she kind of knew her heritage and went for something even more than that.

It's a kind of pride that's modest, not stand-offish. The kind of pride that Akimoto Sayaka showed off.

Her first attempt to speak it kind of felt forced. Just trawl to the earlier pages and it felt like she really was reading off of some piece of paper. It still is weird for me though because if she had a G+ account before showing her location, makes me wonder why she can't speak it a bit.

She's still a bit to shy for me but it's the right kind of shy and confidence. I even felt that she's just holding back in Sashikita.

Still wondering what's up with her in Tokyo, the guitar lessons, and such. I won't speak what I'm thinking but it looks like it! :D

EDIT:

Just want to share this a bit:

So I finally got these Yamashita Emiri photosets and this photo-album today. While I admit that I was half-disappointed at the size of the photo album (I ordered A5 size but unfortunately, it didn't fit some of the photos I have currently, mostly online ordered H!P photos) the Yamashita Emiri ones fit in like a glove and I can only marvel at how gorgeous she is. I really wasn't making a mistake when I bulk-bought all the available photos in Suruga-ya.

The photo-album by the way is the Kokuyu NA-160 (holds 160 sheets, looks great.)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  5. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Looks like Sae's trying to convince Bubka to have her and Emiri do a pair shoot. :D

nukLsFK.jpg

6. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
  7. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    You have a nice collection already! I just have one single photo of her lol.

And I also saw that Doumo bit, I was really surprised that they actually visited a Belgian chocolate shop.
    The stuff they sell there costs almost double as much as it does over here.

But! More importantly, I also posted it in the Sae thread, Emiri and Sae's wish from Emiri's seitansai came true! I never expected it, however they did get a duo gravure shoot together!
    Check out the previous page for the seitansai bit. But here are their posts about it:

Such surprising news lol, both for me and them.
    I guess them simply asking it, along with them also bringing it up again a few times simply worked.
    It's not for Bubka though, but not like that matters lol.

8. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    ^^ I'm really pleased with this development :D :D.

Who knows Bubka has one in the pipeline and Entame just made the offer first :D

All the management really needs to do now is to promote the 3ki.

(Seeing Hiwatashi Yui getting promoted first makes me root for the 3ki a bit more.)

(Now if they can do a trio shoot with the MaoSaEmiri that will be way, much better now. :D)

As for the pictures, I'm just playing catching up. I never realized that store had her pictures and I was kind of figuring out what album would best fit AKB48 pictures. Unfortunately, now that I have kind of wiped clean the more affordable photos.

The way I see it she's gaining traction with the fans, and I trawled through the twitter accounts about the valentines event. Not sure how many of the girls graced the event though.

9. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Note to self, when Emiri comes to the Philippines make a Tarpaulin of her next to a bowl of delicious Sinigang.... hehehheheheheheheheje......

10. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    It's been quite long and I have been swept off getting updates from the two other idols I'm looking at, Kaneko Rie and Sasaki Rikako, but I feel half-disappointed and half-expecting that Emiri will be out of this single. DeJure has said that they're merely providing everyone equal jab at the single. Anyway, I just hope Sweet You could create, at least, an indie single or at least an add on in the HKT48 album.

(I once had a dream wherein Emiri starred in a drama set in Okinawa. I don't know why.)

EDIT since I deleted my last post. The scans are up for the Entame!

Here are some of the shots with Kurihara Sae:

20160229023723583990.jpg CcXXc7DUEAA2EeI.jpg CcXXV_4UEAIMUpY.jpg CcXXWagUAAEwtEY.jpg

And probably her hottest shot yet. Those lips...

CcXXWiIUYAARwMu.jpg

11. Rainabow

Rainabow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Don't worry, she'll get back in Senbatsu sooner or later, in all honesty if she ranks this year even at 80, Management will see her Senbatsu status due to her being a trainee.

12. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    Yeah I think her drop was to be expected, but I don't think they just providing everyone an equal chance.

She, Sae and Mirun are the kenkyuusei they favor/see something moving with the most, so they get a chance at more senbatsu related stuff. What I do think is that moreso than putting her (or Sae for that matter) in and expecting her to boom, being let down and kicking them out again, they are putting them in to give them experience, get them known and grow their base. It's one of the types of senbatsu entrances I usually see, people they think have a good base to leverage and grow with the senbatsu run (like Sae, Emiri), people who had some big boost happen and (re-)enter sometimes with a big of narrative.

So for her to re-enter she probably will have to end up in that last category, because I don't see her getting selected for another one of those leverage runs.

I think her run worked really well for her in all three parts of it, alongside giving her more confidence. Just compare her resume before and after. Look at it as the end of a beginning.

Here's her post on it:
    She's taking it a lot better than I expected, well as far as she writes it out. Clearly thinks a lot about herself, which can lead to a clear view like this, or the other side where she's being Yamiri lol. She also now clearly shows how fiery she can be, something that we only heard from backstage stories at the start (and which caused some quarrels as well lol).

So I think she's even more fired up now, which can lead to great things. With big drive also comes big fustration when something isn't going well, but that's just part of it.

Now looking forward, I'm inclined to think that Sweet You will at least get a Theater B-side on the next single. Giving them a name and a newspaper feature just for fun is possible, but I think that a b-side is more likely.

I also think that promotions will be coming up soon, perhaps even on the last tour concerts in March. With the grads we've had I don't see them waiting for at least 4 4th gens becoming ready enough to be promoted for Team T. I think the 3rd gen KKS being promoted into the exsisting teams is all but a done deal now. (If I had to guess a team, I'd say KIV)

And lastly, the Sae & Emiri gravure is really great. It looks good, and has really cute interactions, which is a lot better than other ones where ppl just stand next to eachother lol. You see that simply going for something, asking and not holding back works. And that is just what I hear from Emiri's post.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  13. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    ^^ I have read some persistent 2ch threads and matome discussions providing us an insight that while she felt dampened with her not being chosen, and while we're expecting that she probably won't, she felt riled up instead of being let down. Never knew this was kind of an issue for everyone and never knew she had this kind of support.

Well let's see how it will go from here on. Right now, it felt like there are some aspects of her in the variety show giving way to the new ones. I hope she's not sidetracked this way.

(They were also wondering if she was dropped just because of Sweet You, but then again...)

About the gravure, I dunno if it's just me but she felt whiter in that last pic I posted. In any way, this is even hotter than the last pictorials! Still I want her to do more of it and who knows, being in a drama program. Dunno why but she fits the bill.

14. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Her whole attitude in that post is fighting and fantastic. She's already looking forward to the 8th single, which is brilliant, and working towards inclusion in that.
    Her position was the most unstable one from the 6th single, but look at this! Moving onwards and upwards. I love her attitude, I really do.

Re: her gravure - it all looks fantastic. Better than some of the more popular HKT members!

15. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    It's been a while but, here's a snap of Emili for the latest issue of Overture!!

She needs more photoshoots like this :D

(Ugh, I need more Emili in my life right now...)

At the first glance, it looks like as if she had this short short hair till you see they made twin tails out of her already short short hair.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  16. strawberry-baby

strawberry-baby Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakamotoerena
    It's a great picture! Wild hair suits her. I love when photoshoots push girls in unexpected directions.

17. fukasaku

fukasaku Kenkyuusei

As expected of Overture!
    Its very good shot!
    And Emiri is very beatiful there!:1st:

18. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
  19. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    It's for a radio recording, they're going for the MaoSaeEmiri trio, but fans of the three have arranged to pool their efforts on Emiri because only the highest one(s) can choose.

Talking about MaoSaeEmiri, they had a shoot with Rikopi and Mariri for Young Animal.
    10 - 1 (3).jpg

20. ooioo

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    ^^ Thanks DeJure :D Looks like Emili's casting the net wide now, while making friends in the process. :D I'll be watching this Odekake soon.

From what I've read as well, she went to see Chihayafuru all by herself as well.

Still no Overture scans yet though sooner or later I'll find one.

(And yeah, about your place, please do take care with what's happening these days.)