TV / Radio AKBINGO! (2008/10/01 - 2019/09/24)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by makistar, Sep 30, 2008.

1. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    ^I think you're way off and not reading the situation as unbiased as you think.

2. Niamah

Niamah Kenkyuusei

^ err is this serious or a Wasamin is my oshi so I am going to bump her up post? :lol: :fp:

3. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

Genuine, indeed and based on my professional experience in music.

Have no interest in bs.

Actually I only got an interest in Wasamin because I recognised a genuine (if raw) talent when I saw a recording of her karaoke. Prior to that I was all and only Akicha for the idoling stuff. But I was starting to lose interest in AKB because of the lack of real top line singing talent and find it frustrating that there is little real interest in genuine singing quality (yes I know it is an idol group) . I still think there are only a couple who could actually might make it as singers outside of AKB.

Spent a number of years in professional music, and part of orchestras when I was younger, and we often worked with sopranos, tenors, and contemporary singers. So my focus always goes to quality and potential, though I know AKB is meant to be girls as work in progress.

anyway facts are facts.

4. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    @Kinaa: if you think of Wasamin so highly, why do you think she wouldn't stand the chance to win? Singing the same song doesn't necessarily mean she is giving the title away. It's not like the judges have listened to her performance of the song before this so they can fairly judge Wasamin's performance the way it is. She has improved a hell lot, you said that yourself. Why won't you put a bit faith on her? The judges did sound entirely PRO in their comments so don't just give up yet.

They'll probably give it away to Yuka, though. The tournament seems like it will go on for the entire month so it will be a good promotion for Yuka and DiVA since they're releasing the single soon.

5. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

I think it would be good for Yuka to win and for AKB to dig out girls who can really sing. I dearly would like AKB start focussing on this quality more.

I am sure that if Wasamin sang any of her songs she would sing it to a quality that should win, because she has had the benefit of very intense training and experience this past 6 months, basically she has reached a professional standard now (just but she will continue to grow).

I think they will (or should) use this competition to bring forth and promote other talents. No point in Wasamin winning really. Mabye they should use her as a judge and as a 'guest' singer.

Anyway I REALLY WANT AKB to develop some good solo talent.

I can understand Tomochin's frustration with Wasamin, because she comes out and does it seemingly easy. But I notice something happens to Tomochin when she does live. Too reserved? Nerves ruin her breathing? Not sure. Wish she would just 'go for it' and be damned.

Anyway. We are off overseas for some more work shortly. but will try to keep an eye on youtube.

Good luck to all the girls in AKB!

6. Niamah

Niamah Kenkyuusei

^ I can do nothing but laugh at these posts :lol: so much bias.

Anyway it's getting a little off topic now I think! :^^;:

7. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    @Kinaa: Tomochin still has problem with her vocal cord nodules since she doesn't seem to be allowed to go for surgery like Yuuko and Harugon did. She has way too much activities outside AKB to cure herself and actually train her singing. That pretty much affects her singing performance a hell lot.

Having Wasamin as judge is not really good idea, though. She's still growing and young and the most important is she doesn't have as much experience.

If you're only interested in the talent, you shouldn't follow AKB48 or any idol group. There are others non-mainstream group who can actually sing. :^^;:

@Niamah: well it's still on the topic of the singing competition, though :awesome:

8. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    sick episode! loved it a lot.

-suzuran and sumire were a bit shaky, with suzuran a bit better than sumire but yeah. i can really feel the nervousness. (speaking of which, i like the adult suuchan image. :inlove: )
    -i really felt bad for myao. like the judge said, i think she's got talent but she wasn't able to bring out this time, too many missed notes.
    -on the other hand komariko was a pleasant surprise.
    -why did they seed haachan against yuka? i don't understand. do producers not know how to seed good voices against not-as-good ones?
    -yuka destroyed like i expected, though she started out a bit funny.
    -haachan gave a good performance, sad to see her go out so early.

next episode

-miyu singing utada. soooo looking forward to it.
    -lemon, amina, and ishida already look outclassed, i'm sorry >_<

i think lots of people in AKB48 can sing, or have the potential to sing.

they just don't (lip synching). they also can't sing together. i'm sure a lot of them individually have good voices.

i'm no kinaa though. [sweat]

9. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I agree with this. [nod]

Well, she did say that she used to follow Akicha for her idoling stuff. So perhaps deep down, she's actually interested in both the idoling and the talent. And that's kind of what AKB48 offers right now - the hybrid of the two. Or in other words .. everything you ever want. [hehe]

EDIT:

Totally looking forward to Wasamin's performance next week!! :XD:

10. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    I understand lol. I didn't mean every one of them can't sing to save their life. I just meant that you can't follow idol solely relying on talent alone. And well, for once I actually agree with yic lol that AKB is kinda like combining both, currently.

11. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    man i'm watching haachan again and i still feel bad for her. she looked defeated from the start, even though i think she's really good. (she also stumbled out of the gates in the beginning. she even missed one of the lyrics.)

i don't think that's a very good song for exhibiting your singing skill though. but she showed she can dance at the same time.
    arg poor haachan

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB8D_A8WJdA[/yt]

12. IANF826

IANF826 Kenkyuusei

I felt bad for Haachan too. Even though she may have looked defeated, she still went up there and did her thing. The girl is a performer and a crowd pleaser, sadly though the judges weren't paying attention to that. I enjoyed her little number though, and so did the other members.

13. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    <---Hesitant to join in the Wasa-argument :lol:

Heck, at this point I am rooting for her to get past Lemon. After that, we'll see how she does.

Sure, Kinaa has a Wasamin bias. So do I! :inlove: Although I have heard Wasamin miss a note or two as recently as her own birthday show. She's great, and I love her dearly. I obviously think she's the best. But I never said she was perfect. Wasamin herself would even admit that she still needs work to achieve her dreams.

But in all fairness, this entire Forum is chock full of oshi-bias. In fact most of you in here are guilty of it yourself. Not that there's anything wrong with it. Just sayin'. So let's not be hypocritical, eh?

I also agree that they didn't necessarily pick the best 12 singers in AKB for this competition. Not mentioning any names, but there are a few missing that I would love to see.

Abd whoever wins will surely deserve it. After all, it is AKBingo! This is supposed to be fun. [rock]

14. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I wouldn't be surprised if the reason that media senbatsu + senbatsu wasn't included was because it would look really bad if the faces of AKB48 weren't even the best singers of AKB or got knocked out in the first round, etc.

Can you imagine the backlash if Acchan lost to Miyu?

15. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

My bias is purely professional interest in singing quality. If Wasamin couldn't sing well and have lots of potential. I wouldn't be interested. And no when she is doing her solo work, not a note wrong.

From a purely professional musicians perspective she IS AKBs best singer now. Though people like Acchan may have more ability in putting songs together because she has been singing so long, but her voice is quite limited, and thin on tone and power, similar to Yukirin, can sing but has a sweet light narrow voice.

This is not fandom stuff, simple really basic musical reality. Like 2+2=4 it really is quite obvious.

Maybe I am getting too old (48) and was in the music game too long to be as gentle with this as I might.

Now I'm not knocking Yuka, her voice has lots of potential as well, but she does need lots of technique work on breathing, intonation, and proper voice production. So the potential is there to actually improve quite a lot form where she is. My only question mark is on her musical 'ear'.

But I do think it is intended for her to win through in this comp. I wonder if they have singles plans for her?

16. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Isn't it also possible for Yukirin to sing this way on purpose? Maybe she can sing with more power but she sings with a sweet light narrow voice because the idol fans prefer this type of voice? Personally, I love her soft voice - probably my favorite in all of AKB. It brings a different sensation compare to Wasamin and Yuka's stronger/powerful voice. Not saying I don't like their voices - because I do. But I still prefer Yukirin's softer, soothing voice most of the times.

Have you seen these performances by Yukirin? Maybe you are able to tell if she can actually sing with more power and is singing soft on purpose OR if she actually has reached the limit of her singing ability.

[dm]xo4fgy_akb48-live-infinity-yukirin-sae-ver-yyyyy_music[/dm]

[dm]xo4ffr_akb48-live-yyyyyyy-music-fair-2011-11-19-yukirin-mayuyu-and-juju_music[/dm]

17. jinbaoyin48

jinbaoyin48 Kenkyuusei

i kind of enjoyed all the comments here regarding the vocal part of AKB members...regarding yuka's music "ears"...is kind of an interesting point to note...the reason why i flavour her techniques due to prolong listening of hokkien songs orginated from taiwan...voices doesn't always comes from the mouth through the throat...breathing techniques is very important which i agree...there are often half notes in and out from other parts of the head which will affect the voice...emotions involved during singing can be critical as well...positioning of the mic...so much stuff that we hardly talk about when discussing about AKB48...but now we are...no matter whether you prefer wasamin or yuka...is a good thing we are talking about all these here...maybe we should start to rank our top members in terms of vocal ability...

18. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    ^ I don't know about you but my top ranking is filled with decent singers :awesome:

but anyway, let's just cut the discussion here. Now we're seriously out of topic :^^;:

19. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    are we? they had a singing competition and we're still talking about the singing.

i actually enjoyed kinaa's commentary because, for me, i'm just a guy with 2 ears and no musical training. everyone hates it when i go karaoke. :D it's nice to get an opinion from a trained person.

i think the conspiracy theory that "yuka will win because everyone likes yuka and it's named diva" is a bit much though.

by the way, in case anyone was interested on what people were saying on the show... this is purely from memory so i might trip something up.

ranran vs. suuchan
    -for suzuran, the judges praised her, admitted she was spotty at times, had some pitch problems. "gachi" means honest, serious, etc. so they were getting serious commentary and it was pointed out.
    -for suuchan, she herself was not pleased with her performance. pitch problems were pointed out.
    -one of the judges stated that if he was a producer he would pick suuchan over suzuran because of potential. (ironically, the king records producer picked suuchan.)
    komariko vs. myao
    -for komariko, the judges appreciated that she gave a good rendition of the song without trying to mime ikimonogakari. komariko said it was her akb audition song so it was important her. she got tsukkomi because she was acting like it was her song. :D
    -for myao, the center judge felt that myao didn't show her true strength, because myao's nervousness led to her heartbeat causing unnatural vibrato (when you pulsate your pitch instead of holding it). her breathing was also a problem.
    yuka vs. haachan
    -for yuka, judges complimented her on what is called "fake" in Japanese... basically the part where she improvised the low-to-high pitch, when she sang "nani mo kamo" and the part where everybody on the show got chills. yuka said it was the song she practiced the most and tried to make into her own. the judge said that while the "fake" was good, she didn't do a good job expressing the emotions of the song. the gallery referenced another show called bukaii, and since i haven't seen it i don't really get it.
    -for haachan, the judges said it was a good performance but they thought it would've been better to see her use a song with more low notes and thought that she should chosen another of Nakamori Akina's songs, "Shoujo A". haachan also attended one of the judge's singing school 7 years ago. the judge said that in terms of singing she was a kindergartner back then, but now she's an adult. kiyoto said that while haachan lost the match, she won the "best friend to go karaoke with" title.

:music: and if anyone is curious to hear the original songs... :music:

yamauchi suzuran // roppongi chuushin by anne lewis
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuCipmyk_Fw[/yt]
    satou sumire // anata ni aete yokatta by koizumi kyoko
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQTo6mCHWOw[/yt]
    nakamura mariko // akaneiro no yakusoku by ikimonogakari
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0aRyb2qsEw[/yt]
    miyazaki miho // aoi no sangoshou by matsuda seiko
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSBPn6QKsFI[/yt]
    masuda yuka // yasashii kisu wo shite by DREAMS COME TRUE
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaUNEgUd7uU[/yt]
    katayama haruka // desire ~jounetsu~ by nakamori akina
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCdq9RN8d18[/yt]

20. digital clone

digital clone Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I liked Haachan singing and song selection. I'm proud to call her my oshimen. Ranran was pretty good as well.