≒JOY (Nearly Equal Joy / ニアリーイコールジョイ)

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by FlowingColors, Mar 29, 2022.

1. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

wow, very unexpected and at the same time, thanks to Sasshi's leak, expected news! [hehe]
    though I expected that new member will go to =LOVE and that it's likely to be Moeka as well.
    nevertheless, I'm excited to see Aimi in ≒JOY, I've always wanted to see her in Sasshi's group ever since I knew she was Sasshi's fan. Aimi must be over the moon, really happy for her.

• Like Like x 1
  2. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    To be honest, even though it means that =LOVE won't go on forever sadly, I don't want new members added to the group. I like there are sister groups, which is similar to 48G concept, but I don't want new generations. The members know each other and their strengths and weaknesses, they have a certain dynamic, a certain group chemistry.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

-Repost from =LOVEs Thread-
    IKONOIJOY [ Triple Date ] MV release today at 9 p.m. JST! 36 member song!? :eek:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  4. kmacu

kmacu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    A very fun, on-brand song for them. :) I really liked the part that my favorite Onishi Aoi was given (@3:25)!

So... does this suggest that Renon is Joy's center?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jeffsquall

Jeffsquall Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Its been years since my last post in s48 [hehe]

I've been following sasshi's groups daily even though I almost don't post here anymore after her grad, but this new group is at such a good level that I'll follow it more closely.

And yes! It seens that Renon will be the center and I think that considering the others it was a good idea!

btw...

@fatrain
    Thanks for the hard work! It's amazing that you are still posting 345 things daily!!!
    Really thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  6. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

oh wow, glad that you are still around, @Jeffsquall !

==========

Triple Date with English subtitles!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Rushy

Rushy Kenkyuusei

Documentary episode 2 parts 1 and 2:

2nd is particularly worth watching for the members dancing to Teokure Caution in pairs.

• Like Like x 3
  8. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    MV for the group's first song '≒JOY':

The song is available on streaming platforms and there are benefits for users of LINE such as phone backgrounds and message videos from group members:
    https://nearly-equal-joy.jp/news/detail/71

The YouTube version of episode 2 of the documentary has been released:

• Like Like x 5
  9. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Awesome News Everyone !!

≒JOY is scheduled for TIF !!! :1st:

[​IMG]

Water Party was fun, lots of ... Water [hehe] ( Sky juice and Water jets )
    Everyone was having a great time on the stage, carts and they even walk around the corridors.
    They were throwing gifts ( lol some goofy gals really threw... to the floor, make a guess :p ) including shooting signed T shirts !! wow .. didn't know those cannons were that strong !!

Loved the 99 sec countdown concept where that 2 audience zone will be flagged out and bombarded by their jets !

In summary, a wet & fun performance :^O^:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. immgl

immgl Kenkyuusei

They are really cute and the song is good but vocal wise they seem fairly weak compared to the other groups.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    My opinion too. But I guess, the diamond will shine brighter after his polish ;)

12. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Shuffle Party was interesting, with them mix and match the songs and personnal ;)

As usual looking forward for the announcements and WHOAAAAAAAAA
    10 mins long ... will take a while for the guys to translate but its better to watch tonight's IkoNoiJoy news broadcast coverage on ≒JOY !!:huh:

13. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

• Like Like x 1
  14. kmacu

kmacu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    Their song is really fun (it reminds me of something I can't put my finger on), but I especially love the green-yellow uniforms. It feels refreshing and different overall. As time goes by, I hope to see each member's individual character stand out a little more.

15. Jeffsquall

Jeffsquall Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    it such a great day to be a 34G fan!
    the niajoy pv is great, i think they are fairly weak if you compare with other 34G groups, but in overall i think they are better on the start

16. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    It took me a few listens to like it but yeah it's nowhere as good as =LOVE and especially ≠ME's debut song. Doesn't help that the "woah oh oh" part sounds flat/weak :^^;:

17. Rushy

Rushy Kenkyuusei

Yeah I really wasn't keen on the woahs, also given that Sasshi said she wants to create a good singing group with ≒JOY it seemed a bit of a strange choice for that to be the first thing we heard them sing in their first song.

Also agree with some of the other comments about the vocals being a bit disappointing. From the documentaries there's obviously singing talent there, but in the mv there's noone who sounds really distinctive in a way that Iori, Maika or Nanaka do, add this to the woahs and the vocals sound a bit dull and samey to me. Though admittedly part of this might be because they're new and I'm not used to their singing.

18. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    ≠ME and ≒JOY's live photo shoot:

• Like Like x 2
  19. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    I gave it a few more listens and I find the verses really good. The pre-chorus is fine but the chorus feels a little messy, sometimes like an entirely different song. But it's good song minus the woahs. I can see it as a post-debut b-side more than as a debut song.

20. blabla123

blabla123 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika
    I just discovered they debuted, and I luv their debut song. It’s very refreshing, I love the verses and the choreo is very nice!