[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    64/100
    Wooh. And I'm absoluely ignorant about Sakamichi.
    On another note, there's no real answer as to why Nogi weren't invited to Kouhaku.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Interesting, I've never read this book or even knew of its existence, and it's definitely up my alley - sounds like something I would write, lol. Gotta say the #1 song I think of when we think of (human) working conditions is NMB48's "With My Soul". I think it best encompasses the struggles of daily life over a lifetime. Conveyor is good too when looking for a commentary on social pressures in the workforce, and as for youth condition, I don't think it gets better than I'm Crying. Aki-P certainly writes his fair share of obvious social commentary songs - they tend to be my favorites for their lyrics - but I never thought that society as a whole was going to change because of the lessons in the 48Groups' songs, that's a bit ridiculous to hope for :^^;:

As for that "journalist", seems like it's hard to find a Western journalist who understands (much less wants to understand) anything about Japanese idol culture. I don't think I've seen a single AKB-centric article written by a Westerner that I wouldn't immediately throw on the trash heap. It's not surprising, because you have to be pretty far down the rabbit hole of idol fandom to really understand the reasoning behind some of the things the industry does, not to mention the actual conditions the girls work under. If you just look at the surface of the thing from afar, it's easy to make incredibly poor assumptions. And indeed I think most of us do this with certain things in our own/other international pop cultures, because it's easier to dismiss something and find fault in it than to spend time learning to understand or enjoy it.

Unfortunately, journalists are a dime a dozen nowadays because it's easy to write what one thinks on the internet and everyone wants his/her opinion heard, regardless of how flawed or uninformed it is. And these "pop journalists" tend to lack integrity, instead choosing the easy and profitable sensationalism route. Idols are one such topic that get plenty of clicks in exchange for sensationalism (because "Japan is weird" and feminism), whereas spending more time learning, researching and understanding and passing that newfound insight on to the public isn't nearly as rewarding; people tend to have a pretty short attention span and again, it's much easier to start up a witch hunt than to spend the time gaining true understanding about a thing. It's just unfortunate that journalism has degraded so much.

3. Tchu

Tchu Kenkyuusei

That question did perplex me. I guessed Nakai Rika based on handshake sales but apparently that was wrong. I think which member is considered an ace can be subjective. I'm not even sure NGT even has an ace this early in their existence. The fans are still getting to know the girls.

4. Necco

Necco Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    54/100 not bad [hehe]

5. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    I got 55/100. I got variety-related questions wrong. I had to "cheat" on the chest/butt parts.

6. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    41/100 here. I guessed on a few of them but got right. I didn't get any body parts correct.

7. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
  8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    All you need to know is 高 and の

9. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

if the video does not show watch the video here

Nice instrumental version of 'Flying Get' in the beginning (and also in the end) of that video.

10. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    In Sasshi Kita gassen, Katomina is often introduced as NGT center. Also in Sasshi x Rie talk, she refered Katomina as the Ace. Same during Katomina x Haruppi talk in tabe shoujo. Finally, she is the only ranked member of NGT minus rie and Yukirin. Notice that i nuanced my question saying "current" and it implies that i know it can change depending of NGT first single.

About Matsumura Sayuri scandal, i think it has been evoked during the Nogizaka documentary. You can see Sayuri broke down has ( i think) management implicitly said they were supposed to be in but change their mind at the last minute. At least the documentary was build in that sense.

someone also said to me that question 5 has the title in the picture, but not everyone can speak japanese, and if they do it's their win. That's why i left it like that.

Question diversity was good but i think i messed up the point ranking between questions as the average score is too low to my taste. I hope Google also tells you the exact number of questions answered correctly so people don't feel bad having a score below their expectation. Even if people have 44 score on average, they all answered 50%+ of the questions correctly.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  11. Alvin chipmunks

Alvin chipmunks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    @gocchisama i have a suggestion if ever you make one again. Adjust the score on the body pics coz i think body pics are the most difficult. I don't know about butts and oppai. Hahahaha!

12. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

my score 54/100
    sister group question kill me lol

tell me about Silent Majority anecdote..

13. hilmanelric

hilmanelric Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    i got 89...no cheating just lucky

14. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg
    37 / 100
    nice quiz!
    i've answered the gravure* and the HKT related questions the best.
    as for the rest, i got poo scores but i don't care! xD since i don't follow those TV shows, idols, teams, groups ( : D) etc anyways.

i miss ability related questions like:
    "Which member can speak English?"
    "Who is the most miserable member when it comes to jump rope in HKT?"
    "Who is the loudest member in NGT"
    ohwell ^o^

SPOILERS

the 2. Who is the actual "Ace" of NGT48? question was confusing the most.
    somehow the question writer got it wrong. it's Nakai Rika obviously. :p
    NG!

19. Why did Kojina Yui (HKT48) left the stage during 2016 AKB's Sousenkyo ?
    lol 81% will never forget! xD

23. In SNH48, who unfortunately was victim of a severe burn accident?
    74%. how come the majority of the fandom knew this... oO?

* oh Shuu!! :drool:

Which member had to turn off her SHOWROOM because of some uproar outside?

59.1% it's nice to see that there are so many Rikachan fans in the foreign fandom. truly an ace material. 2nd question... <.<

35. What is the anecdote of "Koi suru fortune Cookie"?

stop asking this kinds of questions. focus on the lyrics instead.
    Which NMB song is about girls' preferences, ugly and handsome guys?

50. In Nemousou special team 8, who is the only member who got praised by the dance teacher Anna-sensei? -> Ikumin

even if it's true, watch this Team8 YokoYui and friends performance and cry, Anna-sensei!

if the video does not show watch the video here

lol!

15. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

16. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Center is not ace (she is their theater center), and "current" doesn't mean (more than) 4 months ago. At the very least remove the other obvious contender.

17. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I got 58/100 LOL That's good considering I haven't really watched 48/46 shows for more than a year and I couldn't find time to follow sister groups in the past 2-3 years. I also don't really look at gravure so I got most of those gravure questions wrong XD anyway I'm pretty satisfied of my score XD

18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

What is the definition of Ace?

19. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
  20. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

All those body questions... nsfw warning! Surprisingly I guessed many of them right. I don't know if I should be ashamed or not about that....

Other than question 5, Question 15 has the show's title on bottom right, and question 47's gif also has NHK's logo in the corner which made me guess the right answer.
    Free points! Free points everywhere! :1st: