Best and worst singers in 48G

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Crests, Mar 31, 2014.

1. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

Mocchi - glad to see her getting some appreciation in here. Her performance of her single on Music Japan ages ago sealed the deal. She actually sounded like a singer.

Wasamin - no question; she's also striving to improve.

Haachan - sigh, soon to be gone.

Umechan - solid singer

---

Natchi, Yuppai, and Sayaka are great voices that left the group. Sad that none of them are pursuing a singing career (although Sayaka did release a single for some NHK show). I like Tomo~mi's voice, as well.

-----

Aside from the Yuko bias, I was impressed with her 2nd AKB Kouhaku solo performance of "Give Me Five". That, and she may be the only "big grad" that wasn't off key (too much) during her solo/grad song performance. I was kinda hoping she'd go the path of Shibasaki Kou and do a little music while acting.

Not really too sure on the sister groups... Sayanee isn't too bad.

2. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    From HKT, there are Kojina Yui, Akiyoshi Yuka and Okamoto Naoko who have great potential in singing.

Jiina has nice control of her voice and quite capable of emoting the song haha

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Akiyoshi has the distinct gap between her cute, kiddy image and her strong voice.

Naopon has a strong and powerfuol singing albeit lack of control.

3. natlove

natlove Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Yes I agree. I think Kasai had one of the best control over her voice in AKB (nt familiar with sis grps). I had never heard her break her voice when singing live while I've heard Yuttan and Takamina breaking during the high notes.

4. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    Best Voices (not in order)
    • Yamamoto Sayaka: Oh God. When I first knew about Sayanee, thought she was overrated, but then I listened to her voice and swallowed my words: she has the right balance between tenderness, strength and sensuality. Just like a rockstar, but more versatile. Love her opening lines in 'Hajimete no Hoshi'. Have you ever heard about 'Nana'? The manga by Yazawa Ai, she kind of gives me the vibes of Ozaki, vocalist of BLAST.
    • Katayama Haruka: One of my favorite voices ever in the 48G. Strong, sultry and intense: her 'Itoshisa no Accel' is as good (or even better) than Takamina's. And 'Junjou Shugi' is an eargasm - can't imagine who'll sing this voice with the same feeling afterwards.
    • Kashiwagi Yuki: Always hits her notes, and her solo career helped her in get more confidence/balance. She can do pretty well in any kind of songs, starting by cheerful ones but her strongest point are ballads/dramatic, like Temodemo no Namida.
    • Natori Wakana: Awfully underrated. She has points for sexy songs, her vibe reminds me a bit to Kasai but with a stronger tone; she especially shines in Namida ni Shimuzu Taiyou.
    • Iwasa Misaki: I'm going to be honest: I don't really care about Wasamin as member. I just...I don't care. She doesn't stand out at all, but girl has one of the best control over her voice. Being able to sing pop and enka (with her touch) speaks a lot. As already listed, she's signed under an agency focused in singers and not idols and her resumee is impressive. I adore her cover of ETERNAL BLAZE (And that's not even her best performance).
    • Yamauchi Suzuran: She has a high voice, but not annoying/sweet at all, reminds me a lot to the Golden Era idols. She covered some good songs in AKBINGO time ago: Glamorous Sky (Nakashima Mika) and Roppongi Shinjuu by Ann Lewis Hope she gets proper training in SKE.
    • no3b: Why I'm talking about Takamina, Kojiharu and Miichan as an unit and not one by one? Well, it's the most vocally balanced unit built by the management, and while the three of them have great voices by their own (with great improvement in the last years: Takamina manages to use more her stamina in singing instead shouting much, Kojiharu has polished her sweet voice and Miichan status as 'big sister' actually helped her to mature, even in singing skills).
    There are plenty of great singers left, but most of them were already mentioned; special mentions to Furukawa Airi, Takayanagi Akane, Kimoto Kanon and Furuhata Nao (still new in SKE48, but those are wonderful); Sato Mieko is pretty sweet and Deguchi Aki as well. Kuramochi Asuka is AMAZING, hope to see her performing Junjou Shugi (is the only one I can imagine giving it an atmosphere alike Haachan).

Now...

Worst singers (not in order)
    • The already mentioned Tomonaga Mio: G O D - I wasn't having many expectations about Mio-chan, just thought she would have the average loliesque voice. But definately wasn't expecting that. It's really awful!
    • Oshima Yuko: Except for her solo song, the rest is terrible. She has admitted she's a bad singer, and her stage presence/cheerful demeanor helps a lot, but I don't like it, and I suppose the 'ALREADY' label of Not Yet's album refers to her other skills and not her voice.
    I'm not a fan of...Miyazawa Sae's voice. While she has a very consistent tone and was pretty good in Infinity/lives, I just don't like her tone at all in most of the songs, but it's a grower. Wasn't very comfortable with having two of the best vocalist of AKB48 (Sayaka and Yuttan), a pretty consistent one (Umechan) and Sae in the same unit. I know it was singing and dancing the whole point of DiVA, but...no. Eventually listening to the old records, I began to like her, it's a grower. and not the worst. I just don't like it at all.

Best Graduated Members

• Urano Kazumi: Wonder why she hasn't been mentioned? I really like the contrast of her cute looks and how sexy her voice is! She was spectacular during the Team Ogi concerts, like in Blue Rose.
    • Komori Mika: She might not be the most stunning voice, but her sweet tone was perfect for an idol.
    • Ono Erena: Why we hadn't talked about Pyon? She was fabulous! First Love is legendary, but I confess to love much more her solo career, mostly foir being able to explore new alternatives. My personal favorite is Twitter.
    • Kasai Tomomi: I love her! Her tone might not be strong, but has a wonderful control over her high pitched voice: Illumination.
    And of course, the already known Masuda Yuka, Sato Natsuki, Akimoto Sayaka, Hoshino Michiru, Nakanishi Rina.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  5. pblancafort

pblancafort Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    What is your opinion about miorin's voice?

6. mayuoshiri

mayuoshiri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Best: Sayanee, Wasamin, Umechan, Masuda, Yukirin, Kato Rumi (her voice is so cute and sweet), Mocchi, Sayaka, MiyuMiyu
    Worst: TOMONAGA MIO. That girl may be cute, but there is NOTHING unique about that girl. Not really a good choice for center, Aki-P. I sorta don't like Milky's voice that much. And as much as I love Hoshino Minami, she isn't that good of a singer either.

7. katami

katami Kenkyuusei

matsuda yuka, I really like her voice so much.. yukirin, takamina or no3b in general, erepyon, sayanee and of course wasamin
    and more ofc

worst.. hmm lots to mention lol

8. L4verra

L4verra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    wadamaya
    Twitter:
    L4verra
    Sayanee's voice is a privilege to listen to. When she covers ballads or even pulls off Warukii better than Milky did, her voice is always distinguishable and pleasurable. Also, don't forget Rottii; her voice is incredible but unfortunately she's not the most famous member on Nogizaka46 right now. The world should listen to her singing voice a lot more.

But I don't know who to say is the worst voice because...well...I need to listen to everyone before I can make that statement. Is Tomonaga Mio really that bad?! :blink:

9. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    i think i'll have to add ikoma rina to the list of worst vocalists....i remember listening to mizutama moyou and thinking "this seems to be a solo, and whoever is singing is not very good at it."

10. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Best

-Yamamoto Sayaka: Her voice has the consistency of chocolate. It's so smooth and easy to listen to. I feel like if she sang with a bit more strength, she could seriously be absolutely incredibly. She sang out a bit on Yume no Dead Body, and out of everyone, she's one of the only members that impresses me more and more each time I hear her song. She's versatile and consistent. The only time I've ever been a bit disappointed with her was when her and Yui attempted Higurashi no Koi. It was a mess…but I'll forgive them because that song is hard, and it's one of my favorites so i'm very picky about it :p

-Kashiwagi Yuki: Her voice is very sweet and very smooth. She has excellent control and does her own shtick very well. The only problem I have is that I haven't seen her demonstrate much versatility. I'd like to hear her try something intense like Itoshisa no Accel or Oteage Lullaby.

-Kuramochi Asuka: Very smooth, and very capable of just about anything. She sounds amazing doing ballads, but also sang Heart Eleki better than KojiHaru.

Worst

-Ikoma Rina: no explanation necessary, except Temodemo no Namida.

-Muto Tomu: She's one of my oshi's, but that doesn't mean I think she's flawless in every way. I adore her for being one of the most gorgeous members, her insane dance skills, her saucy expressions, and her fun personality. Her singing though? Bad. Lol.

-Yokoyama Yui: She's one of those that the majority of the fandom acts like is impossible to dislike or hate on….I do love her, but I don't think she deserves that much acclaim for her vocals. Her voice is very weak and non distinct. I used to not mind it until I heard it up against Sayanee's in 10krone to Pan.

11. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

That's what I thought too when I heard it... I actually didn't listen to it all the way through :glare: Definitely not a fan of her voice.

I can't remember if anyone's said so yet, but I'd like to bring up Hirata Rina as a pretty good singer, when she's not doing her super squeaky Japanese-wannabe voice. Her Hoshi no ondo in the Team K waiting stage was really, really good.

12. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I'm not quite a fan of Hirata Rina's singing. To me, she's like a mix of Becki Kruell and Berryz Koubou's Natsuyaki Miyabi…and I can't get into that.

13. YoonAddict

YoonAddict Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Twitter:
    YoonAddicting
    I would be honest and say I didn't like it before, but it have actually gotten quite awesome.

Example:

Example of before:

14. MidnightMelancholy

MidnightMelancholy Kenkyuusei

Can someone show me a video where Tomonaga Mio sings? I'm curious.

15. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    Go to the last battle between Sakura and Mio and you'll understand why they call both of them "legendary" two lol.

16. MidnightMelancholy

No way! o_O Are they singing for real? Aren't they trying to be funny or something because...

17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Mio has said in interviews that the staff of HKT have described her voice as "like that of a ghost" or "like a dry gust of wind"

18. MidnightMelancholy

Wow. Thanks for explaning and @Yuki88 , thanks for the video.

19. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    watching that video I am asking the question "how did Mio pass the audition?" does she have some mad dancing skills?

20. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

why no one ever mentions nessan ??? she is also in the same mould of michiru , a talented singer/songwriter