Attending AKB48 handshakes: how-to (work in progress)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 26, 2013.

1. KOMI7

KOMI7 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Hi there, just wanted to asked. I'm coming to japan in the coming weeks, and I am interested to attend the 24th sept handshake event. can i still get ticket for that? and do i need to apply via website for the ticket or can I just by the cd in person at one of tokyo cd store (since i have seen a blog of someone just buying a cd and getting a ticket that way)? please help...

2. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Unfortunately the application period for that event has ended. They are doing resale right now for all the other events for that single.

And there's no other way to attend the event. Sorry :(

3. KOMI7

KOMI7 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Really?? well cant be helped then, thank you for letting me know. do you happen to know if there are doing any other event between 21 to 26 of sept that i could go to besides the theater performance?

4. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Not according to the schedule
    https://sp.akb48.co.jp/schedule/event/

There is the Janken Tournament on the 23rd but ticket application period has already ended.
    Apart from that there are just individual HS events.

Theatre schedule for that week isn‘t online yet, but with the Janken tournament and individual HS taking place, i wouldn‘t keep my hopes high.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    If you are out of event option in Tokyo, I suggest to look here
    https://toyota-team8.jp/schedule/sp/
    I assume you will have a JR Pass to ride the Shinkansen. There are several events in Akita, Hiroshima, and Yamaguchi. Some need lottery for free tickets, some need to reserve a ticket. Let me know if you need help to buy it from Japan.

6. KOMI7

KOMI7 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    thanks for the info, I will look into it then

7. Ezia

Ezia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Forgive me if these questions are stupid, I'm brand new to all of the handshake stuff.

I'll be in Japan for the first half of March 2019 and was hoping to attend something AKB-related if possible. Given that *edit: the 54th single :fp:* will be the most recently released single when I visit Japan (well, the 55th single will likely come out when I'm there), does that mean handshake tickets from the theater edition of *edit: 54th* will still be valid for any handshaking events they might have in March? Also, am I right in thinking that the event tickets in the limited edition versions of the singles are for national handshake events on specific dates, so theater edition is the way to go for general handshake events?

How far in advance are the events planned and schedules released?

I'll be visiting various places in Japan and can plan my schedule based on events if necessary. I'll definitely be in Tokyo and probably Osaka and Nagoya - other than presumably having to buy NMB/SKE singles rather than AKB, is there anything important I should know about handshake events in the latter two places?

Again, sorry if any of these questions are super dumb or if I'm making incorrect assumptions about any part of the process. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  8. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    the last handshake date for sentimental train is for the end of december and the application period is already over.
    the next single will probably come out november/december and should have dates closer to your time frame, dates should be available shortly after they announce the next single.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ezia

Ezia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    For some reason I thought it was later in the year than it was and that ST would be the last single for the year. Oh dear :fp:

Thanks, you're right, there's another one coming out in the next few months. I'll keep an eye out for dates on that one.

10. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Just make sure you check very frequently once the single is announced because the sale period goes by very quickly and you can miss it if you forget to check for a week.

11. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Pro-tip: if you see the next single's HS result post on its thread at News & Releases section. That means the order period is on. Check the chara-ani for details. As there might be no National HS schedule while you are here, better secure something for Individual HS before you come.

If there is one or two National HS, I suggest to also go to that one. As it will has more performances. However, just buy the Limited Edition CD in stores after you arrived. Should not be that difficult to find. In some second hand stores, you can even buy just the national HS ticket if you are lucky. I saw some selling it in Harajuku and Akihabara for ¥1000.

If you have JR Pass, see my post above.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Erythrocytes

Erythrocytes Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komadahiroka
    Hey everyone, am going over to japan this november
    Initially I only planned to get tickets for the theater performances only but recently found out about the 11/24-26 event in chiba.
    Can i know if the application dates are over? Or is the tickets obtainable through other means?

Thanks!

13. Puni

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Sorry, you're out of luck.
    That's an individual HS Event. Regular application period for this is already over. You can however keep an close eye on the chara-ani site or the AKB blog. Sometimes they'll start another resale round. Currently there is one for "Teacher, Teacher" HS events, which doesn't help you since the one you want to attend is for "Sentimental Train".
    Please keep in mind that resale rounds are Cash on Delivery only, so you can't pay via credit card.

But there also is a Zenkoku (National) HS Event on 11th November.
    For this you need event tickets out of Limited Edition CDs. For this event they accept tickets from "Teacher, Teacher" and "Sentimental Train".
    These CDs are likely still available at stores in November, just make sure you're buying the Limited Edition. There are also various shops that sell tickets individually so you don't have to think about what you will do with a bag full of CDs.

14. Erythrocytes

Erythrocytes Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komadahiroka
    Thanks a lot!
    After looking through their calendar, I also saw one Hayaokuri Calendar event on 18 Nov.
    Can I know if it is the same like you mentioned - where it needs applications to work?

15. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    You're in luck, that's a Zenkoku Event, which means you will only need to purchase normal versions of the CD to get the tickets inside. Plus, they will very likely be selling CDs outside the venue, so you can probably get CDs and tickets on-site.

And I can't be sure, but November is so far out that there is a good chance they will do chara-ani resale for Sentimental Train November events. But keep in mind, like Puni mentioned, if you apply you will need to have the CDs sent COD to a Japan address.

16. Erythrocytes

Erythrocytes Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komadahiroka
    Thanks a lot!
    Guess I'll be going to the hkt one then, since I'm mostly only into hkt itself [hehe]

17. Puni

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    One little extra piece of information. The 18th November HKT HS event seems to accept event tickets from both Hayaokuri Calendar and Kiss wa Matsushikanai.

18. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Guys, can I actually buy HS/2S tickets outside the sales round? If only members I'd like to have HS/2S with still have unsold slots.

Assuming I can go to Japan next spring. Should've purchased the tickets now but I'm not sure.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  19. tuxedo_gin

tuxedo_gin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    onishimomoka
    Read the OP. There are two kinds of HS events. The national HS event requires only the CD purchase. The individual events require you to purchase the theater edition online during the sales rounds. If you'll be there in March, now is the time to buy for the individual HS event. May and June will be during the next single's sales period (probably around Jan/Feb?)

20. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Simple answer. Yes.

Zenkoku HS usually don't have gimmick session. Cmiiw. And even if it is gimmick session, prepare your luck :fp: you will need it.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1