Members you hated, but now love (or vice versa)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by karles48, Oct 20, 2011.

1. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I was used to be disgusted by idol with ikemen chara, or anything cross-dressed. It still disgusting me now, but I learned to ignore it bit by bit.

2. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I wouldn't talk about hate and love this time...I used to dislike Kitarie a bit, but I've realized that I've grown quite fond of her of lately...

3. Millyna

Millyna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Sakura.
    N the beginning, she was just another pushed member towards me who 'stole' spots of pure AKb members.
    But after centering Kimi wa Melody, I started researching about her. I now like her ^^^^

4. giraffeyuki

giraffeyuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Interesting thread. Got a bit free time, so I write quite a bit..

Dislike -> Like : Jurina
    Jurina started off quite badly to me: daughter of a very rich man (who owns pachinko parlors and that SKE building, with possible Yakuza connection), heavily pushed by management (who else got pushed from newbie directly to become center, lol), and was a little bit brat when she was young. All are recipe for hate, right?

Actually, it's not Jurina that I disliked. Rather, it's the situations surrounding her that I disliked. Technically she didn't really do anything wrong, but she became sort of a poster girl of the unjust, biased, double-standard things that AKB management (or even people in entertainment business in general) did from time to time.

But over time, I managed to shake all these off. First of all, of course, what her parents do have nothing to do with her. (Later on, I read that all the stories about her parents being rich are likely not true, just lies sprouted by antis, seeing how Jurina actually lived in a small house with her mother, etc etc. Mind you, for non-Japanese speaking like me, you will encounter literally a lot of articles/forum postings about Jurina's parents being rich, compared to the opposite. But anyway, even if her parents are rich, it's still nothing to do with her.)

Was she heavily pushed? Yes. But also, these were management's, not hers.
    Was she a little bit brat? Probably yeah, a little bit. But again, probably 95%+ of girls/boys around that age were a little bit brat lol.

Turned out that she matured quite well. She can appear very cute/girly, but she also can appear as a beautiful kinda-matured woman. She has an aura of coolness (she can totally nail songs like Uza), yet not become obnoxious/bitchy like some of those female Hollywood celebrities. Just an all-round matured & balanced idol/person, who knows how to behave.

Like -> Dislike : Sasshi
    It's the opposite of Jurina, Sasshi started off almost like Cinderella story to me. She's not very pretty, but she's quite cute and has this nice natural face, you know, compared to those female celebrities (and even some 48G members) who had those plastic surgeries.

My very first 48G artifact is a magazine with Sasshi on the cover, that I bought few years ago. And of course, just had to stumble on that TV series where Sasshi was like a maid/cleaning lady(?) at a small theater, who later on somehow become the actress herself.

The problem is, the more I know her, the more that from time to time she does things that made me cringe/raise my eyebrows. Sure nobody's perfect, but in her case, there are just too many that I would have cared for, especially from an idol.

- She's quite often said/wrote controversial/blunt things, or involved in direct confrontations wth antis (in social media, etc). I get it that celebrities are also human, so I understand if once or twice they do such things. But just not this often.

- Once, she went to the twitter page of one anti, and exposed/teased the anti (about the stuff where this anti was just talking about her private life). It's actually not the "teasing" that is the problem to me, instead, it's the fact that she's fully aware what's going to happen ; which is some of her fans will start attacking this anti ; and yeah, that's what happened afterwards, this anti was overwhelmed and had to close her twitter account.
    To me, it's as if she said to her fans: Guys, here's an anti, get her for me..!

- She won in 2013 SSK; and in 2014, after she lost, she openly wrote that she was very angry and frustrated, and at that time "everybody was my enemy". To be very angry like that, means that she feels the "norm" is that she should always win.
    I mean, when Acchan or Yuko lost the year after they won, yeah probably they were disappointed inside, but they didn't become overly angry or frustrated. I think I even remembered Yuko's speech when she lost to Acchan was being grateful to be given that precious Heavy Rotation song.

- And that mizugi concert. Sigh..
    Good thing western media didn't pick up this story, we know how biased western media are towards AKB. If they run a story like: "AKB48 member promised bikini concert to gain more votes in their election", sure it won't sound good. But if they do, just for this once I won't blame these media, because it's exactly how it sounds.
    For me, there's a big difference between idols appearing in bikini as gravure (which is just part of Japanese entertainment culture for like the last 20-30 years); and what Sasshi did, which is just cheap. And I don't expect to hear other members following Sasshi, for example, promising to "appear in bikini in 1 session of handshake if can make it to senbatsu", etc etc. Just no.

- Does she like to hog the limelight? I don't know. But can someone explain this example? At the 10th anniversary in theater last Dec, the MC was separated into senior members (Takamina, Yuko, Acchan, Mayuyu, Yukirin, etc) and younger members (Yui, Sasshi, etc). Takamina and Yui were the "hosts", so we need to exclude them.
    During senior members MC, other than Takamina, nobody hogged the mic. During younger members MC, other than Yui, it's so obvious that Sasshi hogged the mic. Probably she even talked more than Yui. I mean, this is AKB event, not one of her TV talkshows..

So yeah, I used to like her, but now..
    Physically, to this day I still find her quite cute;
    But her personality ticked me the wrong way, simply not what I expected from an idol..

5. Kudostar

Kudostar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Just searchin for keyword sasshi meru and ended up being here, so..why not?
    Dislike--> like sashihara rino
    One of my oshimen well until now is yuko, she always been confident, strong, and charismatic. She's different from other idol.. But suddenly this sashihara rino winning 2013 senbatsu sousenkyo. I mean who is she?? She's not too pretty, unconfidence, on the contrary to my oshima yuko.

After that I'm starting to watch all of the AKB MV to find out about her, but she barely even on the front so I don't know if she was good on performing, tsk..still not good.

But when I'm starting to search anything about tashima meru, automatically..I started to know about HKT48 more. And that's when I know I respect sashihara rino.

I always love strong woman, that's why I love yuko, now I know that sasshi is someone strong in her own way. Being able to conquer all of hates, media pressure, when she face her scandal, it's not an easy thing..please do try to change your position in her shoes that day and feel her misery.

I feel thankful she has her scandal, since it changed her a lot. After her transfer she became more talkative, updating her blog, updating her twitter. Yes she's attention seeker, but AKB world is a tough battle. If you don't know what's your strength, you'll never have a chance to shine. She never gets any good push like other girls (I don't have to mention who) , the only way she have a chance to have a good mv spot is in the senbatsu. When management have no authority to place any girl. That's why she aimed it, that's why I really understand how frustated she was when she lost. Well not to mention her position now in 43rd single as a proof. But hey, at least now management realize her MC talent..she always have good time screen in stage, as expected from sashihara..always find a way. I'm glad everytime she's doing her MC part, she always know how to introduce new member and make them more relaxed and talk freely :)

And for me this is a good example for other members whose not getting pushed by management, always find your biggest potential and make your own way to shine. You don't need to be acchan 2.0 or yuko 2.0 to get to the top. Just be yourself no matter how much people trying to get you down.

So yeah, she's strong as hell (yes she's a monster) she know what she wants, she can handle her crowd perfectly, and at last but not least..she loves HKT48 so much, out of her strongheaded, ambitious sashihara. She have a gentle heart towards HKT member, doing her pushed perfectly..miyawaki>kodama>tomonaga>my tashima . Slowly but sure presenting nako and miku. How she really want okapan to go into shekarashika song. Always teasing meru for ume. When it comes to HKT48, I cannot write it..it will be too long. One thing I know for sure, if sasshi graduated..I can imagine how sad those girl will be..they love her as much as sasshi love them. You can see it in AKB group rinji soukai, the part when sasshi's name is called to become HKT manager, for me as long as my meru love sasshi so much, I will love her too.

And yeah not to mention her talent beside making some noise:
    Producer of masumurabu
    Yuubi matsuri
    Gyakutenryoku
    Documentary of HKT48
    Lots of talkshow

So yeah, sashihara rino have a lots of thing to hate. Saying what she wanna say, doing everything unpredictable,cannot stop getting attention, cannot stop moving too much (LOL) , being not too cute (her voice is not even cute at all), being too honest about what she feels. But as long the reason to love her is worthed, how she love HKT, how good she represent AKB in every show she went into, how she always enjoy talk to people in twitter, stay funny, having so many talent in talking and leading producer, being strong the way she are..I think I don't mind to change my dislike to like at all. So cheers for you sashihara rino!!

Like --> dislike

Well I don't have such a guts to hate these girl. I mean when you love someone you will gather any tiny itsy bitsy detail about her. But when you hate somebody usually you don't do the same. So I'm not doing it, I don't hate any girl (outside my oshi: yuko, ikoma, meru, now sasshi) because I never try to get to know them closely until I can say I hate her, who am I to judge anyway.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rika

Rika Kenkyuusei

Forget what I said before, Mion is bae :cute::cute:

7. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    From meh to Like
    Kitahara Rie
    She can't really sing, and not really your prettiest ultra idol type, and tbh I found her face a lil weird but the documentary of her life really made me respect and like her. Her life's up and down is real, her insecurity is real, and I don't just see her as an idol, but also as a genuine normal girl. When she said that she was insecure that the management did not really use her as intense as before because she felt she was not needed anymore (not because she thinks high of herself) was really touching. I am looking forward to see NGT progress, because I see her as the selfless type who wants to contribute for the group.

Haruka Nakagawa
    I used to cringe everytime girl sang :s But, ever since her transfer to JKT, I warmed up to her and her voice somehow is not as cringy as before (JKT gyals must have taught her singing). Transferring to an almost unknown country like Indonesia sounds quite a challenge, but she used that chance really well, she learned the language, blend with the people and quickly became one of the aces in JKT and she is among a few JKT members who are recognized (in a good way) by non-48fans Indonesian people. Her graduation announcement shocked almost everyone, not only JKT members and fans, but also non 48 fans.

Vice versa (from like to dislike), I guess Aki Takajo fell in that category, but I guess I never really disliked her, her attitude change after getting transferred to JKT rubbed me off in the wrong way tho.

8. Miyaku

Miyaku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Dislike-->Love Sashihara Rino
    She was never the type I'd always like. When I first knew her, she wasn't the shiniest nor the strongest/prettiest among the group. I didn't like her weak and ponkotsu character in Dero. The scandal at first made me dislike her even more. But surprisingly, and this may sound wrong, I think the scandal changed her in a positive way eventually. Since she was transferred to HKT she amazingly (and quickly) developed her confidence, as this allowed me to start to think that she actually has a great charisma. On top of this, what really made me like her was her solo campaign, this girl really worked hard. Yes, it's obvious that she likes seeking attention, but she's also risking an increase in the number of her antis. She combats her antis publicly, but I guess this is her form of strength and her way of handling stuff. She shows her talent and ambition in the MC and how she organises HKT - she is in fact strong, very strong in her own way.

Like-->Hmm Iriyama Anna
    I like your personality. But please, please work on your dance.

• Like Like x 1
  9. okayuki

okayuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Twitter:
    okayuki
    dislike--> like: Komiyama Haruka her smile afraid me at the beginning and i consider her like a princess who believe all is for her. But after the documentary i see she works hard to be the best and she is very close with a lot of other girl like the 15th gen

10. escaparrac

escaparrac Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    I hated Paruru, then i liked it a bit on Atsushi Paruru no Marumaru Baito, then i hate her again with all my soul.

I hated Murashige Anna, but i felt in love with her, since its hafu and i think she is similar to Tani Marika in terms of loneliness and social skills.

I loved Milky, but i feel she is a bit stupid lately so... To he hate sac.

I loved Jurina, but same as Milky, i think she lost her "freshness" and i for no reason i stopped liking her.

11. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    So this needs reviewing in light of all the members I now know and love...

Neutral ---> LOVE

Nogizaka - everything about them has jumped into my life on a white horse and I am smitten.

Dislike ---> Like

Myao - her recent boom back to full power has also reinvigorated my love for her. Absolute force to be reckoned with...
    Mikichan - full love for her now, and I want more to happen for her too.
    Mirurun - wasn't that big a fan of her in the beginning and I couldn't see what all the fuss was about... now I am on board. :)
    Moechan - following her on social media has made her more likeable to me.
    Manami - bad handshake experience with her made me go off her, but her performance skills made up for it.
    Mikitti - seriously does everyone begin with an M?! I just like her a lot more now :)
    Momoka - it's everything. I didn't use to be on board with how she seemed OTT... but now she's my favourite Team M member. LOVE.

Like ---> Dislike
    Madoka - I didn't even like her to begin with, and now I can't shake it off. ¬¬ She may have some likeable qualities but it would take some work for me to see it...

Like/Dislike ---> Neutral
    Yukarun - I no longer see the appeal. I did like her, but it's gone. Vanished.
    Natsu - she used to be a favourite of mine, but again the appeal waxes and wanes.

That'll do for now...

12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Neutral -> Like
    Yamamoto Sayaka - I used to think she was a little cold and unattractive but more recently I've discovered her very warm and lovely personality.
    Shiroma Miru - Until recently I felt she was a very ordinary member of NMB48 but now I realise she's very sexy and has quite a wicked sense of humour.
    Kojima Haruna - It seemed to me she was bored and ready to graduate but now I find her to be very happy and ready to show her funny side.
    Muto Tomu - Someone I never noticed much until recently, now I think she's very sweet and pretty.
    Shinoda Mariko (if I can include grads!) - I couldn't see why everybody liked her so much, but having seen her recently on Music Station and at Takamina's grad show I now find her to be both attractive and funny.

One Nogi mention - Kawamura Mahiro (Rottii) - I'd hardly noticed her at all until about a month ago, now all of a sudden I'm liking her so much I consider her to be my second-favourite 46 group member behind Nanamin.

Like -> Neutral
    Yokoyama Yui - I feel I'm liking her less now she's the General Manager. At last weekend's concerts she seemed to be hogging the limelight between songs, being over-emotional and having too much to say.
    Takahashi Juri - She used to stand out for me quite a lot as being very pretty with a warm personality, now she seems to be very quiet and I rarely seem to notice her.

13. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    "I used to like you, now not that much".
    • Yamauchi Suzuran: I really liked Ranran back in 2012/2012, she's beautiful and her singing/dancing caught my attention, so shortly after Team 4 was disbanded and got moved to Team B, began to follow her a bit more (OMOIDE IJOU). While her stage presence is still on point and it's always a delight to watch her units, she doesn't stand out to me anymore, and doesn't help my minimal interest in most SKE48's activities. I need more of her singing like in AKBINGO Diva Contest (1) (2), otherwise I'm not interested.
    • Watanabe Miyuki: She was the first member that caught my attention in NMB48, and still one of my favorite dancers. She is beautiful and love her modelling shots, but I cannot help but feel she is no longer into this anymore. I don't know if she feels restricted, bored or frustrated, but it's reflecting on her live appearances and that is quite a turnoff, especially considering that time ago, Milky always looked like giving her 200% and have fun.
    "I didn't like you at first, but I want to know more about you".
    • Owada Nana: Why she got the overpush back in 2013/2014? That was my question, and while I found her very pretty, still couldn't see why. There was nothing else that stood out for me regarding Naanya. The more I got more into newer generations, the more I paid attention to her. She has a lot of star qualities, but lacks confidence and, being a woman and having my own recent issues with weight gain, I can feel more related and willing to support her. She can become a key member in the futre as long as she works hard and believes in herself.
    • Miyazaki Miho: I didn't like her during her boom. She was lost in Oshima Team K (my favorite team, but I cannot say she was a key member there) - I'm thankful to her recent revival to value how much she contributes to the group, because current senbatsu lacks a lot of variety, wit and strong personality. Myao can definitely deliver that thanks to her experiencies and not being an ortodox member of the group.

14. Blair Collins

Blair Collins Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    I used to hate Kitagawa Ryoha, she seemed like she shouldn't have been and idol, always crying, getting upset, hiding behind other members, being really awkward and not taking part in anything. Now though I kinda like her, she has grown a lot and no longer looks like a deer caught in headlines all the time and seems to be a lot more confident and I find myself routing for her.

I used to dislike Paruru when I first saw her, always seeming quite cocky, insulting and salty to other members, it was like she was trying to be like Myao in the early days. Now though I like her a bit more and don't mind her saltiness.

15. Ryuu

Ryuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    This is interesting.

Dislike to like:

Perhaps because I used to be Mayuyu's fan, when sasshi win the election (the fifth election), I had this bitter feeling toward her. Like she disrupting the balance that management try to set up before in the election (Acchan from team A, Yuko from team K and Mayu from team B). She isn't cute or a good singer/dancer at all. (Not awful, simply average). Her scandal and transfer to HKT just adding the fuel.

But when I watch her appearance in varieties shows, I couldn't help but to think that hey, this girl should have some confidence because she is akb new queen. etc (and she was always bullied in variety by other senbatsu members before becoming a queen LOL). But most important;y her skills as a host and HKT theater manager gained my respect for her.

Like to Dislike:

rather than saying I like her before, this girl is just mehh/neutral in my previous opinion. Watching her in akbingo (the episode when the seniors trying to find the next variety queen), I find that she is really silly (her big eyes and open mouth). But that just it. I didn't follow much about HKT and sakura definitely not one of the members that I closely watch (like murashige and tanaka natsumi). I would love to see her become the center of HKT but not AKB. :hmm:

The feeling of neutral change into disbelief when she become wcenter with Mayuyu in kibouteki. I was surprise when the wcenter was announced. who is this girl? I asked myself again at that time. of course, like everyone else, I feel annoy when she honestly admitted that she is scared that she will be blamed if the song wouldn't sell well (because of takamina's prank). Hey, have some faith on Mayuyu at least! but that issue slide because I haven't heard much about her after that. UNTIL she become the main chara in MG4/5. I began to take her seriously after the drama. I was expecting naanya or any akb younger gen to portray acchan's infamous roles but she got the roles instead. next one, she manage to outrank paruru which ironically remind me of the last fighting scene when salt said that sakura isn't capable enough to beat her (But she did. I awkwardly try not to laugh at my oshii who was beaten on the same year :fp::^^;:)
    disbelief change into DISLIKE when she become the center of so call 10th anniversary single KwM. :asdfgh: why. just why. what is the significant meaning of putting her as the center (the song is great but I'm at this point, totally biased). Is this what the old fans felt when management pushed Jurina instead? :confused: at this point I couldn't even look at her without cringing.

She is innocence and this is all management's fault is what I told myself. Both Sakura and Paruru got their fair share of haters because of it and optimistically I consider that by pushing sakura more than paruru, this could at least lessen the amount of haters in paruru's side. LOL.

16. tsukiname

tsukiname Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Dislike->Like
    Ichikawa Miori: I couldn't stand her. Horrible singing and dancing were actually the things that bothered me the least. Since she transferred to NMB,she has shown that hilarious part of herself more,and now I really like her. I love funny girls.

Like->Neutral
    Watanabe Mayu: I guess I liked little Mayuyu too much and now without that character she feels to me as just another really beautiful member. Not dislike,just not loving her as much as I did back when she was in WH7 (She was my oshi back in 2009-2010)
    Kashiwagi Yuki: I like Yukirin,but every time I see her on stage I just can't look at her. That weird body and dancing of hers...XD

Like->Dislike
    Nishino Nanase: I loved her at first,a shy girl who loves drawing,just like me. But as I watched more Nogi things I just didn't care of her anymore,there's something I can't stand of her,probably the faces she makes like everyone should pity her.
    Matsui Rena: I hate fake people,and the documentary of Rena just showed how fake she was. She didn't think of anyone as a friend. WMatsui wasn't real,neither any other relationship fans would think she had. She just cared about herself.Seriously,that documentary just ruined my opinion of her.

17. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Off topic: Are usually that her document change you're feeling her. No matter what happens. Change it up or down.

There wasn't happens me any changes... Yet?

18. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Huh? What are you talking abt?

19. haryo48

haryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    neutral->like
    Nogizaka - now I like everything about them
    Like -> Neutral
    AKB48 - I'm kind boring lately
    Rena never claim as WMatsui, this is just fans who's made.

20. liakyan

liakyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka
    Twitter:
    idollia
    I used to like mayuyu A LOT (she was my 100% oshi in 2013/2014) but her charm has simply...faded a little for some reason. I still like her, just not as much.
    I think being in senbatsu too long makes some girls jaded
    I also used to like yukirin too, but the same thing happened with yukirin as it did with mayuyu ;v;

I also used to not like kitarie for some odd reason, but now i really look up to her. oh how times have changed...