Single AKB48 54th [NO WAY MAN] (2018/11/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    A few things I agree with:
    1. I don't think they knew from the beginning, probably they knew around the finale
    2. As you said, the 2.5 year thing should have been stated from the very beginning
    3. Saying "you have 3 weeks and then your favourites are gone till 2021" is a damn mess
    4. I can't believe we're going through another absent center promotion

The one thing I disagree with.
    1. I think there are many things for the 3 of them to get. Kpop is on the rise, and Korean general public will quickly move on unless their songs are good, but Korea also has some VERY dedicated fans. I think most of her Japanese fans will still support them, they will gain new Korean fans and new international fans (let's face it, Kpop has a huge international following compared to Jpop). If they promote in Japan they might even get new non-48 fans and if they promote in China the market there is on the rise. Besides, Sakura wasn't get much more popular and P48 has made wonders for Hitomi's popularity (instead of spending the next 2.5 years singing unders songs and Team 8 b-sides she will at least come back more popular and having received intense training)

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. A-TeensFan

A-TeensFan Kenkyuusei

i think there's no way management will let Sakura miss Tokyo 2020. they must have slipped it in the contract as a one of event Mnet must allowe Sakura to participate

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  3. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

They'll be immensely more popular worldwide; they'll be immensely more talented as well. Do you doubt me? Watch the first couple of episodes of P48 again where the Japanese girls themselves talk about how they don't get professional training; they're expected to improve on their own. And--if you're honest with yourself which a lot of people are not--the Japanese girls didn't show the skills that most of the Korean girls did. Sakura didn't belong in A group the first time. That's a fact.

So while you complain that AKS gets nothing and the Japanese girls get nothing and the Japanese fans get nothing, it sounds like selfish BS because these girls are going to be heavyweights when they return. It's possible they won't need to return and furthermore, when/if they do, their talent will be far superior to what is currently sitting in the random J48g. "But oh, we don't need perfect dance routines!" Okay? Who cares? The girls made their choice from day one and from day one people have clamored for the girls to kill themselves trying to promote heavily for two different companies in two different countries. Three total promotions, actually since IZ*ONE will likely have Japanese promotions on top of Korean promotions.

What are the girls getting? Aside from significantly increased skill and professional training that many of them admitted they never had, they are gaining so many more fans. And they're probably enjoying their life. At the expense of your sadness over getting a refund because your "idol" left you.

There wasn't a relationship, the girls don't owe you anything. Stop acting like they're selfishly breaking up with you for someone you don't like. If you care for them at all, you care for their well being and happiness.

• Disagree Disagree x 12
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

When I talk about the Japanese side I mean AKS (AKB, HKT, etc.), not the Japanese IZONE members themselves.

Of course, Sakura, Nako and Hiichan are going to enjoy a plethora of opportunities, probably get tons of money and, if Mnet play their cards right, maybe even get to perform in America (and Europe?).

I find it surprising that AKS simply said Sure, take one of my top girls, just bring her back by 2021!
    Like... really? A kennin was so out of question? IZONE songs in AKB singles? Nothing? Who negotiated this? lol

lmao dude chill, I'm not even a fan of any of them :^^;:

I'm talking about how badly this was negotiated, not the girls themselves getting or not getting anything.

AKB is not participating in the Olympics.
    #StopFakeNews

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

How do you know AKS agrees with you?

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I don't.
    But that doesn't mean I cannot voice my opinion on the topic, does it?
    If there is no point to discussing things, maybe it's time to let the forum die in the next shut-down and just like or dislike their videos on YouTube.

AKS is probably getting a % of whatever the girls make, but they are still cancelling HS and disappearing for 30 months, making AKB and HKT lose a bunch of sales and star power.
    I don't know from what POV to look at it to make it sound like a good decision. It just isn't.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I misunderstood your post then. But AkiP sure knows how to make money, so I'm convinced he/AKS are getting something out of all of this that compensates it. I guess we will see when they debut or when they promote in Japan, maybe they have some collabs/join events or something. Or if IZONE suceeds, AkiP will claim his piece of the cake, that's for certain

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

To you. Right now. Let's see what 48g looks like in 5 years and then decide if it made good business sense.

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Of course.
    Can't wait for them to become the next CL, Jessica or... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

They just didn't.
    Wanna One did a few concerts in the US of A, but nothing too big.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. marnchor01

marnchor01 Kenkyuusei

IOI was over too quickly to count, though Sejeong and Chungha prob have decent following overseas. Wanna One reasonable... Good reactions when they have toured around Asia at least.

We are not talking BTS phenomenal but my sense is wanna one doing pretty well. IZone may have a decent chance

Sent from my SM-G9550 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    thats actually something that confused me about why Jurina and Sakura even participated? they are wealthy, well known, have good careers in their homeland, and are quite popular/can get many jobs. It just seemed a little weird to me personally. I mean u do u and if this is what they wanted then ok, but there's a reason why kpop acts come to japan to release singles/albums/do concerts: money lol.

Edit: also, Sakura centered KwM which had all the golden members so like u got it good girl management was not gonna ignore u lol. Nako is a little different, but I saw her rising as a top member. Hitomi??? well I know nothing about her so I think this is a big step up for her.

12. Chance☆

Chance☆ Kenkyuusei

I.O.I contract from pd101 just expired too quickly, they were extremely successful and i think mnet learned from their mistake by extending the contract the second time around

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

Well, we don't know (yet) what AKS gets from this contract, but there must me something. Otherwise they wouldn't have signed it.

Anyway, because 48G members appeared in Produce 48, lots of Koreans fell in love with them and are now following 48 groups and buying their singles. First week sales of Sentimental Train were about 1.45 million copies, which is easily the highest first week sales of all AKB48 singles that do NOT contain SSK voting tickets.

14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

1) Sure, as I said, they are probably getting a % of whatever they make. But AKB and mostly HKT are gonna lose a bunch of sales (and it's not as if they were selling that good in the first place).

2) We still don't know if the Korean Produce fans turned into AKB fans. Most of the sales were from the theatre editions (duh) and those require quite a long process to get to (Japanese address, Japanese proxy, whatever). Sure, some probably went through the trouble, but I doubt it's that many to be significant. If the numbers continue rising with this single, then it's most probable that management has tapped into a new market successfully, but I think it's too early to tell.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  15. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Wanna One is arguably one of the big 3 of the "current" Kpop boy groups = (exo, bts, wanna one) - big bang & older groups not included. But then again, beside Kang Daniel, the other members are faaaar behind in terms of individual general public popularity.

IOI ended too fast. Jeon Somi just got out of JYP & signed to YG. Sejung & Mina, Chaeyeon, Doyeon & Yoojung, Yeonjung, Pinky & Nayoung can't even save their own group. Chungha is the one who is doing quite well as a solo.

Can Sakura be like Kang Daniel / Jeon Somi (at the peak of her popularity & individual activities)? I think Sakura is funny, professional, & experienced enough to deal with variety & talk shows. Compared to Jang Wonyoung the winner, she's definitely a better pick for variety & talk shows since JWY will talk like a blushing virgin while Sakura can carry the conversation. Buuuuut her #1 problem is definitely the language barrier.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    I pretty much agree with @Trinu . At this moment, AKS (yeah, I'm talking about AKS, not those three girls) didn't get at all because that exclusive contract while once again Mnet is the snake. Maybe for the revenue, it will be 80% for IZ*ONE agency and 20% for AKS lol.
    tbh the true winner is landlord of Yamaguchi :awesome:

So, let's assume if the rumour that SG's ace are forced to participate in PD48 is true. Hence, that's why Jurina, Sakura, and Miru were in PD48 -although no NGT and STU ace there (prolly cuz OgiPro is too powerful to reject that and STU's management are far right-wing supporter :fear: ).

Yeah, I know that Myao (was it her?) said that all the members were joining it themselves without any force from AKS. But, who knows? :whistle:

Since the topic has become IZONE-related, could you just talk about that on IZONE's thread?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Actually not all Wanna One members that are faaaar behind in terms of individual general public popularity, the second most well-known member probably is Hwang Minhyun (NU'EST), he has many fan girls in Vietnam and also other countries too, and we have Lai Kuanlin (mostly international fans), so in terms of individual popularity, Kang Daniel will obvious in 1st place, but it doesn't mean other members popularity are too far away from his popularity. I'm a Wannable (Wanna One fandom), so I need people to get it right...

18. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    That's fandom popularity. Not general public popularity.

In 48g it's like popular amongst wota vs popular with gp.

19. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Let's not forget Sohye, who everyone bashed and is now #5 in the September 2018 Female Brand Reputation rankings, who would've thought :^^;:
    And yes, if Sakura doesn't learn korean properly she will have it very hard to go beyond "that pretty girl on the front" or "the Nekkoya girl"

20. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

I agree it is still too early to tell, but the fact is that the first week sales of Sentimental Train are significantly (>300k) higher than normal AKB48 singles not containing SSK voting tickets.

If we exclude singles that contain SSK voting tickets, the first week sales look like this:
    45 "Love Trip / Shiawase o Wakenasai" 1,177,769
    46 "High Tension" 1,180,047
    47 "Shoot Sign" 1,025,267
    48 "Negaigoto no Mochigusare" EXCLUDED
    49 "#sukinanda" 1,089,729
    50 "11gatsu no Anklet" 1,095,240
    51 "Jabaja" 1,115,843
    52 "Teacher Teacher" EXCLUDED
    53 "Sentimental Train" 1,448,900

Of course I don't know how big part of that >300k increase is because of new Korean fans, but IMO some of it MUST be. If the upcoming "NO WAY MAN" single will sell again like "Jabaja" and "11gatsu no Anklet", then I accept I'm wrong here and this >300k increase was caused by something else. ;)