Event / Concert AKB48 41st Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo (June 6, 2015)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by natsu-kun, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Ehee

Ehee Kenkyuusei

votes cost money, so there wont be major shifts in votes from one member to another

for sure most will have other girls they like, and some of the votes will have to go somewhere, those from mobile membership/dmm subs/"normal" amount of hs tickets/cd purchased etc
    excessive voting/purchasing for anybody other then your #1 is too unrealistic

2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I don't think management will let Sasshi not take part in elections, it would be too big of a loss o__o

Even if she doesn't take part, I don't think it will make a difference for other HKT members. It's not like the fans who power-vote Sasshi would suddenly decide to power-vote other HKT members... Who would want to power-vote and spend all their money for a member who isn't their kami-oshi, and only because they're in the same group as their oshi... It doesn't make sense. and probably a good part of Sasshi's fans are "Sasshi-only" fans. As for those who have second / third oshis, I don't think it would always be HKT members. Just take a look at most fans online, usually the 1st oshi and 2nd oshi are unrelated, not many fans would take their oshi's best friend/same group member as their 2nd/3rd oshis just because "they're friends/in same group". I guess it could make a difference for the "HKT fans" who spread their votes though, but do these fans spread that much votes for Sasshi? Seeing as she has lots of support, maybe the HKT fans didn't even plan to give her that much in the first place and rather focus on less known girls. I guess...

@gocchisama Tomochin and Paruru did meet since Tomochin's graduation, but yes, not as much as Tomochin-Acchan/Takamina/Miichan/Tomomi. But well, although Tomochin and Paruru are close, they've been very close for like a year before her grad while those 1st-2nd gen members are childhood friends, they know each other since +10 years ago. So she is definitely a lot closer to them. Tomochin/Paruru are close too. However, I'm pretty sure Tomochin's fans didn't vote for Paruru, and if some of them did, they're a minority, and it's most likely because they like Paruru too ^-^

3. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Excuse me, but I thought participation was voluntary. Seems kinda jacked if they let girls like Momoka not take part, but then force others, like Sasshi, to join in. If Sasshi wants not, then she will not. If she want in on it, then join she will. Same with any other girls. I am sure management will try to "encourage" all the girls to participate. But in the end they will leave it to the girl to decide for themselves. Besides, Sasshi has shown she is not one to do something because of being pressured to.

4. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    lol no way mgm will let 150k+ votes (or more like money for those votes) go bye bye, it's all about the money, Sasshi will 90% join unless she goes the "bye people, i'm leaving and you can kiss my 140k+ votes (money for them) goodbye from Acchan" route

5. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

^who ask them? it is her choise
    but for me i prefer her to participate this year! i want her to win! i dont know if its me but after she lost to mayu i watch her in AKBs performances and she seems to be sad :(

6. akblover

akblover Kenkyuusei

If Sasshi doesn't participate this year, fans could save up money for next year's election (assuming she participates), but even if she doesn't, I'm sure some HKT members will get a bit of her votes.

Ironically, by not participating, her popularity may increase among non-wotas. Everybody in Japan knows about the Senbatsu, fans of 48 groups or not. Most have probably heard of Sasshi's big win, but if she doesn't participate two years later, imagine all of the news articles, tabloids, etc.
    I'm not exactly sure if this is possible, its just my (most likely wrong) guess!

7. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Except this has been proven to be a false assumption. Did the votes drop when the most popular member bow out of 48G? When the second most popular sat out? No, they did not either time. The single would still sell and the votes will still come in.

8. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

What incident are you referring to? I haven't been following the AKB group for that long.

9. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Acchan's and Yuko's graduations.

10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I don't think this is a completely fair statement. First off, AKB was in a tremendous growth mode when Maeda bowed out of the election. CD sales were generally higher than the previous year anyway. So I'm not sure how one could gauge the effect of her not participating. As for last year, the overall sales of Labrador Retriever were actually down compared to Sayonara Crawl. However, sales have been on a slight decline from before then. So I'm not sure you can claim it made no difference that year either.

All that said, I do question whether or not all of those people voting so many times for super-popular members like Sasshi would automatically put the same energy and effort into another member. Losing top members in the election could definitely create the possibility of lost revenue. And let's not forget that Sasshi (and Takamina) ARE technically part of management which could affect their ultimate decision.

On the other hand, as @akblover mentioned, Sasshi and/or Takamina sitting it out would generate a lot of publicity. So there's that.

11. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Sales were down. Yet there were more votes.

And like you said. Sales have been slowing, unrelated to grads and sit-outs. I don't see them hurting all that much if Sasshi sat out. There is no evidence that it would have as big an impact as some have been suggesting.

And I don't see management forcing a girl to participate. No matter who it is.

12. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Why? The most relevant 48 groups are all that matters.

I HOPE THIS IS TRUE.

If Sasshi doesn't take part, Yukirin, Sayanee and Jurina wotas are gonna go crazy. It's their chance to clinch the top spot.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  13. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Because it would be a waste of money to fly in all those members if they are not eligible for voting. I mean, they say they can't even bring all the HKT members for all the stops on their national tour.

If you aren't there to receive a rank, no taking part in the concert. Simple.

Beside there is always the obligatory summer tour.

14. memorybreak

memorybreak Kenkyuusei

Matsui Rena just announced on Twitter that she will not be participating in this year's elections.

15. parousia

parousia Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    teppen_48
    HOLY SH*T

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Ok, did not see that coming.

17. parousia

parousia Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    teppen_48
    The predicitions is totally messed up now. Lmfao.

18. yukiDARUMArin

yukiDARUMArin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    it's better than to see her rank drop slowly because she has kept a good record in sousenkyo until now.. who will rena's fans vote now? o_O

19. jimmyonishi

jimmyonishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    That's her protest for being sent to Nogizaka.

20. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Too bad. Was really looking forward to see her election poster :(