Disbanded J-pop Girl Groups

Discussion in 'The Music Forum' started by milaya, Jul 1, 2007.

1. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    So true. *listens to Snow Crystals*

Why were they disbanded anyway? They had YEARS AND YEARS left in them~!!!!

2. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

^ Don't think anybody knows for sure :confused:
    It's not Avex-like to drop an artist(s) for their low sales.
    So it's probably a choice made by the girls themself, rumours says that it's two of the girls who wanted to quit, and then the three of them wanted to continue, but then a third wanted to follow the two others, and the last two didn't wnat to continue.

Atleast they got a good goodbye song....
    I miss them

3. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

well ZONE is disbanded, but u still got Shiroi Hana that plays ZONE's songs :lol: (advertising my band a little, gomen gomen...) Come and see us play, ne~?!
    Just got Takayo's solo album, but the songs kinda...plain to hear. Maybe cause i expect too much from the ex-leader of ZONE. MARIA is good, i like the refreshed style of Maiko there. maybe it's because she got too little role when in ZONE. but MARIA's songs are cool. I like their song "Tsubomi". It's used as an opening (or ending) of an anime...what? :confused:

4. dan.

dan. Kenkyuusei

I still love ZONE, SWEETS and Day After Tomorrow

about DAT, I don't like the Misono's solo songs :(

someone remembers UNDER17??

5. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

I agree. I really enjoyed DAT's stuff, but misono is trying to go the cute-ish path, and for some reason, it just doesn't resonate well with her. She's obviously capable of more, but they insist on pushing kawaii-ness onto her image. Whoever's making that choice is squandering some really good talent.

Ahhh, good'ol ZONE. Takayo's solo stuff is.. kinda okay. I find it a little boring but it's better than nothing, and I like her voice. MARIA... ehhh, I dunno. It sounds like a very generic ZONE. Their music is good, but not entirely unique sounding to me. It looks like Miyu Nagase will be re-debuting soon, from things I read at Hello! Online recently, so yay for that. I really don't expect Mizuho to return to the music scene. No offense, I liked her and all, but I don't think she has much talent to stand on her own. I think she'd be really good on a TV show doing some kind of host/anchor work. She has an amazing, high-powered personality for sure. I want Tomoka back! :( She had a good voice, and was HAWT.

6. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

^I also prefer ZONE over MARIA. I've downloaded their debut album, but it has hardly caught my attention and I'm for sure not buying it. Then I'll rather keep spending money on ZONE. ;)

Hmm, never heard about them.

7. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

Yes it's true. What i like from MARIA is like they're...more mature, and the songs are somewhat dark (refers to Tsubomi). But YES i like ZONE better than MARIA, i want them to revive. ZONE is more happy-go-lucky, really nice pop-rockish songs. :)

Eh, u have MARIA's debut album, Milaya? If it's not troubling u, would u mind uploading it for me? I think Kyobu has made a thread that allows us to upload non-AKB48 files. Thx before... :D

8. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

^ I've uploaded the album in the depot.
    Direct link to my post ~HERE~

Hope you don't mind it being zipped, since I don't have the time to upload the songs separate.

9. Erena

Erena Kenkyuusei

I perfer ZONE over MARIA, In fact I really haven't listen to much MARIA songs but I might start! ^^

10. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

Many THANKS!!! I'll go get it right away... :D
    no i don't mind it being zipped, the fact is i like it more being zipped because it's easier to download...
    Thanx heaps, Milaya!!! :D

11. Daisuki Daiiyo

Daisuki Daiiyo Kenkyuusei

lol About SweetS disbanding, it was because their 2 oldest members (Aki & Aya) had just got accepted into High School, and wanted to focus more on their studies, and so the group just decided to break up.

I wouldn't have minded if they atleast went on as 3-nin SweetS though :( But Miori, after their kaisan announcement, also decided that after SweetS she didn't want to be in the music business anymore, and that she wanted to pursue acting instead. Quite a shame, because they were all really really talented.

Hopefully a Mai/Haruna unit will come out someday! lol That won't be atleast until 2009 though will it? I think that's when they finally get out of HS too.

12. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

^Thanx for clearing up.
    I knew there was something about two members leaving, and then one more. (which turned out to be Miori) Too bad for Haruna and Mai.
    I especially hope Haruna will make an comeback to the music industry. I love her voice, and there's no doubt she was my favorite member.

13. WaSuReRu

WaSuReRu Kenkyuusei

i love sweets, some of their songs are good..

have you guys heard about BBB (bon bon blanco), pipo's angel, speena, bless 4. i dont know if they already disbanded or not.. but never heard about them again anyway..

14. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

^ Pipo's Angel's released a new single in July, (haven't been able to download it anywhere though) and have added 3 new members too.

Bon Bon Blanco released a single in the beginning of 2007.

Speena are disbanded, the two remaining members were signed to avax, and calls themself Yvonne Sisters now, but haven't released anything.

Bless 4, I haven't heard about though. ;)

15. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    I miss SweetS, No all-girl band that have all been born in the 90's have been as good as them. They were even better then Momusu for a bit there. Dammit! Does anyone know any new kickin girl bands that I may be missing out on?

16. keiti

keiti Kenkyuusei

I don't know if this is the right place but what is the the mystery word in zone's song akashi
    is in the last three line
    もし 僕が死んで 涙を流す 人がいるなら・・・ X X X X X
    涙が 左の鼓動を 揺らす 震え上がる 証を
    僕は ここにいる、今生きている 叫び続けて 進む・・・

this XXXXX in the lives miyu say something but far from the mic

17. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

^I never noticed that. But now when you say it, I looked at the PV, and when she gets to the part you mention, she says a word in the PV but no sound...

18. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

I am running on memories here, but I think it was mentioned in an interview or something it was "dare no tame?"

19. Gray

Gray Kenkyuusei

The only one that I really listened to out of this was EARTH. It was back when I was first getting into Jpop, therefore I was a little disappointed to realize that they were already broke up by the time I wanted to get into them... they were a bit too R&B for me, anyway.

20. keiti

keiti Kenkyuusei

thanks for the answer