Single AKB48 54th [NO WAY MAN] (2018/11/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Okay, so is that every "nation" heard from?

Anti-Jurina faction, check!
    Anti-Sakura, check!
    Nakai is the devil, check!
    Tomu got shafted, check!

Have you all gotten it out of your systems? Good, because I'm not going to let this thread turn into the reincarnation of the Produce48 thread. Moreover, I , like Puni, also read through the entire thread. And while it has mainly been one or two Sakura fans fueling the fire, countered by one or two people, what concerns me more is the b.s. conspiracy theory that this thread is being dominated by Anti-Sakura rhetoric. That's a load of hogwash. You guys are out of integrity.

For those who insist on making this thread a Sakura vs. Jurina battlefield, you will be removed....

In fact, let's get started right now. @sakusakukamen - 2 week thread ban for your 'collective works'.

• Winner Winner x 25
    • Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    But, if they start being full-timer IZ*one by the end of october, those 3 will not even promote the single. :fp: As it will be released on November.

And now instead an absent center, will we get the entire #1-#3 position empty for the entire promotion? :confused: what a breakthrough AKS made with this trend :lol:
    The title of the song feels like they will do that tho.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Just noticed something about this senbatsu:

Team 8: 5 girls
    SKE: 2 girls
    NMB: 1 girl
    HKT: 4 girls
    NGT: 2 girls
    STU: 1 girl

That difference!! I know 2 of the Team 8 girls are from PD48, but management could have replaced Rinrin/Naruchan with Miu/Hitomi for this single if they wanted, yet instead they keep all of them and got 5 girls in senbatsu (thankfully) RISE TEAM 8 :^O^: Hopefully Team 8 gets some b-sides too since they have the best songs now, imo. I really liked that Team 8 West and Team 8 East thing they did, and both songs were so good too, they need to do that again.

without PD48/IZONE girls, Team 8 would be at 3, and HKT at 2 btw

Surprised about Sugawara Maya being picked for SKE, I think I heard her name before but I actually don't know who she is... sudden push. but I think if Jurina was included, Maya would probably not be in it. oh and HKT doesn't have Hana this time. LOL

• Like Like x 3
  4. Sayaka.Sakura92

Sayaka.Sakura92 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I'm so happy for Miu :ome:
    For me it would be perfect when also Megu would be in Senbatsu :glare:

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. MikaCHansen

MikaCHansen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Imamura Mitsuki (STU48)
    I want to cry for Miyu/Miho/Miu/Hiichan I'm just so happy for these girls

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    All according to keikaku [hehe]

Replacing those who got into AKB's HS kami 7? Not likely. Except they choose to sit out (maybe in Yuiri's case, so that she can attend more theater. But we discussed it in Rin's thread [hehe]).
    So, will Moeka enter the 55th or 56th single senbatsu? Sakura's, Nako's and Sayaka's spot will be empty by that time. And with her chance in AKBingo plus so many gravure works she did recently, it might be the right time to give her a little push to test the water.

She did great in SSK, even though I am surprised they exclude Yunana, but pretty pleased with the choice.

Sssshh, people are starting to wish her back :fear: don't ruin the plan [hehe]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Mana

Mana Under Girls

wow I knew about Rinrin being in top 7 HS sales, but I didn't know Naruchan is as well... I didn't look at HS sales for like 4 singles and there are this many changes already, Team 8 is truly taking over :shock: all according to keikaku [hehe]

I posted about this in Moeka thread but yeah, she should definitely get her push in the first single of 2019 tbh with HS sales as good as this and all the hype about her, and free spots in senbatsu, it's the ideal moment for management to push her. it would be nice to see a new and fresh face in senbatsu too. They should start by giving her a b-side center in this single maybe, then include her in the big senbatsu at least. and if it works well then continue the push <3

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Alex

Alex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I was literally "no way man" when I heard about the senbatsu lol. Since Sayanee announced her graduation, I don't really expect her to appear in this single but why the heck there's only one girl from NMB? If they announced this single dedicated for top 20 or top30 in PD48, it would at least make sense to me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Wait a sec, so if those three will be gone by the end of October and the single goes on sale in late November, how are they going to perform the song in music shows like MSTA? Will they have replacement senbatsu members or just shrink it down to 21 members? Who will be the center?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Now that you say this... I think I understand why Yuiyui & Naachan are on both sides of the 3 members, I bet they'll make it a double center with them and this makes sense considering they're the 2 new gens that got a center single before (Miion too but it was long ago). but let's see... btw singles get performed in music shows even weeks before release, so even if it's released in late November, they can still have at least one performance with the real senbatsu in a music show. Hopefully, they'll perform it on Music Station, I mean those 3 members deserve to have a last Music Station performance as goodbye before they go. then for the rest of promo, they can turn it to a double center with Yuiyui & Naachan.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Ngl, I have a soft spot for senbatsu lineup like this. Miss Nakai is still there, surviving the Teacherx2 massacre, despite her SSK fall (I mean, Katorena suffers a very similar case, yet she got the boot lol), shift of favoritism?.

Management loves to boot Tomu for post-ssk/RH single, I feel like it's a pattern for them at this point.

Miss Murase and her 2M views combined of her focus fancams deserves to be in this single tbh (maybe replace Miss Nakai with her). The NMB ratio is not looking good for this single, if they boot Youtube Queen, they should ,at least, replace her with another youtube sensation lol.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I'm honestly not expecting a dance-heavy song tbh. Maybe kpop-ish, but Sakura is really an idol-idol and not like the type to break out into a dance segment lol. I can see this single being similar to Mayu's last single from last year, but maybe a little more upbeat for that HKT-reference. If they do give us a dance-heavy kpop song or something like UZA/Beginner, I'd be pretty pleased too tbh lol.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Probably not something that is dance heavy because those disgusting knetz will bash the hell out of the unsynchroized dance

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  14. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    I think it's not only HKT, but also this single. Although this is Sakura's "last" single, I doubt her wota will buy this single since they prolly couldn't do HS w/ Sakura anymore. And considering she is one of HS's top seller... :fear:
    Hoping Jurina will able to do HS in this single :fear:

Plot twist: it's like Twice's BDZ :fear:

Plot twist: Jurina makes her second grande comeback with replacing Sakura's position :awesome:

15. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Yes, we will probably lose at best 18k-20k sales and that is definitely the reason why this AKB single will tank. And sure, all Sakura fans are hcore tan-oshis right? @ithebigc

Hardly :^^;:

16. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I have many complaints and only a few positive comments to balance the post lol.. long wall of text incoming.

Very happy to see Jurina get some more time off. I want to see her back at her 100% so she can continue to lead 48g since she's probably the only member from the original 48g era young enough to stay in the group for another 2+ years. I hope she makes a speedy recovery and comes back in 2019 ready to roll!
    Also happy to see Sakura center! Seeing her tears in the SSK was heartbreaking, but her joy of ranking 2nd in P48 and now centering this single makes up for it. It's bittersweet we won't see her until 2021, but i'll get to that later.
    Happy for the P48 girls who made the single but I would have loved to have seen Mako in this one too.. If Miku can make it in, Mako should too no?
    So many T8! I was so happy when the recent shuffle basically put all the 8 girls into actual AKB teams, I really hope this single will be the start of them finally pushing the 8 members as legit AKB members. More senbatsu appearances please (along with D3!).
    It was cool of them to give Miyu one last hurrah. I love 9th gen so i'll enjoy her last senbastu, even if she is in the very back of the formation.

Now lol.. Only one NMB member, and it's one who isn't even the top member of NMB? Knowing Miru only made the cut due to her involvement in P48, i wonder if they would have dropped her too if she didn't make the top 20? NMB are in a dire situation right now and it would be nice to see them get a little support from the mother ship. Yuuri, Uemura, Aayan, Yuuka, Kokoro, you have so many talented girls to choose from. Could have included Saeppi since she gained more popularity through P48 too.. It's a shame NMB continues to be sidelines like this and I fear that with Sayanee gone, NMB's relevance in the 48G will be next to none.

I expected no Renacchi. It really hurts, but I expect no less, and can't really complain.. She has been given so many chances to increase her popularity, and she's been stagnant for years on end with no signs of improvement. She's been chosen as a senbatsu lock over now graduated girls who were more popular than her and essentially helped hold back a number of members who were in the realm of "senbatsu waiting room". None of that was her fault, but she got the brunt of the criticism. I have no doubt in my mind that she's just as popular as she was this time last year, however the release of her Photobook so close to the SSK season put a dent in her stable fanbases wallets, we can't afford both. I don't think we'll see her back in senbatsu after such a huge drop, but I can sigh a breath of relief knowing I won't need to see the hate comments on every single thread about her senbatsu inclusion again lol.

Tomu's lack of participating is truly a weird concept to me. From a business point of view, Tomu makes them money. If she's on something, her fans buy it. If she participates in SSK, her fans spend money to vote. With the little promotion she has gotten, this is how popular she is. Imagine how much more popular she could be if they actually pushed her! The money should come rolling in. It really baffles me how management choose to pass up on including her every single time. If i was in her position, I would honestly graduate. Seeing yourself be disrespected so often in such a cruel way and allowing it to happen time and time again? No paycheck or dream job could keep me in that situation. I'd rather die.

Rika's inclusion to me is honestly.. I don't know. I already know how she is viewed by the majority of 48g fans, so you don't need to dislike or quote me on it, save it for someone who cares. I love the girl, but she's a handful lol. What she did during this past year in my eyes has been unacceptable, and she paid the price for it by dropping in rank, being outcasted by many fans, members and staff, and missing out on multiple events. Could she have gotten a harsher punishment? Yes. Would it have been necessary considering it was just last year they were willing to let a girl get married and continue in the group while actively trying to get herself pregnant? No lmao. What does frustrate me however is that girls who haven't gotten into a 'scandal' have been passed up on a senbatsu placement while Rika has continued to be kept on. Of course, her agency plays a huge part in this, but if I'm being really blunt here, Rika is the most relevant NGT member aside from Yukirin and Ogiyuka. Hinata is popular with fans, but the public don't know her. Her fans will support her regardless. Management right now are pushing Rika as one of the known faces of the 48G, They can't do that if she's not in senbatsu. It sucks but that's how it is. As her fan i'll support her regardless, but as a 48G fan i'm equally as annoyed.

Produce 48 really fecked up the balance of the 48G world lol. 2.5 year exclusive contract? Do you know where 48G's were at 2.5 years ago?! AKB were still celebrating their 10th anniversary. Takamina was still Soutantoku. Sasshi just got over 200k votes. Team A got their 7th stage. Yukirin got into a scandal. Mion was the next gen push. Paruru was on her deathbed. Haruppi wasn't on her deathbed. Sayanee was prepping her solo career. Koboyashi Kana, Miyazawa Sae, Watanabe Miyuki, Takajo Aki, and Iwata Karen were still in the group. NMB still had a glimmer of hope. HKT started pushing Hana. NGT had 0 singles. STU didn't exist. Neither did 16th gen. The 15th gen bullying scandal didn't happen yet. SNH were still part of 48G.

Imagine were 48G will be in 2021? Are Sakura, Nako, and Hitomi fans willing to wait that long when so many changes happen in 48G? And even if they do wait that long, will the girls even want to stay in 48G in 2021 when the environment is so different? They'll be 23, 20, and 20 years old by then. Will the girls they love to be idols with still be in the group? Will they even want to be idols anymore? Everything just seems incredibly unlikely. I keep saying I will support Nako but honestly, I've been a fan of jpop and kpop for almost 10 years now and my interest in both AKB and kpop in general is fading. Will I still be here to support her? We'll see. But it's all looking very grim... With this single being the 'last' for so many girls, i'll enjoy it to the fullest. This is the first time since Takamina's graduation that I felt a huge shift in the 48G world, maybe that shift will keep me more interested.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. jiinatsu

jiinatsu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    I've absolutely loved Maayan since the D2 doco, but her over Yunana? Nao? Churi? Minarun?

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Bonus Trivia:

Naruto went on training with Jiraiya sensei for 2.5 years and returned to the hidden leaf village. Within a year or so he destroyed the Akatsuki terrorists, fought in a ninja war against Hitler Madara, saved the world from aliens, made Sausage came back to the village with him and finally became the Hokage.

• Informative Informative x 17
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Correct until the very last moment, Kakashi became hokage, Naruto went and had a child, then became hokage years later lol.

But look at that, in under a year the 3rd great ninja war started and finished? You think 48G will be the same 2.5 years from now? no way man lol

• Like Like x 4
  20. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    *4th :p

In 2.5 years, it's Marioworldstu! Yes way man!

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1