Single AKB48 53rd [Sentimental Train] (2018/09/19)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 16, 2018.

1. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I don't know how long Jurina will be out. Most probably they will perform the song again in the next concert. Best option would be to leave the center spot open as what they already did. Akarin and Sakura wcenter.

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Everyone's schedule can't just move for just one person.

STU ain't releasing anything until 2 month later at least. Worst case scenario would be a delay till next year depending on situation.

I ain't complaining about the early sneak peek but most likely all the other group members will be busy for their own group activities and they practice and perform the new song together when they still can now.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I suppose these shows are some of the biggest of the summer and they just can’t miss the opportunity.

What baffles me is why was this pushed all the way to mid-September.
    I thought it was to accommodate for the Produce girls, but seeing how it’s going on without Jurina herself... what’s the point?

4. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I love this. Finally, Tomu got more screentime. Who said that she is in back-row? I see her in the second-row after Dasu.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I don't know Ogiyuka is that tall lmao.

6. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Ok damn, that Ongaku no Hi performance actually sold me on the song. The dance is more intricate than I'd originally thought. HELL YES for more Tomu screentime! I was particularly impressed with how Dasu carried the center role so well. She was so radiant. I LOVE her hair like that. I really think this is my most favorite senbatsu in a very long time.

I love that I could clearly hear Nana and Nao's deeper vibratos among the clear-as-a-bell vocals of the other girls <3

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Sakura, Tomu, Nako and Juri are still in Produce 48. That's a quarter of the senbatsu, and especially Sakura and Nako have good chances of making it into the final group too. Plus, hopefully Jurina will be back by mid-September too. There's still 2 months to go.

8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yeah, but if they can do without the center, they can do without anyone.
    That’s why they have so many members, so they can sub in for X or Y.

Tomu and Ricchan were not in senbatsu for KFC and subbed in when some members couldn’t perform, so I don’t know why now it’s a problem :^^;:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I get your point but with those 4 + Jurina being absent, that's 5 senbatsu members absent, and 5 out of 16 is a very big number. Fans would also be upset since they spent so much money to vote but those members don't even get to perform. Yeah, I know this is the case with Jurina right now, but health issues are out of management's control, whereas timing the single to not conflict with Produce 48 is something that the management can actually influence.

Also note that soon after a single's release, they will also do a series of handshake events. Senbatsu members tend to be among best handshake sellers, and especially Sakura is the 2nd best selling member. If those members would not be available for handshake events, this would anger fans and be a profit loss to the management as well. I mean, just Sakura and Jurina tend to have almost 40 slots per single each and always sell out completely - that's 80 slots at about 500 ticket each, or 40.000 CDs sold. Add in those other 3 senbatsu members as well as other members who are not in senbatsu but sell handshakes well, and the number you get is huge. I think the management would rather wait an extra month and have good sales, than release a single early and give up all this profit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

@Riina I understand the numbers, but I still think that subbing could be done even if half senbatsu is gone.
    The point is to promote the single anyway.

Still, props to them for leaving Jurina’s place as it is.

11. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    I fear this single is off to a rocky start. Jurina's fans opened their wallets to get her to the chair and now she not available to meet in handshakes to congratulate her. But she should be back hopefully for the later events.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

12. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Trophy-chan is back guys :omfg: in AKBingo!
    But haven't we voted for chair-chan? where is she...:rant:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Old Old x 2
  13. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I'm starting to think that all these things about Jurina missing the single promotion, are a way to let the fans fume and vote again next year to give her a proper senbatsu single winning promotion. It's all about the money :lol:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    Maybe its all about the money, but joking about someone else's health problem is not funny, especially one that force her to rest for more than a month

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Yeah I miss Haruppi, how long she is been out until today? a year?
    K46 survive with Techi's absence for 6 months.
    J will come back soon I think.

16. Sheiladesu

Sheiladesu Kenkyuusei

She went on hiatus for the second time in December. So, almost 7 months now. But last year she went on hiatus in Feb and came back in April,around about the time Tofupro was happening

17. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think because it's the ssk single, the placements and performances by the actual senbatsu members are kinda important to the fans that voted them into those places. Having subs en masse sort of defeats one of the main purposes of the ssk if it's due to a scheduling conflict.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. akb&ske_lovers

akb&ske_lovers Kenkyuusei

Btw J herself has ever been resting for some long period of time regarding her health as well before right..?

Do u people remember how long was the longest before..?

19. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

Well, during love trip era, Kato Rena centred few times... I guess that's the first time they don't put anyone subbing. So I guess it's a plus already. And again, they have to perform the song as the major TV events are happening now on summer. Too bad Jurina is not there.... But it's just few performances on tv. She will be shoved in our faces when she comes back =))) and we all gonna be happy and associate the song to her (or not, cause the song is very generic not memorable =P)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  20. chuanki47

chuanki47 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    oh man, i feel bad for 48 members, trying hard to get SR points mostly STU always everyday even in early morning but i see some unknown nogi member in a sec she get 21k viewers geez and got tower more than two.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1